PDA

View Full Version : Looking for TFC fans

Jonas
08-22-2008, 04:38 AM
Hi there,

My name is Jonas Schwartz and I´m a Danish journalist working for the production company Bastard Film, located in Copenhagen, Denmark.

We are making the web-tv site, www.partofthegame.tv, where we show how the passion for football is lived throughout the world.

We are planning to travel to Toronto in mod October, where we want to capture the passion and love the city has for this beautiful game.

Therefore we would like to get in contact with some fans of Toronto FC to talk to them about their love for the club etc.

We also know that there are a lot of immigrants from all over the world in Toronto and we would also like to meet some of them. Hear want they have to say about Canadian football compared to the football played in the country where they have may have connections.

If you also know about a local league in Toronto, where teams formed by immigrants participate, we would love to attend that.

Take care and I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Best regards,

Jonas Schwartz.
jos@partofthegame.tv
Bastard Film

The Kingpin
08-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Hi there,

My name is Jonas Schwartz and I´m a Danish journalist working for the production company Bastard Film, located in Copenhagen, Denmark.

We are making the web-tv site, www.partofthegame.tv, where we show how the passion for football is lived throughout the world.

We are planning to travel to Toronto in mod October, where we want to capture the passion and love the city has for this beautiful game.

Therefore we would like to get in contact with some fans of Toronto FC to talk to them about their love for the club etc.

We also know that there are a lot of immigrants from all over the world in Toronto and we would also like to meet some of them. Hear want they have to say about Canadian football compared to the football played in the country where they have may have connections.

If you also know about a local league in Toronto, where teams formed by immigrants participate, we would love to attend that.

Take care and I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Best regards,

Jonas Schwartz.
jos@partofthegame.tv
Bastard Film

Hi Jonas,

My name is Patrick and have been a member of the Red Patch Boys basically since its inception. I was involved quite deeply with the club prior to me moving to York in the UK last year. I suggest you speak to a few people that will guide you through your process. Jack DePoe (Bilingual and has lived in Central America) is the President of the group and is always ready to provide you with the information you need. Mike Dubrick is the former President and co-founder of the group, and has also lived in Scotland. Mike and Myself (With the new host being Alex) were also hosts of Red Patch Live! a weekly podcast. Mike is a fountain of info.

You can PM them by their 'handles': Jack is simply "Jack" and Mike is "Canadian_Bhoy". If you contact them they will steer you in the right direction.

Cheers! And good luck!
Patrick or "The Kingpin"

Jonas
08-22-2008, 05:41 AM
Cheers, Patrick.

Thanks for your help. I´ve already mailed Jack and I´ll contact Mike later. Hopefully we can arrange something.

Take care mate
Jonas.

dannyd
08-22-2008, 11:34 AM
if you want stories about immigrants you should visit a place called Oshawa and tell people that you want to interview immigrants because you're interested in them. Trust me, this is your best bet. Tell them that you love foreign things like soccer and foreign cars. They'll love you.

TFC Cityboy
08-22-2008, 12:23 PM
^^sounds like you should be working for Bastard Films, mate. :)

Torcida
08-22-2008, 01:05 PM
if you want stories about immigrants you should visit a place called Oshawa and tell people that you want to interview immigrants because you're interested in them. Trust me, this is your best bet. Tell them that you love foreign things like soccer and foreign cars. They'll love you.
LOL, "Foreign cars"

Super
08-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Hehe, very cool. I'm a Danish immigrant, so I can certainly appreciate the fact that there is a Danish background to this production. Well done!

H Bomb
08-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Just tell him that he can't use pictures of Mohammad!!!

Super
08-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Just tell him that he can't use pictures of Mohammad!!!

Yeah, we don't need more of this:

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/images/gazaprotest_hmed_1030aingsphmedium.jpg

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Hey there,

There is a league in Canada called the CSL (Canadian Soccer League) in which there are a number of teams based on ethnic backgrounds, two examples being Toronto Croatia and Italia. I'm not sure where these teams play, but I'm sure someone else could help you out with that...

David

Cashcleaner
08-22-2008, 09:27 PM

Its funny 'cause its true. :D