PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC / MLS Fan Survey

Eastend
08-18-2008, 03:04 PM
I haven't seen this yet so......

This was sent out to me today....if you got it, make sure to fill it out....especially the free form portion on what the club/league could do to improve your experience.....(i.e. grass, no CFL, etc....)

Hi there,
As a Toronto FC Season Seat Holder you are our most valued client. Your support ensures an electric atmosphere at BMO Field on matchday and we want your feedback to learn how to make the Toronto FC experience even better.
It would help us if you could complete our annual Toronto FC/MLS Fan Survey. It shouldn't take any more than ten minutes to fill in, and it will give us a chance to get to know you and your needs and expectations.
The survey is broken down into three sections: your level of participation; season ticket information and finally a little bit about yourself.
The more we know about our supporters, the better we can serve the best fans in Major League Soccer. To participate in the Toronto FC/MLS Fan Survey, please click here. (http://mlsefans.com/index.cfm?n35167s1789c1400900t1796o17040)
Thanks for taking the time to help us out. C’mon you Reds!
Toronto FC
// All For One

cheers.

TFC-Tyler
08-18-2008, 03:13 PM
I alternated writing "I LIKE TURTLES" and "BRING THE BILLS AND ARGOS TO BMO" when given the option to write things.

SilverSamurai
08-18-2008, 03:18 PM
yay survey!!!

Boschmeister
08-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Perfect! A Market Research Survey from MLSE disguised as a customer satisfaction survey.

"The more we know about our supporters, the better we can serve the best fans in Major League Soccer." More like "The more we know about our supporters, the better we can screw the best fans in Major League Soccer"

Ossington Mental Youth
08-18-2008, 04:33 PM
I told them that they need to keep the argos out of bmo when they pressed for details

rocker
08-18-2008, 04:34 PM
ya same here. When the writein question came up of "what could we do more to value you" (or something like that.. I forget the wording) I put "Don't allow the Argos into BMO."

you can really see how the questions fit with issues and concerns that have been brought up over the past year. everyone needs to recognize that and answer the questions in the "right" way for supporters .. don't get tricked! ;)

ben_vw
08-18-2008, 04:37 PM
told em they should include the canada cup games in the season tickets - i don't give 2 shits for those 'international friendlies'.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Fuck. i wish had also said friendlies at the start or end of the season, although that should be fucking evident by the season we had in july, one never knows

Ossington Mental Youth
08-18-2008, 04:44 PM
also said id prefer CBC IF they prioritized it as a live game, i do not want to find it on Boldtv because they have fucking horse jumping or reruns of pitpony/anne of green gables

Torcida
08-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Don't forget to say that you are unlikely to renew!

Kickit09
08-18-2008, 04:50 PM
people should actually answer the questions smartly if they really want change. i know they take dont much stock in what we have to say but if enough people say the same thing maybe they'll listen. We all know what the problems are, this is our chance to tell them.

Shakes McQueen
08-18-2008, 04:50 PM
also said id prefer CBC IF they prioritized it as a live game, i do not want to find it on Boldtv because they have fucking horse jumping or reruns of pitpony/anne of green gables

Some of us tune in expecting to see Anne of Green Gables you know. :(

... :D

- Scott

Ossington Mental Youth
08-18-2008, 04:51 PM
youd be surprised, they wouldnt do a survey if they didnt have some interest, for the most part they take greater interest in more common answers (IE the same answer spread over 20k people)

Ossington Mental Youth
08-18-2008, 04:52 PM

- Scott

HAHAHA
and settle for the game.
Definitely put that in the survey.
You should have a red bonnet made to accomodate both occasions.

TFC-Tyler
08-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Good point. I put CBC, but didnt include the latter, even though Bold has fucked me over more than once.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-18-2008, 04:56 PM
God i hate that channel
I forget that i pay for it until they show a game on there then i go on denying/forgetting its existance

manic.street.preacher
08-18-2008, 05:02 PM
"If you were the commissioner of Major League Soccer and the ownership group gave you an additional $10 million to help grow the league, what area would be your top priority? (Select only one answer)"
Retaining and continue securing International stars
Retaining and securing top Canadian players
Market the league to general sports fans
Advertising to reach avid soccer fans
Grass-roots marketing programs and advertising to reach youth participants

^^veeeery interesting ... hopefully they take the results of the survey seriously and act accordingly

OneLoveOneEric
08-18-2008, 05:05 PM
wow. amazing how many of the questions totally missed the point. I found myself filling out all the stuff about reasons for going to games without ever seeing any of the things I actually care about.

rocker
08-18-2008, 05:10 PM
"If you were the commissioner of Major League Soccer and the ownership group gave you an additional $10 million to help grow the league, what area would be your top priority? (Select only one answer)"

^^veeeery interesting ... hopefully they take the results of the survey seriously and act accordingly

on that question I said retaining and securing international stars.
it's not the perfect answer, but it means to me the idea of raising the cap and attracting higher quality talent. there's no sense marketing first when the quality could be better. increase the quality and then the marketing is natural -- it's the talent on the field. Canadian players would fit into that option, since they are internationals for 13 teams.

OneLoveOneEric
08-18-2008, 05:12 PM
^^ Ditto, but not because I care about Canadians playing for TFC.
Because I can't get over how much better the football on offer was at the All-Star game, and I crave more.

sully
08-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Please review the list of television networks and/or channels below. Please rank your top 3 favorite television networks and/or channels you watch Toronto FC or MLS games on most often. Use “1” to indicate your favorite, “2” for your second favorite and “3” for your third favorite.
-----------

That question doesn't make any sense. Just because I watch a Toronto FC/MLS game on a channel more often than another channel doesn't mean it's my favourite, it more likely means that's where more coverage is.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-18-2008, 05:34 PM
on that question I said retaining and securing international stars.
it's not the perfect answer, but it means to me the idea of raising the cap and attracting higher quality talent. there's no sense marketing first when the quality could be better. increase the quality and then the marketing is natural -- it's the talent on the field. Canadian players would fit into that option, since they are internationals for 13 teams.

Yeah i picked Canadian but wish i had picked international because of the logic youve used (i wish we could have said something about cap increase/better reffing too HA).

Please review the list of television networks and/or channels below. Please rank your top 3 favorite television networks and/or channels you watch Toronto FC or MLS games on most often. Use “1” to indicate your favorite, “2” for your second favorite and “3” for your third favorite.
-----------

That question doesn't make any sense. Just because I watch a Toronto FC/MLS game on a channel more often than another channel doesn't mean it's my favourite, it more likely means that's where more coverage is.

I see what youre saying but i prefer CBC over the others because the announcing is their own vs RSN who uses the local announcers...

mclaren
08-18-2008, 05:43 PM

Is that a clue for future plans :)

Boschmeister
08-18-2008, 05:45 PM
The survey is not well put together as far as what we care about but they definitely sneak in some age, income etc. questions. Its a marketing survey plain and simple with a few other questions sprinkled in there so they think we are being heard.

NF-FC
08-18-2008, 06:15 PM
you really want to blow their minds? fill it out like a soccer mom then tell them you want grass and a roof

rocker
08-18-2008, 06:18 PM
did you notice you can rate your ticket agent service, and then later it asks you who your ticket agent is.... sneaky... would hate to be in the office when those results are correlated and told to the employees..

boban
08-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Whats the website URL?
Csz All I get is a massive hanging of the browser.

Eastend
08-18-2008, 07:18 PM
I said I don't want the Argos at BMO, I want grass, and please adjust the schedule so that FIFA dates are observed so we don't loose so many players in the middle of the season.

FluSH
08-18-2008, 07:29 PM
am I the only one that asked for a roof =P

giambac
08-18-2008, 07:30 PM
I haven't seen this yet so......

This was sent out to me today....if you got it, make sure to fill it out....especially the free form portion on what the club/league could do to improve your experience.....(i.e. grass, no CFL, etc....)

cheers.

I said

1) rename BMO field to ScotiaBank Field
2) Bring in football players who know how to play the game and know what it takes to win (i.e Italians)
3) Annual Income? Not enough to pay for the overpriced beer and beverages they charge

Ossington Mental Youth
08-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Too much to point out and too much to ask for.
Im sure they get the point tho

Cashcleaner
08-19-2008, 02:01 AM
told em they should include the canada cup games in the season tickets - i don't give 2 shits for those 'international friendlies'.

Fuck! I didn't even think of putting that. But it's so true. As I've mentioned several times beofre, I've got little initiative to watch Toronto play some international clubs like Aston Villa or Independiente as opposed to Vancouver or Montreal.

VPjr
08-19-2008, 02:29 AM
I enjoyed that survey. I got ALOT of pent up frustration out in those boxes where they asked for more details.

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2008, 03:27 AM
Fuck! I didn't even think of putting that. But it's so true. As I've mentioned several times beofre, I've got little initiative to watch Toronto play some international clubs like Aston Villa or Independiente as opposed to Vancouver or Montreal.

Really? I think it'd be great to see Aston Villa play Toronto FC.

Though, I agree that I wish the Nutrilite Championship games were added in too.

- Scott

Cashcleaner
08-19-2008, 03:30 AM
^ Oh, I've got nothing against the opponents or anything like that. I would just rather spend the money to see the Canadian Championship.

Steve
08-19-2008, 07:37 AM
Perfect! A Market Research Survey from MLSE disguised as a customer satisfaction survey.

"The more we know about our supporters, the better we can serve the best fans in Major League Soccer." More like "The more we know about our supporters, the better we can screw the best fans in Major League Soccer"

wtf?

Here's a hint, capitolism is based on mutual benefit. You want to pay for a product that has some benefit to you in an appropriate price range. MLSE wants to make money (AKA, offer a product to you at an appropriate price range so you will actually buy it). I fail to see how they're trying to screw you. Or did you somehow mean that by the sole act of focusing on profits, they're hurting your delicate sensibilities?

The Kingpin
08-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Basically these were my responses:

Coverage quality an no fear of supporters. They cover the club via other media elements and would do a better job if TFC/MLSE marketing were to step away from viral broadcasts as they are generally significantly below par and rather patronising. TFC has made a major error in eliminating secondary and tertiary support mechanisms in favour of non-organic base line activity with little substance.

Because you put MLS in the title and I would not watch any other MLS team as in general the league and it's broadcasting partners are far below par. It is unimaginable how the league expects to survive with College level marketing strategies in conjunction with basic multi-media capabilities. I will not create false support of MLS by ticking any other box that supports the MLS

Because the club has alienated the individuals that helped them build the support mechanism, and they have very poor negotiation abilities with local authorities. There is generally minor league thinking from a "Major League" club. Also, the lack of investment in scouting and talent is abominable.

Listen more, do less...

Parkdale
08-19-2008, 08:25 AM
when the asked for Nationality / Background there was no French option.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who will be answering FOR SHAME!!! (in a few places on that list)

OneLoveOneEric
08-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Basically these were my responses:

Coverage quality an no fear of supporters. They cover the club via other media elements and would do a better job if TFC/MLSE marketing were to step away from viral broadcasts as they are generally significantly below par and rather patronising. TFC has made a major error in eliminating secondary and tertiary support mechanisms in favour of non-organic base line activity with little substance.

Because you put MLS in the title and I would not watch any other MLS team as in general the league and it's broadcasting partners are far below par. It is unimaginable how the league expects to survive with College level marketing strategies in conjunction with basic multi-media capabilities. I will not create false support of MLS by ticking any other box that supports the MLS

Because the club has alienated the individuals that helped them build the support mechanism, and they have very poor negotiation abilities with local authorities. There is generally minor league thinking from a "Major League" club. Also, the lack of investment in scouting and talent is abominable.

Listen more, do less...

Well put.

Wagner
08-19-2008, 08:46 AM

I'm sure I'm not the only person who will be answering FOR SHAME!!! (in a few places on that list)

apparently your background is "Other"

Parkdale
08-19-2008, 12:06 PM
apparently your background is "Other"

yep. I picked other, and in the 'please specify' box I wrote:

No French option? FOR SHAME!!!

cuecas_red
08-19-2008, 12:31 PM
one thing I mentioned about not renewing would be if tickets prices go up again after another losing season

Boschmeister
08-21-2008, 12:21 PM
wtf?

Here's a hint, capitolism is based on mutual benefit. You want to pay for a product that has some benefit to you in an appropriate price range. MLSE wants to make money (AKA, offer a product to you at an appropriate price range so you will actually buy it). I fail to see how they're trying to screw you. Or did you somehow mean that by the sole act of focusing on profits, they're hurting your delicate sensibilities?

Please do not talk down to me in that tone. I have an Economics degree from a very reputable university so I know what Capitalism (spelled correctly) is. What MLSE has is a monopoly, just like many other industries in this country - that is not the Adam Smith way. If there were a few other MLS teams in the GTA then that would be a different story.

$13.00 a beer, is that an appropriate price range?

I am a passionate football fan who does not trust big corporations like MLSE particularly when they bullshit people by calling it a customer satisfaction survey.

giambac
08-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Please do not talk down to me in that tone. I have an Economics degree from a very reputable university so I know what Capitalism (spelled correctly) is. What MLSE has is a monopoly, just like many other industries in this country - that is not the Adam Smith way. If there were a few other MLS teams in the GTA then that would be a different story.

I am a passionate football fan who does not trust big corporations like MLSE particularly when they bullshit people by calling it a customer satisfaction survey.

Agreed,

I believe several people on these forums who supprt MLSE's behavousr (Steve) actually work with the company. They come in on these sights to see what people are saying about MLSE or TFC managemnt etc and then try and defend them for their own interests....

bangersandmash
08-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Not rushing to anyone's defense, but isn't the large ($12.50) size somewhere in the 28oz range? A 16oz pint of carlsberg at a bar will run you $5.50-6.50. $12.50 for 1 and 3/4 pints isn't THAT much worse that what your average house of booze will burn you for. Still, it's three times what you'd pay if you bought cans at the LC.

Boschmeister
08-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Very true never though of it that way, the price for beer itself is not completely out of whack. But the average house of booze did not have their land and building given to them from our hard earned taxpaying dollars. Nor does the average bar have the relationship that Carlsberg and MLSE have which I am sure provides some other benefits like advertising/marketing dollars.

bangersandmash
08-21-2008, 01:14 PM
And don't forget that abut 45% of the cost of beer is taxes, so BMO doesn't have much room to discount. And don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the cost of beer. I consider beer to be a human right. :) Just pointing out that BMO doesn't really have much control in the setting of the price. Almost $6 of every large beer lands back in the hands of the federal and provincial government in the form of PST, GST, sin taxes and environmental taxes. Plus the deal that established the field gives the city a taste of all concessions money. Never-mind the salary of the people that serve the beer (which is probably the smallest portion per drink), the maintenance cost of the equipment, the "free cup" and the cost of paying someone to clean up the free cup that no one seems to want to take home. And there's still the component of the cost that goes to Carlseberg. Which is probably about a dollar. Damn. when I started typing this I didn't realise that there was this much built into the cost of a single beer. A lot of people depend on me drinking at BMO! I'd better do more.

TicTacTabarnack
08-22-2008, 01:22 AM
yep. I picked other, and in the 'please specify' box I wrote:

No French option? FOR SHAME!!!

Muah ... I just clicked both Canadian and added "French Canadian" in the other option.

I'm wondering if this is an American Market Research firm doing the survey ... The Education options seemed a little out of whack in my opinion? college vs. university where as college is university in the states.

I also didn't like not having an Other option in the Commissioner/$10M question ... I would have put "IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF THE REFEREEING" Exchange program, importing a quality ref to be "Head of Officiating" or something like that and developing a program to make them less laclustre because we'll end up killing someone if the FC Dallas debacle happens again and again.

Angelo1405
08-22-2008, 08:55 AM
you know...i completed 94% of this survey, then realized im not a season ticket holder...

what a waste of time.

In the Details part thing....ASK FOR:
"Ease of strict rules in the supporters section (Flares, Smoke bombs, etc.) We feel like we can do much better to encourage the team and attract new people"
thats what i wrote. but i closed it. itll look weird with people having this exact thing on the same survey...

I just want pyro in the supporters section !!

Angelo1405
08-22-2008, 09:01 AM

i suggest choosing that one...

SilverSamurai
08-22-2008, 09:20 AM

- Scott
Better then going to where the friggin' book was made.
WASTE OF TIME!!!

The survey is not well put together as far as what we care about but they definitely sneak in some age, income etc. questions. Its a marketing survey plain and simple with a few other questions sprinkled in there so they think we are being heard.

I put I made the maximum for income. :p
I left out the rep part blank and didn't leave contact info. I don't have seasons!!!

SilverSamurai
08-22-2008, 09:23 AM

I got to check 2 boxes! :canada:

joel
08-22-2008, 09:33 AM
It's a poorly designed survey..some of the questions are awkward and there is no N/A option for some of the questions which is defintely needed. There were lots of things that don't appeal or weren't even considered for me, but I had to click a box.

Steve
08-22-2008, 09:40 AM

Haha, touché and well played. Anyway, MLSE only has a monopoly if you confine your market. Yes, if you want to watch MLS soccer specifically, they have a monopoly in Toronto. But if you're talking about sports and entertainment, they don't. If you're talking about soccer in general, they don't (many CSA teams around). They got the team because they were the only ones who decided to step up and invest in something that wasn't a sure thing.

and giambac: Damnit, you caught me. Actually I work for many large corporations, as a "freelance undercover internet public relations manager". I essentially just go around to many different message boards on the internet, pretend to be one of them (whoever they are), then defend the actions of the large company in question. It's a hard gig to get, but well paying if you can get it. Of course, now I'm going to have to change my username on this message board so it isn't quite as obvious. Thanks a lot.