PDA

View Full Version : Mo Doesn't Get It

TFC USA
08-19-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm f'ing pissed that Paul McVeigh got signed [EDIT: He's on trial, but he shouldn't have even gotten a chance.] (as well as Carlos Ruiz getting a job here, but McVeigh pissed me off more).

Ruiz, he can make a name for himself, and maybe he'll dive in the penalty area and TFC may actually score on a penalty.

Paul McVeigh is Jeff Cunningham all over again. But wait! He played with Norwich City and Luton Town.

Why does MoJo think that Championship (or lower) 30 somethings are the answers to TFC's immediate problem, and that is making the playoffs?

Why are we getting 2 more forwards when what we have now is okay and our midfield is lacking?

But McVeigh played in England, so that makes him legit.

If TFC blows it down the stretch, keep Carver, fire Mo. As long as his attitude is <s>"English players are the best no matter how good they are."</s> EDIT: As long as we keep going after League 1 stiffs, we're done.

CanuckPete
08-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Isn't McVeigh only on trial at this point?

Lucky Strike
08-19-2008, 07:07 PM
^Yeah. He hasn't signed.

TFC USA
08-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Isn't McVeigh only on trial at this point?

Yes, but you know how Mo is....he'll suck at the trials and still make it.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
Im thinking McVeigh..was CArvers addition...

arbogast
From the reports i've read, Mc Veigh's only on trial right now.

besides I don't see a line up of superstar strikers lined up at the gates of BMO who can't wait to play on our plastic pitch, do you?

arsenal
Where is the release that we signed McVeigh? And how can you compare this guy to Cunningham? McVeigh is a locker room cancer whose only ability was speed to run onto through/long balls (that he no longer has) and makes $200k plus while standing around with his hands on his hips??????

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm f'ing pissed that Paul McVeigh got signed (as well as Carlos Ruiz getting a job here, but McVeigh pissed me off more).

Ruiz, he can make a name for himself, and maybe he'll dive in the penalty area and TFC may actually score on a penalty.

Paul McVeigh is Jeff Cunningham all over again. But wait! He played with Norwich City and Luton Town.

Why does MoJo think that Championship (or lower) 30 somethings are the answers to TFC's immediate problem, and that is making the playoffs?

Why are we getting 2 more forwards when what we have now is okay and our midfield is lacking?

If TFC blows it down the stretch, keep Carver, fire Mo. As long as his attitude is "English players are the best no matter how good they are.", we're done.

Last i looked...we have one english player?:noidea:

Rudi
08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
If TFC blows it down the stretch, keep Carver, fire Mo. As long as his attitude is "English players are the best no matter how good they are.", we're done.

*Checks Ruiz's passport*

Hmmm....

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-19-2008, 07:11 PM
*Checks Ruiz's passport*

Hmmm....]

:D lol

Nuvinho
McVeigh's probably isn't coming here....how many players we have on trial, and how many do we actually sign.

Ruiz was the last forward for now (unless Dichio is done). We should get a midfielder (Tello), once Edu's thing is sorted out. If Andy Todd is coming (when Dunny is put on SEI)

bangersandmash
did anyone else hear that Carver won't let Marshall play for Jamaica tomorrow?

TFC USA
Last i looked...we have one english player?:noidea:

Dichio, Ricketts.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
Dichio, Ricketts.

oops 2! and not bad i must say!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-19-2008, 07:13 PM

carver has no say...international fifa rules state..a club must release players ! if fit!

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2008, 07:14 PM

Yeah, Carver said the stipulation was that if Marshall wasn't fit to play against New York on Sunday, then they weren't going to allow him to play in the WC qualifier.

Doesn't sound like he's in good enough condition to play anyways.

- Scott

TFC USA
08-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Sorry, it was quite a rant.

Now, here's what I'm saying.

No matter what nationality, Robert, when we tried to get Dickov and/or Huckerby, etc., it makes no sense to go for players who are 33-39 and are playing with teams like Norwich. Mo seems to think that's the only way to solve the problem.

bangersandmash
08-19-2008, 07:16 PM
sorry, just being an ass and looking for a way to point out we have non-english players. But, this is from the tfc Web site:

Tyrone Marshall is still recovering from a thigh strain and won't play for Jamaica against Canada at BMO Field tomorrow night. "I told Tyrone that if he wasn't fit for us on Sunday he wouldn't be available for the national team," said Carver. "He is progressing well and has started jogging now so we will assess him towards the end of the week and see if he is available for the weekend."

(apologies to Shakes who got in first with the explanation)

GhostPK
08-19-2008, 07:17 PM
carver has no say...international fifa rules state..a club must release players ! if fit!

In the Spanish Premire League, they hold players back (fit as a horse) from national teams. I believe the decision lies with the player, but clubs can make it very punishing if they do not want a player to leave.

Shakes McQueen
I'm f'ing pissed that Paul McVeigh got signed [EDIT: He's on trial, but he shouldn't have even gotten a chance.] (as well as Carlos Ruiz getting a job here, but McVeigh pissed me off more).

How does he "not deserve a chance"? I seriously think deriding Mo because they have a player you don't like ON TRIAL, is ridiculous.

We have had tons of players on trial, and we haven't signed the majority of them.

As for English players - we have two, and one of them isn't playing right now.

- Scott

James17930
Yeah, Carver said the stipulation was that if Marshall wasn't fit to play against New York on Sunday, then they weren't going to allow him to play in the WC qualifier.

Doesn't sound like he's in good enough condition to play anyways.

- Scott

Makes sense, but it is a FIFA match day, so if Marshall wanted to play they couldn't actually stop him.

But what they probably said was "if you play, you'll be on the bench when you get back."

arbogast

No matter what nationality, Robert, when we tried to get Dickov and/or Huckerby, etc., it makes no sense to go for players who are 33-39 and are playing with teams like Norwich. Mo seems to think that's the only way to solve the problem.

San Jose is unbeatten with Huckerby in the lineup cuz the dude has been on fire since coming to MLS, setting up and scoring goals. he would have been a big boost to our club

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2008, 07:20 PM

Signing older, unattached players is Mo's only option now, unless he is going to poach top-flight players from other MLS clubs (unlikely).

He specifically expressed his frustration about MLS not finalizing the Edu deal before the Olympics, so he could make some better deals before the transfer window closed.

The only players left now, are older players, and free agents. Within this limited framework, I assume he is trying to do what he can to shake things up. And despite these frustrating problems, he still managed to execute what could be a brilliant move, in bringing Johann Smith here.

- Scott

Draracle
08-19-2008, 07:21 PM
oops 2! and not bad i must say!

yeah, 2 guys... and a Welsh. Our players are from all over the world. As for McV, I don't know him. But it is a trial, not a signing.

greatwhitenorf
08-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Alright, it's now 8:30 pm and all you whiney 14 year olds need to get ready for bed. Big day tomorrow.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Alright, it's now 8:30 pm and all you whiney 14 year olds need to get ready for bed. Big day tomorrow.

:canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::c anada::canada::canada:

Phil
08-19-2008, 07:51 PM

For my money, TFC have proven that if you can't cut it in trial then you are not getting an offer. Lets sit tight and see what happens. The sky is not falling at this point.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-19-2008, 07:56 PM
For my money, TFC have proven that if you can't cut it in trial then you are not getting an offer. Lets sit tight and see what happens. The sky is not falling at this point.

yep, pretty much,
no sense in getting hysterical before anything happens for gods sake.

sully
08-19-2008, 07:58 PM
I think Mo's done really well...he's moved out Robert who wasn't doing it for us the last few months..brought in Johann Smith who show'd he can make a great contribution in the last game...brought in Ruiz who can make a real difference...got a few million for Edu that Mo wants to use to put grass in BMO and by virtue of that moved Argos closer to being an absolute non-starter at BMO.. why any complaints?

flatpicker
08-19-2008, 07:58 PM
can we change the title of this thread to:

TFC RANT #1465

???

Baggio2TFC
08-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I have to admit, I think MO has done an OK job here. After listening to him on Fan 590 today, I kinda felt bad for the guy. It sounds like he has really tried to do a number of things but due to MLS rules, the salary cap, and our plastic pitch, I think MO has done all he can. In bringing in Ruiz, I think he is sending us a message that, Yes, he is trying to improve the team, but his hands are somewhat tied.

LucaGol
08-19-2008, 08:18 PM
I have to admit, I think MO has done an OK job here. After listening to him on Fan 590 today, I kinda felt bad for the guy. It sounds like he has really tried to do a number of things but due to MLS rules, the salary cap, and our plastic pitch, I think MO has done all he can. In bringing in Ruiz, I think he is sending us a message that, Yes, he is trying to improve the team, but his hands are somewhat tied.

I don't think he's doing all you want him to do....;)

Il divino codino could be coaxed out of retirement...who knows.

Maple Leaf Red
08-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Don't bother trying to explain that to the baying mob. If it's not signing players it's taking too long to sign them or releasing them once they've failed or bringing in the wrong guys or bringing in the right guys but too slowly...

Baggio2TFC
08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
That would be the best thing ever, not to mention they can bring in Vialli, and Zola, both from EPL!!! ;)

mclaren
08-19-2008, 09:05 PM

Let's not make excuses for the guy - he has to play with the cards he's dealt. If he can't do it, time for someone else to try.

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Let's not make excuses for the guy - he has to play with the cards he's dealt. If he can't do it, time for someone else to try.

If a guy is on fire, you don't yell at him for not being able to put up with the heat - you stop the guy who is pouring gasoline on him.

- Scott

ag futbol
08-19-2008, 09:34 PM
If a guy is on fire, you don't yell at him for not being able to put up with the heat - you stop the guy who is pouring gasoline on him.

- Scott
More like you ask a guy to swim in a pool and he complains it's too wet.

Are we the only team in this league with turf? no
Are we the only team with a cap? no
Did Mo Johnston know these things years in advance? yes.
Did he also work for two other teams both of which had turf fields? yes

We're not as special or unique as management would like us to believe. I can't wait to see what the company line is for 2009.

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2008, 10:12 PM

We're not as special or unique as management would like us to believe. I can't wait to see what the company line is for 2009.

His major complaint on the radio today had to do with MLS dragging it's feet on the Edu transfer, until AFTER the transfer window was closed. That lack of allocation money severely tied his hands on deal making, and was NOT something he should have had the clairvoyance to see coming.

And you're right, he did know about the plastic pitch beforehand, and has done a pretty good job of bringing in good players in spite of it.

We aren't special, but we also still have problems that Mo has had to deal with. And as far as the radio show today, those were the only two issues he cited.

- Scott

mclaren
08-19-2008, 10:18 PM

Well said, enough with the excuses already. Until we as fans start demanding better, we should get used to a few years in the wilderness.

TheresOnlyOneDeGuzman
08-19-2008, 10:21 PM
I dont see why we've got mcveigh on trial. shouldn't carver already know him well enough from luton? to the OP, as much as you have a problem with it, the english third division is pretty damn close to the MLS and there are PLENTY of footballers in league 1 that would do very well in the MLS. mcveigh is actually a decent player and if anything, he will play as a winger, not a striker.

Smenge
08-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Mo will be fired for the same reasons he got booted out of New York....he is incompetent. Already, San Jose is a better club than toronto, and the new teams from Seattle and Philly will probably gain that distinction too, as long as bone heads like MO and Carver are in charge.

Blizzard
08-19-2008, 10:42 PM

Ya, Huckerby's really stinking the joint out in San Jose isn't he! :taz:

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Mo will be fired for the same reasons he got booted out of New York....he is incompetent. Already, San Jose is a better club than toronto, and the new teams from Seattle and Philly will probably gain that distinction too, as long as bone heads like MO and Carver are in charge.

San Jose is playing well because of the addition of Huckerby - the guy that Mo was going to sign, but couldn't, because of the turf. Remember him?

- Scott

ua-kozak_TFC
08-19-2008, 11:22 PM
His major complaint on the radio today had to do with MLS dragging it's feet on the Edu transfer, until AFTER the transfer window was closed. That lack of allocation money severely tied his hands on deal making, and was NOT something he should have had the clairvoyance to see coming.

And you're right, he did know about the plastic pitch beforehand, and has done a pretty good job of bringing in good players in spite of it.

We aren't special, but we also still have problems that Mo has had to deal with. And as far as the radio show today, those were the only two issues he cited.

- Scott
hahaha!!! Please name a few... those who can't score with 1 men up most of the game... i should not be even talking about scoring because it;s asking too much what about controlling them ball... with one men extra they played like they were one man down...

ua-kozak_TFC
08-19-2008, 11:27 PM
San Jose is playing well because of the addition of Huckerby - the guy that Mo was going to sign, but couldn't, because of the turf. Remember him?

- Scott
are you kidding me?? and lima and sealy and the rest of the deals that san jose made recently are there just for the picture right?

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2008, 11:28 PM
hahaha!!! Please name a few... those who can't score with 1 men up most of the game... i should not be even talking about scoring because it;s asking too much what about controlling them ball... with one men extra they played like they were one man down...

Ricketts, Guevara, Johann Smith.

The only real bust of a signing for Mo in his first year as GM, was Robert. Although even he showed glimmers of his old form at first, before he got lazy.

The problems at the RBNY game, were Jarrod Smith, Julius James, Marco Velez, and Laurent Robert made a few dumb mistakes. All reservists and rookies, except for Robert, who just got sacked himself today.

- Scott

McHaggis
08-19-2008, 11:34 PM
I think Mo's done really well...he's moved out Robert who wasn't doing it for us the last few months..brought in Johann Smith who show'd he can make a great contribution in the last game...brought in Ruiz who can make a real difference...got a few million for Edu that Mo wants to use to put grass in BMO and by virtue of that moved Argos closer to being an absolute non-starter at BMO.. why any complaints?

When you put it that way...:cool:

Dirk Diggler
08-19-2008, 11:52 PM

The only real bust of a signing for Mo in his first year as GM, was Robert. Although even he showed glimmers of his old form at first, before he got lazy.

The problems at the RBNY game, were Jarrod Smith, Julius James, Marco Velez, and Laurent Robert made a few dumb mistakes. All reservists and rookies, except for Robert, who just got sacked himself today.

- Scott

Seriously guys, give it a rest? The guy has played a grant total of ONE game for us (not even the full 90). I'm guessing you were one of those people declaring Andrea Lombardo the team's future superstar after he played his first game and somewhat impressed.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Paul McVeigh? That talent-bereft floater had better not be the new "big signing."

My problem isn't with the players Mo has brought in. It's the guys he hasn't brought in that are driving me nuts.

Shakes McQueen
08-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Seriously guys, give it a rest? The guy has played a grant total of ONE game for us (not even the full 90). I'm guessing you were one of those people declaring Andrea Lombardo the team's future superstar after he played his first game and somewhat impressed.

He was the lone bright spot of that entire match. And I'm not declaring anything. I'm saying that, TO DATE, Smith has been a pretty good signing.

If he turns to crap down the road, then so be it.

- Scott

Derko
08-20-2008, 01:19 AM
Wah!Wah!Wah!

Fuck-Off Cry-Babies, go back to playing Fifa 08 and make up your team of super-stars.

Signed fed-up wih the RPB Board Bullshit!!!

ua-kozak_TFC
08-20-2008, 07:47 AM

- Scott
hahaha!!!! lol you make me laugh...
ok guevara is shit!!!! he never does anything on the field as of late same as robert, i think he should have gotten releassed as well.... In the first couple of game he played for us he showed some promise but now his influence on the game is none excistant..
Rickets is a hog and all he cares about is making a name for himself and not improove the team... he's MO Edu #2 in cokyness level and sucks as much on the pitch... he;s got no brain just as edu lacks and always seems to want to pull off a maradona on everygame.
And Johan smith!!!! hahaha you made my day... you saw the guy play less than 40 minutes and you are willing to make a desicion of how good of a player he is.... with that criteria Robert shouldn;t have been released...
You have just named a few of the better tfc player but they suck comparing them to the rest of tthe league and are not enough to make the play offs...

And you all should realize that all of the afor mentioned player came almost mid season which shows that mo only makes desicions when shit hits the fan... like NOW

Steve
08-20-2008, 07:48 AM
It's obvious Mo is becoming VERY frustrated with the grass situation. I know we aren't the only team with that problem, but with the contacts that Mo and Carver have, it might just be a bigger issue for us. It's clear Mo has had multiple moves this year blocked by turf, which is why he has now publicly suggested we use the Edu money for grass (a complete turnaround from "Turf-defending Mo" we saw before).

poppamidnight
08-20-2008, 10:45 AM
while i agree, I dislike the McVeigh trail, im gunna word it a little different,

heres where my problem lies:

-Danny Dichio: He has to be shut down for the year... We're concerned about his well being, and i dont wanna risk a future (e.g. Eric Lindros) just to get a couple games outta him....

So without Danny, we have nobody up front thats good in the air......

-Chad is our 2nd tallest... and he sucks in the air,
-Ibbe is our tallest, but he isnt a starter right now(but should be an excellent sub)

so you bring in ruiz...
all 5 foot 9 of him....

dont get me wrong, i love Ruiz coming in,

But to target a 5 foot 6 McVeigh as well???

IMO our weakspot is the outlets not getting up front due to our inability to win balls in the air....

Get a big body in there to replace danny for the year!!!!

Only way i like McVeigh:
-Your going with 3 back, and 3 up front

Since thats not happening, yuck to him

Maple Leaf Red
08-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Wah!Wah!Wah!

Fuck-Off Cry-Babies, go back to playing Fifa 08 and make up your team of super-stars.

Signed fed-up wih the RPB Board Bullshit!!!

Ditto. There's a new thread stickied for most of you.

Shaughno
08-20-2008, 11:05 AM
IMO our weakspot is the outlets not getting up front due to our inability to win balls in the air....

Watch what Ruiz can do, regardless of how tall he is.

H Bomb
08-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Watch what Ruiz can do, regardless of how tall he is.

definitly. Julius is fantastic at winning headers and he's not a tall man. Ruiz has worlds of ability.

watch this from 30 seconds on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-mzkX71hg

Shaughno
08-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Exactly, heading is more about timing and knowledge of your team mates than it is height.

TFC Tifoso
08-20-2008, 11:17 AM
while i agree, I dislike the McVeigh trail, im gunna word it a little different,

heres where my problem lies:

-Danny Dichio: He has to be shut down for the year... We're concerned about his well being, and i dont wanna risk a future (e.g. Eric Lindros) just to get a couple games outta him....

So without Danny, we have nobody up front thats good in the air......

-Chad is our 2nd tallest... and he sucks in the air,
-Ibbe is our tallest, but he isnt a starter right now(but should be an excellent sub)

so you bring in ruiz...
all 5 foot 9 of him....

dont get me wrong, i love Ruiz coming in,

But to target a 5 foot 6 McVeigh as well???

Only way i like McVeigh:
-Your going with 3 back, and 3 up front

Since thats not happening, yuck to him

Or perhaps Carver can change his tactics to suit what he has now rather than be a stubborn mule, and try the same tired system with insuffucient personnel.....you know, do what a coach does or something like that.

invictusTFC
08-20-2008, 11:32 AM

This team is obviously struggling to bring in players so why insist on playing a system that doesn't really fit in with the personnel that we have. Why are we playing long balls? This team has to create its chances with short passes and movement off the ball.

TFC Tifoso
08-20-2008, 11:42 AM
This team is obviously struggling to bring in players so why insist on playing a system that doesn't really fit in with the personnel that we have. Why are we playing long balls? This team has to create its chances with short passes and movement off the ball.

Yes!...and despite all of TFC's shortcomings, the one thing they do have (and lots of it) is SPEED in the midfield (Ricketts, Guevara, and now Jo Smith if he starts?).....fuck, use it!....run AT defenders instead of sprinting 40 yards down the side just to cross it to the keeper.....no point in having wingers like that if the CB are jjst gonna hammer it upfield and give away possession.....with Dichio in, yes.....without.....fuck no!

poppamidnight
08-20-2008, 11:49 AM

Maybe cuz thats what Sutton,Brennan, Robbo do???

Why Why Why,

a good 80-90% of the time that Robbo decides to "whip it up there" he has someone open for the short pass....

it's not "the system" its the personall (specifically these constant "brain farts")

Our most consistant f-up ("robert boots it out") is gone, but im still worried about guys like Robbo, who frequently neglect the safe short-play (to Ricketts or Amado) for these 'long-bomb' prayers)

I've noticed sutton has been going to the short-ball more (a positive), but havent seen a change in Robbo

bangersandmash
08-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Already, San Jose is a better club than toronto,

but they sold their future to get good..er... mediocre quick. AFAIK they have

no first round draft pick next year (we hold theirs),
little depth,
no academy team
limited cap space
very few avenues for improvement outside of the trade.

If you look at clubs that are consistently good they build a solid, loyal core, keep teams together for years at a time and have a stable feeder system to bring fresh talent into the club. I don't see how San Jose has built or is building any of this. Even if they don't finish last this year they've set themselves up for dark times ahead by blowing out so many of their assets on Huckerby.

In short, I think that TFC is doing the right thing by building *a club* rather than building *a team.* It will serve us better in the years to come.

H Bomb
08-20-2008, 11:57 AM

Why Why Why,

a good 80-90% of the time that Robbo decides to "whip it up there" he has someone open for the short pass....

it's not "the system" its the personall (specifically these constant "brain farts")

Our most consistant f-up ("robert boots it out") is gone, but im still worried about guys like Robbo, who frequently neglect the safe short-play (to Ricketts or Amado) for these 'long-bomb' prayers)

I've noticed sutton has been going to the short-ball more (a positive), but havent seen a change in Robbo

Sorry man but i really have to disagree with you here. Robbo is always using the safe short pass out of the backfield. That's his game. A quick short pass to an attacking option. To say that he neglects the short safe pass doesn't make any sense to me as I see him doing it 90% of the time. If you noticed last week he was constantly looking wide left to Smith as he saw that he was making headway down that left side. Robbo is absolutely not a long bomb player.

Tintin
08-20-2008, 12:00 PM

Why Why Why,

I nominate you for Post of the Year. That is exactly why Ruiz ias a good think. Him and Guevara will play a dizzying passing and running style of game. Enough with the long balls. All I want from Robbo is to run, tackle, retreive the ball in the midfield and then make a sfe and short pass to a skilled Mid like Guevarra or Ricketts in ordre to cretae chances for Ruiz while Barret anoys the opposind D with his runs and aggression.

It seems simple to me!

poppamidnight
08-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Sorry man but i really have to disagree with you here. Robbo is always using the safe short pass out of the backfield. That's his game. A quick short pass to an attacking option. To say that he neglects the short safe pass doesn't make any sense to me as I see him doing it 90% of the time. If you noticed last week he was constantly looking wide left to Smith as he saw that he was making headway down that left side. Robbo is absolutely not a long bomb player.

hahah well we can agree to disagree....

Maybe my frustration with him exaggerated the number a little,
cuz he does make the short pass, your right...

In all honesty though, 1/3 of the time is a turnover/longball attempt from Robbo...

and by "longball" here i include his failed attempts at "whipping it wide"....

he DOES frequently attempt to swing it wide, but his accuracy in going cross-field to do so is often brutal....

While he may help with the abscence of the (lazy) robert (who's not running to the passes may explain more of Robbo's turnovers), BUT that doesnt explain when he whips the ball out of bounds - a good 20meters away from Ricketts....

Personally im looking for someone who does this maybe 1-2 times a game (to a player we all know will catch up to it),

Not the 5-10 we see out of Robbo....

You have to admit, it adds up to at least 7-10 mins of possession/game

Super
08-20-2008, 12:43 PM
There is one great advantage in signing English players, and that is the fact that they are not likely to be called up for international games. If we sign players from smaller nations, they are however more likely to get the call, and we see that with Guevara, Velez, etc.

Ricketts and Dichio are great players, and no way they are getting called up.

invictusTFC
08-20-2008, 12:51 PM

Robbo's problem is that his mid-range passing is horrible at best. Yes, his game is all about the short pass, but I cringe every time he attempts to make any pass over 5 yards. If he could develop that part of his game it would truly help this team. Our midfield does not do a very good job switching the point of attack. When was the last game that you remember seeing TFC totally spread out their opponent and exploiting the gaps that are created?

invictusTFC
08-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Ricketts and Dichio are great players, and no way they are getting called up.

If they were great players, they wouldn't be plying their trade here. Lets be honest with the players we have please. Ricketts is a decent player for this league, the fact that he got released by Barnsley demonstrates how much his stock has dropped across the pond. Dichio is a great character player who can still provide a timely goal, but he is at the very tail end of his career. Lets stop overvaluing the team that we have. Use words like serviceable, solid, decent, good or has potential... great doesn't apply to anyone here...