PDA

View Full Version : Poll on SBI for elbow on Dichio

MG42
08-20-2008, 12:43 PM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/08/cichero-given-t.html

There is a poll on SBI for what punishment (if any) Cichero should have gotten for his elbow on Dichio...Ives stated he doesn't think it deserved the extra game suspension....

Oblio2
08-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Guevera got the extra game, so should this douche

Technorgasm
08-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Guevera got the extra game, so should this douche. . . BAG!

GUILDWOOOOooD!

JonO
08-20-2008, 12:48 PM
^^ I think Cichero is getting an extra two games (so one more than Guevara)

Oblio2
08-20-2008, 12:50 PM
. . . BAG!

GUILDWOOOOooD!

LOL

:)

Don Julio
08-20-2008, 12:56 PM
All suspensions in this league seem harsh to me, so I can't judge.

flatpicker
08-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I think players need to be aware of the kind of contact they are making and should face harsher punishment for hits to the head.

So if there was a bad, but accidental, hit to players lower body... I would say red card and just the one game.
If it's a bad, but accidental, hit to the players head... red card plus additional game suspension.

Head injuries are serious business and players need to be cautious.
Just look how they are cracking down on hits to the head in hockey.
No reason why they can't take a similar stand in football.

btw... I am talking about ugly bonehead tackles and such... not your everyday knocks to the ankles and head

nimamalek
08-20-2008, 01:08 PM
I think a red and a 1 game would have been enough

giambac
08-20-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't think he deserves a suspension. It wasn't intentional.

tlear
08-20-2008, 01:29 PM
When I watched it I thought it was 100% intentional, 2 games is deserved

Kickit09
08-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Guevera got the extra game, so should this douche

exactly... and shitceros was worse because it was to the head of player coming back from a head injury.

The Kingpin
08-20-2008, 02:33 PM
How the fuck do you know?

Lot's of fucking handicapped Redshit homers on that site, that piece of shit Venezuelan mother fucker deserves that and more. I was hoping for Harmse to fucking destroy him.

Quoted for RACISM.

Footie-11
08-20-2008, 02:52 PM
The thing about that tackle was that had he not been going against Dichio who's just recovring from a concussion, i don't think Chichero would have made the challenge.

Dozitwin
08-20-2008, 03:14 PM
The thing about that tackle was that had he not been going against Dichio who's just recovring from a concussion, i don't think Chichero would have made the challenge.

I'm not sure I buy that. He's a competative player, I think he would have gone up for the ball regardless. Difference is on just about any other player his arm would have cleared their head.

Dozitwin
08-20-2008, 03:21 PM
exactly... and shitceros was worse because it was to the head of player coming back from a head injury.

I'm confused, by that account the elbow would have been more tollerable had Dichio not been coming off a head injury? Honestly the head injury is irrellevant, just that it was an elbow to the head deserved the suspension.

I'm not convinced that the extra day was appropriate as I'm not sure it was intentional but I agree with flatpicker, the league definitely needs to take a serious stance on blows to the head.

Smenge
08-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Dichio looks as though he is through for the season. Like many pro athletes who have had concussions, he came back too soon from his injury. If he doesn't stop all physical contact for about one year, he will eventually get dizziness and headaches from a passing mosquito. Says something about the quality of the TFC medical staff: they should have known better.

andyc
08-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Dichio looks as though he is through for the season. Like many pro athletes who have had concussions, he came back too soon from his injury. If he doesn't stop all physical contact for about one year, he will eventually get dizziness and headaches from a passing mosquito. Says something about the quality of the TFC medical staff: they should have known better.

I saw Dichio last night coaching kids as part of his soccer school. He looked fine although obviously there was no physical contact involved... He was running around and seemed pretty normal.

Hopefully he was just taken off as a precaution...

Shakes McQueen
08-20-2008, 11:00 PM
I saw Dichio last night coaching kids as part of his soccer school. He looked fine although obviously there was no physical contact involved... He was running around and seemed pretty normal.

Hopefully he was just taken off as a precaution...

Carver confirmed it was just as a precaution, although he also said that Danny was having some headaches after the elbow.

- Scott

James17930
08-21-2008, 03:10 AM
I think the extra game was unwarranted. There was no intent, it was just sloppy.