PDA

View Full Version : Stand Up for QUALITY

TFCREDNWHITE
08-18-2008, 05:42 PM
It's not about being a part-time fan, or being sympathetic to a second year teams growing pains....

I think i speak for all those that are football fans in general. It is us that love the sport unconditionally! We love footy so much that we would bear its children if we could :rolleyes:

The point of this backlash against what has happened here(TFC) in the last two months is to shed a tear and pay respect to those great footballers that have shown us how the game is to be played!

I for one DO NOT expect an MLS Cup, I also don't expect TFC to win ALL the time! I do expect a winning attitude and I do expect these things though:

1) that free-flowing ground game of uncanny vision and passing is what TFC need to impliment.

2) TFC need skill with the ball, pace, and scoring prowess (again you can show these things and NOT win a game which is fine by me)

3) I expected them to win the Canada Cup and they didn't!!

4) I expected them to show grit and determination in winning or drawing on the road and they haven't!

5) I expect them to control and own the second half when they are a man up for the entire 45 minutes!

6) I expect them to complete passes with vision and control the ball with skill.

and last but certainly most importantly

7) I want to be dazzled, i want to fall in love with clean crisp passes, serene crosses, gorgeous headers, cannon right footers, I want beautiful defensive stops, i want possession of the ball, I want magic! For the love of the beautiful game!! I want QUALITY FOOTBALL!!!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-18-2008, 05:44 PM
It's not about being a part-time fan, or being sympathetic to a second year teams growing pains....

I think i speak for all those that are football fans in general. It is us that love the sport unconditionally! We love footy so much that we would bear its children if we could :rolleyes:

The point of this backlash against what has happened here(TFC) in the last two months is to shed a tear and pay respect to those great footballers that have shown us how the game is to be played!

I for one DO NOT expect an MLS Cup, I also don't expect TFC to win ALL the time! I do expect a winning attitude and I do expect these things though:

1) that free-flowing ground game of uncanny vision and passing is what TFC need to impliment.

2) TFC need skill with the ball, pace, and scoring prowess (again you can show these things and NOT win a game which is fine by me)

4) I expected them to show grit and determination in winning or drawing on the road and they haven't!

5) I expect them to control and own the second half when they are a man up for the entire 45 minutes!

6) I expect them to complete passes with vision and control the ball with skill.

7) I want to be dazzled, i want to fall in love with clean crisp passes, serene crosses, gorgeous headers, cannon right footers, I want beautiful defensive stops, i want possession of the ball, I want magic! For the love of the beautiful game!! I want QUALITY FOOTBALL!!!

you my friend..just described Manchester United to a tee!!:D

H Bomb
08-18-2008, 05:45 PM
You can't always get what you want.

But you have what you need...a team to support. That may have to tide you over till Europe gets blown up ;)

mclaren
08-18-2008, 05:45 PM

How dare you write that! You're not a fan! You can't expect us to win the MLS Cup and make the play-offs! We're an expansion team! Ad nauseum....

TFCREDNWHITE
08-18-2008, 05:47 PM
How dare you write that! You're not a fan! You can't expect us to win the MLS Cup and make the play-offs! We're an expansion team! Ad nauseum....

I don't want an MLS Cup...;)

v00d00daddy
08-18-2008, 05:50 PM

We all expected these things. Now that we haven't gotten them, what do we do? (other than grin and bear it) It's just not my style.

Shakes McQueen
08-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Everything you said describes Premier League caliber football, not MLS.

If our players served up "crisp passes", "serene crosses", and "gorgeous headers", they would already be on a plane to Barcelona, or Manchester. :D

I get the gist of your argument though. You want BETTER play from our boys. We all do, ultimately.

It boils down to a difference in opinion on how to achieve this. There are those of us who think saying "TFC is shit", and making threads ad nauseum about it, doesn't help things. There are those who think our boys deserve no better right now.

I also don't think pointing out that the team is less than two seasons old, and has had huge coaching and starting XI changes since last year, is making excuses.

Something is clearly wrong with our guys, as they played wonderful football at the beginning of the season. I have faith that this rough patch will give way to some daylight soon, though.

- Scott

Kickit09
08-18-2008, 05:56 PM
You can't always get what you want.

but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need.

TFCREDNWHITE
08-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Everything you said describes Premier League caliber football, not MLS.

If our players served up "crisp passes", "serene crosses", and "gorgeous headers", they would already be on a plane to Barcelona, or Manchester. :D

I get the gist of your argument though. You want BETTER play from our boys. We all do, ultimately.

It boils down to a difference in opinion on how to achieve this. There are those of us who think saying "TFC is shit", and making threads ad nauseum about it, doesn't help things. There are those who think our boys deserve no better right now.

I also don't think pointing out that the team is less than two seasons old, and has had huge coaching and starting XI changes since last year, is making excuses.

Something is clearly wrong with our guys, as they played wonderful football at the beginning of the season. I have faith that this rough patch will give way to some daylight soon, though.

- Scott

Its just that in the quality department lately their has been nothing to write home about....the shelves are bare!

mclaren
08-18-2008, 06:05 PM

that would make a great song.

Kickit09
08-18-2008, 06:08 PM
maybe a TFC anthem??? :noidea:

TFCREDNWHITE
08-18-2008, 06:44 PM
maybe a TFC anthem??? :noidea:

well...get on it then!!:p

GeorgeB
08-18-2008, 06:47 PM
i gotta say ,that the quality of play i have seen in the last two months has been GARBAGE ( you can read that word in a french accent if you want)

Baggio2TFC
08-18-2008, 06:54 PM
i gotta say ,that the quality of play i have seen in the last two months has been GARBAGE ( you can read that word in a french accent if you want)

I have to agree. I have found myself yelling the word(in english and french) quite a lot this year. I mean, booing them off the field is something I thought I'd never do, but I am soooo passionate about this team, and want them to do so well, that watching them this last 2 months has been very disheartning(for lack of a better word)!

:taz:

Detroit_TFC
08-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Every MLS team has run hot and cold; us, more cold than hot. This unevenness is a problem. Way too many teams have to throw in their reserve players due to lack of depth coverage for injuries, etc.

I don't expect play in MLS to be even close to the European top flights. I do expect every MLS team to play at least as well as USL and that is not the case. This tells me that the quality bar is too low for MLS and that needs to be addressed by the league and the players in the next collective bargaining agreement.

TFCREDNWHITE
08-18-2008, 07:04 PM

I feel your pain brother...I feel your pain.

loconet
08-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Agreed with all your wishes.

I'm a little less demanding and just would like to see the damn ball not wasted with those brainless long / high passes.

Control the game, control your feelings. Pass the ball around, tire the opposition, don't tire yourself. They need to spend time learning how to keep the ball down, play with it down and master the first touch. Holy fuck do we need to practice our first touch..

rocker
08-18-2008, 07:12 PM
regarding the garbage TFC play...
that allstar game was such a refreshing, sweet change from it.
while I didn't give a crap about the "competition" (the game didn't matter at all), it was just so nice to see quality again.
i said after the game to my bro, that if MLS could ever ever get to that kind of quality on a regular basis, I'd be giddy every game. maybe when I'm an old man I'll be able to see it.

TFCREDNWHITE
08-18-2008, 07:16 PM
while I didn't give a crap about the "competition" (the game didn't matter at all), it was just so nice to see quality again.
i said after the game to my bro, that if MLS could ever ever get to that kind of quality on a regular basis, I'd be giddy every game. maybe when I'm an old man I'll be able to see it.

Soooo True! I truely enjoyed watching the All-Star game too!! It was a breathe of fresh air!! Hats off to our city doing a Fab job hosting the event as well!!

Carts
08-18-2008, 07:19 PM

I know a couple / few games don't make a season, but...

I hate to say this but there's a team in Colorado & a few fans in that city that would disagree with you pretty hard here... Even Becks & Landy would say you're wrong - hell DC United say we gave them all they could handle in the 3-2 when Dichio scored two...

I also think our doctor Ira Smith and therapist Carnelo Lobue would take issue to that, seeing Jimmy Brennan play with a cast last season & busted ribs, Dichio sub-in while recovering from a concussion, and countless other guys sucking it up and playing through...

I'm sorry, if this is what is most important - supporting a 2nd year club probably isn't the best idea...

I really hope, and really beleive that one day we will be a top team in this league, I truly beleive that - but to expect that in year two, to expect a 2nd year franchise to dazzle you as a league powerhouse, is not realistic at all...

Carts...

TFCREDNWHITE
08-18-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm sorry, if this is what is most important - supporting a 2nd year club probably isn't the best idea...

I really hope, and really beleive that one day we will be a top team in this league, I truly beleive that - but to expect that in year two, to expect a 2nd year franchise to dazzle you as a league powerhouse, is not realistic at all...

Carts...

WHOA-- Carts i expected a bit more praise from you of all people!!

Who said Powerhouse??? I didn't! I don't care if they win or not!! just play with some exciting Quality....Did you watch the games over the last 2 months?? Especially the one yesterday!??? It was GOD-AWFUL Carts!! It was a display of such a lack of quality that it is an insult to Global Football, I wanted to puke, seriously. :cool:

darb
08-18-2008, 07:29 PM

Get your regular dose "quality" bright and early Saturday morning with your tea and Chelsea vs W.B.A.... OR come to BMO with your friends, celebrate that you have a home team, cheer 'em on and have a fuckin' blast.

TFCREDNWHITE
08-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Get your regular dose "quality" bright and early Saturday morning with your tea and Chelsea vs W.B.A.... OR come to BMO with your friends, celebrate that you have a home team, cheer 'em on and have a fuckin' blast.

I already do the latter....:)

canadian_bhoy
08-18-2008, 07:36 PM

Will this work?

I think they used this on the TFC "ladies" shirt

http://www.seenontv.com/prod-pages/images1/BeDazzler_Thumb.jpg

Carts
08-18-2008, 07:37 PM
WHOA-- Carts i expected a bit more praise from you of all people!!

Who said Powerhouse??? I didn't! I don't care if they win or not!! just play with some exciting Quality....Did you watch the games over the last 2 months?? Especially the one yesterday!??? It was GOD-AWFUL Carts!! It was a display of such a lack of quality that it is an insult to Global Football, I wanted to puke, seriously. :cool:

You're not wrong... Absolutely not wrong... The quality hasn't been there...

My bad on the powerhouse line - I read the whole thing to mean that and it wasn't...

But, I don't think you can expect a 2nd year club to "dazzle" you... Early year franchises (sometimes the first five seasons) muck-out wins, grind out single points, do what it takes to survive while they build underneath...

Football, a lot different from other North American sports. With the open transfer windows teams can get better quicker - and decline quicker...

We will be a top team one day... I just think that a large majority here are expecting that too quickly (not you - but you have to admit, there's been a bunch of posts of "...no playoffs I protest / hand in my tickets..." stupid shit like that)...

Carts...

TFC-Tyler
08-18-2008, 07:37 PM
With your posts, it almost sounds like you're somewhat new to sports. All teams go through this stuff, it sounds like you have unrealistic expectations.

I understand you're extremely passionate, but just try to lower your expectations a bit, and tell yourself "this isnt epl."

MadMike
08-18-2008, 07:46 PM
As for everyone saying you can't expect dazzling , exciting football from a second year club ....... check out San Jose's last couple of matches .... how many unbeaten in row ??? Hmmmm imagine O'brian and Huckerby on the same team !!!!!

canadaneedsmusic
08-18-2008, 07:54 PM
When I read that I just kept thinking of the many ways DeRo, or someone similar would make a difference. (I can't wait to see him in action on Wed night!)

TFCREDNWHITE
08-18-2008, 08:04 PM
You're not wrong... Absolutely not wrong... The quality hasn't been there...

My bad on the powerhouse line - I read the whole thing to mean that and it wasn't...

But, I don't think you can expect a 2nd year club to "dazzle" you... Early year franchises (sometimes the first five seasons) muck-out wins, grind out single points, do what it takes to survive while they build underneath...

Football, a lot different from other North American sports. With the open transfer windows teams can get better quicker - and decline quicker...

We will be a top team one day... I just think that a large majority here are expecting that too quickly (not you - but you have to admit, there's been a bunch of posts of "...no playoffs I protest / hand in my tickets..." stupid shit like that)...

Carts...

True, I agree with you, one day we will be a top team powerhouse!

Shakes McQueen
08-18-2008, 08:14 PM
As for everyone saying you can't expect dazzling , exciting football from a second year club ....... check out San Jose's last couple of matches .... how many unbeaten in row ??? Hmmmm imagine O'brian and Huckerby on the same team !!!!!

They are on a small streak right now, yes. I also recall our 8-9 game unbeaten streak this season.

Teams go on streaks, both good and bad. Our bad streak has lasted an uncomfortably long time.

It seems like the sky is falling right now, because these same players were doing so well earlier this season. I have confidence that they will recapture their form.

Unfortunately losing can beget more losing. I think our guys just need some confidence, to get their hearts and heads back in the game.

- Scott

MadMike
08-18-2008, 08:26 PM
They are on a small streak right now, yes. I also recall our 8-9 game unbeaten streak this season.

Teams go on streaks, both good and bad. Our bad streak has lasted an uncomfortably long time.

It seems like the sky is falling right now, because these same players were doing so well earlier this season. I have confidence that they will recapture their form.

Unfortunately losing can beget more losing. I think our guys just need some confidence, to get their hearts and heads back in the game.

- Scott
where will they get said confidence from if not from the fans, the coach, themselves ...... AAAARRRRRRGGGGGG !!!!!!!!

Mrs. Workie
08-18-2008, 08:41 PM
While the play the past few games hasn't been great, it has been BETTER than previous games. Sure we still aren't scoring, but we seems to be working harder, and that passion seems to be back.

Also, how many line-up changes have we had in the past month or so (new signings, injuries, suspensions). All these changes affect the players having a change to mesh and become a team, and play like one. We need to pick a starting 11, and let the lads become the team we know they have the potential to be.

Kickit09
08-18-2008, 08:59 PM
While the play the past few games hasn't been great, it has been BETTER than previous games. Sure we still aren't scoring, but we seems to be working harder, and that passion seems to be back.

:shocked: did you even see the NYRB game?

poppamidnight
08-18-2008, 09:02 PM
You know what,
I think fans as a whole are aknowledging the dwindling quality...

The atmosphere (well maybe the wrong word - NOISE) at BMO has been going downhill with the playing style....

Hell, I can turn to any "non-avid supporter" (meaning not us, ie, the ones who have only seen a few games this year), and they will ask why certain bench players arent being played...

...Fans are getting pissed that the best quality players arent getting their due...

Hemming..... why isnt he on???
Rosenlund.... Why is Harmse always getting play above him???

and now:
Attakora...... why was he sitting on the bench/not dressed this long
Jo. Smith..... why didnt he start last game???... obviously not carvers "winning-team stays" philosophy as Jarrod smith didnt get the start

All this makes me wonder how good the unseens really can be???
Joey Melo....
Gabe Gala.....

It's like some stupid Loyalty thing carver has got going on,
"you know what, you're sucking as of late...as a matter of fact you've sucked for the greater part of the season, but I've played you this long, so im not loyal if i stop playing you in your sh*tty ass state your playing now"

OneLoveOneEric
08-18-2008, 09:06 PM
People saying this is just a streak, or that you have to cheer for them harder when they suck, are the same people that consistently choose to ignore the shit that is this team. Ignoring the bad side of every new signing while only thinking about the up side, and then wondering why these guys suck is crazy. We knew what we were getting in Robert, in Ricketts, in all of these over-hyped has-beens and never-weres. Loving Carver when he is clearly incapable of getting a result is crazy.
They're our team, and I'll still be there every week, but I have very little love for any of them this year. There are very few of them that I would be sad to see go, TBH.

Mrs. Workie
08-18-2008, 09:14 PM
:shocked: did you even see the NYRB game?

Actually, I did, I watched it a Joe's. And like I said, while our play the past few games hasn't been GREAT, it's better than I've seen this year.

I hate having to say things twice....

We're no where near the level we should be, but looking back two months or so, our play is WAY better now than back then.

greatwhitenorf
08-18-2008, 09:20 PM
YYYYAaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn!

T_Mizz
08-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Just throwing this out there but we wouldn't even be discussing this if we weren't all coming down from the high of being in sure SuperLiga place at the all-star break. I think instead of thinking that this team is underachieving now we should consider the possibility that the team was overachieving back then, I mean now everyone seems to be "wise" to the "fact" that our players aren't that good so why should we get so down on them?
I think the whole second year arguement is absolutely true you can't expect them to be great for a whole season in their second year of existence, just look at the other rosters and see how they were built, guarenteed it's not over two seasons.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-18-2008, 09:45 PM

You expect more then a second year club can deliver...its like going to the OLG and demanding a muti million dollar lottery win...good luck at getting that too!!

Shakes McQueen
08-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Just throwing this out there but we wouldn't even be discussing this if we weren't all coming down from the high of being in sure SuperLiga place at the all-star break. I think instead of thinking that this team is underachieving now we should consider the possibility that the team was overachieving back then, I mean now everyone seems to be "wise" to the "fact" that our players aren't that good so why should we get so down on them?
I think the whole second year arguement is absolutely true you can't expect them to be great for a whole season in their second year of existence, just look at the other rosters and see how they were built, guarenteed it's not over two seasons.

Exactly. New England is a good example of taking some time building a good system, and some great young players that pay dividends down the road. They have quality and depth to spare, yet don't abuse the salary cap like Los Angeles does.

- Scott

Kickit09
08-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Actually, I did, I watched it a Joe's. And like I said, while our play the past few games hasn't been GREAT, it's better than I've seen this year.

I hate having to say things twice....

We're no where near the level we should be, but looking back two months or so, our play is WAY better now than back then.

that explains it :drinking:

yesterdays NYRB game was probably the worst effort of the season. im not even going to get into it, but i dont know where you saw passion and hard work. i havent seen any of that since june. even the colorado game was a fluke, up a man and they barely made it out with the win.

Mrs. Workie
08-18-2008, 10:07 PM
that explains it :drinking:

Thanks for the generalization there- appreciate it.

I know what I see, I think things are better lately- that's fine if you don't. But I don't think chalking my opinion up to too many beers at the pub is a fair statement.

Kickit09
08-18-2008, 10:33 PM
:chillpill:

relax, its just a joke. lighten up .... or is it that...ah nevermind :hide:

T0R0NT0 FC
08-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Can anyone remember how well we played the first couple of games after Guevara, Ricketts and Robert showed up? If we've already played that well... why is it so hard to do that again? :noidea:

Boris
08-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Can anyone remember how well we played the first couple of games after Guevara, Ricketts and Robert showed up? If we've already played that well... why is it so hard to do that again? :noidea:

because teams took us lightly back then...

blackandwhite
08-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Is it time to slash some tires? :)

profit89
08-18-2008, 10:52 PM
DC United play attractive football i must say. If all the teams played like them, it would be a mighty good league.

Mrs. Workie
08-19-2008, 06:02 AM
Is it time to slash some tires? :)

Tires, Windshields...may as well go all out :D

canadaneedsmusic
08-19-2008, 06:41 AM
I think we have a quality team, but it's hard for any team to reach their potential when there are always players away or hurt. How many games this season have we had Dichio, Guevera, Robert, and Ricketts all playing together? Not too many, but when we did, we were on a role. And then with Edu and Whyne being away, and Brennan and Sutton away, and stupid red cards, and other injuries, we haven't actually fielded our best team in a long while. If we can have all of our top players on the field at the sametime, with Dichio and another forward up top I think we compete and win... the issue here of course is that the season is over and we need points ASAP. If Dichio, Guevara, Robert and Ricketts all play this weekend, and we're still terrible, then we're done, atleast I think so.

Rawkus_420
08-19-2008, 09:58 AM

you realize you're watching the MLS right, there's a reason these guys don't play in europe caus they're shit.....deal with it.

v00d00daddy
08-19-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm curious to know why TFC plays that lob over the top, kick and run, bullshit game. Is it something that the players are deciding to do on their own or a tactic that Carver wants employed. Either way...somebody is a fucking bonehead.

Assuming that Carver would like the boys to play a more possession oriented game, the next player that pulled that long ball shit should be subbed out, screamed at and sent to the showers....and it would be all the more effective if it was somebody prominent like Jimmy B or Robbo.

And for all of you people talking about expectations being too high for a 2nd year team. Get it through your heads. At this point nobody is talking playoffs or championships. I just want ONE FUCKING GAME where they don't look like a bunch idiots out there. ONE FUCKING GAME where they look like the team they were at the start of the season. Is that too much to ask from a 2nd year team?

I seriously think that there are way too many people on this board that think that this team can do no wrong. Too many people who have gone to meet and greets, and hang out at the gates to get pictures with the players and that they think they've become best friends, and can no longer be objective. It's become sacrilege to criticize some of the players for some of you people. Jimmy B is not a God. Robbo is not the next coming of Javier Mascherano. They're just guys and right now they are guys on a team that this playing WAY BELOW their potential. They don't need hugs right now. They need a kick in the ass.

Barbarez
08-19-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm curious to know why TFC plays that lob over the top, kick and run, bullshit game. Is it something that the players are deciding to do on their own or a tactic that Carver wants employed. Either way...somebody is a fucking bonehead.

Assuming that Carver would like the boys to play a more possession oriented game, the next player that pulled that long ball shit should be subbed out, screamed at and sent to the showers....and it would be all the more effective if it was somebody prominent like Jimmy B or Robbo.

And for all of you people talking about expectations being too high for a 2nd year team. Get it through your heads. At this point nobody is talking playoffs or championships. I just want ONE FUCKING GAME where they don't look like a bunch idiots out there. ONE FUCKING GAME where they look like the team they were at the start of the season. Is that too much to ask from a 2nd year team?

I seriously think that there are way too many people on this board that think that this team can do no wrong. Too many people who have gone to meet and greets, and hang out at the gates to get pictures with the players and that they think they've become best friends, and can no longer be objective. It's become sacrilege to criticize some of the players for some of you people. Jimmy B is not a God. Robbo is not the next coming of Javier Mascherano. They're just guys and right now they are guys on a team that this playing WAY BELOW their potential. They don't need hugs right now. They need a kick in the ass.

What kind of feedback are you expecting from people who are themselves a bunch of old midlife crisis talentless fucks? Seriously...

Great post btw, totally agree.

TFCREDNWHITE
08-19-2008, 12:49 PM
You expect more then a second year club can deliver...its like going to the OLG and demanding a muti million dollar lottery win...good luck at getting that too!!

What's the MLS's excuse then?!??? They've been around for 13 years!! I demand Quality [PERIOD] No more excuses for footy that looks like it belongs in the Parks and Rec league!

Derko
08-19-2008, 12:56 PM

Just take a look at the Orangeville lad, Attakora, I think he has played very well and with desire in the last 2 matches, sure he has made a few mistakes but has surprised a few of us. I hope to see more of him on the pitch. What's happened to Robert?? He seems to have forgotten how to play, as of late!!

TFCREDNWHITE
08-19-2008, 01:00 PM

Agreed! Kick in the ass, NO MORE HUGS!!

RedsYNWA
08-19-2008, 01:34 PM

You saved me 10 minutes of time 100% AGREE

Kickit09
08-19-2008, 01:45 PM

right on! finally someone who gets it. i couldnt of said it better myself... and those peole who think if you have anthing negative to say about the team your not a real supporter make me sick. those people need to get their heads out of their asses.

Hitcho
08-19-2008, 02:11 PM
This is an utterly stupid post. You claim you don't want TFC to win every game and the MLS Cup to boot, and then you set out a list of requirements for them to meet which basically amounts to exactly that.

If you want to watch world class football every week then buy a season ticket to Barcelona. This is Toronto FC, they are a new MLS side who play on a plastic pitch where most of the players have had less than a season together and the coach has had half a season in charge. That's not shielding the team by crying "expansion team, leave us alone", it's a simple fact. Most of our players are not good enough to play the kind of football you seem to want - if they were they'd all be playing in Europe. And you don't get crisp, slick passing with lethal creative build up from ANY side that hasn't had a few seasons together to hone their understanding, let alone our guys who have been cobbled together as recently as a few days ago. That takes time, even for top sides with top players under a top coach.

The fact is they do try hard, they all want to win and you can see from the devastation on their faces that losing away in the final minute when they've grafted their bollocks off to earn a draw despite injury problems is killing them.

So, instead of whinging like a glory seeking whore, why don't you try putting all that extra effort into your support of the team and see if you can help them turn it around.

Otherwise, I heard New England are pretty good - why don't you try supporting them when they turn up at BMO Field and see if they can give you what you want?

Hitcho
08-19-2008, 02:24 PM

And I seriously think that there are way too many people on these boards who are signing in just to try and get as many people as possible to spew out negative shit at the games. If you don't want to come to the games until you see what you like, then don't come. If other people want to try supporting the team through a rough patch then let them. You're totally entitled to your opinion, and it's as valid as anyone else's, but it's sickening to see so much negativity being put up here in an attempt to get others to follow it. Just stay at home and be miserable until you get the kind of performance you want, then come back to the games and cheer like you never left.

And if you think the players don't realise the shape they are in then you're wrong. They feel it more than we do as fans, and I don't believe for a second that they don't care and are not giving it their all to try and turn it around - of course they are. But that's sport - players and teams get into bad runs of form and try as they might they can't break it for a while. It happens to all teams, from DC Utd to Hull City to England - it doesn't mean they don;t care and theyl;re not trying their damndest to fix it. Eventually they'll get it right and their effort will pay off. In the meantime, there are those of us who think it's more productive to do what we can to help the team through this, rather than getting on their backs about it. They know we're pissed off, they know the press is pissed off and they know Carver is pissed off at them too. What they don;t need is a bunch of people turning up to the games and booing them, making the whole thing even worse.

Put it this way - the BMO Field support is one of the few things that might really make a difference to the results right now. Now if we take that away, how much help do you really think that's going to be? And what kind of statement does that make about us as fans?

Sure, express your disenchantment to the club and the players, but don't do it during the game. Turn up, do what you can to help the situation, and then unfurl a big banner outside the exit for the players to see when they leave, post them blogs, write letters, do whatever you want OUTSIDE the game. But if you're not going to turn up and support the team on match days, then give your ticket to someone who will. Otherwsie, what's the point in having one?!

RedsYNWA
08-19-2008, 02:35 PM
BMO field support will die down game by game the longer this Team stinks it up. No one here expects unrealistic expectations, just for our team to play the best they can......and in the past 2 months they have not.
If nothing changes in a couple of years BMO might look like the Crew Stadium, with the only people there a bunch of drunks who don't even pay attention to the game and a dozen "hard core" supporters with their heads up MLSE ass

TFCREDNWHITE
08-19-2008, 02:38 PM
This is an utterly stupid post. You claim you don't want TFC to win every game and the MLS Cup to boot, and then you set out a list of requirements for them to meet which basically amounts to exactly that.

If you want to watch world class football every week then buy a season ticket to Barcelona. This is Toronto FC, they are a new MLS side who play on a plastic pitch where most of the players have had less than a season together and the coach has had half a season in charge. That's not shielding the team by crying "expansion team, leave us alone", it's a simple fact. Most of our players are not good enough to play the kind of football you seem to want - if they were they'd all be playing in Europe. And you don't get crisp, slick passing with lethal creative build up from ANY side that hasn't had a few seasons together to hone their understanding, let alone our guys who have been cobbled together as recently as a few days ago. That takes time, even for top sides with top players under a top coach.

The fact is they do try hard, they all want to win and you can see from the devastation on their faces that losing away in the final minute when they've grafted their bollocks off to earn a draw despite injury problems is killing them.

So, instead of whinging like a glory seeking whore, why don't you try putting all that extra effort into your support of the team and see if you can help them turn it around.

Otherwise, I heard New England are pretty good - why don't you try supporting them when they turn up at BMO Field and see if they can give you what you want?

Actually I support TFC more than you do! :D

But I also realize that you admire and love shite footy! You need to realize that MLS is shite! and until TFC turn it around 180 degrees then you can clap and yell and chant and support and buy their merchandise gear and own season's tix! (all of which i have by the way!!!!) I'm done lying to myself in the mirror though!! The Quality is the worst i've seen the world over!! Its horrible, Thats why MLS has a ten year plan of improving Stadiums and Quality and Style of play!! Its not my plan, its MLS's plan!!
Until then i'll go to the games and drink my face off and wish for 3 completed passes in a row!!! Don't you understand that SOUTH AMERICA, MEXICO, EUROPE, AFRICA all have better leagues then us!! Thats pretty much the REST of the fucking PLANET!! So you go on and enjoy your cheerleaders in Houston or your Gun blasting cannons in New England and your STUPID NFL lines in New York and your 8,000 person BASEBALL stadium in Kansas City and your 300 season's tix holders in Chivas and your 5000 people in Columbus(who are retards BTW) and shove it up your arse! Quality is laughable and i expect more is that such a crime, I love football more then my mother:confused: Football is life and the MLS better turn things around fast!! Maybe you get all star struck by Beckham but i don't because i have grown up watching him and i know what true football looks like!!

JonO
08-19-2008, 02:44 PM
^^^ Why quote his post - you didn't address a single issue... Just a longwinded personal attack.

TFCREDNWHITE
08-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Put it this way - the BMO Field support is one of the few things that might really make a difference to the results right now. Now if we take that away, how much help do you really think that's going to be? And what kind of statement does that make about us as fans?

Sure, express your disenchantment to the club and the players, but don't do it during the game. Turn up, do what you can to help the situation, and then unfurl a big banner outside the exit for the players to see when they leave, post them blogs, write letters, do whatever you want OUTSIDE the game. But if you're not going to turn up and support the team on match days, then give your ticket to someone who will. Otherwsie, what's the point in having one?!

why are you their mother?? Are they babies that need a bottle??

They are professional fucking footballers!! They need to SUCK it up and deal with the criticisim, are you gonna sheild them from bad comments all their life??? Maybe Mo Edu is gonna cry like a baby when Celtic fans boo him!!! or when Rangers fans get sick of his play in the mid and start booing him!!

JonO
08-19-2008, 02:50 PM
But I also realize that you admire and love shite footy! You need to realize that MLS is shite! and until TFC turn it around 180 degrees then you can clap and yell and chant and support and buy their merchandise gear and own season's tix! (all of which i have by the way!!!!)
I still don't get these kind of quotes. Anyone coming out to an MLS match expecting European/South American quality is delusional. MLS is better now than it was a few years ago and will be better in a few years still. To expect the quality to drastically improve in a very limited time simply because I want it to is unrealistic.

What are the options? Going back to watching "real" football on TV and come back in 10 to 15 years when the quality has improved. Or suffer through the growing pains with the league and the team? I know which option I prefer - feel free to choose your own...

TFCREDNWHITE
08-19-2008, 03:00 PM
I still don't get these kind of quotes. Anyone coming out to an MLS match expecting European/South American quality is delusional. MLS is better now than it was a few years ago and will be better in a few years still. To expect the quality to drastically improve in a very limited time simply because I want it to is unrealistic.

What are the options? Going back to watching "real" football on TV and come back in 10 to 15 years when the quality has improved. Or suffer through the growing pains with the league and the team? I know which option I prefer - feel free to choose your own...

What and easy option to choose, since you put it like that!

Please understand a couple of points that i struggle with:

1) I have watched every world cup since the 1990
2)watched every over the last 20 years
3)watched every champions league over the last 15 years
4)follow premiership religiously
5)follow and keep up with other leagues like Serie A and La Liga
6)Try to stay current with the English and Canadian National teams
7)I am an insider in the politics of soccer in Canada

So when i really want our beloved reds to succeed i mean it! But the I don't want them to be near the basement of one of the worlds worst leagues in terms of quality! it breaks my heart!!

v00d00daddy
08-19-2008, 03:11 PM
And I seriously think that there are way too many people on these boards who are signing in just to try and get as many people as possible to spew out negative shit at the games. If you don't want to come to the games until you see what you like, then don't come. If other people want to try supporting the team through a rough patch then let them. You're totally entitled to your opinion, and it's as valid as anyone else's, but it's sickening to see so much negativity being put up here in an attempt to get others to follow it. Just stay at home and be miserable until you get the kind of performance you want, then come back to the games and cheer like you never left.

And if you think the players don't realise the shape they are in then you're wrong. They feel it more than we do as fans, and I don't believe for a second that they don't care and are not giving it their all to try and turn it around - of course they are. But that's sport - players and teams get into bad runs of form and try as they might they can't break it for a while. It happens to all teams, from DC Utd to Hull City to England - it doesn't mean they don;t care and theyl;re not trying their damndest to fix it. Eventually they'll get it right and their effort will pay off. In the meantime, there are those of us who think it's more productive to do what we can to help the team through this, rather than getting on their backs about it. They know we're pissed off, they know the press is pissed off and they know Carver is pissed off at them too. What they don;t need is a bunch of people turning up to the games and booing them, making the whole thing even worse.

I understand where you're coming from and I used to feel the same way but every man has his breaking point and Sunday was it for me. I could just as easily say that it sickens me to see people show up for a game at BMO expecting their team to play DECENT football and get nothing. Even more sickening is when, during TFC's shit play, fans decide it is appropriate to sing "We're red, we're white, we're fucking dynomite". That is sickening to me and I just want to know if anyone feels the same. So please...if you want to pat our boys on the back after and during every shit game they play, please stay home. Does that sound logical? Keep letting them know that well love them no matter what.

As for the second bolded comment. Take a look at these home results:

June 14th- TFC beats Colorado 3-1
June 21st- TFC tie K.C. 0-0
July 1st- TFC lose to Vancouver 1-0
July 19th TFC tie San Jose 0-0
July 22nd- TFC tie Montreal 1-1
August 3rd- TFC lose to Dallas 2-0

That middle stretch is ONE goal in 3 games (two of which were arguably the most important games of the year) against 2 USL teams and and MLS expansion team. Not that I needed to point that out to you.

Please tell me how the unwavering support of TFC fans has sparked the boys. Please tell me how they've shown us that all of our strained vocal chords were rewarded. You know what, you can't. Makes me wonder if they can even hear us anymore. Maybe their ears need a bit of a shock?

I think your rose coloured glasses have been permanently frosted over red my friend.