PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Ruiz, I want Dichio

trane
08-22-2008, 07:24 PM
It is not about who is better, but for the sake of history I want Dichio back upfront for the rest of the season, to try and have a play-off run, just in case it is our last chance to see him play in our uniform in a significant role, call me sentimental, but at this point the season is on the verge of being lost, I would love to see the big fella upfront and maybe grind out a playoff birth. It may end up being nothing, but it may end up being the stuff that makes TFC legends. Blame Parky, his video made me all sentimental.

I want a team with grit and character. Dichio is that.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Even if he never played another game for Toronto FC, Danny Dichio would still be a legend forever at this club. He symbolizes everything Toronto FC should be about. He plays with fire and passion and he scores some fantastic goals, and he truly cares about the club. And he's a class act off the pitch if I ever saw one.

Torcida
08-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Dichio has by the best strike rate of any TFC player ever. By far. How can you justify benching him as soon as we sign a new player?

Richard D
08-22-2008, 08:32 PM
because we need some offence. He's going to be the coach within the next 3 years so he might as well ride the pine and help out Carver cause lord knows he needs it...

jloome
08-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Dichio has by the best strike rate of any TFC player ever. By far. How can you justify benching him as soon as we sign a new player?

It's totally asinine. When he's played, we've always had a chance to win. When he hasn't, we haven't. He has a better than 1-in-3 rate and is a dominating physical presence to boot. Shit. Teddy Sheringham played as a target forward until he was 40, and he was slow as fuck.

trane
08-22-2008, 09:14 PM
The logical part of me thinks that the combination of Dichio, and either Barret of that fuck Ruiz, could be lethal. The only reason, my logical signed and sentimetal side would accept Dichio being on the bench, is if he continues to have problems with his head.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
It's totally asinine. When he's played, we've always had a chance to win. When he hasn't, we haven't. He has a better than 1-in-3 rate and is a dominating physical presence to boot. Shit. Teddy Sheringham played as a target forward until he was 40, and he was slow as fuck.
And he scored a remarkable amount of goals even at the very end for the Hammers as well. Pace is nice, but it isn't everything...

Richard D
08-22-2008, 09:24 PM
I love Dichio as much as the next guy but lately he looks like my uncle running around when we play at our annual family picnic.

FluSH
08-22-2008, 09:52 PM
I am really trying to like Ruiz... really I'm trying!

GhostPK
08-22-2008, 10:03 PM
I love Dichio as much as the next guy but lately he looks like my uncle running around when we play at our annual family picnic.

Are you kidding me? Dichio is amazing. He could be rollin around in a wheel chair and still nail a header off a corner to the back of the net. If the opposition would quit placing their hardest body parts into Dichio's skull, he may get back on pace.

Draracle
08-22-2008, 10:05 PM
I am really trying to like Ruiz... really I'm trying!
it ain't easy. I keep telling myself that the team could be a lot better with him.... it better be. The pitchforks and torches will be out in force if Ruiz is a flop.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-22-2008, 10:08 PM
If he wanted us to not hate him, you'd think he'd report to the f'in team already...

Bars92
08-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Forget about Dichio. Well don't forget, but you know what I mean.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-23-2008, 01:55 AM
What Id like to know is how we decided to bench Dicho and play Ruiz...
Why not play both?

Kevvv
08-23-2008, 02:16 AM
Who decided what?

Barrett will play, that must be a given. I'd guess JC will start Dichio if he thinks he's up for it, but won't risk him for more than an hour. He'll want to get Ruiz some playing time, but he's never seen the guy, let alone had him in practice, so I can't see him getting a ton of playing time.

Fiin
08-23-2008, 05:33 AM
Who decided what?

Barrett will play, that must be a given. I'd guess JC will start Dichio if he thinks he's up for it, but won't risk him for more than an hour. He'll want to get Ruiz some playing time, but he's never seen the guy, let alone had him in practice, so I can't see him getting a ton of playing time.

Exactly, Carver has said in a few places now along the lines of "now we have some depth at forward, with Ruiz, Barrett, Dichio and Ibrahim.."

Not... "we are going to toss the bald old man headfirst off the cliff cause thats how we roll"

ensco
08-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Carver said today that Dichio gets only 10 or 20 minutes at most.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Carver said today that Dichio gets only 10 or 20 minutes at most.

Not terribly surprised as hes been injured and hasnt had any regular playing time, good to see he may be up and at em soon enough.

tfc-th
08-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Why, pray tell, does everyone immediately think that Dichio is going to be thrown over by Carver as depth is being added? Oh, that's right... because it's the internet! Carver is not a stupid man, and he's not going to risk Danny's career for short term gain.

Danny hasn't played much because he has a concussion. Yes, that's right... an injury. And I'm willing to venture that he had it for a while before, but due to being a giant bloody tank of a man, he just kept on playing thinking that he'd turned up the volume in his headphones too loud at his last DJ gig. Anyone have some Advil?

There's character in them thar hills. This guy has been at clubs where he was in danger of being relegated to concession cashier during slumps but he chose to stick it out and fight for his place. He appears to love Toronto and Toronto FC, and I see no reason why he wouldn't fight just as hard to keep his place here. You may give up on Danny but I'm 200% sure he won't give up on you. A concussion is not necessarily a career ending injury (thank you, Greg Sutton!), even if it ends the season for him. He'll be back and he'll fight his way through.

And for those of you who feel that Danny doesn't have enough finesse or speed or grace, I challenge you to find someone on our team that has those qualities and can match the results the big man has turned in... even with missing part of the season! I don't care if he just stands there like the statue of Bill Shankly, as long as he's scaring the bejesus out of the opposing players and turning in results like the Parkhurst-alike tying goal last season (credit to Danny for not taking his arse out of his pants and showing it to Parkhurst -- "See? I can do it too!"), or the awesome goal against Burpo at the June 14th Colorado match.

If there was ever a man who deserved the honour of a song every 24th minute of every match, home and away, over a year after giving us that blissful minute (and then promptly being ejected for fear he might make good on the concept of eating a team for breakfast), Danny Dichio is that man. I welcome his efforts for this club whether as a player, a coach, front office staff, or as a goodwill ambassador to the Argos.

Okay, maybe not that last one.

ManUtd4ever
08-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Once Dichio has fully regained his health, I would like to see Carver employ him as a starter for 50-60 minutes. Danny's strike ratio, defensive presence, and ability to control the play would be far more beneficial to TFC in the earlier stages of a match...

Redcoe15
08-23-2008, 10:32 AM
We all want to see Dichio back in the lineup ASAP. But the big guy has been suffering from a concussion for a while now and that cheap shot he received last week in New York didn't help matters much. Concussions aren't something you can just shake off, you know. Especially considering the type of game Dichio plays.

poppamidnight
08-23-2008, 10:34 AM
It is not about who is better, but for the sake of history I want Dichio back upfront for the rest of the season, to try and have a play-off run, just in case it is our last chance to see him play in our uniform in a significant role, call me sentimental, but at this point the season is on the verge of being lost, I would love to see the big fella upfront and maybe grind out a playoff birth. It may end up being nothing, but it may end up being the stuff that makes TFC legends. Blame Parky, his video made me all sentimental.

I want a team with grit and character. Dichio is that.

So let me get this straight....

you feel that this week (by releasing our laziest player, and getting are high-potential youth in his spot [johann] AND bringing in another striker),

you feel our season is on the verge of being lost????

...and to counteract this you want to put a CLEARLY NON-HEALTHY danny dichio into the lineup regardless of health implications....

...you do realize what you are saying....

that it doesnt matter if Danny gets re-concussed, and essentially risks his career, AS LONG AS YOU GET TO SEE HIM in the lineup???

....reeeeeeeeee-diculous!!!!!

Give your head a shake........... we need danny for the long haul..... what good is he if he gets subbed in only to get concussed again after 3 mins????.... and what if he has to shut-er-down for his career???.....

Here, we'll make you a deal.... he'll play ON THE CONDITION that if he gets reconcussed, that you - TRANE - you, will have to get on your knee's and have 5 RPB's club your head with Nerf bats + Pool-Noodles....
Deal, or no deal howie Mandell?

trane
08-23-2008, 11:16 AM
^What the fuck are you talking about? Who the fuck said that I want him back at any cost? The post is about that I want Danny to lead this team, that I would like to see him healthy and leading the team for at least one last strech, not that I want him to play if he is not healthy. I prefer him to Ruiz.

As for your other shit, I will leave it alone, because you are RPB.

jloome
08-23-2008, 11:37 AM
He's an idiot. One more for the ignore list.

Ha! Then I signed in and realized he's already on it.

trane
08-23-2008, 11:40 AM
^ I cannot figure, out why it is hard to just discuss things, without going overboard.

trane
08-23-2008, 11:42 AM
The logical part of me thinks that the combination of Dichio, and either Barret of that fuck Ruiz, could be lethal. The only reason, my logical side and sentimetal side would accept Dichio being on the bench, is if he continues to have problems with his head.

An earlier post. Just for the record.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-23-2008, 11:46 AM

Yea, trane never said he wanted him in there at all costs, nobody wants to see Dichio's career end because he comes back too soon. Some people just have a tendency to completely overreact... like that "Hyperbole Man" thing someone else posted in another thread...

rocker
08-23-2008, 12:18 PM

i put four people in my ignore list (you know who you are! hahaha) last week and my experience of the boards since then has been beautiful!!
now, if we could just get that script in the forum that also ignores the quoted replies in non-ignored users' messages, it would be even more awesome.

Nuvinho
08-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Skill:

Ruiz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dichio

Heart:

Dichio>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ruiz

That's how we should sum it up, in terms of these two. We should still give Ruiz a chance (remember what we said about Guevara when we acquired him.....now we love 'el lobo').

Dunc
08-23-2008, 03:13 PM
people seem to be thinking putting Dichio in the lineup is a tradeoff of skill for heart, but it's not. Just because he's not fast doesn't mean he's not skilled. Dichio is very skilled, he's got an incredible touch that came from playing so many years in top flight (or one-off top-flight) football, and he's got a mind for the game.

If he's fit, I'd like to see Dichio in unless Barrett and Carlos the Shitcunt earn the spot ahead of him.

trane
08-23-2008, 07:37 PM
^ You know that I agree with you Dunc.

Jamaicanadian
08-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Even if he never played another game for Toronto FC, Danny Dichio would still be a legend forever at this club. He symbolizes everything Toronto FC should be about. He plays with fire and passion and he scores some fantastic goals, and he truly cares about the club. And he's a class act off the pitch if I ever saw one.

QFT!!!!

I saw Dichio in the concession area during halftime @ the CAN-JAM game.
I approached him and told him that my son was a big fan of his and would love to meet him....He obliged by introducing himself to my son and speaking with him for a bit!! That was the highlight of the night for my son and myself!

Big up Danny D....trust me!!!