PDA

View Full Version : Pierluigi's MLS Ref Training Camp! (not real)

Gobi
08-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Just a fantasy...

How can we get Collina (or any good referee, for that matter) to take a week out of his retirement to come over and put on a camp for MLS refs?

Letter writing campaign? Make a DVD compilation of egregious MLS calls, send it over with a proposal pleading for help?

Maybe I'm just being whiny, but I really feel the refereeing in our league could do with some international aid. :)

rocker
08-22-2008, 04:18 PM
i've thought about this as well... bring the guy over .. not even just for a camp, but sign him up for a whole year! he could do a game every other week, maybe be a consultant on weeks he's not reffing, watching over these other refs.

ochos
08-22-2008, 04:31 PM
kinda like the new Adidas commercials where kids from small countries write for help from the stars??

"dear Mr. Kaka, the level of football where I am from is not that high. Do you have any advice on how to improve my technique??"

:)

AL-MO
08-22-2008, 04:38 PM
I think alot of the problems lie at the national associations.

The CSA assigns the referees for TFC games. Also they have very little training for referees.

Its basically do a game, get assigned on it and find out what you could do better.

Bobo
08-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Collina is still quite involved with officiating in Europe.

flatpicker
honestly, I have thought this exact same thing since the beginning of last year!

it really doesn't seem too far fetched. A little extra cash for a recently retired ref from a top league.
Lord knows, the MLS needs the help!

AL-MO
Collina is still quite involved with officiating in Europe.

The lower levels of Italy no?

Bobo
08-22-2008, 04:43 PM
The lower levels of Italy no?

He's consultant for the referee *whatever you call it* in Italy. I think he's on board with UEFA too.

LucaGol
08-22-2008, 04:50 PM
He's actually still involved with refereeing in Serie A as a consultant...and actually does run training camps for officials in Italy.

AL-MO
08-22-2008, 04:55 PM
He's actually still involved with refereeing in Serie A as a consultant...and actually does run training camps for officials in Italy.

Would be great if we could have that here.

rocker
08-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Howard Webb from the EPL did that Superliga final recently...

Kickit09
08-22-2008, 05:19 PM
i love the collina action figure :lol:

http://www.megamerchandise.nl/VoetbalMerchandise/materiaal/afbeeldingen/sport/voetbal/referee/Referee%20-%20Pierluigi%20Collina%209%20Statue%20LE.bmp

Loyal
08-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Just think of all the "established" leagues in the world.
We get whatever is left over!

LucaGol
08-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Howard Webb from the EPL did that Superliga final recently...

And that was the most in-control, logical, rational, and calmest game I've ever seen 2 MLS teams play from a reffing standpoint.

SilverSamurai
08-22-2008, 07:55 PM
i love the collina action figure :lol:

http://www.megamerchandise.nl/VoetbalMerchandise/materiaal/afbeeldingen/sport/voetbal/referee/Referee%20-%20Pierluigi%20Collina%209%20Statue%20LE.bmp
Dude that is friggin freaky!

Seriously though, how does one get involved in being a ref?

Torcida
08-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Dude that is friggin freaky!

Seriously though, how does one get involved in being a ref?
Contact your local soccer club. You have to start from the bottom so you'll have to be a level 4 ref for at least a year, getting that will be piss easy, you'll probably have to attend a couple of classes or something.

Level 4 referees can only do house leauge and similar level leagues. To get to level 3 you have to take an exam and get at least 75% on it. To get to Level 2 you have to be recommended and then evaluated and then you have take another exam I think and so on.

Markham_RPB
08-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Contact your local soccer club. You have to start from the bottom so you'll have to be a level 4 ref for at least a year, getting that will be piss easy, you'll probably have to attend a couple of classes or something.

Level 4 referees can only do house leauge and similar level leagues. To get to level 3 you have to take an exam and get at least 75% on it. To get to Level 2 you have to be recommended and then evaluated and then you have take another exam I think and so on.

I am a referee and a Class 3 - Rep , and its very easy to get !

jloome
08-22-2008, 08:21 PM
And that was the most in-control, logical, rational, and calmest game I've ever seen 2 MLS teams play from a reffing standpoint.

And given that it was Howard Webb, that's truly fucking amazing. How bad IS the officiating here?