PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on TFC

cacique4
08-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Hello RPB's, this is my first time posting i have been looking on the boards over the past year. I have been following TFC since the beginning and have season's tickets and i have to say the atmosphere you guys have created is the BEST! My Dad and I follow soccer throughout the world and have attended many matches in various venues and i have to admit that you guys rank way up there when it comes to cheering and support.

What I think is wrong nowadays with the team is the midfield, yes we do have some good strikers for now (Barrett, Jo Smith, Ibrahaim, Dichio) but in soccer they most important aspect of a team is the MIDFIELD. Which is responsible not only for possession but coming back and helping out the DEFENSE! If you really look into the players work ethic (especially Robert) yes it is nice that he does give some nice passes, crosses but if you look at when he loses possession he does not come back or chase down a player. He will for a bit but then you will see him just shut down and watch the player until the defence picks him up....NOT GOOD! Also Amado Guevara as of late has not been playing with the same fire as when he first started to play here...I think he is playing thru injury (he wears an wrist brace on the second half of his last two games. I like Robinson for his work ethic but seems to be lost when it comes to passing the ball. Ricketts has played well and is starting to adapt to the MLS style of play.

Overall im happy with the team we just need to start having a consistent lineup without injury and hopefully we can sign some younger players who can last the whole game without being tired in the last 20 mins of the game. Well that's enough of my rant for now I can go on all day about but i feel better letting this off my chest.....THANKS RPB (and other support groups) for giving Toronto something to talk about......finally a soccer team we can really get behind!!

p.s anyone need a really good midfielder for the RPB cup.....give me a shout!!

alexintoronto
08-19-2008, 01:00 PM
That was the most pleasant rant ever!

:canada:

Rawkus_420
08-19-2008, 01:52 PM
That basically sums it up, our DP should be a midfielder, not a DP striker, if we have nobody to get the ball to this DP striker , whats the point??

Yohan
08-19-2008, 02:02 PM
That basically sums it up, our DP should be a midfielder, not a DP striker, if we have nobody to get the ball to this DP striker , whats the point??
I think I'll +1 that, considering we've shown a terrible lack of depth after Guevara in offensive midfielder category.

A playmaker makes everyone in the team look so much better

Derko
08-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Here,here!!