PDA

View Full Version : Edu traded for grass!

Richard D
08-19-2008, 06:50 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=246908&lid=sublink06&lpos=headlines_main

Who would have thought!

Keegan
08-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Mo is going to "try" key word.

Richard Peddle was laughing in his profits. Maurice brought in more money than the team has payed it's players in the first two years. He must be furious

SilverSamurai
08-19-2008, 06:58 PM
HAHA!
WTF? TSN is covering footy?!

GhostPK
08-19-2008, 07:01 PM
What people dont realize is that Mo just wants to stockpile his cronic supply....

arsenal
08-19-2008, 07:05 PM

Richard Peddle was laughing in his profits. Maurice brought in more money than the team has payed it's players in the first two years. He must be furious

Well considering the team has not spent a cent on salaries ... :)

gtaguy
08-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Edu took one for the entire city... If we get grass becuase of Edu's departure then i gonna call it Edu's real green... thanks buddy.. the city owes you a shitload .. next time your in town were going to give you the mayors job....

Nuvinho
08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Edu = grass = better players = goals = wins = trophies

bdrs
08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
If this happens...
the gift that keeps on giving!

Jack
08-19-2008, 07:12 PM

This money actually belongs to MLS with the stipulation that it be spent on Toronto FC.

marquis
08-19-2008, 07:17 PM
"We'll make a proposal to the (MLS) board in terms of can we put it towards a practice facility. Maybe a grass field, which I think is vital and important in moving forward. Then obviously the academy," Johnston told reporters.

I think it's a huge misunderstanding - he's talking about grass for the practice facility, not the main field...This matches perfectly what Richard Peddie stated a couple of weeks ago, that they're looking to add a grass practice field.

GhostPK
08-19-2008, 07:19 PM
"We'll make a proposal to the (MLS) board in terms of can we put it towards a practice facility. Maybe a grass field, which I think is vital and important in moving forward. Then obviously the academy," Johnston told reporters.

I think it's a huge misunderstanding - he's talking about grass for the practice facility, not the main field...This matches perfectly what Richard Peddie stated a couple of weeks ago, that they're looking to add a grass practice field.

Thats just stupid. Why practice on the good stuff and play on shit? IF this happens, anyone else want to set fire to MoJo's office?

marquis
08-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Thats just stupid. Why practice on the good stuff and play on shit? IF this happens, anyone else want to set fire to MoJo's office?
I agree, but I bet 20 bucks this is what he meant. I would set fire to MoJo's office anyway :)

Draracle
08-19-2008, 07:23 PM

you are wrong. He is adding a practice field AND trying to upgrade the main field. He talked about it quite extensively on Prime Time Sports today. And Gerry grilled him on it several times to ensure that Mo actually meant BMO Field.

King Tut
08-19-2008, 07:24 PM
What people dont realize is that Mo just wants to stockpile his cronic supply....
Yes that's true. Mo Johnston smokes major weed, tries to pick up other men's wives right infront of them, is an arrogant fuck and was driven out of Scotland...

Source: Scottish Celtic supporters we met in NYC. They say they have pictures of him that no1 has ever seen before. I can't wait to see those fucking pictures!

FUCK MO JOHNSTON!

greatwhitenorf
08-19-2008, 07:25 PM
No. Mo was quite clear when questioned by Gerry Dobson about the pitch during his FAN radio interview. He wants grass in the main stadium asap.

GhostPK
08-19-2008, 07:25 PM
I agree, but I bet 20 bucks this is what he meant. I would set fire to MoJo's office anyway :)

I would tend to think that MoJo was talking about potential grass for BMO since key players he would have wanted to sign would have said "Play footy on a slip and slide tarp? No thanks." Something THAT simple would make me frusterated

Hustle
08-19-2008, 07:30 PM
^Yep, It is kinda cryptic. Did he mean a real grass practice facility? I bet he did, which sucks, but is a start. Someone from TFC should clarify what he meant before it gets blown out of proportion here.

edit: Good to see Mo was clear. Anyone have a link to that interview?

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Yes that's true. Mo Johnston smokes major weed, tries to pick up other men's wives right infront of them, is an arrogant fuck and was driven out of Scotland...

Source: Scottish Celtic supporters we met in NYC. They say they have pictures of him that no1 has ever seen before. I can't wait to see those fucking pictures!

FUCK MO JOHNSTON!

Well, at least you aren't informing your opinion based on complete hearsay from some randow folks you encountered in the United States.

Flame on.

- Scott

loconet
08-19-2008, 07:37 PM
If Edu leaving means grass for us I think a new chant for Edu is in order lol

ensco
08-19-2008, 07:38 PM
This is maybe the greatest day in TFC history

LucaGol
08-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Don't f*ck with us..........give us grass please...omg please.

I wanna see freshly cut grass every saturday with quality players playing on it.

James17930
08-19-2008, 07:41 PM
This is maybe the greatest day in TFC history

Which, of course, means the universe :D

Draracle
08-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Don't f*ck with us..........give us grass please...omg please.

I wanna see freshly cut grass every saturday with quality players playing on it.

I can smell it... mmmmmmmmm

marquis
No. Mo was quite clear when questioned by Gerry Dobson about the pitch during his FAN radio interview. He wants grass in the main stadium asap.

OK, I'm probably wrong, then. That's good, though - up until now, grass was a tabu subject. If it's starting to be mentioned, maybe it's a good chance to happen!

GhostPK
If Edu leaving means grass for us I think a new chant for Edu is in order lol

Na na na na
Na na na na
We got grass
For EDU!!!!

:D:noidea:

loconet
08-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Na na na na
Na na na na
We got grass
For EDU!!!!

I'm liking that! :D

Would Mo Jo's image be elevated as well? .. fawk, if he gets us grass I'm willing to forgive a lot of other mistakes..

summer sunrise
08-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Na na na na
Na na na na
We got grass
For EDU!!!!

I would totally chant that lol :D

kitchener-TFC
08-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Is it just me, or does getting a grass practice pitch seem stupid, considering we'll be playing on turf?

flatpicker
08-19-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm liking that! :D

Would Mo Jo's image be elevated as well? .. fawk, if he gets us grass I'm willing to forgive a lot of other mistakes..

If he gets us grass then we will probably just forget everything anyways do to short term memory loss.

FluSH
08-19-2008, 08:11 PM

FUCK MO JOHNSTON!

LAWL

We met a guy at my work that knew Mo Johnston for a good portion of his soccer playing life... and he also has pictures...

Mo is gangsterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

LucaGol
08-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Plus if we get grass we can throw flares onto the field without the pitch burning or fear of reprisal.

j/k

FluSH
08-19-2008, 09:55 PM
So when is the grass coming?! =)

Toronto Ruffrider
08-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Edu for grass = a good trade. If we get grass, we will have to thank Edu in the future for every decent player that signs for us!

Mrs. Workie
08-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Mo Johnston, director of football for Toronto FC, said Tuesday he may try to use his club's share of Edu's US$5-million transfer fee to replace the FieldTurf at BMO Field with natural grass.

May and Try were the words used. While I'm as excited as the next guy about this possibility, I'll believe it when I see it.

ensco
08-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Mo may be really out on a limb on this.

Remember how cagey Peddie has been about the Argos at BMO? This issue is closely tied to it. Without Mo putting it out there like this, the MLSE suits would probably study this for 10 years before deciding what to do.

He's saying "I drafted a guy that made you $3 million, now get me grass"

I'm not an RPB leader but I think the supporters need to somehow get behind Mo here. Chants, banners etc. The suits need to see how big a deal this is to us. I would make a meaningful contribution

Pretty soon it'll come down to Mayor Miller - here's hoping his love for the team means something. I think it does.

Also..........

Hallelujah!!!

Fort York Redcoat
08-20-2008, 07:06 AM
Mo, Mo, Super Mo!

The Oz
08-20-2008, 08:12 AM
They said in the article that they would need to create the practice facility IF they got grass for BMO cause part of the deal was to have a place that they could use year round. If there's grass on BMO, I don't think it will be used in the winter so they need the practice facility for other stuff.

stugautz
08-20-2008, 08:22 AM
Oh...we're talking about the grass we play on...when I read the article, I thought it was the OTHER type of grass

Davenport
08-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Grass for Edu ?.........Rangers were robbed.

TFC Fan
08-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Mo should not have been so cheap and have sold EDU last year, put in grass this year and this weekend we would be watching Ronnie and Huckerby lead TFC to a 4-0 victory over NE.

It's been hard watching the last couple San Jose games and seeing the flow of that offence.

Davenport
08-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Mo should not have been so cheap and have sold EDU last year, put in grass this year and this weekend we would be watching Ronnie and Huckerby lead TFC to a 4-0 victory over NE.

It's been hard watching the last couple San Jose games and seeing the flow of that offence.

The surface is the one thing that Johnston can't be blamed for. It should never have been artificial to start with.

invictusTFC
08-20-2008, 09:35 AM
With the money they received from this transfer they can afford to get grass, and maybe build an indoor facility for the city to use during the winter. For example they can revamp lamport stadium. They already have the dome that they used for BMO this past winter. They can use the existing BMO field turf at Lamport thereby upgrading the oversized area rug they have there now. There is a compromise here that involves relatively little cost.

Fort York Redcoat
08-20-2008, 09:49 AM
It would be nice for the team to not spread the facilities all over T.O. Hope it goes forward.

Richard D
08-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Imagine what an indoor facility would look like that looks cheaper than BMO field... lol

Technorgasm
08-20-2008, 12:56 PM
May and Try were the words used. While I'm as excited as the next guy about this possibility, I'll believe it when I see it.

If the club was to replace the stadium turf, it would need to build a nearby practice facility with turf to meet commitments to the city of Toronto, which provided the stadium land in exchange in part for a year-round facility that could be used by local residents. In winter, a bubble is put over the field to allow that.

That a PRETTY big "IF" . . . .if you ask me. but a practice plastic pitch and a GORGEOUS natural surface for our boys. . . . THATS what dreams are made of. . .(and cremed jeans haha)

Jack
08-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Regardless, I'm stoked about this. It's the first time someone in management has come out and said they want grass on the record.

It's awesome.

tfcmanu
12-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Rangers rookie Maurice Edu reports that he is busy trying to bring himself up to meet the intensity level in Scotland's top flight.

The U.S. midfielder has been limited to two appearances for the Light Blues since arriving from Toronto FC this past summer, but he says he is using the time to adapt to the increased competitiveness.

"I've found the SPL to be a lot more physical than the MLS," Edu told the Glasgow Evening Times. "Though I've not been involved in too many games yet, you can see the level of intensity that everyone competes with."

"The amount of challenges and tackles are increased and every game is a battle," he explained. "Even in training, it is more physical as everyone is competing for a spot on the pitch."

http://www.soccer365.com/scottish_news/sto...11208132837.php (http://www.soccer365.com/scottish_news/story_111208132837.php)

flatpicker
12-11-2008, 11:12 AM
sounds like money well spent for Rangers.

ah well, I hope he's having an educational experience... I wish him luck in the future.

Hitcho
12-11-2008, 12:03 PM
how long until we re-sign him? :D

Pachuco
12-11-2008, 12:09 PM
would we own his rights if he was coming back to the MLS?

Oldtimer
12-11-2008, 01:14 PM
would we own his rights if he was coming back to the MLS?

Nope. If you get a transfer fee, then if he comes back, it will be based on allocations, or a lottery (MLS HQ decides).

deeznutz
12-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Edu took one for the entire city... If we get grass becuase of Edu's departure then i gonna call it Edu's real green... thanks buddy.. the city owes you a shitload .. next time your in town were going to give you the mayors job....

Ummmmmm Hmmmmmmmm...

Im going to wait for Mike to finish that post..............Go ahead Mike.....:D

Sonny Cheeba
12-11-2008, 02:09 PM
he's gonna have a tough time at tannadice on the weekend.