PDA

View Full Version : Complaint Thread !

denime
08-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi

If you are unhappy and have an urge to complain,bitch,cry,hate,please use this thread from now on.
All Mo/Carver/turf haters you are welcome to post here.Remember you still have to play by the rules,racism,personal insults etc will be subject for infractions or ban.
Leave the rest of board for some useful discussions.
STOP hijacking other threads and feel like home in this thread.
Many members are sick and tired from you,and you know who you are.
I will even stick it for you so you know where is it all the time.
This is not a rant,it's simple, we want our board back for constructive dialogs and discussion.
Have a fun a long the way ;)

Sonny Cheeba
08-19-2008, 11:03 PM
this thread sucks.

werewolf
08-19-2008, 11:06 PM
^ not any worse then all the ones where people are just constantly complaining.

Sonny Cheeba
08-19-2008, 11:09 PM
it was a joke. get it???? i guess not.

Alarius
08-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Friggin finally...

Bobo
08-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Friggin finally...

Stop complaining, there are threads for it......

Draracle
08-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Son of a bitch, now I have nothing to complain about.

werewolf
08-19-2008, 11:18 PM
it was a joke. get it???? i guess not.

No jokes in this thread. Only complaints!!!

nfitz
08-19-2008, 11:18 PM
I'd like to complain that there are no jokes in this thread.

werewolf
08-19-2008, 11:22 PM
can we just fire mo already, he hasn't made any signings this season

Ageroo
08-19-2008, 11:24 PM

I would like to complain that you are complaining too much and dominating this thread!

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2008, 11:32 PM

I heard he's been sneaking into BMO Field at night, and stealing seats to sell on eBay. He's the worst manager ever!

- Scott

TFC USA
08-19-2008, 11:35 PM
I'm here to complain about the complainers who are complaining about this pointless complaining thread about complains.

Complain Complain Complain Complain.

boban
08-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Not complaining, but adding constructive criticism (honest)

But this thread and its purpose is retarded.
If someone want to bitch let him. Don't click on thread if you don't like it.
I mean fuck, now we can only say what we are told?! Stupidity.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-19-2008, 11:38 PM
I want us to get good players. And I want us to get real grass, so we can get good players.

There, end of complaint.

TFC USA
I blame Cunningham for this thread.

Roogsy
Not the point Boban...the point is that the complainers hijack EVERY thread. Even appreciation threads wind up being just plain ol "he sucks" threads. Maybe this way the complainers will get the message. There are people sick of them.

Roogsy
08-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Should this be the complaint thread?

werewolf
08-19-2008, 11:39 PM
I blame Cunningham for this thread.

in the words of Max Bretos....Cunningham....yeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeeeaaaaasss sssssss

boban
08-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Well Roogsy, who says you have to respond to the complaint?
I mean, that person's post suckered you into their discussion then did it not?
Simply pass over the post and keep talking about the thread.

Roogsy
08-19-2008, 11:45 PM
In every thread? You talk about moving on to the next post or next thread. Well...the same person, or someone like him has already made THAT thread into shit or turned the current thread into an unreadable one. They shouldn't be punished for the douchebaggery of others.

There are people who are sick of scouring the pages of the RPB boards to find a decent place to have a conversation about footy and are having trouble finding it.

MrHawk
08-19-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm tired of these jokes about my giant hand. The first such incident occured in 1956 when.........

I also want to complain about the weather

werewolf
08-19-2008, 11:47 PM
In every thread? You talk about moving on to the next post or next thread. Well...the same person, or someone like him has already made THAT thread into shit or turned the current thread into an unreadable one. They shouldn't be punished for the douchebaggery of others.

There are people who are sick of scouring the pages of the RPB boards to find a decent place to have a conversation about footy and are having trouble finding it.

exactly. this isn't a general community forum, its a Red Patch Boys forum, not for every random person to use it as they see fit at the expensive of others.

BC101
08-19-2008, 11:50 PM
I'd like to complain about the lack of Gorilla photos presented and shot by werewolf88 in the photography thread... HE SUCKS!!! he needs real grass and a DP in order to get more Gorilla shots! at first he was okay he had that one Gorilla shot but has since let us down time and time again sans Gorilla shots. FIRE MO!

boban
08-19-2008, 11:50 PM
exactly. this isn't a general community forum, its a Red Patch Boys forum, not for every random person to use it as they see fit at the expensive of others.
I don't, maybe its just me, but I get a laugh out of some of the bitching that goes on here. I don't let it bother me. Carpe Dieme my friends and don't take things too seriously.

MrHawk
08-19-2008, 11:52 PM
I'd like to complain about the lack of Gorilla photos presented and shot by werewolf88 in the photography thread... HE SUCKS!!! he needs real grass and a DP in order to get more Gorilla shots! at first he was okay he had that one Gorilla shot but has since let us down time and time again sans Gorilla shots. FIRE MO!

It's all Mo's fault. his lack of a DP and the lack of real grass in BMO has deprived BritChat of gorilla pictures.

I also want to complaint. My butt is too big.

boban
08-19-2008, 11:54 PM
I also want to complaint. My butt is too big.
Do some squats.

neuf
08-19-2008, 11:55 PM
The pig says, "My wife is a slut."

Roogsy
08-19-2008, 11:56 PM
I don't, maybe its just me, but I get a laugh out of some of the bitching that goes on here. I don't let it bother me. Carpe Dieme my friends and don't take things too seriously.

Spoken like a person who has not put any effort to help get things where they are. There are lots of people who put lots of effort into getting this board, the old board, the group, the banners and everything else setup. They want a home to be able to discuss such things and it' been taken over by complainers and whiners. So while you may not let things get to you, it's because you haven't invested much of yourself into these things. If you had, maybe you'd be singing a different tune. Think about it.

MrHawk
08-19-2008, 11:57 PM
The pig says, "My wife is a slut."

I wish I was taller

werewolf
08-19-2008, 11:58 PM
I wish I was a baller....like Edu.

boban
08-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Spoken like a person who has not put any effort to help get things where they are. There are lots of people who put lots of effort into getting this board, the old board, the group, the banners and everything else setup. They want a home to be able to discuss such things and it' been taken over by complainers and whiners. So while you may not let things get to you, it's because you haven't invested much of yourself into these things. If you had, maybe you'd be singing a different tune. Think about it.
Don't assume Roogsy, it doesn't look good on you.
All I know is I don't tell a child how to have fun.

neuf
08-19-2008, 11:59 PM
I wish I was taller

That's not a normal complaint.

boban
But I will make one complaint ..

Too FUCKING many stickies.
How can that many things be so important?
Prioritize people.

Brooker
this thread is gonna be pure insanity.

Roogsy
08-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Don't assume Roogsy, it doesn't look good on you.
All I know is I don't tell a child how to have fun.

Not assuming so I look just fine thanks.

werewolf
08-20-2008, 12:02 AM
I would like to complain about the complacency of people towards Medvedev.

boban
08-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Not assuming so I look just fine thanks.
Keep telling yourself that.

Roogsy
08-20-2008, 12:07 AM
I want to complain about the immigration policies of this country!

Shakes McQueen
08-20-2008, 12:09 AM
I LIKE THE SOUND OF TWO BRICKS BEING SMASHED TOGETHER.

- Scott

werewolf
08-20-2008, 12:24 AM
can't complain about being behind Montreal much, Vancouver maybe. Montreal at top spot though....I can't wait for the WCQ game next month, I must really be missing out on something...

Roogsy
08-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Not TFC related so I posted it in the Off Topic forum...you shoulda caught that Travis! Come on, you're slipping!

RYANTFC
08-20-2008, 12:27 AM
I want to complain about the immigration policies of this country!

yeah me too, its fuckin bullshit

MrHawk
08-20-2008, 12:28 AM
It was all voted in, here are the results

Blue Spots (Montreal, Riga)
Green (Cape Town, Belgrade, Paris)
Yellow (Jerusalem, Hong Kong, Beijing)
Red (London, New York, Sydney)
Orange (Vancouver, Shanghai, Rome)
Purple (Toronto, Kyiv, Istanbul)
Light Blue (Athens, Barcelona, Tokyo)
Brown (Taipei, Gdynia)

werewolf
08-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Cj1wcs7SZj0

werewolf
08-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Not TFC related so I posted it in the Off Topic forum...you shoulda caught that Travis! Come on, you're slipping!

I thought they were going off the results in the Canada Cup :noidea:

Danbwoy
08-20-2008, 06:50 AM
I'm pissed that every time I watch TFC its a completely different team on the pitch. I hate adjusting to new players and new gameplans and new configurations in every game. I know international duty and injuries are as much a part of it as transactions, but its getting a bit ridiculous. I'd like to see a solid foundation for this team moving forward - I feel like Ruiz is just a band aid answer to the team's current woes, which means we'll be in this limbo until the end of the season and for who knows how long after that.

mclaren
08-20-2008, 06:53 AM
But I will make one complaint ..

Too FUCKING many stickies.
How can that many things be so important?
Prioritize people.

agreed

denime
08-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Morning,I can see a lot's of traffic in this thread.It seems to be a good idea to have a thread to let frustration out.
This is the right place to :deadhorse: :violin: :cuss: :rant: :incazzato:

Fort York Redcoat
08-20-2008, 07:05 AM
we have the $ why don't we have grass yet? They said they'd get some yesterday and the Canada game's tonight...:canada:

Ossington Mental Youth
08-20-2008, 08:00 AM
I wanna complain:

How is this not 10 pages long?
Why arent there certain posters in here?
How can i convince them to quote in here?

denime
08-20-2008, 08:29 AM
All you have to do is start your post/thread with:

What The Fuck!
Fire Mo/Carver!
This Team Is Going Nowhere!
What Is This Team Doing?

And they will come

Bobo
08-20-2008, 08:36 AM
I fucking hate Ruiz, most hated player in the MLS. Ugh this is like Vieira coming to Inter.

Join me my hating brothers!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WHBOi0ijO_8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WHBOi0ijO_8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-20-2008, 08:43 AM
I fucking hate Ruiz, most hated player in the MLS. Ugh this is like Vieira coming to Inter.

Join me my hating brothers!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WHBOi0ijO_8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WHBOi0ijO_8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Vieira is such a dickhead. Even arsenal fans starting hating the guy after he held out for all kinds of money a couple years before he left for Juventus. And guess who was the first guy to hightail it out of Turin when Juve's point deductions and relegation were announced? :rolleyes: And not only did he make sure he was out of there as soon as possible, he went to the beneficiaries of the scandal and the hated rivals, Inter. He's an idiot.

giambac
08-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Not the point Boban...the point is that the complainers hijack EVERY thread. Even appreciation threads wind up being just plain ol "he sucks" threads. Maybe this way the complainers will get the message. There are people sick of them.

I'm more sick of appreciation threads for people who don't serve it.

Why not also have a seperate appreciation thread also for all the losers who jump on the band wagon for the stupidiest things.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-20-2008, 08:45 AM
And hey, I have another complaint... my boss is a bitch with a brain the size of my fingernail. :mad:

Toronto Gunner
08-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Hate Hate Hate!!

I'd like to complain about the grass issue, about the signings issue, and about the DP issue, but with this Edu deal going through, I'm feeling very optomistic. Mo says he wants grass, Mo's told us he wants to get us a DP and has the cash to do so, and if we can get the grass, the DP will follow. DeRo straight up said he would love to play in Canada, but the turf is keeping him out of BMO, if we can lose the turf, maybe we can bring DeRo home - that would be one helluva great deal.

Bobo
08-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Vieira is such a dickhead. Even arsenal fans starting hating the guy after he held out for all kinds of money a couple years before he left for Juventus. And guess who was the first guy to hightail it out of Turin when Juve's point deductions and relegation were announced? :rolleyes: And not only did he make sure he was out of there as soon as possible, he went to the beneficiaries of the scandal and the hated rivals, Inter. He's an idiot.

And since then he's pissed off Inter fans too by playing for France while injured which made his injury worse. And for the few games we've gotten out of him he's been shit and plays without heart. FUCKING DIRTY SMELLY SIFILIS-INFECTED CUNT. The disease can be translated to "plague" which is fitting because that's what he is to the teams he plays for.

This is pretty fun. Is this strictly for TFC though? Can general hating go here or does another thread need to be opened in the international section?

Angelo1405
08-20-2008, 08:52 AM
everything gos in this thread so dont get offended.....

i hate when people wear khaki shorts to TFC games. it looks like confusing when were singing "whos the F**** the impact" and walking around in those light khaki shorts...at least try some board shorts or jeans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOCUVu0xyz4

just watch :34 - :60. i know alot of you ppl are 'Khaki wearers' i just dont like the visual of it....

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-20-2008, 08:52 AM
yeah, he's sh*t, honestly. Didn't know that Inter fans hated the guy as well, not a shock though.

Gobi
08-20-2008, 11:15 AM
I'd like to complain about misplaced apostrophes.
Know your possessives! Know your plurals! Know your contractions!
Garrrrr! :taz:

Ageroo
08-20-2008, 11:16 AM

Well that's a complaint.....emphasis on the apostrophe!

Oblio2
08-20-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd like to complain that my 3 week old daughter vomited in me this morning..WTF!!!

Roogsy
08-20-2008, 11:20 AM
I hate people who can't tell the difference between "their", "there" and "they're".

And "your" and you're".

Did you even GO to school at all?

v00d00daddy
08-20-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't mean to be a chronic complainer but;)

RPB members doing stuff like this, (ie: complaints thread) just fuels the fire. You know that there are people in every walk of life that will disagree with a point of view for no other reason than to get into an argument. I should know because from time to time I can be one of them. It's sad but true.

All this shit with private boards and making fun of people by creating "complaint" threads because of all the "hijacking" is just creating a big situation of TFC fans v.s TFC fans. Is it really necessary to make members red and bolded? What purpose does that serve? I personally don't care but you know some people are gonna take issue with it. What does it do other than further divide a bunch of people who all share the same passion of supporting TFC?

Is it really so hard to put up with some people complaining? I find it hard to believe that you guys don't have disagreements and complaints about TFC in the private members forum. How do you put up with it there?

Please don't tell me that you all share the same opinion, all the time and that you ALL think that TFC is just perfect right now. I know there have to be some paid RPB members who are frustrated. Do you guys make them your enemies on Members Forum too? Has herd mentality really taken hold that strongly?

All of this bickering about "this is our board" and "you contributed nothing to it" just makes for more hostility that isn't needed. TFC is playing like shit right now and it seems like the fans are taking it out on each other and that's a shame.

I tried to be reasonable and not offend anyone in this post so please don't go attacking me and telling me to stop bitching and whining. If you have an opinion on the matter feel free to discuss, just try to avoid being a dick about it. Thanks.

Rant.....errrrrrr.....Complaint/Whining/Bitching over.;)

werewolf
08-20-2008, 11:25 AM
you know who didn't go to school? or at least geography class...Mo...

arsenal
08-20-2008, 11:26 AM
I'd like to complain that my 3 week old daughter vomited in me this morning..WTF!!!

Hoping you meant "on me". My 21 month old son has been vomiting for 2 days now .... just be glad your daughter is on a liquid diet ..... you don't want to see & smell partially digested grilled cheese :ack2:

Sonny Cheeba
08-20-2008, 11:49 AM
I don't like Vieira. He's a douche.

Gobi
08-20-2008, 12:11 PM
I hate people who can't tell the difference between "their", "there" and "they're".

And "your" and you're".

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=116&pictureid=732

STOP! Grammar Time!

There are several very intelligent people who post on this board; hell, there are lots, but I see so many basic grammar and punctuation errors that a couple seconds' review would sort out. So... Let's get a few things straight.

Part 1 – That damned apostrophe.

Possessive

My favourite team; this jersey is mine.
Your favourite team; this jersey is yours.
His favourite team; this jersey is his.
Her favourite team; this jersey is hers.
Our favourite team; this jersey is ours.
Their favourite team; this jersey is theirs.
The team is in its prime.
Jack’s drumming gets me jumping.
Whose jersey is that? It's Roogsy's.
The team’s performance is poor.
Many MLS teams’ performances are poor.
A couple seconds’ review would sort it out.

Contractions

It’s our favourite team. (It IS our favourite team.)
He’s a good left winger. (He IS…)
They’re playing well. (They ARE…)
You’re not singing. (You ARE not..)
The ball’s in the net. (The ball IS…)
Mo’s been busy. (Mo HAS been…)
Who's not jumping? (Who IS...)
Let’s get a few things straight. (Let US get…)

Plural

TFC needs good defenders.
Cats like cheeseburgers.
There are too many complainers. There are lots.
I downed six pints.
Internets are serious business. ;)

Etc.

:D

Northern Soul
08-20-2008, 12:17 PM

And "your" and you're".

So I'm not the only one? I also hate text talk. If you are going to join a forum, you should learn how to spell words.

GlenM
08-20-2008, 12:18 PM

STOP! Grammar Time!

There are several very intelligent people who post on this board; hell, there are lots, but I see so many basic grammar and punctuation errors that a couple seconds' review would sort out. So... Let's get a few things straight.

Possessive

Contractions

Plural

Cats like cheeseburgers.
I downed six pints.

Etc.

Yeah...

You rock GOBI!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1iR2Wi3u5o (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1iR2Wi3u5o)

GlenM

H Bomb
08-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Plural

Catz luv cheezburger.
I downed six pints.

Corrected

Oblio2
08-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Hoping you meant "on me". My 21 month old son has been vomiting for 2 days now .... just be glad your daughter is on a liquid diet ..... you don't want to see & smell partially digested grilled cheese :ack2:

lol

trying to type and have her sleep on my arm wasn't easy......

mclaren
08-20-2008, 12:22 PM

RPB members doing stuff like this, (ie: complaints thread) just fuels the fire. You know that there are people in every walk of life that will disagree with a point of view for no other reason than to get into an argument. I should know because from time to time I can be one of them. It's sad but true.

All this shit with private boards and making fun of people by creating "complaint" threads because of all the "hijacking" is just creating a big situation of TFC fans v.s TFC fans. Is it really necessary to make members red and bolded? What purpose does that serve? I personally don't care but you know some people are gonna take issue with it. What does it do other than further divide a bunch of people who all share the same passion of supporting TFC?

Is it really so hard to put up with some people complaining? I find it hard to believe that you guys don't have disagreements and complaints about TFC in the private members forum. How do you put up with it there?

Please don't tell me that you all share the same opinion, all the time and that you ALL think that TFC is just perfect right now. I know there have to be some paid RPB members who are frustrated. Do you guys make them your enemies on Members Forum too? Has herd mentality really taken hold that strongly?

All of this bickering about "this is our board" and "you contributed nothing to it" just makes for more hostility that isn't needed. TFC is playing like shit right now and it seems like the fans are taking it out on each other and that's a shame.

I tried to be reasonable and not offend anyone in this post so please don't go attacking me and telling me to stop bitching and whining. If you have an opinion on the matter feel free to discuss, just try to avoid being a dick about it. Thanks.

I do agree that this complaints thread is a bit silly. It seems to be coming off that if anyone disagrees with the current regime that they're wrong. Last time I checked this is a free country and we should welcome all points of views. I'm currently not happy with the current FO but that doesn't mean I want to banish all happy-happy posts to a "positive thread". Let's grow up folks, this isn't playschool. Everyone's opinion should be welcomed here.

Carts
08-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Can I complain about taxes here...???

Carts...

Oblio2
08-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Depends what type

billyfly
08-20-2008, 12:28 PM

I agree with this statement. I am sure that some of the "complaining" as classified by members is merely disagreement with said member's opinions.

The only point I would add to with is the highlighting of members. It makes sense that this be done since afterall RPB are trying to get you to be a paying member and therefore need to differentiate between users and memebers.

boban
08-20-2008, 12:29 PM
So I'm not the only one? I also hate text talk. If you are going to join a forum, you should learn how to spell words.
What r u talking about?
Just learn 2 lol & enjoy the fact we r all 2gether discussing soccer.

Northern Soul
08-20-2008, 12:29 PM

Simple, really. It boils down to a matter of respect. On the main boards, there is a lack of respect. We don't always agree, but we are at least respectful with our disagreements.

billyfly
08-20-2008, 12:33 PM
I wish I could do something similar to the intent of this board to my co-patriots in Leafs Nation.

Sonny Cheeba
08-20-2008, 12:33 PM
What r u talking about?
Just learn 2 lol & enjoy the fact we r all 2gether discussing soccer.

or you can get into all that 1337 h4X0r2 stuff.

alexintoronto
08-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Who are the hijackers?

boban
08-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Who are the hijackers?
The guys who ran the planes into the twin towers in NYC.

MrHawk
08-20-2008, 01:00 PM
or you can get into all that 1337 h4X0r2 stuff.

if u j00 d0nt $tfU n00b, 1ma pwn j00 n d4 f4c3

hahahaha roxorzzz.....lolzlzlzlzl!!!!!!!!! roflcopter, rolfbrothel

alexintoronto
08-20-2008, 01:12 PM
The guys who ran the planes into the twin towers in NYC.
Who are the THREAD hijackers?

canadian_bhoy
08-20-2008, 01:18 PM

And "your" and you're".

Oh shut up Roogsy

Your such an idiot!

Oblio2
08-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Who are the THREAD hijackers?

http://i36.tinypic.com/5dwcpj.gif

http://i36.tinypic.com/ftp8z.gif

http://i36.tinypic.com/2hgwrdj.jpg

(this is nothing to do with the thread, just makes me laugh)

http://i37.tinypic.com/23vzv43.gif

denime
08-20-2008, 01:22 PM

If the posts are like yours,there woul not be any need for thread like this,but when you have posts like this:

Ummmm...Edu is the football equivalent of a homosexual. No wonder no one in Glasgow knows him. Fuck Edu, i'm glad he's off the team. No heart motherfucker....

P.S. Fuck Mo, fire that coke motherfucker. I still love Robert... and you still have dickheads like Smith and Harmse on the team? You're a fucking muppet. Please resign.....or have a heart attack and die. Harsh? Maybe. Just fuck off then and fend off the deathwish....

Try to get a normal conversation!

jloome
08-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Complaints can be constructive dialogue and are sometimes quite warranted. So this entire thread is a bit of an insult to free speech -- and I say that as someone who spends more time than most calling out the whiners.

What you're really upset with is reactionary positions from people who aren't smart enough to know any better. Banning their participation will get you nowhere, they'll just come back under different names; suggesting their is no validity to their complaints will get you nowhere, and they certainly aren't going to start posting exclusively in here.

Dumb idea, end of story.

Maple Leaf Red
08-20-2008, 01:35 PM
I do agree that this complaints thread is a bit silly. It seems to be coming off that if anyone disagrees with the current regime that they're wrong. Last time I checked this is a free country and we should welcome all points of views. I'm currently not happy with the current FO but that doesn't mean I want to banish all happy-happy posts to a "positive thread". Let's grow up folks, this isn't playschool. Everyone's opinion should be welcomed here.

It's not about not respecting people's opinions or trying to keep a positive spin on things. It's about giving the idiots that will turn any thread into an anti-everything rant a place to play while the adults enjoy sharing their rational opinions with each other.

In a perfect world a lot more people would lose their ability to start threads (is checking to see if there is a duplicate thread that fucking hard?) or even get banned but the admins have real lives and it's up to everyone to keep the level of discourse up. Unfortunately, you can't make anything idiot proof because they keep making better idiots.

Maple Leaf Red
08-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Complaints can be constructive dialogue and are sometimes quite warranted. So this entire thread is a bit of an insult to free speech -- and I say that as someone who spends more time than most calling out the whiners.

What you're really upset with is reactionary positions from people who aren't smart enough to know any better. Banning their participation will get you nowhere, they'll just come back under different names; suggesting their is no validity to their complaints will get you nowhere, and they certainly aren't going to start posting exclusively in here.

Dumb idea, end of story.

It's an insult to dumb speech as it's meant to be. What people are upset with is having threads hijacked by the same rants over and over again from the same people. If it doesn't bother you then you are either part of the problem or have the patience of a saint. Judging from your posts maybe you should change your name to St. Jloome.

ManUtd4ever
08-20-2008, 01:40 PM

STOP! Grammar Time!

Possessive

Contractions

Plural

Cats like cheeseburgers.
I downed six pints.

Etc.

LMAO! It's so true, and not just on this board. I've hired a few young women to work at reception in my office in the last few years and the average level of grammatical competence these days is a fucking joke. Thank God I can create idiot proof templates for them to use or the documentation leaving my office would be a complete disaster...

Maple Leaf Red
08-20-2008, 01:49 PM
LMAO! It's so true, and not just on this board. I've hired a few young women to work at reception in my office in the last few years and the average level of grammatical competence these days is a fucking joke. Thank God I can create idiot proof templates for them to use or the documentation leaving my office would be a complete disaster...

Amen. Strunk and White's Elements of Style costs about $10 and would save me a tonne of headaches when I have to read the unintelligible mush that some people call writing.

gtaguy
08-20-2008, 01:52 PM
not only is this the "complaint thread" its also "LEARN HOW TO WRITE 101 BY An RPB"

WHY don't you guys start another sticky and bitch bout the gramatical erors found in all the threds

ManUtd4ever
08-20-2008, 01:56 PM
not only is this the "complaint thread" its also "LEARN HOW TO WRITE 101 BY An RPB"

WHY don't you guys start another sticky and bitch bout the gramatical erors found in all the threds

;) LOL!

koryo
08-20-2008, 02:00 PM

The database couldn't hold that much data.

koryo
08-20-2008, 02:03 PM

and for crying out loud... DON'T DANGLE YOUR PARTICIPLES!

Especially on a public forum.

Have you people no shame? :)

koryo
08-20-2008, 02:08 PM
...this entire thread is a bit of an insult to free speech

Chronic abuse of a language, either through laziness or ignorance, is an insult to free speech.

By the way, the complaints in this complaints thread are second-rate at best.

If this was England, they'd barely register as mild concerns (at least two divisions below our top-flight complaints).

Fire Mo! Fire Carver! Bitch! Complain! Wah! etc!

:)

Lucky Strike
08-20-2008, 02:24 PM

+ a googleplex!

- That and the difference between: there, their and they're.
- Similarly, the difference between your and you're.

P.S. This thread was WAY too late in coming! :rolleyes: I haven't read the whole thing but I bet at least one person has complained about the complaints thread.

Jack
08-20-2008, 02:27 PM
I love when people talk about free speech on a privately owned forum.

It always makes me smile. :D

Danbwoy
08-20-2008, 02:31 PM
My main complaint concerning language use is the spelling of the word definitely. Not definately. Not definetly. It's spelled definitely.

trane
08-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I have not complaints, but I realize that I am guilty of all the noted infractions...but I am OK with it.

boban
08-20-2008, 02:58 PM
My main complaint concerning language use is the spelling of the word definitely. Not definately. Not definetly. It's spelled definitely.
Are you definite on that?

mclaren
08-20-2008, 03:03 PM

You wouldn't be advocating a dictatorship now, would you Jack? Stifle all forum criticism of management and bow down to the MLSE Gods! ;)

Jack
08-20-2008, 03:12 PM
You wouldn't be advocating a dictatorship now, would you Jack? Stifle all forum criticism of management and bow down to the MLSE Gods! ;)
Not at all.

People can engage in productive discussion, impassioned discussion and everything else they like.

I don't have any plans to bow down to MLSE gods, since they have nothing to do with this forum anyway.

That said, it's a privately-owned forum and people can't just say whatever the hell they want.

v00d00daddy
08-20-2008, 03:31 PM
P.S. This thread was WAY too late in coming! :rolleyes: I haven't read the whole thing but I bet at least one person has complained about the complaints thread.

Yup. I complained. Well, kinda complained. You've won your bet. So now what?:rolleyes:

jloome
08-20-2008, 03:35 PM

IT shouldn't. Being private guarantees you nothing under the charter with respect to restricting the speech of people whom you've allowed access to you "private business." This place, once they've accepted someone's membership, is as vulnerable to civil action as anyone; the hedge you have, in terms of banning people, is that you have codes of conduct they've already agreed to that might, in some respects, limit free speech but do so for the purpose of civil responsibility.

jloome
08-20-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm hardly a Saint, MLR. But the reality is that, just as with a tv remote, there's an ignore button that already filters out that crap. A public forum shouldn't take the risk of stifling free expression for such an unnecessary reason when the tools already exist to deal with it.

As for me appearing like a saint by not taking some of those people on...it's because I don't see their posts. My ignore list is probably longer than most.;)

It's an insult to dumb speech as it's meant to be. What people are upset with is having threads hijacked by the same rants over and over again from the same people. If it doesn't bother you then you are either part of the problem or have the patience of a saint. Judging from your posts maybe you should change your name to St. Jloome.

mclaren
08-20-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm hardly a Saint, MLR. But the reality is that, just as with a tv remote, there's an ignore button that already filters out that crap. A public forum shouldn't take the risk of stifling free expression for such an unnecessary reason when the tools already exist to deal with it.

As for me appearing like a saint by not taking some of those people on...it's because I don't see their posts. My ignore list is probably longer than most.;)

Fully agree. If you don't like it, just ignore it. It's really not that difficult folks. If you don't agree with someone, challenge them intellectually with a debate. Don't scream to mum and dad.

JDG
08-20-2008, 03:43 PM

Dumb idea, end of story.

Free speech is an absolute right in the USA, according to their constitution.
This is not the case in Canada. In Canada there are no guarantees of free speech, in fact the only laws pertaining to speech that I'm aware of, pertain to the same issues we try to eliminate here.
Hateful, defamatory, and slanderous speech is punishable by law in this country. Canada is not the champion of free speech, that title goes to our neighbours to the south, but unfortunately, many here in Canada get their understanding of rights from American television rather than our own Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Maple Leaf Red
08-20-2008, 03:45 PM

My Ignore button can't keep up with things!

boban
08-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Free speech is an absolute right in the USA, according to their constitution.
This is not the case in Canada. In Canada there are no guarantees of free speech, in fact the only laws pertaining to speech that I'm aware of, pertain to the same issues we try to eliminate here.
Hateful, defamatory, and slanderous speech is punishable by law in this country. Canada is not the champion of free speech, that title goes to our neighbours to the south, but unfortunately, many here in Canada get their understanding of rights from American television rather than our own Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
I am no lawyer, but you may want to recheck that.
Sec. 2 Subsection B :
freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/#libertes

Jack
08-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Well...people can certainly express whatever they like and I would not stop them from doing so.

But when they post it on a forum I own (or one owned by a group I represent administered by me, in this case) then it's not about "speech" at all.

You are posting information, "publishing" it so to speak. The administration of the forum doesn't have to guarantee you the right to publish whatever you want.

boban
08-20-2008, 04:13 PM
You are posting information, "publishing" it so to speak. The administration of the forum doesn't have to guarantee you the right to publish whatever you want.
You are correct. The Charter does that.
You do though have to abide by the rules set out by it. ;)

trane
08-20-2008, 04:14 PM
If people have such strong feelings about the supposed limitations on their free speech, perhaps it is time to make this board, RPB only. Therefore anyone who post will have to keep within the rules dictated by RPB leadership.

boban
08-20-2008, 04:27 PM
^^^ Oh i don't give a fuck about the free speech argument. Just pointing out that it ain't so one sided as some RPB's seem to think it is.
My contention is the precedent this sets and how one sided these discussions will be when you can't express displeasure. This board is a vice for some. I just don't get too worked up about what people write. So someone thinks Mo and Carver suck. Who cares. And if they mention it over and over again, who cares. Its their opinion. Just like listening to someone write over and over again that Mo is great. That is equally irritating to read, but you don't banish them to a thread where they are out of the loop to the central thread and topic being discussed. And how constructive is that discussion then? People .... can't we all just along? :)

Draracle
08-20-2008, 04:32 PM
holy crap! the complaining thread is actually interesting!

Derko
08-20-2008, 04:36 PM
This is a very good thread for those whom feel the need to complain, leave it in one trash bin, and leave the other threads for constructive and intuitive discussion.

Thank-you

jloome
08-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Well...people can certainly express whatever they like and I would not stop them from doing so.

But when they post it on a forum I own (or one owned by a group I represent administered by me, in this case) then it's not about "speech" at all.

Unless it offends the rules under which you established their membership it does. Private clubs are subject to the same rules regarding charter infringement in Canada as public forums, which is how they can so easily ban smoking due to the risk from second hand smoke, even at private clubs where the members all smoke.

So as long as you've okayed their participation and haven't changed -- and had them acquiesce to -- the rules, sorry bud, but you do have to respect people's charter rights.

Having said that, the definitions of what could constitute infractions could be pretty legally broad, and anyone inclined to take on a challenge -- while potentially legally enticing -- would find picking up the tab for such a court battle not worth the effort. And it would have to be civil, as the authorities would never pursue a private forum owner for a charter breach, unless the public fallout was substantial.

And as someone in the newspaper biz, I can tell you legally it's not the same thing at all. You don't have to sign up to have access to a newspaper, and there's is no implied "membership" or public responsiblity.

trane
08-20-2008, 04:41 PM
^^^ Oh i don't give a fuck about the free speech argument. Just pointing out that it ain't so one sided as some RPB's seem to think it is.
My contention is the precedent this sets and how one sided these discussions will be when you can't express displeasure. This board is a vice for some. I just don't get too worked up about what people write. So someone thinks Mo and Carver suck. Who cares. And if they mention it over and over again, who cares. Its their opinion. Just like listening to someone write over and over again that Mo is great. That is equally irritating to read, but you don't banish them to a thread where they are out of the loop to the central thread and topic being discussed. And how constructive is that discussion then? People .... can't we all just along? :)

I was not talking about you. I am with you I get worked up, but it is just play, I take it with the proverbial grain of salt, but when you start talking about free speech, then it makes me think it may not be worth the effort to keep this open.

trane
08-20-2008, 04:47 PM
I have a complaint Parkdale does not answer his questiosn fast enough. There shuold be a time frame in which we can expect answers.

ManUtd4ever
08-20-2008, 04:49 PM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/lensman67/wilma2.gif - " I hate this job! "

billyfly
08-20-2008, 08:57 PM
While I understand this thread is the product and result of continued foolishness by some users and members, I do have to say that its goal was somewhat off the mark.

Why?

Because its evident that no one can agree what is constructive debate and name calling.

Other than that it's fascinating and quite a read! Onward fellows.

Red Skies At Night
08-20-2008, 09:31 PM
I wanna complain about my Mo, he said he's down with grass... and when I call him.. he got none and i'm jonesin'... he should be fired...

Jack
08-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Unless it offends the rules under which you established their membership it does. Private clubs are subject to the same rules regarding charter infringement in Canada as public forums, which is how they can so easily ban smoking due to the risk from second hand smoke, even at private clubs where the members all smoke.

So as long as you've okayed their participation and haven't changed -- and had them acquiesce to -- the rules, sorry bud, but you do have to respect people's charter rights.

Having said that, the definitions of what could constitute infractions could be pretty legally broad, and anyone inclined to take on a challenge -- while potentially legally enticing -- would find picking up the tab for such a court battle not worth the effort. And it would have to be civil, as the authorities would never pursue a private forum owner for a charter breach, unless the public fallout was substantial.

And as someone in the newspaper biz, I can tell you legally it's not the same thing at all. You don't have to sign up to have access to a newspaper, and there's is no implied "membership" or public responsiblity.

The thing is, what is acceptable or not acceptable to be posted is at the discretion of the administration of the forum. I don't have to host your comments here if I don't want to. I pay money on a monthly basis for hosting. I pay money for this software. I allow you to post out of the goodness of my heart, not because of any god-given right you may have (note that I use "I" here out of convenience and as a representative of the forum ownership).

Bottom line is, if you post something out of line according to the forum management, expect censorship.

If you don't like it, expect your forum membership to be revoked.

This isn't a question of charter rights. The ability to post here is a privelege, not a right.

Cambridge_Red
08-21-2008, 01:16 AM
I hate construction. Fucking 427

Maple Leaf Red
08-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Ditto. Fucking Lakeshore.

Bloor West FC
08-21-2008, 08:18 AM
I Hate F'in Streamers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrHawk
08-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Entire QEW Hamilton is on construction. A good chunk of it was reduced to one f'ing lane.

Took us 1 1/2 hours to get home from Gardiner (not including the bloody traffic by the CNE)

Roogsy
08-21-2008, 08:31 AM
In my opinion, this issue is not about free speech as much as it is the group's right to permit a person to remain a member or participant. There is no right as far as I am aware that demands a person have perpetual or continual membership in a private group that no longer wishes to have them. Access to a forum, club or any other private venture is up to the discretion of those in control of said organization and if they insist you leave, either a cyber forum or a physical personal property...then you have no legal standing to demand to remain.

And with most private clubs and in the case of forums on the internet, that permission is usually withdrawn if the person violates a rule of the forum/club or if their views differ from the stated goals of the organization.

In the case of free speech, if a person is not inhibited of pursuing his rights to express his opinion, there is nothing to say any private club or organization is under any obligation to facilitate that for them.

billyfly
08-21-2008, 10:06 AM

When in the name of all that is Holy will they finish the construction on that bridge to the QEW? To get out of work in Brampton to go home to High Park I have to take Tomken and then go east on Bloor just because of that thing!

Northern Soul
08-21-2008, 11:23 AM
The thing is, what is acceptable or not acceptable to be posted is at the discretion of the administration of the forum. I don't have to host your comments here if I don't want to. I pay money on a monthly basis for hosting. I pay money for this software. I allow you to post out of the goodness of my heart, not because of any god-given right you may have (note that I use "I" here out of convenience and as a representative of the forum ownership).

Bottom line is, if you post something out of line according to the forum management, expect censorship.

If you don't like it, expect your forum membership to be revoked.

This isn't a question of charter rights. The ability to post here is a privelege, not a right.

Exactly. If these people want to express these opinions, there are plenty of other places to do so (blogs, other message boards). And if they're that worked up about "free speech", they can start their own board. Nobody is preventing them from speaking freely.

Angelo1405
08-21-2008, 11:29 AM
I HATE SEEING KIDS IN FUTEBOL MATCHES. I HATE SEEING OBESE WOMEN AT MATCHES.

anything gos, im letting it all out...

Gobi
08-21-2008, 11:32 AM
^ Uh-oh... overweight little girls: watch out! He'll beat you with a stick! :)

MisterMacphisto
08-21-2008, 11:35 AM

I fucking hate it with the hot burning passion of a thousand suns. Fucking 2 1/2 hour drive home last night. I must of slapped my face a hundred times trying to stay awake. :mad:

MisterMacphisto
08-21-2008, 11:38 AM
IT shouldn't. Being private guarantees you nothing under the charter with respect to restricting the speech of people whom you've allowed access to you "private business." This place, once they've accepted someone's membership, is as vulnerable to civil action as anyone; the hedge you have, in terms of banning people, is that you have codes of conduct they've already agreed to that might, in some respects, limit free speech but do so for the purpose of civil responsibility.

:rolleyes:

Maybe you should actually read the fine print of this forums user agreement (Which, if you are posting here, you've agreed to):

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Red Patch Boys Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Red Patch Boys Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Red Patch Boys Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

---

GrimsbyTown
08-21-2008, 12:45 PM
I hate people who throw their cigarette butts all over the place.

Using a fucking garbage can you fucking lazy asses.

Do you not give a shit about anything or anyone?

Do you think that the half smoked butt you just squashed all over the sidewalk is just going to disintegrate?

Have some civic pride and stop littering.

Oh, and don't get me started on littering..... :taz:

:rant:

Jack
08-21-2008, 12:52 PM
:rolleyes:

Maybe you should actually read the fine print of this forums user agreement (Which, if you are posting here, you've agreed to):

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Red Patch Boys Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Red Patch Boys Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Red Patch Boys Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

---

Thanks MM.

mclaren
08-21-2008, 04:13 PM
wow, this complaints thread is mighty popular. maybe we should have a "happy comments" thread and see which gets the most views.

mclaren
08-21-2008, 04:15 PM

Do you think that the half smoked butt you just squashed all over the sidewalk is just going to disintegrate?

agreed. and loud, obnoxious people on streetcars who speak so loudly on their cellphones that everyone knows their social calendar by the end of the journey. can't people speak quietly these days?

neuf
08-22-2008, 11:13 AM

Throwing burning embers into a garbage can might not be the smartest thing to do.

summer sunrise
08-22-2008, 11:25 AM

Thank you.

I would also like to point out that "would have" does not turn into "would of" but "would've". That particular mistake annoys me more than "their" and "they're".

Ossington Mental Youth
08-22-2008, 11:56 AM
I fucking hate when people do formations with people playing completely out of position. Are they even watching the games? Do they have a fundamental understanding of football positions? They do realize that Carver has barely switched from 4-4-2/4-5-1 formation right? And that when a player is played out of position its a result of necessity as opposed to the player has the actual capabilities to play their regularly. (IE Wynne as a winger)

NateDoGG
08-22-2008, 12:47 PM
john "blame it on the refs" carver, shows lots of passion, but lacks class.

Carts
08-22-2008, 12:56 PM
I have to work on Sept 7th, therefor I can't go to the Canada/Honduras game on September 6th...

BITCH, MOAN, GROAN, GROWL, COMPLAIN...

I don't feel better...
Beer me... :(

Carts...

GrimsbyTown
08-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Throwing burning embers into a garbage can might not be the smartest thing to do.

Yes. Any genius would understand that. BUT, that does NOT mean throw it out the window, or squash it on the sidewalk and leave it, or throw it onto someones lawn etc...

When you are done the smoke knock the "tobacco" if you can call it that out of the rest of the smoke and throw the butt in the garbage.

I smoked for 10 years and for the last few I never once threw a butt anywhere other than the garbage.

Where there's a will there's a way dude.

:)

MrHawk
08-22-2008, 01:26 PM
I try to carry a low empty bottle of water.

esp in some areas where they really frown upon littering cigarettes

GrimsbyTown
08-22-2008, 01:36 PM
I try to carry a low empty bottle of water.

esp in some areas where they really frown upon littering cigarettes

That works great, although it gets a bit raunchy sometimes...
A dark coloured bottle works best. And NEVER ever EVER make the mistake of getting your real water mixed up with the one with a butt or 2 floating around in the bottom. :puke:

If I was walking around, or going to the game, I'd carry a ziploc in one of my cargo pockets and keep them in there.

Its possible to do without reeking like an ashtray too.

MrHawk
08-22-2008, 01:41 PM
I just throw the bottle out after a few times of usage or just empty it and fill it with water from a bathroom tap.

other than that, my sister has a butt stop which she uses.

RedLion
08-22-2008, 08:49 PM

STOP! Grammar Time!

Possessive

Contractions

Plural

Cats like cheeseburgers.
I downed six pints.

Etc.

Ha ha ha! I love Gobi!

Classic.

ginkster88
08-23-2008, 03:17 AM

I scared myself recently when I got hung up on this spelling. Moving from real books to teh internetz will really screw up your grammar.

eustacchio
08-23-2008, 07:25 AM

Templates don't seem to matter where I work. (I edit marketing documents for a large, Canadian retailer.) I get "sentences" like, bamboo is such a great material in so many directions and poor weather = poor sales. Then, after I've finely deciphered a document's meaning and have sent the "author" - we actually use the term author - a proof, I am told that it was perfect the way it was. It had already been approved by the president and his mother. So, going forward, I will have to leverage my learnings to create more impactful documents with a higher visibility to functionalities.

Whenever someone asks me how work is going, all I can ever say is:

The cheques get deposited.