PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Ruiz...

profit89
08-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Is proudly wearing the armband of the Guatemalan nationals as they go thru the anthems of USA v Guatemala

TFC USA
08-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Carlos Ruiz is off to a terrible start, plenty of fouling, he elbowed a US player and has lost possession several times.

cacique4
08-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Carlos Ruiz is the best player Guatemala has ever produced....he has scored many goals for his country...i like him...

TFC07
08-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Can someone post USA game link?

Thanks in advance.

cacique4
08-20-2008, 10:23 PM
http://www.rojadirecta.com/canal/psn_3-justintv-1.htm feed from espn2....and yes it looks dark on my tv also..its like they are playing in the dark....

kdzb
08-20-2008, 10:42 PM
If Carlos plays for TFC like he is playing for his country, he is going to be lethal for us.
By the way, is Guevara, Robinson, Carlos are going to be ready for Saturday? They are all involved with their national teams today.

Shakes McQueen
08-20-2008, 10:58 PM
If Carlos plays for TFC like he is playing for his country, he is going to be lethal for us.
By the way, is Guevara, Robinson, Carlos are going to be ready for Saturday? They are all involved with their national teams today.

If they are playing tonight, I see no reason why they wouldn't be ready to go for Sunday.

- Scott

arbogast
08-20-2008, 11:08 PM
fuck him.
he just kicked Tim Howard in the head after he saved is shot.
he's a classless bitch.

Global_Warning
08-20-2008, 11:09 PM
He's our classless bitch now.

Shakes McQueen
08-20-2008, 11:24 PM
The comments on Ives' USA vs. Guatemala match commentary, is the most annoying slog I've ever read.

Just a bunch of people shouting borderline racist epithets about the "dirty" Guatemalans, and there were even a few idiots writing "U-S-A! U-S-A!" after the game was over.

I didn't see the match, but I heard it was downright filthy, and poorly lit. Can anyone confirm?

- Scott

Dub Narcotic
08-20-2008, 11:29 PM
There's a thread in the international section about this game. The Guatemalans were dirty as hell including a brutal red card challenge on Eddie Lewis. Ruiz was up and down.

Shakes McQueen
08-20-2008, 11:32 PM
There's a thread in the international section about this game. The Guatemalans were dirty as hell including a brutal red card challenge on Eddie Lewis. Ruiz was up and down.

I heard one of the Americans got carded and sent off too though?

- Scott

arbogast
08-20-2008, 11:51 PM

yeah...sigh...i'm not happy about that.

S_D
08-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Yes it was 10 v 10, and I think that is when the American's scored. I was watching the game on JustinTV saw the red card and there was some serious lag so I refreshed and it was 1-0 U.S. I got so sick of the flopping that I turned it off shortly after that.

Well I let my feelings known in another thread about what I thought of Ruiz so I won't include it here lol.

He wasn't really a factor in the game. Their left winger (can't remember his name) caused most of the problems for the U.S.

Man was there a lot of flopping in the game, and it was really dirty. Glad we aren't in their group because there is some serious potential for injury. I was suprised that Lewis got up after that tackle. Made that tackle on De Guzman in the gold cup vs. the U.S. child's play. I am sure it will be on youtube by tomorrow.

Funniest flop happened when Dempsey tapped a guy in the stomache and he went down like he had been shot.

kdzb
08-21-2008, 10:04 AM
fuck him.
he's a classless bitch.

I was sure somebody will bring that as a mean of attacking the guy.
I was watching the game on TV like everybody and BELIEVE ME he didn't touch him in the head.
He puled his foot as soon as he realized that he will not reach the ball and in the heat of the moment they were so close to each other and Howard took advantage of the situation to pull his acting skills.
Of course the US commentators didn't give Ruiz the benefit of the doubt and they started screaming murder.
I believe he is a great player that is going to prove everybody that he is not what people think he is and with him in our squad we can still have a crack at the playoffs (fingers crossed):D

keem-o-sabi
08-21-2008, 11:28 AM
well then howard did a fantastic job of his head going backward. He 'tried' to pull out, just like the guy tried to pull out on the tackle to cech last year.

He also gave a nice elbow in the first 3 minutes that would/could have been a red on pearce. He's a dirty bastard, so we'll see what he does here.

Same crap as always from the Guat's. My first match was at RFK (sept '00) vs. them while in the 2002 WC cycle. Man I hate that team. I remember that game, the US fans were in the lower bowl of RFK and the Guatemalan fans were in the upper bowl. Sold out game and crazy. When (I think) McBride scored, we had so much stuff thrown down at us. Good times.

But other than that I hate playing them. I can't wait for Mexico in the next round (and hopefully they come here too as I hate them more than the the guatemalan team).

Derko
08-21-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm sure if Ruiz starts scoring some goals for TFC, you guys will shut the fuck up. Regardless of whether you like or dislike his style of play.
Just an honest assessment.

trane
08-21-2008, 01:59 PM
fuck him.
he's a classless bitch.

Fuck, I hate him even more, I am an Everton Supporter I hate the US, but Howard is Evertons keeper. Fucking bitch Ruiz, I cannot believe he is our player now.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-21-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm sure if Ruiz starts scoring some goals for TFC, you guys will shut the fuck up. Regardless of whether you like or dislike his style of play.

yep, guarateed.

Disliked him before but hes ours now.
He could become a god if he wants.
I do think Guevara will sort him out (along with Carver but thats a given)

S_D
08-21-2008, 02:31 PM

Others maybe...me not a chance in hell.

RealG-TFC
08-21-2008, 02:55 PM
*sigh* to quote Roosavelt on Somoza...
"Somoza is a son of a bitch, but he is our son of a bitch"

Same goes for us and Ruiz.

Shaughno
08-21-2008, 02:58 PM
^^ While he wears our badge, he's our player. I don't see the point in getting all pissy about a player's attitude before he's played a minute for us.

S_D
08-21-2008, 03:45 PM
well it's official

1st and 2nd round supplemental draft pick + salary budget considerations (allocation $$ I assume)

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080820&content_id=181656&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

jloome
08-21-2008, 03:48 PM
The under the table word is that LA ate a big chunk of his contract as well. He was on a grandfathered DP deal of $480,000 per season.

justin
08-21-2008, 10:31 PM
and according to ivanka osmak, he's 38. really, come on now, get accurate info to put on your sports news program.

FluSH
08-21-2008, 11:34 PM

I'm still in disbelief that he is coming here...

I mean why didn't we get:

Sean Avery

Bruce Bowen

or

Barry Bonds?

We might as well have!

jloome
08-22-2008, 12:09 AM
and according to ivanka osmak, he's 38. really, come on now, get accurate info to put on your sports news program.

http://www.theoffside.com/leagues/mls/top-10-mls-salaries-in-2008.html

So sue me, it's $460,000. As for the other, I think you'll find Soccer by Ives has reported they got him at "a bargain price", which may refer to the draft; but it seems unlikely that tag would fit if Toronto were paying a DP-level salary.

Keystone FC
08-22-2008, 12:11 AM
I heard one of the Americans got carded and sent off too though?

- Scott

Bradly received a yellow in the 1st half for throwing the ball in disgust after a call didn't go his way. He just slammed it to the ground. In the second half after one of the Guatemalans got the ball away from him he fell and reached out a tripped the player which was his 2nd yellow. Not bad for the coaches son.

Razcle
08-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Check out who Carlos Ruiz has the most respect for in the MLS....

THis is Ruiz's crib on FCD Cribs Check out 4:52 for the answer....

6TQk4tKC30w

RealG-TFC
08-25-2008, 09:20 AM
^^ Sick.

Razcle
08-25-2008, 09:39 AM
"This is my truck.....grand cherokee SRT8 Special Edition" ..."Its kind of like a race truck!"

Nuvinho
08-25-2008, 01:58 PM
RUIZ IN ON TUESDAY:

Carlos Ruiz will meet up with his new team for the first time on Tuesday. The Guatemalan striker is scheduled to arrive in Toronto later today. "When he didn't turn up at the weekend, everybody was saying it was because he doesn't want to play on the turf, but that wasn't the case," said Coach John Carver. "The good news is that he is flying in tonight, and then he can see the stadium and the facilities and have a look at the turf."
Carver believes he can get the best out of Ruiz, who is eighth on the list of all-time leading MLS scorers but had fallen out of favour in L.A. "I've got to get the best out of him, and I think I know how to do that," said Carver. "He will certainly enjoy the training here and the fitness work with Paul Winsper. So I'm looking forward to managing him and getting the best out of him, because if we do that, it will be a big benefit to us."

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080825&content_id=183160&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

ensco
08-25-2008, 02:06 PM
"I've got to get the best out of him, and I think I know how to do that," said Carver.

This should be interesting.

Strikers
08-25-2008, 02:17 PM
"I've got to get the best out of him, and I think I know how to do that," said Carver.

The BRASS RAIL strikes again :lol:

Smenge
08-25-2008, 02:21 PM
With Carver, anything is possible. He may even sit Ruiz out for a game or two because he wants to "see what the lad Ricketts can do"....ugh.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-25-2008, 02:27 PM
With Carver, anything is possible. He may even sit Ruiz out for a game or two because he wants to "see what the lad Ricketts can do"....ugh.

absolutely, im certain thisll happen:rolleyes:

AL-MO
08-25-2008, 02:27 PM
I think Ruiz will work well with Amado, hopefully bring the best out of both of them.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-25-2008, 02:32 PM
I think Ruiz will work well with Amado, hopefully bring the best out of both of them.

agreed, im looking forward to the result of these two

UltraFootyKWC
08-25-2008, 02:33 PM
^ I agree, I think they will work really well together. Having Amado here will definately help Carver get the best out of Ruiz. If not only because they know eachother and respect one another, so he may settle in much quicker. I am excited to see what happens.

T_Mizz
08-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Hey does anyone know if he's still being paid more than the league maximum becasue I know Landycakes is and Eddie Johnson was and I think Eddie Pope and Carlos Ruiz but two of them have left and Ruiz is now on a new team so do we take his contract or make a new one?

MG42
08-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey does anyone know if he's still being paid more than the league maximum becasue I know Landycakes is and Eddie Johnson was and I think Eddie Pope and Carlos Ruiz but two of them have left and Ruiz is now on a new team so do we take his contract or make a new one?

I know he's part of the "grandfathered" DP's but I don't know how mcuh he makes.

EDIT:RUIZ SALARY IS 460,000

ManUtd4ever
08-25-2008, 05:26 PM

Doubtful...Saturday's roster was a patchwork lineup. Ricketts demonstrated that he is far more valuable as a playmaker than a finisher...

Draracle
08-25-2008, 07:46 PM

If anyone can handle Ruiz, it should be Carver. Look at how he gives the tough treatment to players and they all greatly respect him. He also punched Bellamy in the face... which is awesome.

Brooker
08-25-2008, 11:31 PM
he can't come soon enough.

Roogsy
08-26-2008, 04:46 AM
As big of a douchebag as he is...you gotta admire how he feels about playing at the WC for his country. You just wish some soccer players born and raised in Canada would feel the same.

If he played with that much passion for TFC, I'd like to have him on the team. But I get the feeling we won't be getting that.