PDA

View Full Version : Last Two Weeks Have Been Huge For Tfc!

TicTacTabarnack
08-19-2008, 09:47 PM
OK ... If this all falls into place this would be CRAZY!

1) Signing Johann Smith (who looked solid in his first outing!)
2) Edu sold for $5M (We wish him the very best overseas!)
3) Proceeds from Edu's sale is going towards $500k Allocation, REAL GRASS, a Training Facility and boosting the Academy
4) Waiving Laurent Robert who's been fading as of late.
5) Signing Carlos Ruiz who wants to play with Guevera! (Imagine Ruiz, Guevera and Johann Smith connecting with each other!)

HUGE!!! I'm actually starting to see a glimmer of light in our future!

I'm praying that this team turns around and makes the playoffs (very slim chance - but I will always hope) ... However, I can see that we're finally getting the signings to build a solid team and MoJo has promised a DP by next year! We're definitely making the playoffs if not winning it next year!

Who else is as excited as I am right now? I think this is just all GOOD news!

giambac
08-19-2008, 09:52 PM
OK ... If this all falls into place this would be CRAZY!

1) Signing Johann Smith (who looked solid in his first outing!)
2) Edu sold for $5M (We wish him the very best overseas!)
3) Proceeds from Edu's sale is going towards $500k Allocation, REAL GRASS, a Training Facility and boosting the Academy
4) Waiving Laurent Robert who's been fading as of late.
5) Signing Carlos Ruiz who wants to play with Guevera! (Imagine Ruiz, Guevera and Johann Smith connecting with each other!)

HUGE!!! I'm actually starting to see a glimmer of light in our future!

I'm praying that this team turns around and makes the playoffs (very slim chance - but I will always hope) ... However, I can see that we're finally getting the signings to build a solid team and MoJo has promised a DP by next year! We're definitely making the playoffs if not winning it next year!

Who else is as excited as I am right now? I think this is just all GOOD news!

Get Real.

Wake up and smell the coffee. This team needs alot of re tooling before they can contend.

their main goal should be not to finish last in the league this year. The way they are palying SJ may get ahead of them.

FluSH
08-19-2008, 09:57 PM
I like all of your points except for Ruiz... it's going to be extremely hard to like someone you hated so much!

FluSH
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Get Real.

Wake up and smell the coffee. This team needs alot of re tooling before they can contend.

their main goal should be not to finish last in the league this year. The way they are palying SJ may get ahead of them.

Well alot of re-tooling has happened... and I hope more continues..

TicTacTabarnack
08-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Get Real.

Coffee's set to auto-start at 7am tomorrow ... I'll let you know if I change my excitement in the morning, but all this in a short span of time is some serious re-tooling in my opinion.

TicTacTabarnack
08-19-2008, 10:03 PM
I like all of your points except for Ruiz... it's going to be extremely hard to like someone you hated so much!

I know ... I know ... But he's leaps and bounds ahead of Cunny and once he starts burying goals with Barrett our memories will be short.

RealG-TFC
08-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Ahh Ruiz is one of the players I hate the most in the World. If he scores a winner on his first outing, then I will be able to cope.

mclaren
08-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Let's hope it's not another false dawn.

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Get Real.

Fortunately, a lot of re-tooling happened today, and there is no doubt a lot more to be done between now and the beginning of next season.

As for this season, assuming all of these new players work out well, our playoff hopes may have been reingnited.

Mo has done good by me. He dropped both of our laziest players in a matter of two weeks, and managed to bring in a few promising newcomers.

I would say I am hopeful again.

- Scott