PDA

View Full Version : Ruiz MIA

Jeffro
08-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Carlos Ruiz has not returned to TFC from international duty and at this point no one at TFC knows where he is or how to get ahold of him.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Damn LOL your always right. WTF

Pigfynn
08-22-2008, 05:25 PM
and you know this how?

sully
08-22-2008, 05:26 PM
ask Guevara for his cell number..they are buddies aren't they?

FluSH
Carlos Ruiz has not returned to TFC from international duty and at this point no one at TFC knows where he is or how to get ahold of him.

THANK GOD

I_AM_CANADIAN
I did find it weird that JC said he hadn't spoken to the guy yet... Cross your fingers that he turns up. I mean, I'm not a fan, but we need him.

Kickit09
08-22-2008, 05:29 PM
did they check the brass rail?

joel
08-22-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm sure his agent is the contact point, he will show up.

Carter
08-22-2008, 05:30 PM
It was already stated that Ruiz has a problem getting back from international duty on time, doubt he will be back. But if you read the news posts, they aren't expecting him back till tomorrow anyways...

TFC's newest man already kicking

By FRANK ZICARELLI AND SUN WIRE SERVICES
Carlos Ruiz, Toronto FC's newly acquired forward, is expected to arrive in Toronto tomorrow(Saturday 23, 2008). TFC head coach John Carver isn't sure if Carver will suit up Saturday against the New England Revolution.

LucaGol
08-22-2008, 05:31 PM
call his cell

Pigfynn
08-22-2008, 05:31 PM
If he shows up all "I'm the man" and shit I hope Carver gives him the old hair dryer treatment straight away.

I just hope this fucking guy doesn't start with his diving and cheating, head kicking bullshit here in Toronto because I'd like to think we won't be too impressed. Oh, and before someone says that all he has to do is score and all will be forgiven..Fuck that, we have more class than that.... surely.

Jeffro
08-22-2008, 05:32 PM
and you know this how?

I don't feel I should have to say that I have an inside source who can't be named any more. It grows tiresome. Just know that I don't post on this board with sketchy information. In fact, I really only post if I am given information that I think would be interesting/important to TFC supporters. I am not a sensationalist trying to look cool :).

LucaGol
08-22-2008, 05:33 PM
I don't feel I should have to say that I have an inside source who can't be named any more. It grows tiresome. Just know that I don't post on this board with sketchy information. In fact, I really only post if I am given information that I think would be interesting/important to TFC supporters. I am not a sensationalist trying to look cool :).

You shoulda used the shades emoticon...:cool:...

Pigfynn
08-22-2008, 05:35 PM

Never said you were mate:)

Just forgot your screen name....now that I think of it I do remember you
posting before. Beg your pardon :thumbsup:

joel
08-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah he's prob at home plowing some girls he used to know from highschool and stuff, playing the 'im flying out of town card' and all, he'll be in tomorrow :p

BigLou
08-22-2008, 05:41 PM
and you know this how?

This guy is right EVERY time.

Jeffro
08-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Never said you were mate:)

Just forgot your screen name....now that I think of it I do remember you
posting before. Beg your pardon :thumbsup:

No you didn't... but there are a lot of those on this board, so it would be fair to assume :D

Pigfynn
08-22-2008, 05:43 PM
I wanna source.

If there is anyone reading this board that is "in the know" and wants to
be Pigfynn's source, let me know.

gtaguy
08-22-2008, 05:51 PM
if there anyone that can keep this guy in the straight and narrow its has got be Carver.....

:D

i forgot to mention.. latinos love to party after a game.. i would not doubt that hes probably somewhere where he can't be reached..
someone here mentioned hes might be at the brass rail... your not to far off.. maybe the brass rail guatemala style...

dantdot
08-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Did they check all the local Hooters?

ensco
08-22-2008, 05:55 PM
call his cell

Yes, but remember when Carver said he couldn't get a hold of Guevara in May?

"We might still try to get (Guevara) there for Sunday. It's not easy getting in touch with people when they're in Honduras, if that's where he is.

Of course, there were over one million cellphones in Honduras in 2004 (which means there are a lot more now), it's similar in Guatemala, so this "we can't find him" stuff is bogus.

If he can't find him, it's because Ruiz doesn't want to be found.

trane
08-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Fuck Ruiz that cunt I do not want guys who do not want to be here. Fucking Cunt.

Dirk Diggler
I hope he doesn't turn up. Please don't show up.

v00d00daddy
I think this guys past speaks for itself but I would think he is our best striker now, no? And yes, if he scores a bunch of goals for us then I don't care what he's done in the past. Call me classless if you like but I would rather win a few games then talk about how hard our guys worked, how much class they had, and how bad they were beaten. I'm tired of hard working, brick footed players. (insert several TFC starters). Hopefully this guy has some skill. With any luck TFC will pull out a point or three tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

TFC07
08-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Why does Mo keep getting guys that have attitude problems? Ruiz? Robert? Guevara? (Though he has been good so far)

ilikemusic
08-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Ruiz is MIA?

Lets hope he stays that way.

TFC07
08-22-2008, 06:29 PM
I think this guys past speaks for itself but I would think he is our best striker now, no? And yes, if he scores a bunch of goals for us then I don't care what he's done in the past. Call me classless if you like but I would rather win a few games then talk about how hard our guys worked, how much class they had, and how bad they were beaten. I'm tired of hard working, brick footed players. (insert several TFC starters). Hopefully this guy has some skill. With any luck TFC will pull out a point or three tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

That's the thing! Ruiz is shit! He is a Latino version of Cunny. He used to score a lot of goals in the past but that's got to do with level of play in MLS which wasn't great during that time.

I agree with you about skilled players comment. We need skilled players, not just hardworkers if we want to be successful.

ensco
08-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Why does Mo keep getting guys that have attitude problems? Ruiz? Robert? Guevara? (Though he has been good so far)

Because that's who teams don't want.

Look what these guys cost us. Nothing.

It's partly that we're not a good team, and partly the turf, imo, that we're forced to swim at this end of the pool.

Corcai
08-22-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm happy with Guevara. He shows that he wants to play, and maybe Ruiz will to when he realizes the audience he has at home.

jloome
08-22-2008, 06:53 PM
That's the thing! Ruiz is shit! He is a Latino version of Cunny. He used to score a lot of goals in the past but that's got to do with level of play in MLS which wasn't great during that time.

I agree with you about skilled players comment. We need skilled players, not just hardworkers if we want to be successful.

What do you base this on? He was at Dallas until this season, and scored a goal every two games for them, which is a hella good rate. Same at the Galaxy before that. And this year, while he only has one goal, he also has only had two starts out of 11 appearances.

There's nothing yet to suggest he's past it, particularly given that he's 28, which is prime age for a striker. On top of that, he's always been far more skilled with the ball than Cunningham.

AS much of a prick as the guy is, I'm not sure why people enjoy throwing out horseshit conjecture with nothing to back it up.

BigLou
08-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I hope he doesn't turn up. Please don't show up.
I have to suggest that he is better than nothing. Mo seems to like him and I felt the same way about Amado Guevara before he came to TFC as I do about Ruiz now. These guys are not my favorite kind of guys but they are something that I believe TFC lacks: winners. All players in the salary cap world are gonna have something wrong with them.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-22-2008, 06:59 PM
why would you not want a striker with skill to show up, regardless of his prior shitty attitude? are we better off wthout a striker?

trane
08-22-2008, 07:10 PM
^ I do not like him, but his strike rate has been fantastic.

S_D
08-22-2008, 07:34 PM

Just wondering Jeffro if anyone at TFC is actually surprised by this?

jloome
08-22-2008, 08:19 PM
They shouldn't be, he pulled the late return thing to stay at home for a few extra days at both the Galaxy and Dallas.

Nuvinho
08-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Has Ruiz found Toronto yet??

Ossington Mental Youth
08-23-2008, 10:06 AM
was wondering this myself

TorontoUnitedScout
08-23-2008, 10:09 AM
i think were all a little too hard on this guy....are we all forgetting hes a monster in the air.....considering a large majority of his goals are from deliveries in the air...my only question is how is this guys foot?.......dichio and him up front whoa.....! watch out...I'd just float balls in all day...

poppamidnight
08-23-2008, 10:20 AM
do you guys at all read the posts???

Somebody just posted a news source saying he will arrive today (saturday)...

This post was started 16 hrs ago (friday)

So logically, he wont be there friday if his plane arrives saturday

-----end thread

Ehsan
08-23-2008, 10:22 AM
i think were all a little too hard on this guy....are we all forgetting hes a monster in the air.....considering a large majority of his goals are from deliveries in the air...my only question is how is this guys foot?.......dichio and him up front whoa.....! watch out...I'd just float balls in all day...

this should answer all you questions...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-mzkX71hg

I hope he starts today, I'm eager to see him play!

Shaughno
08-23-2008, 10:39 AM
do you guys at all read the posts???

Somebody just posted a news source saying he will arrive today (saturday)...

This post was started 16 hrs ago (friday)

So logically, he wont be there friday if his plane arrives saturday

-----end thread

Logic <-------------> This thread.

Between ignorant posts saying fuck Ruiz without him even suiting up and people not paying attention, this thread is useless anyway.

Shaughno
08-23-2008, 10:50 AM
When was the last time you saw a TFC player try something like this?

VTpN_touNL0&NR=1

SLBuu
08-23-2008, 10:58 AM
When was the last time you saw a TFC player try something like this?

VTpN_touNL0&NR=1

that is obviously not what we're looking for here Shaughno!!!!!!!!

get with the f-ing program JEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!

Oblio2
08-23-2008, 11:00 AM

Where is the attitude problem?

Shaughno
08-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Well fuck, Guevara and Robert had similar 'bad' pasts. Regardless of his past Ruiz is now a TFC player. People need ot get their fucking heads checked if they're going to continue bitching about a player who can't have done anything wrong yet because he's never played for us yet.

It blows my mind. I mean, I've hated the guy when we've played him but he's not playing for another team now.

SLBuu
08-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Well fuck, Guevara and Robert had similar 'bad' pasts. Regardless of his past Ruiz is now a TFC player. People need ot get their fucking heads checked if they're going to continue bitching about a player who can't have done anything wrong yet because he's never played for us yet.

It blows my mind. I mean, I've hated the guy when we've played him but he's not playing for another team now.

You shut your mouth with your common sense buddy!!!!!!!!!!

none of us want to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flatpicker
08-23-2008, 11:05 AM

QFT

now, can we get back to bitching please!!!

;)

trane
08-23-2008, 11:06 AM
^ The point is if he does not want to be here fuck him. He has a great strike rate, I do not care how he scores his goals, you get no points for style, but he scores, and that is great. But if he does not want to be here then I do not want him here. We are in the process of building a team we have to make sure we build it right.

There are several reporst already that he is displeased about coming to Toronto.

Shaughno
08-23-2008, 11:10 AM
He didn't want to be in Dallas either, yet he scored the majority of his goals there. You can't please this guy, just let him do his job and start bitching AFTER he either fucks up or doesn't cut it.

Detroit_TFC
08-23-2008, 11:19 AM
After a couple visits to the titty bar he'll be fine.

joel
08-23-2008, 11:21 AM
what a bunch of whiny bitches...let him play and then you can love him or hate him. And you will, because the world ends and is saved daily on here, lol and there is no middle ground around here.

fuck him!! argrhjhgf;FH'ODF'LAKSD'

KIDS.

rocker
08-23-2008, 11:37 AM
After a couple visits to the titty bar he'll be fine.

i'm willing to take him there if this is what it takes. we know that Alex Rodriguez of the Yankees loves the Brass rail. :)

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05302007/news/regionalnews/hes_a_yankee_doodle_randy_regionalnews_dan_mangan. htm

trane
08-23-2008, 11:37 AM
You know, I do not get it is this not the place were people passionate about their club, can express their opinion, as temporary as they are, or for some discusion people get to workd up on these boards. One way or the other, other silly shit. I do not mean anyone in particular, but everyone in general, including me.

ManUtd4ever
08-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Hey, I thought there was a complaint thread for senseless bitching and whining :D

joel
08-23-2008, 11:47 AM
You know, I do not get it is this not the place were people passionate about their club, can express their opinion, as temporary as they are, or for some discusion people get to workd up on these boards. One way or the other, other silly shit. I do not mean anyone in particular, but everyone in general, including me.

not a big fan of the 'temporary opinions'. It's often knee-jerk reactions and after you watch people change their mind every few minutes you kinda get annoyed.

Maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal on the internet, but for some people if I was at a bar and listened to people give opinions about players that haven't even played for us and change their minds all the time, I think I would be telling them to SHUT UP :)

jloome
08-23-2008, 11:50 AM
You know, I do not get it is this not the place were people passionate about their club, can express their opinion, as temporary as they are, or for some discussion people get to workd up on these boards. One way or the other, other silly shit. I do not mean anyone in particular, but everyone in general, including me.

It's the level of silliness that annoys people, although I wouldnt' say you normally fall in that category. Beyond that, it's the vitriol; you really do get the sense of immaturity and ignorance when people post extreme positions that aren't really supported in any way by the evidence -- such as one post on one blog suggesting ANONYMOUS sources say Ruiz doesn't want to be here, then seeing it picked up as fact everywhere; and most of those sources didn't then pick up Guevara's comment. The two are good friends, he said he talked to Ruiz and he's happy to be coming.

Then, worse, the person making the specious argument usually keeps on with the point when it's obvious they're now just trying to save face, instead of saying "yeah, that's right, ok, fuck that then" and moving on.

It's personal about the team, not about each other. Whether you're right or wrong on an individual issue doesn't mean shit to me, and so I don't judge you or anyone else for it, myself included. But when people just spout unsupportable nonsense, it's annoying as fuck. If someone can't make a cogent, rational argument of any sort to continue a discussion or debate, it's better just to state a position and move on.

A lot of it's misinterpretation, too. Sometimes, things that are intended as mere statements are taken on here as endorsements or challenges, just because of the general level of passion.

Now, having said all of that. I think it's a valid point for discussion whether we want the guy. I generally defer somewhat to the loyalty to the team side of the argument, but that can include valid criticism, and he certainly has a track record of being a nasty, no good prick. Some people are of the opinion that that's an admirable attitude for a professional athlete; they would've given their eye teeth, for example, to have Roy Keane on their team. On the other hand, having admitted to a deliberate severe assualt that left a man almost crippled -- in his own autobiography -- then paying that same player an out-of-court settlement, I'd suggest he should've been arrested.

So whether Ruiz is controversial, and therefore worth stating an opposing position on is not arguable. In fact, the only Ruiz issue i think is specious is whether he's still got the skills and heart; at 28, I think it's stupidly premature to write him off.

What isn't arguable is that arguing about whether he wants to be here is generally unsupported by fact right now.

v00d00daddy
08-23-2008, 11:53 AM

Why are we even talking about whether or not we like Ruiz, or if he's a good player. We can't judge that until he plays. This thread is about whether or not he's here to suit up for TFC. Yes, it was reported that he was coming Saturday morning but Carver also eluded to the fact that it may be too late for him to start if he gets here Saturday morning. Carver also said he hasn't even talked to the guy yet. Wait to see what he does first people.

Chevy
08-23-2008, 12:33 PM
^^ Agreed. Let him put the ball in the net a few times and then we will discuss his poor attitude later.

Ron Manager
08-23-2008, 12:42 PM
this should answer all you questions...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-mzkX71hg

I hope he starts today, I'm eager to see him play!

So a forward who can score with his head when given decent service....can't see how that would help us at all.:rolleyes:

cincy
08-23-2008, 02:10 PM
I Haven't seen this posted anywhere so, here it is

a few details:

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/08/a-closer-look-a.html#more

sorry if it's a re-post

kuku
08-23-2008, 02:55 PM
A source just told me:

Ruiz is still in Guatemala and appearently very unhappy about the trade. He won't be coming to Toronto. He will meet the team in LA next week but has asked that Toronto trade him. Look for Toronto to trade him after the Chivas game.

This absolutely sucks.

bangersandmash
08-23-2008, 03:05 PM
A source just told me:

Ruiz is still in Guatemala and appearently very unhappy about the trade. He won't be coming to Toronto. He will meet the team in LA next week but has asked that Toronto trade him. Look for Toronto to trade him after the Chivas game.

This absolutely sucks.

I can't verify this one way or the other, but it sure sounds familiar...

http://www.lasoccernews.com/teams/chivas2.php?article_id=1474

Smenge
08-23-2008, 03:36 PM
It is possible Carver told him he would not be playing with the club until he has practiced for a day or two...consequently, there is no hurry for him to be here today....this may all be Carver's doing......

ensco
08-23-2008, 03:41 PM
It is possible Carver told him he would not be playing with the club until he has practiced for a day or two...consequently, there is no hurry for him to be here today....this may all be Carver's doing......

Nope. I wish that were true.

Here's the quote from Carver in Morgan Campbell's piece in today's paper:

Ruiz, a 29-year-old with 82 goals in 150 MLS games, came to TFC in a mid-week trade with the L.A. Galaxy. Toronto gave up two picks in next year's supplemental draft and an undisclosed amount of cash.

He logged 90 minutes in Guatemala's 1-0 loss to the U.S. in World Cup qualifying Wednesday night, so Carver says he's fit, and hopes he's fresh after a long game and even longer trip.

"He'll definitely be in the 18 (man roster), and he still might even play," Carver said. "All I need to really do is check on how he's feeling."

bangersandmash
08-23-2008, 03:45 PM
I dunno. Paulo Nagamura started the trend of Latin American players high-tailing it away from Toronto. Ok, this whole post was just a chance to throw out some TFC trivia... ah, Paulo, we hardly knew ye.

Dub Narcotic
08-23-2008, 04:38 PM

I don't agree. Ruiz has a history of pulling shit with every team he's played on. He has a history of dirty play. Why are these things going to magically change now? Guevera had this same history, and he's already missed games that he wasn't supposed to and got a stupid red card in less than half a season. The odds of Ruiz doing stupid shit while with TFC are in the 90% range, if not higher, and to ignore it is naive.

denime
08-23-2008, 04:52 PM
QFT

now, can we get back to bitching please!!!

;)

Did you say bitching ?
Yeah why not

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=4899

:rolleyes:

S_D
08-23-2008, 04:52 PM
A source just told me:

This absolutely sucks.

Not surprising as this was mentioned by a Guatemalan supporter on BS. If this is true, the question now begs, who is going to take him off of TFC's hands? Irrespective of whether or not you respect the type of player he is I can't see any teams in the MLS willing to take him or they would have already as I am sure SOME team could have offered more than 2 supplemental picks for the guy.

Can he be sold off/loaned to a Guatemalan team like Guevara was sent to Honduras by Chivas? Someone here mentioned that he is viewed as a soccer god in Guat as he is one of the best the country has produced so I would imagine some team down there would want him.

Draracle
08-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Not surprising as this was mentioned by a Guatemalan supporter on BS. If this is true, the question now begs, who is going to take him off of TFC's hands? Irrespective of whether or not you respect the type of player he is I can't see any teams in the MLS willing to take him or they would have already as I am sure SOME team could have offered more than 2 supplemental picks for the guy.

Can he be sold off/loaned to a Guatemalan team like Guevara was sent to Honduras by Chivas? Someone here mentioned that he is viewed as a soccer god in Guat as he is one of the best the country has produced so I would imagine some team down there would want him.

New York. He is cheap, LA still holds the majority of his cost. This primadonas love NY & LA. And NY wants as many big names as possible, like LA.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-23-2008, 07:31 PM
arriving MONDAY!....Dobson mentioned guevara was on the phone with him today before tonights match giving him props on the city and its a great place to play!

Shakes McQueen
08-23-2008, 07:32 PM
arriving MONDAY!....Dobson mentioned guevara was on the phone with him today before tonights match giving him props on the city and its a great place to play!

If that's the case, where is kuku's information coming from?

- Scott

Corpand
08-23-2008, 08:38 PM
If that's the case, where is kuku's information coming from?

- Scott

From his ass?

I kid.

Shakes McQueen
08-23-2008, 08:40 PM
From his ass?

I kid.

:D

I wish our "inside sources" had some sort of reliability meter, so I knew who to believe.

Jeffro and Big Bruva both seem to be right all the time.

- Scott

Smenge
08-23-2008, 09:07 PM
The dope stands to earn half a million dollars to play nine games with TFC....he will be here on Monday.

dantdot
08-23-2008, 09:12 PM
The dope stands to earn half a million dollars to play nine games with TFC....he will be here on Monday.

Pretty sure he's only gonna make 120k and his contract is up at the end of the year.

Shakes McQueen
08-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Pretty sure he's only gonna make 120k and his contract is up at the end of the year.

That was my understanding too.

- Scott

S_D
08-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Hell 120K is nothing to sneeze at.

Since his trade value is fairly low right he'd be insane not to at least play out his contract and request a trade at the end of the season. Pot a few goals, still show he has it and then have the ability to go elsewhere or reup and play with TFC if he decides he likes it here.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Ives said hes joining TFC on Tuesday

nfitz
08-23-2008, 10:27 PM
If he refuses to play, perhaps Galaxy can give us Buddle back then.

JDG
08-24-2008, 01:08 AM
I spoke briefly with Guevara after the game, and I asked him if there was any truth to the rumor that Ruiz had already asked to be traded.
He told me that Ruiz was looking forward to playing in Toronto, and he would be arriving Sunday.

kuku
08-24-2008, 07:36 AM
"Ruiz is still in Guatemala and appearently very unhappy about the trade. He won't be coming to Toronto. He will meet the team in LA next week but has asked that Toronto trade him. Look for Toronto to trade him after the Chivas game"

I got that info from some of the guys at the sportsnet trailer's (gate 4) at around 2pm. They were saying that Carver & Mo were upset about this. According to Ives, he is going to report so that's great news. I'm sorry for posting that info earlier.

ensco
08-24-2008, 07:38 AM
From Morgan Campbell's story today:

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Soccer/article/484368

Amid Internet rumours that a disgruntled Ruiz planned not to report to Toronto, Carver said the Guatemalan striker and former league MVP made a quick trip to Los Angeles after a World Cup qualifier in Guatemala. He said Ruiz has already spoken to team management and wished the squad luck in last night's game.

Carver expects Ruiz to join his new team as soon as tomorrow.
Ruiz has scored 82 goals in 150 career MLS games, along with 39 more in international matches, and Carver says TFC could have used his scoring touch last night.

Trailing 1-0 in the 37th minute, Rohan Ricketts sent a cross in the New England box that a wide-open Kevin Harmse couldn't convert, and 11 minutes into the second half Chad Barrett headed a Ricketts pass over the crossbar.

Later, Ricketts had a chance to break the tie but drove the ball into the side of the net, and Jim Brennan did the same in the 90th minute.

Carver wouldn't criticize his players for not scoring more, but didn't hesitate to speculate on the result if Ruiz had arrived in time to play.

"You stick him up there with Chad (Barrett) and half those chances go in the back of the net," he said.

SilverSamurai
08-24-2008, 09:33 AM
I spoke briefly with Guevara after the game, and I asked him if there was any truth to the rumor that Ruiz had already asked to be traded.
He told me that Ruiz was looking forward to playing in Toronto, and he would be arriving Sunday.
I can back that up to.
I saw Guevara after the match waiting for the streetcar and he said the same thing.

RealG-TFC
08-24-2008, 09:37 AM
LOL I was going to ask if JDG spoke Spanish just to make sure he was sure.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Kukus record so far is unblemished (granted hes made one claim and he was right) so its not out of question that it had happened but maybe Ruiz got convinced otherwise.
We do know that Ruiz is difficult.

Nuvinho
08-24-2008, 09:47 AM
There is no reason why Ruiz would not want to play for Toronto FC. All these rumours I think are just people banking on Ruiz pulling the same thing he did in LA/Dallas. Reasons why Ruiz would want to play in Toronto.

1) Ruiz and Guevara are good friends, and Ruiz always wanted to play in Toronto
2) Ruiz gets a starting spot unlike in LA
3) MoJo loves Ruiz, and Ruiz knows he will be the centre of TFC's attack
4) THE FANS!!! Where else in the MLS would a player would be embraced by the fans. We saw what happened with Guevara.

ag futbol
08-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Not says those aren't logical, but there's a lot more to being happy relocating than what you've listed above. We realistically don't know what his connections to LA are in comparison to Toronto.

Municipal are reportedly interested in his services. Maybe a ticket home is what he's looking for rather than a stop in Toronto.

Detroit_TFC
08-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Ah, but can Ruiz and Carver work together?

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 01:05 PM
I bet they will, might be begrudging moments but i think guevara is going to be a big element in the taming of Carlos Ruiz, eventually he might even like us (and score regularly, GOD FUCKING WILLING)

LucaGol
08-24-2008, 01:40 PM
If Carlos Ruiz does show, Im not really too crazy about the fact that we are going to be playing with 2 strikers (Ruiz and Barrett) that have the same qualities....I just hope they aren't running into each other on the field.

With that being said, we got him for pretty much nothing...and if he recovers form and fitness...it could turn out to be a huge coup for us. If he doesn't, I guess he won't be back next season.

It's pretty low risk/high reward type scenario.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 01:42 PM
yeah totally.
Itd be nice if we had him for just a bit longer to get him a little bit more fit but hopefully he shows enough promise to justify resigning him

Nuvinho
08-24-2008, 01:45 PM
We will have him for next week's game, but then is out for the home game against Chivas.

Technorgasm
08-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Hes dirty?

Hes calssless?

put it in the net. . then we can talk and debate and qoif at his attitude and behavior. .

I hope he kicks the shins of our enemies.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Hes due at BMO on Monday?

boban
08-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Nope.
He's due at the NSS ;)

rocker
08-25-2008, 04:10 PM

tuesday now

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080825&content_id=183160&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Stouffville_RPB
08-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Don't worry I found him and got him to practice today.