PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Forum: They have no idea about Edu!

Lucky Strike
08-19-2008, 08:23 PM
http://www.dothebouncy.com/

Just click on "forum" at the top.

There's very little information on him and the board itself seems to be very basic with very few insights on anything, actually. But about Edu, most say they know nothing of him, one guy thinks he'll tear the SPL up and another says he looks like a monster of a physical specimen that can boss people.

Of course we all know that's complete crap and that they're in for a surprise (of the bad variety). And scouting says they've seen him play for a little while now. I just don't get it... Have they seen something special or are they certified imbeciles who ought to be fired after this one?

Anyway, this is mostly an FYI, I always like to look at the other side.

LucaGol
08-19-2008, 08:26 PM
lol....this is like those times where you're pulling a practical joke on someone but have to hold in the laughter until the end.

Poor Gers.

Keegan
08-19-2008, 08:27 PM

There's very little information on him and the board itself seems to be very basic with very few insights on anything, actually. But about Edu, most say they know nothing of him, one guy thinks he'll tear the SPL up and another says he looks like a monster of a physical specimen that can boss people.

Of course we all know that's complete crap and that they're in for a surprise (of the bad variety). And scouting says they've seen him play for a little while now. I just don't get it... Have they seen something special or are they certified imbeciles who ought to be fired after this one?

Scouting? Bull shit. If they watched him for TFC he wouldn't be signing for Ayr United.

FCBarcelona
08-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Glasgowe Rangers are a second rate club in world of futebol not surprised they can only attrack second or third rate players.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-19-2008, 08:30 PM
i wonder if rangers supporters...will use the TFC Chant for EDU! :)

LucaGol
08-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Glasgowe Rangers are a second rate club in world of futebol not surprised they can only attrack second or third rate players.

Be prepared to defend yourself.....lol

BC101
08-19-2008, 08:35 PM
5cKp92Q2sgY

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-19-2008, 08:36 PM
5cKp92Q2sgY

does this mean there SHITE'R now?

FCBarcelona
08-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Be prepared to defend yourself.....lol

Futebol in Scotland is very poor league with two clubs running the league, people through europa now Scotland is very very poor league.
I lives in Edinburgh for sevearl years got a taste on whats goes on there, glad im Barca !:D

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-19-2008, 08:39 PM
I was in converstaion with a person who was involved in bringing VILLA last season to play TFC...earlier in the year....he said there was talk about rangers playing TFC this season..but it was called off due to sheduling conflicts....

Interesting to see if the gers ake the trip over next season

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Futebol in Scotland is very poor league with two clubs running the league, people through europa now Scotland is very very poor league.
I lives in Edinburgh for sevearl years got a taste on whats goes on there, glad im Barca !:D

The EPL has four teams running it, and Primera Division has 3-4 clubs running it.

Though I agree the quality of football is much lower in SPL on the whole.

- Scott

BC101
08-19-2008, 08:47 PM
5cKp92Q2sgY

Sonny Cheeba
08-19-2008, 08:55 PM
when do huns ever have an idea about anything anyways. hahahah

IT'S A JOKE! i bet they're steaming away anyways.

BC101
08-19-2008, 08:56 PM
when do huns ever have an idea about anything anyways. hahahah

IT'S A JOKE! i bet they're steaming away anyways.
bApoeE2anaI

Torcida
08-19-2008, 08:57 PM
So.. your a gloryhunter.

BC101
08-19-2008, 08:58 PM
LOL Not much glory to hunt with Barca.

billygrieveuk
08-19-2008, 09:32 PM

Nice comment from a guy who probably picked a frickin name from a hat to find out who his team is.....
you know nothing of them.:iamwithstupid:

LucaGol
08-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Nice comment from a guy who probably picked a frickin name from a hat to find out who his team is.....
you know nothing of them.:iamwithstupid:

To be fair, you're probably categorizing about 50% of the people who follow soccer.

Sonny Cheeba
08-19-2008, 09:46 PM
To be fair, you're probably categorizing about 50% of the people who follow soccer.

do you mean in north america or in general.

i find most people have some influence as to a team, whether it be a friend or family member. the odd person will say "i guess i like man u, i really like paul ince" or something stupid like that, or "i like ronaldo he's cute" but they're not really supporters.

LucaGol
08-19-2008, 09:51 PM
do you mean in north america or in general.

i find most people have some influence as to a team, whether it be a friend or family member. the odd person will say "i guess i like man u, i really like paul ince" or something stupid like that, or "i like ronaldo he's cute" but they're not really supporters.

I dunno, maybe your being naive, maybe Im generalizing too much myself...who knows...but it seems about right.

Probably more so outside of Europe. All eyes are on Europe. Even in South America Im sure people support teams with whom they have no attachment.

Sonny Cheeba
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
i get what you're saying. but from the people that i know who watch football support teams for all kinds of reasons. like their best friend got them into a team. they saw an FA cup final in the 70s.... their boyfriend supported a team (yeah sounds stupid, but girlfriends can often become interested in what you do, and vise versa).

i do agree, when you get away from the country of origin of the league or whatever, it becomes about supporting fewer and fewer teams.

even now, next generation fans are supporting other teams. like people in dundee supporting celtic because supporting dundee fc like their parents is not as easy.

it goes both ways. 50% seems high. to say that, i'd say you end up having to distinguish between supporters and casual observers.

boban
08-19-2008, 11:12 PM
I was in converstaion with a person who was involved in bringing VILLA last season to play TFC...earlier in the year....he said there was talk about rangers playing TFC this season..but it was called off due to sheduling conflicts....

Interesting to see if the gers ake the trip over next season
Rangers were here 3 years and played on plastic. Lost mind you when they came here...

james
08-20-2008, 12:58 AM

you sound like a glory hunter.....and this is a TFC supports site, if you do support TFC then what do you really think MLS teams are, top flight clubs??????? Rangers and Celtic are much better quality then MLS clubs. Not that i care tho, i still support TFC!

james
08-20-2008, 01:10 AM
i deffinitly say majority of people in this country support teams like Manchester United, Liverpool or Arsenal because they are the teams that are on TV the most and talked about most and because they deffinitly are dominant clubs. So for many new fans these clubs are the only clubs they know about Soccer. Then other fans (like me) follow clubs who your dad or uncles support.

But you would be suprised that even in England the top 4 big clubs tend to have many band wagon jumpers all over the country and even tho they may have no roots to the actual cities they claim to be dedicated supporters. (of course its alot easier supporting clubs that win a shit load of matches). Chelsea would be the best example, in the 90's Chelsea didn't have nearly as manyfans as they have today, exspecially not outside of England. Now that they are a top club and spend hundreds of millions of dollars you see Chelsea jerseys all the time even in Canada.

Cashcleaner
08-20-2008, 01:16 AM

Wow, there's a lot of you guys coming out of the woodwork now, isn't there?

If you had any real grasp of international soccer, you'd realise either Ranger or Celtic would likely blow Toronto FC outta the water in a match that mattered. For that matter, Hibs or Hearts would probably put up a close fight as well. But I guess if it's not a club that everyone and their mom talks about, you probably don't pay attention.

james
08-20-2008, 01:26 AM
Wow, there's a lot of you guys coming out of the woodwork now, isn't there?

If you had any real grasp of international soccer, you'd realise either Ranger or Celtic would likely blow Toronto FC outta the water in a match that mattered. For that matter, Hibs or Hearts would probably put up a close fight as well. But I guess if it's not a club that everyone and their mom talks about, you probably don't pay attention.

Many other Soccer leagues also have only a few top clubs while the rest of the league is well behind......just look at Croatia, Serbia, Denmark, Turkery, portugal and others.

Celtic and Rangers would dominate MLS and 1 big reason being they spend way more $$$ then MLS clubs do. Even Hearts and Hibs spend much more money on players. I hate to say it but overall it comes down to what clubs spend more money. And its hard for MLS clubs to really compete when we only can spend what $3 million on players? But with that said i dont mind supporting smaller clubs with less money.

Flipityflu
08-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Ummmm...Edu is the football equivalent of a homosexual. No wonder no one in Glasgow knows him. Fuck Edu, i'm glad he's off the team. No heart motherfucker....

P.S. Fuck Mo, fire that coke motherfucker. I still love Robert... and you still have dickheads like Smith and Harmse on the team? You're a fucking muppet. Please resign.....or have a heart attack and die. Harsh? Maybe. Just fuck off then and fend off the deathwish.....

its post like this that make me want to leave. this place has become the meeting place of the retarded.

i think i'll go hang out somewhere else for a while.

maninb
08-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Ummmm...Edu is the football equivalent of a homosexual. No wonder no one in Glasgow knows him. Fuck Edu, i'm glad he's off the team. No heart motherfucker....

P.S. Fuck Mo, fire that coke motherfucker. I still love Robert... and you still have dickheads like Smith and Harmse on the team? You're a fucking muppet. Please resign.....or have a heart attack and die. Harsh? Maybe. Just fuck off then and fend off the deathwish.....

Sorry dude but Robert wore out his welcome with a brutal July & August..He can't even take a decent CORNER(75% which go out the other side for throw-ins)..He was meant to have a BRILLIANT left foot, but that was all hype, as he could NEVER get it on target..I so much wanted him to work out but you can't argue with the FACTS. An attacking midfielder making $340K and only ONE GOAL in 20+ games is entirely expendable.

Carter
08-20-2008, 07:50 AM
I believe a few brain cells just died after reading that comment..

please leave your kind is not welcome here.

Fort York Redcoat
08-20-2008, 08:00 AM

Wow
Got Banned Lately?

Scotland isn't the only league in the world that has a couple giants towering over the rest of the league. This just means they can compete with other giants in europe. Parity is not a goal in most other places in the world and I don't think those leagues suffer for it. It's just a different perception.

Sullivan
08-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Edu has limited knowledge about Ibrox. There will be no hiding or coddling for him. The Ibrox faithful will set him straight in short order.

He'll do ok once he makes the adjustment and commits to being the best professoinal footballer than he can be.

TFC-Tyler
08-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Edu isnt nearly as bad as any of you think, and is too good for our team obviously.

billygrieveuk
08-20-2008, 11:22 AM
sure, but you wont hear me giving my opinion on other teams....unless its Celtic..... :p

billygrieveuk
08-20-2008, 11:24 AM
interesting comment, so you would agree that the dutch league, portugese league, brazilian league, german league.....all second rate leagues...is this correct?

Pinkie
08-20-2008, 11:38 AM

HAHAHAHA NOMAD this is too true..why the fuck do we have players like harmse on the team that have done absolutely shit all...but ppl can shit all over robert.
but then again i'm kinda partial to begin with....

have fun with Edu Rangers....bet you he won't start many games..

stretchthetruth
08-20-2008, 11:41 AM

uhhhh in Scotland its called "Fitba"... see the difference about Scottish football is that nobody in Scotland (that I know anyway,) makes airs about the quality of the game there outside of the Old Firm... However, much like MLS, its theirs and they love it anyway... not to mention the intensity of scottish supporters and the physicality of the game in SPL - its got its merits too.

stretchthetruth
08-20-2008, 11:44 AM
HAHAHAHA NOMAD this is too true..why the fuck do we have players like harmse on the team that have done absolutely shit all...but ppl can shit all over robert.
but then again i'm kinda partial to begin with....

have fun with Edu Rangers....bet you he won't start many games..

it might be because harmse has never been capped by France, or played for the likes of Newcastle, etc... he also doesnt make 300k... bigger expectations yield greater dissatisfaction with a player like Robert when he underachieves... no?

BC101
08-20-2008, 11:48 AM

Uhmmm Mods???? Inappropriate???? Coming from me you KNOW thats bad... iam not easily offended...... but thats just wow...

Bars92
08-20-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm glad Edu didn't go to that shitty team Celtic.

Phil
08-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Uhmmm Mods???? Inappropriate???? Coming from me you KNOW thats bad... iam not easily offended...... but thats just wow...

Issued infraction for that one, in total agreement.

Sonny Cheeba
08-20-2008, 01:04 PM
i deffinitly say majority of people in this country support teams like Manchester United, Liverpool or Arsenal because they are the teams that are on TV the most and talked about most and because they deffinitly are dominant clubs. So for many new fans these clubs are the only clubs they know about Soccer. Then other fans (like me) follow clubs who your dad or uncles support.

But you would be suprised that even in England the top 4 big clubs tend to have many band wagon jumpers all over the country and even tho they may have no roots to the actual cities they claim to be dedicated supporters. (of course its alot easier supporting clubs that win a shit load of matches). Chelsea would be the best example, in the 90's Chelsea didn't have nearly as manyfans as they have today, exspecially not outside of England. Now that they are a top club and spend hundreds of millions of dollars you see Chelsea jerseys all the time even in Canada.

yup i agree, TV plays a huge role in who's supported.

and i'm not surprised at how bandwagony it is over there.... it's fuckin horrible. it's like baseball in toronto, there are a ton of people on the boston and yankees bandwagon in this city.

Maple Leaf Red
08-20-2008, 01:45 PM
interesting comment, so you would agree that the dutch league, portugese league, brazilian league, german league.....all second rate leagues...is this correct?
To be fair, aside from the German league the ones that you listed are all second rate. I actually wouldn't even include Brazil there because to call their league second rate is an insult to second rate leagues the world over.

TFC-Tyler
08-20-2008, 02:35 PM
it might be because harmse has never been capped by France, or played for the likes of Newcastle, etc... he also doesnt make 300k... bigger expectations yield greater dissatisfaction with a player like Robert when he underachieves... no?
Exactly, but you're talking to a french person, speak slowly, loudly and dont bring any sharp objects.

trane
08-20-2008, 02:47 PM

How many goals did Barca score on the Rangers in Galsgow last year? They must have just destroyed them.

billygrieveuk
08-20-2008, 02:55 PM
My point is this. To call a team who holds a world record for most league wins for a professional team, and have recently been o a UEFA cup final...second rate....is foolish.

I find leagues like the SPL and MLS more interesting....
teams like Barca have deep pockets, they buy success.
teams like rangers earn it.
51 and counting.....

Maple Leaf Red
08-20-2008, 03:04 PM
My point is this. To call a team who holds a world record for most league wins for a professional team, and have recently been o a UEFA cup final...second rate....is foolish.

51 and counting.....
Ummmm fans of the other 18 SPL teams might want to disagree with that statement. Rangers and Celtic pretty much buy every title.

jloome
08-20-2008, 04:16 PM
And beyond that, they're second rate. They can't compete at Champion's League level regularly.

Of course, second rate in Europe is still pretty damn good, since MLS level is about eighth- or ninth-rate.

Ontario Arab
08-20-2008, 06:16 PM

In case you are not old enough to remember heres something enlightning for you........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MPGq9hJG2U

Huginho
08-20-2008, 06:24 PM

you don't much about edu either appearently.

Shakes McQueen
08-20-2008, 06:29 PM

I personally became an Arsenal fan, primarily because of Arsene Wenger's managerial philosophy. I love that he seems to discover endless talent for next to nothing, turn them into stars, and then sell them for exponentially more than he paid, to clubs like Real Madrid or AC Milan.

This transfer season was a another great example of why I like Arsenal. Rather than dropping ridiculous bids on players like Kaka (Chelsea), fighting over the services over Ronaldo (Madrid, Man U), or even fighting with his own players who were demanding raises (Adebayor) - Wenger laid low, and signed some good young players at reasonable prices, while more players like Hleb and Gilberto went off to collect their pay days.

And despite this, they will still be competing for the EPL title this year.

I think Wenger is one of the few managers on the planet who actually makes a profit for his club on transfer fees. :D

- Scott

Lucky Strike
08-20-2008, 06:35 PM
you don't much about edu either appearently.

Huh? :noidea:

elmo
08-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Maybe Edu can help Rangers qualify for Champions League......oh wait they already got knocked out by Lithuania’s FBK Kaunas. Ouch!

Bars92
08-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Maybe Edu can help Rangers qualify for Champions League......oh wait they already got knocked out by Lithuania’s FBK Kaunas. Ouch!

Well at least he'll have future opportunities to play in Champions League rather than the Canadian nutralite championship.

McHaggis
08-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Ummmm fans of the other 18 SPL teams might want to disagree with that statement. Rangers and Celtic pretty much buy every title.

Last time I checked, there were 12 teams in the SPL. The Old Firm haven't spent BIG(as in EPL level spending) money on players in quite a few years now. Rangers, in particular, have often relied on free transfers in acquiring new players.

Shakes McQueen
08-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Last time I checked, there were 12 teams in the SPL. The Old Firm haven't spent BIG(as in EPL level spending) money on players in quite a few years now. Rangers, in particular, have often relied on free transfers in acquiring new players.

To be fair, you don't have to spend overly big when your financial competition is Dundee and Hibernian. :D

- Scott

Cashcleaner
08-21-2008, 12:01 AM

To a point. We know that a lot of the money coming in has to do with the background of the two clubs and not so much the level of play itself. Rangers and Celtic get a lot of money for being fielding good teams that win league titles, but they also get a lot of money for the obvious historical connections as well.

Sab0tage
08-21-2008, 12:31 AM
yup i agree, TV plays a huge role in who's supported.

and i'm not surprised at how bandwagony it is over there.... it's fuckin horrible. it's like baseball in toronto, there are a ton of people on the boston and yankees bandwagon in this city. TV plays a huge role for some people. I support Reading, even last year when we were in the EPL there were like five live games all year with Reading. Now we're in the Championship and we'll probably have 1-2 live games this year in Canada if I'm lucky. I'm waking up this Saturday at 7:30 so I can watch them play live. When they get into the sport they have no idea who to support, so it makes it convenient that it's always the same clubs on TV so they typically choose a winning club that is always on. Some people are too shallow to support a different club that doesn't win trophies so they go pick clubs like Chelsea and Man United. People over here are just too afraid to support a club that no one else does or that doesn't win. I'd rather support my family's side over a club that wins solely because their good, anyday.

bhoybobby
08-21-2008, 04:21 AM

Fuck off, they're 3rd rate at best.lol

bhoybobby
08-21-2008, 04:22 AM
Well at least he'll have future opportunities to play in Champions League rather than the Canadian nutralite championship.

I thought he went to Rangers, not the championees

Steve-Tor
08-21-2008, 07:00 AM

Don't bite mate.

The mopes are everywhere.

Keep them to their limited happiness.

felipe
08-21-2008, 10:31 AM
ummm...dundee is in the first divison...(since we're busy correcting people).

I 'firm'ly believe that most MLS teams would struggle against relegation in the SPL. I love watching it on tv. Some of those 'challenges'..winces.

MLS is pratically unwatchable after watching the EPL in the morning...

Back on topic...once Edu gets his act back together he will be a fine player. He will be given a role @ Rangers and taught how to fill it; instead of trying to do everything at once as he tried for us.

Hes a great athlete, and smart...he just needs some direction and pressure.

Milton_Arab
08-21-2008, 10:35 AM

51 and counting.....

WOW, just wow. rangers earned their league wins?? barca have deep pockets?? the ONLY reason rangers have won 51 league titles is, like their twin sister, they are the richest team in scotland. they have bought all their league titles. they buy the more promising young players from the other teams in the league and ensure that no other teams can challenge the gruesome twosome. not only that but the officals are completely biased in favour of the infirm. no offence but this is the dumbest comment i have ever seen on this site. rangers haven't earned anything, they have bought it all. you are just upset that your team is a diddy team where it matters to huns, in europe.

wisnae me
08-21-2008, 03:16 PM
you are just upset that your team is a diddy team

Guess you Arabs know all about supporting diddy teams (and playing for diddy cups).

Milton_Arab
08-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Guess you Arabs know all about supporting diddy teams (and playing for diddy cups).

so the uefa cup final is a diddy cup now?

wisnae me
08-21-2008, 05:48 PM

The not quite good enough for the real Euro final cup.

Even more daft next year with Intertoto being merged into the qualifying rounds.

LucaGol
08-21-2008, 05:50 PM

Wow, have fun getting knocked out in the first round.

Phil
08-21-2008, 05:54 PM
I think this thread is off the rails, please take the discussion into the International Football area.