PDA

View Full Version : My video from the Can-Jam game

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Yes... I know it's not Toronto FC per say....

but the march was EPIC, the giant banner was EPIC,
the sunset was EPIC and the Food Building is well.... an EPIC artery clog.

just watch it.
It's 10 minutes that you're not working, so enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSQT1GAZf8

2rSQT1GAZf8

Steve
08-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Great video. Just one question that was bothering me at the game (which you can see at the beginning of the video). You know the "Hey Toronto! Lo lo lo lo lo (or oooeeoooeeoooeooo, whichever) chant that we adapted for Canada? Why were people still singing "lo lo lo lo lo". That doesn't rhyme with Canada. "La la la la la la la" works perfectly. Lo, Toronto, La, Canada.

MrHawk
08-22-2008, 09:30 AM
missed the march cause my bill wasn't settled at Shoeless on time :(

Looked like fun

Artur3575
08-22-2008, 09:32 AM
As always great Vid Parkdale!!

Flipityflu
08-22-2008, 09:34 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmm dead pig

blackandwhite
08-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Great video. Just one question that was bothering me at the game (which you can see at the beginning of the video). You know the "Hey Toronto! Lo lo lo lo lo (or oooeeoooeeoooeooo, whichever) chant that we adapted for Canada? Why were people still singing "lo lo lo lo lo". That doesn't rhyme with Canada. "La la la la la la la" works perfectly. Lo, Toronto, La, Canada.

how about the people who just walk? Sometimes you have to admit Barbarez is right :)

Steve
08-22-2008, 09:52 AM
how about the people who just walk? Sometimes you have to admit Barbarez is right :)

What? Barbaraz? Right? NEVER!

blackandwhite
08-22-2008, 09:54 AM
the bar is set sooooo low that even people just showing up to a game or a "march"
is considered an accomplishment.

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 10:02 AM
the bar is set sooooo low that even people just showing up to a game or a "march"

okay then. Next time I'll do the march while walking on my hands, with my feet on fire. Then I'll jump into a tank of alligators (painted red) and fly my hovercraft through a ring of fire.

H Bomb
08-22-2008, 10:03 AM

Gotta crawl before you walk, Wednesday was a huge accomplishment for Canadian football fans

Phil
08-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Nice song at the end Parky!

H Bomb
08-22-2008, 10:16 AM
typical response.. you keep crawling..people who don't see each other every weekend will run pass you.

We're all crawling, that should be obvious right now. You keep trying to do intricate things in a group that can't do basic things yet. I commend the attitude but it'll only leave disappointment. However if you help teach those who don't know then they will learn. But before you teach someone Beethoven, you must teach them what keys are what notes.

Flipityflu
08-22-2008, 10:22 AM
you know, the thing i have learned most from my year and a half of being apart of this forum is that no matter what happens, people will continually find something to bitch about. it makes me wonder if this is a supporters groups of mostly adults or a private school for rich spoiled children.

i am truly sick of this place and what it represents.

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 10:25 AM
We're all crawling, that should be obvious right now. You keep trying to do intricate things in a group that can't do basic things yet. I commend the attitude but it'll only leave disappointment. However if you help teach those who don't know then they will learn. But before you teach someone Beethoven, you must teach them what keys are what notes.

The group can't do basic things yet because people are afraid to take that jump. Asking people to join in with the march is fine, but why not push people to actually join in with more than walking? Imagine 20% more people had joined in clapping and singing, how much more EPIC it would have been.

You don't strive for success by accepting mediocrity.

blackandwhite
08-22-2008, 10:26 AM
you know, the thing i have learned most from my year and a half of being apart of this forum is that no matter what happens, people will continually find something to bitch about. it makes me wonder if this is a supporters groups of mostly adults or a private school for rich spoiled children.

If you can't handle criticism don't read the boards.. I am talking about people who are in the same groups and see each other at the same stadium or pubs almost every week...We should be able to walk/march in an organized manner better than this...We have over 1000 people in that march..we could have been louder.

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 10:27 AM

First off, it's a message board. Chill the fuck out.

Second off, message boards are used to voice opinions, positive or negative. Nobody will agree with everything, that's life.

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
If you can't handle criticism don't read the boards.. I am talking about people who are in the same groups and see each other at the same stadium or pubs almost every week...We should be able to walk/march in an organized manner better than this...We have over 1000 people in that march..we could have been louder.

It was louder at other points last year for TFC games with less than 1/3 the amount of people.

Rudi
08-22-2008, 10:30 AM
It's easy to criticize when you're not there...

blackandwhite
08-22-2008, 10:31 AM
another thing... people were in a rush to get to the stadium.

You walk BEHIND the banners...you don't run to pass them!

H Bomb
The group can't do basic things yet because people are afraid to take that jump. Asking people to join in with the march is fine, but why not push people to actually join in with more than walking? Imagine 20% more people had joined in clapping and singing, how much more EPIC it would have been.

You don't strive for success by accepting mediocrity.

I agree we need to strive to be better but it's being done poorly IMO. We aren't allowing the new people any comfort zone. We're telling them to "be good now"! and it's intimidating and won't work. Deniz said in the post after your that he's talking to people to people who see each other and are on the board but I largely disagree with this. I don't think many of those people are the ones not clapping/singing. It's the others who only occasionally check these things or hear about them through friends/colleagues. The people who have been doing this for a while have to take one step back before they can take two steps forward. Agreed we can't settle, but we can't expect miracles, and that's what's happening

Flipityflu
no, i'm tired of the needless bitching. i noticed that you challennging somebody to a fight in the stands dissapeared quickly.

boban
08-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Whose ass is that in the white pants at 2:45 into it?

blackandwhite
08-22-2008, 10:33 AM
no, i'm tired of the needless bitching. i noticed that you challennging somebody to a fight in the stands dissapeared quickly.

when did i say I wanted to "fight"?

alexintoronto
08-22-2008, 10:33 AM
The march wasn't perfect - for one I still don't understand why the V's decided to leave the Rhino at 6:15 - we were supposed to leave at 6:30 sharp - as per Rudi.

The march between Rhino and The Gate was way to spread out as a result but getting to the gate early turned out to be okay since we stopped at the corner singing and chanting. That was the best & loudest part of the march imo - the corner of King & Dufferin.

Ageroo
08-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I would have liked to be right at the front...but of course shoeless had a shitload of people...and it took forever to get my bill...I even did it early so I would get the march as it came by....it came a bit early and was caught off guard.....I was closer to back and middle...and the singing wasn't the greatest...but effort was there.....but it is getting better...

BUT I think if you were there because you wanted to be part of the march...you have to put the effort into it....just coming out to walk along and to say you were there IS NOT ENOUGH!

of course...just my opinion....

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 10:37 AM
I agree we need to strive to be better but it's being done poorly IMO. We aren't allowing the new people any comfort zone. We're telling them to "be good now"! and it's intimidating and won't work. Deniz said in the post after your that he's talking to people to people who see each other and are on the board but I largely disagree with this. I don't think many of those people are the ones not clapping/singing. It's the others who only occasionally check these things or hear about them through friends/colleagues. The people who have been doing this for a while have to take one step back before they can take two steps forward. Agreed we can't settle, but we can't expect miracles, and that's what's happening

He said he's talking about the regulars not to them. The people that are on the boards should and do know what the deal is. Yet, for some reason they still don't join in. They walk along, laughing, talking, enjoying the march but rarely join in on the songs and clapping.

We're not expecting miracles, if you can't learn a simple lesson in 2 years how do you expect to progress?

Who's challenging someone to a fight in the stands?

blackandwhite
08-22-2008, 10:37 AM
BUT I think if you were there because you wanted to be part of the march...you have to put the effort into it....just coming out to walk along and to say you were there IS NOT ENOUGH!

I could have said it this way too.. i just choose not to offend people

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 10:39 AM
That was the best & loudest part of the march imo - the corner of King & Dufferin.

Agreed, maybe it's just the RPB's that accept mediocrity then? ;)

Ok, maybe not all of them. :rofl:

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 10:40 AM

You could have said it that way, but certain people would have taken offense to it because you said it. :lol:

alexintoronto
08-22-2008, 10:42 AM

Maybe we can't walk and chant at the same time!

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Maybe we can't walk and chant at the same time!

It was good leading up to that corner too though. ;)

blackandwhite
08-22-2008, 10:45 AM
All I am saying is.. if this is the march ORGANIZED by the SUPPORTERS it has to look a lot better and louder than the random fans walking to the game.

You talk about learning to walk etc... If you keep telling yourself this march was EPIC then how are you expect to better yourself? Why try harder if this was EPIC?

Jack
08-22-2008, 10:47 AM
We could go for LEGENDARY next time...that's better than EPIC.

alexintoronto
It was good leading up to that corner too though. ;)

It was too spread out between the Rhino and the Gate. It was good where I was - singing the anthem, carrying the SSJ banner, waving flags, some Turkish guy yelling the whole time - but a lot of people left too early for the march to reach it's full potential. Can't blame that on the Shoeless crowd.

At the corner was great because we were all together - without anyone running off ahead. I haven't been in that many marches - but is there a reason to rush on ahead? Do people want to be at the front for pictures or something?

Shaughno
And if it's still the same, then what? ;)

H Bomb
08-22-2008, 10:48 AM
All I am saying is.. if this is the march ORGANIZED by the SUPPORTERS it has to look a lot better and louder than the random fans walking to the game.

You talk about learning to walk etc... If you keep telling yourself this march was EPIC then how are you expect to better yourself? Why try harder if this was EPIC?

Who's saying the march was epic (Edit: Parky did...and in size it was...i'll drop that) . All I'm trying to get across is that it won't get better through complaint. There are many positives to come out of it, but they're not brought up. Only the negatives. Let's use the positives and go forward, getting better every time

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 10:49 AM
It was too spread out between the Rhino and the Gate. It was good where I was - singing the anthem, carrying the SSJ banner, waving flags, some Turkish - but a lot of people left too early for the march to reach it's full potential. Can't blame that on the Shoeless crowd.

At the corner was great because we were all together - without anyone running off ahead. I haven't been in that many marches - but is there a reason to rush on ahead? Do people want to be at the front for pictures or something?

No, I agree. As for the running ahead, I honestly have no idea. Apparently taking pictures is more important than actually 'being' a supporter and joining in.

blackandwhite
08-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Who's saying the march was epic (Edit: Parky did...and in size it was...i'll leave that alone) . All I'm trying to get across is that it won't get better through complaint. There are many positives to come out of it, but they're not brought up. Only the negatives. Let's use the positives and go forward, getting better every time

You get better by not repeating your mistakes..

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Who's saying the march was epic (Edit: Parky did...and in size it was...i'll leave that alone) . All I'm trying to get across is that it won't get better through complaint. There are many positives to come out of it, but they're not brought up. Only the negatives. Let's use the positives and go forward, getting better every time

I completely disagree, if you don't discuss what's wrong with it, you'll repeat the same mistakes. ;)

Rudi
08-22-2008, 10:51 AM
It was too spread out between the Rhino and the Gate. It was good where I was - singing the anthem, carrying the SSJ banner, waving flags, some Turkish guy yelling randomly- but a lot of people left too early for the march to reach it's full potential. Can't blame that on the Shoeless crowd.
Yeah, The March started 15 minutes early. :(

Ageroo
08-22-2008, 10:52 AM

Don't mean to offend anyone.....CMNT is my team though...I take alot of pride in them....so the March was big in my opinion.....

alexintoronto
08-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah, The March started 15 minutes early. :(
The V's guy with the megaphone decided to get his crew going at 6:15 for some reason.

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 10:54 AM
I completely disagree, if you don't discuss what's wrong with it, you'll repeat the same mistakes. ;)

it's all in HOW it's brought up.

There's 'constructive criticism' and then there's the usual manner in which complaints are brought up in here.

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 10:56 AM

There's 'constructive criticism' and then there's the usual manner in which complaints are brought up in here.

Dismissing someone's opinion simply because you don't agree with their online rhetoric is hardly a good reason.

Jack

You tell me, Jay...

It says RPB Member under your name.

Do you accept mediocrity?

I don't.

The march was epic in size, but it needed a bit more organization. As we move forward and learn from this kind of thing, it will make the next one better. We need to organize the chants and keep up the energy level for the whole march. We need to have the drummers spread out and loud. We need to have the megaphones going.

There is more to do, but I still think it's a step in the right direction.

I also have no problem with people taking photos and filming the march for posterity.

blackandwhite

same excuse... Me yelling at the RPBs :)

all i gotta say is going back to the all star game.. Jack asking the RPBs to sit down nicely.. Noone listened. It's not the delivery it's the people taking the message!

alexintoronto
08-22-2008, 10:59 AM
I also have no problem with people taking photos and filming the march for posterity.

Pictures & Video are great! Definetely important - and when I mentioned pictures - I didn't mean they shouldn't be taken - I meant people in the march should have the march as their first priority - not getting on video or in pictures. I'm not calling anyone out - as I don't know if anyone actually did that - I'm just trying to figure out why people were running off ahead.

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Don't mean to offend anyone.....CMNT is my team though...I take alot of pride in them....so the March was big in my opinion.....

It was big, don't worry about offending people. That's the problem around here. Nobody wants to make someone upset.

Rudi
08-22-2008, 11:00 AM
The V's guy with the megaphone decided to get his crew going at 6:15 for some reason.
Oh I know. I had a talk with him during the March. Needless to say I wasn't pleased.

The March would have been a lot louder if it was more compact. It would have been more compact if we had stuck to the plan as I laid it out for all four groups. Instead, we had people scrambling at the Dufferin Gate and Shoeless Joe's to settle bills and join the March.

But whatever, it was still good. Not great, but good. We'll be better next time.

H Bomb
08-22-2008, 11:02 AM

exactly. And again, the positives are never brought up, only the negatives.

Jack wrapped everything up nicely. It was no where near perfect but there are positives to be taken away and negatives that we can identify and try to fix in the future. It's not hard to do these things without upsetting people...yet it always seems to happen. and it's never anyones fault

Ageroo
08-22-2008, 11:04 AM
same excuse... Me yelling at the RPBs :)

all i gotta say is going back to the all star game.. Jack asking the RPBs to sit down nicely.. Noone listened. It's not the delivery it's the people taking the message!

I never think you are yelling...maybe just a loud voice...:D

But your passion is always in the right frame of mind....execution to the masses seems to be the hard part...it is coming. Maybe not at the pace everyone likes....but we will get there.

Don't forget for alot of people this is really new (in a sense).....maybe you watched football on the TV tons of times and are the biggest fan....but for some...regularily attending games and showing your passion in public is still new.....

Let's not forget that this was probably the ONLY pro-Canada crowd ever at a game in Toronto. Let us hope this is the first in a long succession of home dominated crowds!

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 11:04 AM
You tell me, Jay...

It says RPB Member under your name.

Do you accept mediocrity?

I don't.

The march was epic in size, but it needed a bit more organization. As we move forward and learn from this kind of thing, it will make the next one better. We need to organize the chants and keep up the energy level for the whole march. We need to have the drummers spread out and loud. We need to have the megaphones going.

There is more to do, but I still think it's a step in the right direction.

You're right, I paid my $25. When was the last time I agreed with the majority of what the members have done or said though? ;)

I don't accept mediocrity. If I did I would be agreeing with half of the shit some of these people are saying. I'm posting because I care, because I don't just accept bullshit.

Like I said, if you're striving for success you can't accept mediocrity.

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 11:05 AM
exactly. And again, the positives are never brought up, only the negatives.

Positives... it was big.

Happy now? I didn't want to repeat what had already been stated. :rolleyes:

alexintoronto
08-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Positives... it was big.

Happy now? I didn't want to repeat what had already been stated. :rolleyes:
Are you guys talking about your date or the March?

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Are you guys talking about your date or the March?

Both, you jealous?

TFC 420
08-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Who had the flashlight in the stands?
Great idea for organizing the timing of the tifo.
BTW the tifo looked amazing on GolTV news last night

blackandwhite
08-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Who had the flashlight in the stands?
Great idea for organizing the timing of the tifo.
BTW the tifo looked amazing on GolTV news last night

you're welcome! :)

LucaGol
08-22-2008, 11:10 AM
2 words...holy...f*ck...

...that was crazy.

Rewind 8 years to Varsity with less than 5k ppl...4 of which we're probably cheering for the away team....the rest who could probably give a rats ass.

Make no mistake...win or lose...this was a huge day...HUGE.

And Parkdale is still my hero. The person who spearheaded the tifo is a close second.

mauser09
08-22-2008, 11:12 AM
It could have been better if the march started at the actual scheduled time. I ended up sprinting down King St. to try to catch up, and that was before 6:30 and I only caught up to the tail end of it. Oh well, it was still fun.

H Bomb
08-22-2008, 11:13 AM
It's funny how every Friday a happy Parkdale thread ends up with a mild/major argument about the state of support.

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 11:14 AM
It's funny how certain posts always get construed as negative.. even when they aren't. ;)

H Bomb
08-22-2008, 11:18 AM
each and every time....says a lot actually, about both sides

perhaps that none of us are learning from our mistakes

Jack
08-22-2008, 11:18 AM
It's the best way to get into the mood the day before the match...

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Says a lot about preconcieved opinions that's for sure. ;)

H Bomb
on...both...sides ;)

Shaughno

Heyo! Jack to the rescue. ;)

At least someone understands what's going on.

flatpicker
08-22-2008, 11:20 AM
thanks Parky...
and liked the public service announcement at the end.

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 11:23 AM
on...both...sides ;)

Ever think that if people stopped responding with such attitude that they would get less attitude in return?

Point in case...

I don't see this post being overly negative other than stating an opinion. Not aggressive at all.

Yet...

okay then. Next time I'll do the march while walking on my hands, with my feet on fire. Then I'll jump into a tank of alligators (painted red) and fly my hovercraft through a ring of fire.

Is the response it commands.

Coincidence? I think not. ;)

TFC 420
08-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Hey Parkdale,
Next time you see RR or anybody else of that stature during the march, ask them to do a short PSA

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 11:26 AM
you're welcome! :)

haha... You started too early.

alexintoronto
08-22-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm not on either side. I'm an independant thinker and like most people think it's kind of silly that there are 'sides'.

But in all honesty - don't you think we should make Parkdale do what he said he would for the next march?

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 11:28 AM
But in all honesty - don't you think we should make Parkdale do what he said he would for the next march?

if you can round up the alligators, I'll buy the fuel for my hovercraft.

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm not on either side. I'm an independant thinker and like most people think it's kind of silly that there are 'sides'.

Fuck yeah. Enjoy Sparky it'll be an interesting march! :canada:

Jack
08-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Heyo! Jack to the rescue. ;)

At least someone understands what's going on.

:D

Man, tomorrow we need to carry over some of the momentum from Wednesday...

112 was pretty damn good all the way up to the top.

if you can round up the alligators, I'll buy the fuel for my hovercraft.
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 11:31 AM

Man, tomorrow we need to carry over some of the momentum from Wednesday...

My hovercraft is full of eels.

It was pretty good in the second half, not great, but good. How about we demolish it and show how it's really done?

ps. my hovercraft is the RollsRoyce of hovercrafts. ;)

Jack
08-22-2008, 11:34 AM
It was pretty good in the second half, not great, but good. How about we demolish it and show how it's really done?

ps. my hovercraft is the RollsRoyce of hovercrafts. ;)

I'm ready for it.

Also:

I will not buy this record, it is scratched.

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Scratched or broken? ;)

Whoop
08-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Exactly I got to the Rhino to meet up with the V's - decided to park on Queen Street. Got to the Rhino at 6:25 p.m. and everyone was gone. Ended up walking pretty briskly to try and catch up. Ended up catching with the tail end of the group by Lamport.

I agree with Rudi, if the plan had been followed it would have been a lot better.

But Shaughno is also right. While it was big - good - it could still be better.

And you know what, even when it's better - it can still be even better.

As TFC supporters, we have to push ourselves to be better than DC and in the near future, Seattle and Philly because you know they'll bring it. We're not there yet - not by a long shot - but you have to give it time.

And for those who are CMNT supporters, TFC supporters who support the CMNT will continue to push CMNT supporters to be better.

You can always be louder, more colourful, than ever.

I mean one day wouldn't it be outstanding when people from other countries look at TFC/CMNT supporters as a model? I mean it's a pipe dream, but it's a dream nonetheless.

Phil
08-22-2008, 11:41 AM
I assume we are doing a march tomorrow?

Whoop
08-22-2008, 11:42 AM

I don't know why but...

:rofl:

Maple Leaf Red
08-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I mean one day wouldn't it be outstanding when people from other countries look at TFC/CMNT supporters as a model? I mean it's a pipe dream, but it's a dream nonetheless.

Why a pipe dream? I doubt other groups started their activities trying to be the best. They just constantly tried to improve how they showed their love for their team and it happened. It can happen here.

Whoop
08-22-2008, 11:46 AM
I think it can, but clubs from overseas have a pretty good headstart.

I think in the near future, being the best in the MLS is certainly doable.

And to those who already think we are, we're not even close yet.

Super
08-22-2008, 11:47 AM
It was fun to be in 111 for the Canada game and actually see 112 from the outside. It's the engine (and heart) that drives the atmosphere at BMO -- no doubt about that!

adamdz
08-22-2008, 11:47 AM
We must have had less "regulars" then we thought :/. The montreal march was smaller and louder. Still a great day as far as I am concerned, I don't like to focus on the negatives, but I do take note. Oh ya, gj Parkdale :P.

PS - hey Jack do you play WoW (Legendary > Epic :D)

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 11:51 AM
all these posts and not one comment on...

- the 'get the fuck out' chant?
- making Ricketts take off his Jamaica jacket?
- boobies
- smoked meat sammiches?

seems like many people only watched the first minute of the video.

Ageroo
08-22-2008, 11:53 AM

- boobies
- smoked meat sammiches?

I am trying to not be a pig........but :D and.....did you check behind the alley of the food building????

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 11:55 AM
I am trying to not be a pig........but :D and.....did you check behind the alley of the food building????

no rats. I checked.

Draracle
08-22-2008, 11:55 AM
nice video!! I was so pissed I didn't get into the march... had to watch it go by while my tardy friend was 15 minutes late. I would have cheered my heart out... :(

alexintoronto
08-22-2008, 11:56 AM

- boobies
- smoked meat sammiches?

:( I can't see it at all.

Put it on Daily Motion!

king dave
Another excellent piece of archival footage Parky.
How long do you think it would take you to edit down to a 2 hour vid. upon the 10th anniversary of TFC?
Or should I go to 'Ask Pardale'?
I'm thinking of the Twilight Zone episode where Burgess Meridith is the last man on earth, loves books to death and has the New York Central Public Library at his disposal and THEN he breaks his glasses!
KD.

adamdz

- boobies
- smoked meat sammiches?

I had no problem with any of those :D. i guess more boobies are always welcome if that can be a comment.

Parkdale
oh.... and if you check out the youtube channel, there's a special surprise!

Ageroo
08-22-2008, 11:59 AM
oh.... and if you check out the youtube channel, there's a special surprise!

are you taking about Angelo1405's comment....classic!

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 12:00 PM

nope. another video that just went up.

Rudi
08-22-2008, 12:02 PM
- boobies

No need for me to comment.

They were with me all night :D

Jack
08-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Nice Parky...My Town!!!! TFC Style.

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Yep. Starting out slow. I know how these Friday threads can unravel.

Ageroo
08-22-2008, 12:04 PM

That is awesome........nice!

Whoop
08-22-2008, 12:07 PM
As for the CMNT, I think we push to be at the level of the Mexicans.

That will take a huge effort.

Wednesday was a mere baby step in a long journey.

boban
08-22-2008, 12:07 PM

- boobies
- smoked meat sammiches?

Thats not true. I mean kinda at least.
I asked about the girl's ass at 2:45 into it and nobody replied. :noidea:

TFC 420
08-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Has anyone thought of making a RPB year in review video made from member footage? Maybe as a possible fundraiser/part of the funds raised go to charity.
I would defitately buy one.
Just something to think about.

NateDoGG
08-22-2008, 12:28 PM
good vid
anyone have high res photos of the banner over everyones head?

FluSH
08-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Yes... I know it's not Toronto FC per say....

but the march was EPIC, the giant banner was EPIC,
the sunset was EPIC and the Food Building is well.... an EPIC artery clog.

just watch it.
It's 10 minutes that you're not working, so enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSQT1GAZf8

2rSQT1GAZf8

You left out the WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS fromt he Jamaica chant... I was lookign forward to showing Kamie how it sounded LOL

H Bomb
08-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Ever think that if people stopped responding with such attitude that they would get less attitude in return?

I don't see this post being overly negative other than stating an opinion. Not aggressive at all.

Yet...

;)

Not trying to disturb shit here, so lets not think I am. But at the same time you need to see that we are also just trying to get the best support. I say you have to crawl before you walk and get a mildly aggressive post back...where was I being aggressive or even assuming someone else was? We're both trying to do the exact same thing...so lets learn from our mistakes.....on both sides.

Sorry bout the delay...long tastey lunch

H Bomb
08-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Hahaha, great stuff on the My Town Parky. Had to get a sailboat in there didn't ya

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Had to get a sailboat in there didn't ya

yaargh.

AL-MO
08-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Has anyone thought of making a RPB year in review video made from member footage? Maybe as a possible fundraiser/part of the funds raised go to charity.
I would defitately buy one.
Just something to think about.

I am retty sure Parkdale will have something for us ;)

TFC Cityboy
08-22-2008, 01:28 PM
glad I stuck around for the credits- kudos, Mike!

Wagner
08-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Big Ups to King Dave.
I liked that chant.
it should have caught on better.

NoNameboys
08-22-2008, 01:40 PM
i noticed that you challennging somebody to a fight in the stands dissapeared quickly.

Mind your own business. Don't start shit you can't finish.

JonO
08-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Awesome dude!! Any chance at a higher res copy??

JonO
08-22-2008, 01:44 PM
For those of you who made it to the end of the 10 minute video - that sandwich kicked my ass... literally

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Awesome dude!! Any chance at a higher res copy??

here's a hack - add "&fmt=6" to the end of any yourtube video for a higher quality playback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSQT1GAZf8&fmt=6

The Kingpin
08-22-2008, 02:15 PM
How "My Town" is not sung before each game is far beyond me... This should be a mandatory training element for all RPB's before the can joint the group. That was awesome!!

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 02:21 PM
How "My Town" is not sung before each game is far beyond me... This should be a mandatory training element for all RPB's before the can joint the group. That was awesome!!

and not just for the RPB's - I hope everyone can get behind it.

MrHawk
08-22-2008, 02:23 PM
here's a hack - add "&fmt=6" to the end of any yourtube video for a higher quality playback

Doesn't that only work for videos that have the "Watch in high quality" option?

The Kingpin
08-22-2008, 02:23 PM
and not just for the RPB's - I hope everyone can get behind it.

Fair enough... This is fantastic, that's all I have to say...

kitchener-TFC
08-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Nice video Parkdale

rocker
08-22-2008, 02:30 PM
nice surprise there.. i wondered what was gonna happen with that song.. the project seemed to have died last year. good to see it was happening behind the scenes!

Jack
08-22-2008, 02:31 PM

I like how you slipped the new version of My Town into the end of the Canada vs. Jamaica vid..:cool:

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 02:39 PM
I like how you slipped the new version of My Town into the end of the Canada vs. Jamaica vid..:cool:

something about two birds...

Whoop
08-22-2008, 02:57 PM

Yeah, but don't you know, you can't force people to sing. :rolleyes: They want to do their own thing, man.

Personally, I think it would be pretty good. But that's just me.

FluSH
08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
OK...

I'm going to come out and say it...

I can't stand MY TOWN

I hate it! YEs I've said it.... man that was a big ROCK off my chest! Anyhow, if everyone is singing it I'll join in but it's not my cup of coffee.

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Anyhow, if everyone is singing it I'll join in...

that's the spirit!

Whoop
08-22-2008, 03:04 PM
OK...

I can't stand MY TOWN

I hate it! YEs I've said it.... man that was a big ROCK off my chest! Anyhow, if everyone is singing it I'll join in but it's not my cup of coffee.

Come on FluSH be a sheep! BAAAAAA!

Shaughno
08-22-2008, 03:08 PM
that's the spirit!

If only people would do that during games for other chants instead of only singing 'the bounce'.

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 03:12 PM
If only people would do that during games for other chants instead of only singing 'the bounce'.

funny... I didn't hear that once in the last game, and there was plenty of singing.

yes, I know it was a Canada game

The Kingpin
08-22-2008, 03:26 PM
OK...

I can't stand MY TOWN

Why? And the fact it was altered for the supporters makes for quite a bit of lore... Thank about it. It's original... Not another chant copped from another team or league. It would be uniquely TFC...

TFC4ever
08-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Back on topic, great vid Parkdale. Seriously...I can't say enough about how good it is that you do this; there were multiple times throughout the day when I wanted to capture stuff on video, then I'd just remind myself that you'd end up capturing the highlights of the night on video anyway, so I didn't worry too much about it. Solid stuff.

canadian_bhoy
08-22-2008, 03:56 PM
OK...

I can't stand MY TOWN

I guarentee that your perception will change.

ps. Am I the only one who got a little welled When Dichio is running over to 127 after scoring - then the shots of Toronto.

pss. how awesome is the entire dichio goal/celebration against NE? what a moment!

rocker
08-22-2008, 04:28 PM
they should play the new My Town + Legend TFC + Are you Red before or even after games as we go out...

tfc2007
08-22-2008, 05:11 PM
good video.
great message at the end.

Whoop
08-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Damn you Sparky!

Just watched the video again and now I'm hankering for a smoked meat sandwich!

FluSH
08-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Why? And the fact it was altered for the supporters makes for quite a bit of lore... Thank about it. It's original... Not another chant copped from another team or league. It would be uniquely TFC...

I think I just caught your very first grammar mistake!!! :D

Kayed
08-22-2008, 05:26 PM
So who would like to grant me tickets for tomorrow?

Cambridge_Red
08-22-2008, 05:28 PM
It was too spread out between the Rhino and the Gate. It was good where I was - singing the anthem, carrying the SSJ banner, waving flags, some Turkish guy yelling the whole time - but a lot of people left too early for the march to reach it's full potential. Can't blame that on the Shoeless crowd.

There was alot of different supporters groups at the Rhino, and nobody was really co-operating *cough* V'S.

Mrs. Workie
08-22-2008, 05:55 PM

Which just goes to show you what potential we do have, if we get the right people into the section.

There was one point last night where 127, 104, and a few sections in the south end were all doing the same chant. Almost brought a tear to my eye :D

Mrs. Workie
08-22-2008, 05:56 PM

How was 112 as a whole? I was down in row 6, so I couldn't tell how the rest of the section was doing, however turning around and seeing participation all the way up was a nice sight.

Mrs. Workie
08-22-2008, 06:02 PM
ps. Am I the only one who got a little welled When Dichio is running over to 127 after scoring - then the shots of Toronto.

Yes, fuckin' pansy ;)

And I'd like to comment on the match, but I wasn't there, so I can't. Looks like we had the numbers, and by the sounds of things, we need to work on it. So let's start Sautrday.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-22-2008, 06:02 PM
I dunno, I absolutely luuurrve My Town... To each his/her own, though. Someone has to send a CD with the song on it to the BMO Field people.

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Someone has to send a CD with the song on it to the BMO Field people.

I'm sure someone has taken care of that.

The big questions is..... do they like it?

mlsintoronto?

TheHollister
08-22-2008, 06:30 PM
In typical me-fashion, I was freaking out about being late for the march. But the post said 6:40, so when I arrived at Shoeless at 6:30 I figured I had plenty of time. Fast forward to 6:50, and I was standing there wondering what the hell was going on until I was informed that I missed it. Aw maaaan. I had my voice all prepared too! :(

Nice video, Parky!
... I'm now craving Montreal-smoked meat. I think I'll have to get some tomorrow before the game. :D

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 06:42 PM
... I'm now craving Montreal-smoked meat. I think I'll have to get some tomorrow before the game. :D

Once last year, I ran to get one at the half, then snuck it back into BMO,
ad ended up brining friends back after the match because they saw how good it was.

Jimmy The Saint... I see you out there!

Whoop
08-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Damn you!

Corcai
08-22-2008, 06:55 PM
How was 112 as a whole? I was down in row 6, so I couldn't tell how the rest of the section was doing, however turning around and seeing participation all the way up was a nice sight.

I was in row 13. It was spectacular, we had the Rooney's right above us and I must say even though I am not always lucky enough to be in 112, this was the best, most coordinated time yet.

Except for, you know, the wasted beer in the 85th minute.

Beyond words for my first CMNT match attended.

JamboAl
08-22-2008, 07:21 PM
There was alot of different supporters groups at the Rhino, and nobody was really co-operating *cough* V'S.

My understanding was that we were supposed to leave the Rhino at 6:30 as well; but took off just after 6:15. Not sure why but remember, a lot of the Vs (myself included) hadn't done this before and we should have followed Rudi's instructions better.

Like it was pointed out earlier, it'll be better next time guaranteed.

Parkdale
08-22-2008, 07:30 PM
My understanding was that we were supposed to leave the Rhino at 6:30 as well; but took off just after 6:15. Not sure why but remember, a lot of the Vs (myself included) hadn't done this before and we should have followed Rudi's instructions better.

Like it was pointed out earlier, it'll be better next time guaranteed.

To make the march work, a 'bar wrangler' is important to have.
I do it at Shoeless, and make announcements at 15, 10 and 5 minute intervals
prior to our mass departure. We always end up leaving about 30 people in the bar,
but if the majority knows to settle their tab and get walking, then we're good.

SilverSamurai
08-22-2008, 07:48 PM

I was in 112 up in the 18th row by the railing.
The 1st half started off as a morgue. Pretty much NO ONE around me was even trying to chant except for the little girls yelling "Jamaica!" over and over again...
Then once Razcle showed up, things started to get better, but he left at half time to go join his gf.
But once JDG scored people started to chant and atleast clap. Things really picked up.

I do admit that being on the corner by the railing might've made it harder to hear.

Biggest problem Razcle and I had was that we couldn't hear the chants. While whoever had the megaphone was trying to get the rest of 112 into it, we couldn't hear so we had to wait a bit before we could join in.

Anyways my 2 cents but I'm glad I finally got to see 112, but the lack of a roof is apparent. Still overall I hope this is the start of the tide turning in favour of Canadian footy supporters. I hope to be able to look back and remember that this was the day the tide turned.

Angelo1405
08-22-2008, 08:02 PM

Angelo1405, thats me !!! awesome...in case no one knew, Angelo1405 is me, hence the name Angelo in....both....names....ok ill leave.

someone deleted it :(

kitchener-TFC
08-22-2008, 11:53 PM
The 1st half started off as a morgue. Pretty much NO ONE around me was even trying to chant except for the little girls yelling "Jamaica!" over and over again...

Those little girls were also behind me :mad:!

The Oz
08-23-2008, 12:05 AM
I GOT INTO A PARKDALE VIDEO WHOOOOOO! (great vid!)

Ageroo
08-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I GOT INTO A PARKDALE VIDEO WHOOOOOO! (great vid!)

I made my debut pointing out a rat.......not one of my finer moments!

Mrs. Workie
08-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Then once Razcle showed up, things started to get better, but he left at half time to go join his gf.
But once JDG scored people started to chant and atleast clap. Things really picked up.

I do admit that being on the corner by the railing might've made it harder to hear.

Biggest problem Razcle and I had was that we couldn't hear the chants. While whoever had the megaphone was trying to get the rest of 112 into it, we couldn't hear so we had to wait a bit before we could join in.

Anyways my 2 cents but I'm glad I finally got to see 112, but the lack of a roof is apparent. Still overall I hope this is the start of the tide turning in favour of Canadian footy supporters. I hope to be able to look back and remember that this was the day the tide turned.

That's what it's like every TFC game- but worse. I don't think a roof is the answer, but a capo- someone pointed AT the section with the megaphone, so everyone can hear.