PDA

View Full Version : starting strikers?

nimamalek
08-21-2008, 03:55 PM
for once we have options up front, so who would you start on Saturday if everyone is healthy and rested?

Smenge
08-21-2008, 04:05 PM
ruiz and barrett to start. Ibrahim needs to be sent to the developmental/reserves to get more work...he is simply too young.

jloome
08-21-2008, 04:05 PM
If Dichio's healthy, I can't see why Barrett would start ahead of him; his strike ratio is excellent and he'll play well with a cagy guy like Ruiz.

mclaren
08-21-2008, 04:07 PM
I'd play Barrett and Ruiz with Dichio coming off the bench in the second half to give us a different option.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-21-2008, 04:10 PM
ruiz and barrett to start. Ibrahim needs to be sent to the developmental/reserves to get more work...he is simply too young.

yep thats pretty much it, dont see dichio being healthy enough yet.
also for some reason see Dichio being more effective off hte bench, and i totally love the dude, dont get me wrong

poppamidnight
08-21-2008, 04:11 PM
I've said it elswhere,
but Danny Dichio needs to be shut down for the MANDITORY 7-10 days of being symptom free...

While he was not diagnosed with another concussion last game, EVEN A BLIND MAN could see that he way dazed (rubbing your head + eyes are something a Dazed man does)....
...last time being dazed is a SYMPTOM of concussion....

Dont take shortcuts TFC medical staff...
...you could be jepordizing this guys career...

Danny's health should take top priority... Give him the 7-10 days to be sure

EDIT: Ibbe is best off bench, an excellent sub for Chad + Ruiz

Red Skies At Night
08-21-2008, 04:38 PM
ruiz / barrett w/ dichio off the bench... for now, but now we have some competition for places so hopefully this will lead to an increase in performance from them... hopefully?

Lucky Strike
08-21-2008, 04:41 PM
yep thats pretty much it, dont see dichio being healthy enough yet.

Well yes it's a good answer, but the question was: if everyone is "healthy and rested". If that's true, then it's Ruiz and Dichio who ought to start.

nimamalek
08-21-2008, 04:45 PM
i would put Ruiz/Barrett,only because Dichio isnt getting any younger and half games might help him avoid future injuries. And he seems to have an eye for the dramatic, i'd like to see a rested Dichio coming in with 30 mins left to get us some points

Damien
08-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Unless Ruiz ends up blowing the big one you can't say we have a striker problem through the end of the season. We just need the midfield to come through and deliver now.

Oh, and rock solid D.

bangersandmash
08-21-2008, 05:06 PM
I agree with poppamidnight, DD should be given time. But I've spent the last day daydreaming about Dichio knocking down balls from Guevara, turning and flipping them off into the path of a perfectly timed run by Ruiz. I really hope they click together

poppamidnight
08-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I agree with poppamidnight, DD should be given time. But I've spent the last day daydreaming about Dichio knocking down balls from Guevara, turning and flipping them off into the path of a perfectly timed run by Ruiz. I really hope they click together

Dont let your daydream interfere with whats right...

Danny technically shouldhve been brought down to ground zero after he showed us all that he experienced SYMPTOMS of concussion when he got the elbow (rubbing his eyes, grimmacing...cleary dazed),

so ground zero from concussion means you have to wait and have the 7-10 days of being SYPTOM FREE before having physical activity

...whats scary is apparently he was practicing today...

...so toronto fc just broke the groundbreaking NHL/NFL concussion research over the past 5 years that we all have now taken to be common knowledge (no physical activity until 7-10 days of symptom free)...

...Lawsuit if danny's career is ended???
...Players Union disagreement???

...Probably not, but the TFC doc's should definatly have their job titles re-evaluated for this

Only possible explanations:
-They took Danny to a walk-in clinic rather than to an expert
or
-Mo drove him to the doctors, heard the results, went into a scottish rapage disputing the prognosis, and the doc was scared for his life and said "okay okay he can practice, just put the popsicle stick down"

canadaneedsmusic
08-21-2008, 05:17 PM
I think Ruiz and Dichio, Barrett off the bench. Dichio can score, plain and simple, but he's not fast. Barrett isn't the fastest either but could run at some tired legs on defence. That said, I've heard Ruiz isn't in the best shape right now. Maybe Dichio and Barrett, and Ruiz off the bench.

bangersandmash
08-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Poppa: totally agree, but Danny's a big boy with *nothing* to lose. If he didn't want to be on that pitch or if he didn't feel that being there was the right thing to do, I'm sure he wouldn't have been there. I can wait to see him again. DD is not the difference between winning and losing on Saturday.

Draracle
08-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Tough one. Ruiz for sure -- as much as we all hate him, he has a pretty stellar history, and he is in his prime years. Dichio has to be 100% or he will lack in skill and could cost us an early sub. But if he is 100%, his great ball distro skill combined with Ruiz's pure striker nature could mean goals-a-plenty.

Barrett if Dichio needs some time. I don't think Barrett would directly compliment Ruiz as much as Dichio, and both Ruiz and Barrett are new to the team. But Barrett would give the MF's a second option and prevent the defence from paying to much attention to Ruiz. It is only a matter of time before one of Barrett's long shots hits the target.

jloome
08-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Although I'd like it to be Dichio/Ruiz, I suspect they'll have an eye to a long-term Ruiz-Barrett partnership, with Barrett being more the provider than scorer.

poppamidnight
08-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Poppa: totally agree, but Danny's a big boy with *nothing* to lose. If he didn't want to be on that pitch or if he didn't feel that being there was the right thing to do, I'm sure he wouldn't have been there. I can wait to see him again. DD is not the difference between winning and losing on Saturday.

Ohh no it's not that....

How many countless situations have there been where a player BELIEVES in their head they are 100%, so neglect doctors orders or whatever, only to re-injure themselves....

It has nothing to do with what dichio phsychologically feels,

It's what doctors and experts in the field (of concussions) have agreed on:

a minumum number of days in a row of being SYMPTOM FREE,

and from everything we have been told from experts (NHL + NFL big money research), TFC is breaking the concussion rules....

as a matter of fact, hockey canada now requires one bench-coach from ALL minor hockey leage teams to be educated in certain 1st aid proceedures,

and i know for a fact (the old man took it) that concussion stuff IS IN THAT TRAINING, and it requires something over a week of being concussion free....

...there was even a case where our top D man showed up for a game 1 week after getting a concussion, and already had em laced up, and we had to send him home before the game cuz he didnt meet the minimum # of days of symptom free (even though he looked and said he felt fine)....

....so yes, in this case, i trust hockey canada + the research provided to them by the NHL, more than i trust TFC medical staff on this one....

look at the budgets on research, nhl takes a (not-so) slight edge

PS - Any hockey coaches or trainers in here with that training that can tell us the exact minimum number of days needed to be symptom free????

T_Mizz
08-21-2008, 09:58 PM
I for one hope that Ibee can start doing well soon but not too well as Europe will snatch him up when he turns 18 next year.

Don Julio
08-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Ohh no it's not that....

How many countless situations have there been where a player BELIEVES in their head they are 100%, so neglect doctors orders or whatever, only to re-injure themselves....

It has nothing to do with what dichio phsychologically feels,

It's what doctors and experts in the field (of concussions) have agreed on:

a minumum number of days in a row of being SYMPTOM FREE,

and from everything we have been told from experts (NHL + NFL big money research), TFC is breaking the concussion rules....

as a matter of fact, hockey canada now requires one bench-coach from ALL minor hockey leage teams to be educated in certain 1st aid proceedures,

and i know for a fact (the old man took it) that concussion stuff IS IN THAT TRAINING, and it requires something over a week of being concussion free....

...there was even a case where our top D man showed up for a game 1 week after getting a concussion, and already had em laced up, and we had to send him home before the game cuz he didnt meet the minimum # of days of symptom free (even though he looked and said he felt fine)....

....so yes, in this case, i trust hockey canada + the research provided to them by the NHL, more than i trust TFC medical staff on this one....

look at the budgets on research, nhl takes a (not-so) slight edge

PS - Any hockey coaches or trainers in here with that training that can tell us the exact minimum number of days needed to be symptom free????

Wow. Settle down, Mrs. Lindros. I tend to agree with you that another week might be a good idea as a precaution, but you have no actual knowledge of the situation or when the last time he had symptoms. I'm glad you believe that you think you can base your educated medical opinion on seeing the look on a guys face after getting an elbow to it on a shitty television feed hundreds of miles away.

You're making a lot of assumptions.

It would be extraordinary for medical staff to let players take a risk like you're speaking of, especially for a regular season game that really doesn't count for much. They would be risking legal action and their medical licenses.

Technorgasm
08-21-2008, 10:09 PM
start SHAUGHNO!

dannyd
08-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Off-topic, but fucking Ruiz and El Lobo are gonna tear up the league. I have a feeling they're gonna love playing on the same team together...

sidvan
08-22-2008, 02:40 PM
If everyone is healthy...then its Ruiz and Dichio

Barrett can still play attacking mid

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-22-2008, 02:41 PM
I'd rather Dichio not risk an injury, bring him in as a second half sub for Barrett in my opinion.

giambac
08-22-2008, 03:41 PM
for once we have options up front, so who would you start on Saturday if everyone is healthy and rested?

I'd put 5 forwards up front. Maybe then we may score a goal.:cool:

giambac
08-22-2008, 03:53 PM
I'd rather Dichio not risk an injury, bring him in as a second half sub for Barrett in my opinion.

What are you talking about Dichio never gets injured.....:rolleyes:

Smenge
08-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Against New England Carver needs to stuff horseshoes up every players ass to have a chance. That team is hungry after the embarrassment against San Jose.

v00d00daddy
08-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Looks like it may be Ibbe and Barrett. Dichio still hurt but may get some time. Ruiz isn't here yet.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-22-2008, 04:49 PM
If everyone is healthy...then its Ruiz and Dichio

Barrett can still play attacking mid

Why?
We have a healthy Guevara, that naturally plays that position

ManUtd4ever
08-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Off-topic, but fucking Ruiz and El Lobo are gonna tear up the league. I have a feeling they're gonna love playing on the same team together...

At the very least, they should definitely be more cohesive on the pitch than Guevara and Robert were...

egoodwin
08-22-2008, 05:05 PM
i'm looking forward to this

considering Dichio may not be 100% still...

-----Ruiz----Barrett---
-------Guevara--------
Smith-Robinson-Ricketts

joel
08-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Ruiz will start if he arrives in time and JC talks to him. He said it in the Pre-Game video

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Yup, seen that. Having Ruiz in would be a huge boost, I hope he's here soon and he's fit.