PDA

View Full Version : Edu in 2 Years: In the Premiership, or Back in MLS?

ensco
08-18-2008, 01:32 PM
What do you think, does he have a clue as to what he is getting into?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuF_ujlhM6c

Can he survive this kind of stuff?

mclaren
08-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Back in MLS or lower European league.

Nodoubtguy
Premiership?? maybe not....but he will be somewhere in Europe for sure.

Ladies Love Julius James
He signed a 5 year deal so I think he'll stay in the Premiership

boban
08-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Not to be sarcastic or whatever ..

but who cares really?
If you do, then he doesn't have a chance for the premiership.
Most likely will wollow in the lower leagues of European football.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Back in MLS or lower European league.

it's not like he is joining a quality side, he will fit in with all the other underachievers there...if not TFC will have him back soon.

ensco
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
it's not like he is joining a quality side, he will fit in with all the other underachievers there...if not TFC will have him back soon.

I think we only have his rights through 2009, then he goes into the allocation system like McBride did (otherwise Columbus would still have had McBride's rights)

LucaGol
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
He's on the speed train directly to some po'dunk English team like Barnsley or Swindon Town...or something along those lines. At which point he'll return to MLS around 27, 28...to very little fanfare.

ensco
08-18-2008, 01:42 PM
He's on the speed train directly to some po'dunk English team like Barnsley or Swindon Town...or something along those lines. At which point he'll return to MLS around 27, 28...to very little fanfare.

Why would he do that? Even if he flames out, he'll still have value here. My guess is that the $300-400K he'd make here in a couple of years looks pretty good compared to what Swindon or some such pay.

gtaguy
08-18-2008, 01:48 PM
I guess it will be interesting to see what the coach over there decides his role is going to be... are they going to put him more towards offence or more of a stay back and help the Defence midfielder. no matter which way i hope he shines bright over there....

trane
08-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Why would he be in the EPL in two years, if he makes it he would still be with the Rangers at that time, if they develop him, it is only in two years that he would make a major contribution.

TFC-Tyler
08-18-2008, 02:07 PM
I fucking hate these polls, with only 2 options.

Is it not possible for him to be somewhere other than EPL or MLS? Duh, no shit.

EPL is a lot more likely than MLS though which has no chance.

TFC USA
08-18-2008, 02:07 PM
He'll be with Fulham, who signed so many Americans, that they had to fight off relegation for 2 years strong.

Don Julio
08-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Denmark

MrHawk
08-18-2008, 02:13 PM
If he doesn't suceed in Rangers, he may be loaned out to a lowered team in one of the top flight leagues.

I'm not too big on how much talent the Rangers currently have, but I don't imagine he'll be a regular starter for awhile

ilikemusic
08-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Belgium

Ossington Mental Youth
08-18-2008, 02:43 PM
I think hes got it in him, granted itll be for some midtable team a la McBride and Fulham, i look forward to him evolving.

ricciboy
08-18-2008, 02:46 PM
he will stay in mls with toronto

tfc_4_ever
08-18-2008, 02:51 PM

Cmon one swindon

They we will be back in the prem in a couple of years you just wait ;)

now
:topic:

Smenge
08-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Just who do you bubble heads like? Brennan and Robinson and Dichio. After that, everybody is a bum, particularly if they are from the US or continental Europe, or Africa, or South America........EDU was the best pure athlete on the team, and the most highly regarded young North American player along with Altidore. He will play wherever he decides to play. Unless he breaks a leg, or starts buying crack from the bums that hang out in front of the Rangers park every fucking day, he will become one of the best midfielders in Europe within five years. And you bubbleheads will be telling everybody that will waste their time listening to you, that you once saw him play in Toronto, and was a great fan favorite..........what a joke.

mclaren
08-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Just who do you bubble heads like? Brennan and Robinson and Dichio. After that, everybody is a bum, particularly if they are from the US or continental Europe, or Africa, or South America........EDU was the best pure athlete on the team, and the most highly regarded young North American player along with Altidore. He will play wherever he decides to play. Unless he breaks a leg, or starts buying crack from the bums that hang out in front of the Rangers park every fucking day, he will become one of the best midfielders in Europe within five years. And you bubbleheads will be telling everybody that will waste their time listening to you, that you once saw him play in Toronto, and was a great fan favorite..........what a joke.

His performances this season were poor at best unfortunately. We can only judge him by how he plays in the red shirt.

zeelaw
08-18-2008, 04:03 PM
No stay in Scotland option?

Draracle
08-18-2008, 04:20 PM
I think he will stay in Scotland for a while. Unless he improves greatly, I don't think he will go EPL. But the SPL has a wide range between the Rangers/Celtics and the rest of the teams. I think he can find a place there for a while

RealG-TFC
08-18-2008, 04:23 PM
I never knew the SPL was also called the Premiership.

jloome
08-18-2008, 04:29 PM

My vote for both most arrogant and stupid post of the day. Being a great athlete isn't even close to enough to guarantee you'll be a great soccer player. And he's not even close yet, despite being 22 years old, which puts him about four years behind the development curve.

The best chance Mo Edu has of becoming a solid premiership level player (likely at CB, as he doesn't have the vision or passing skill to be a top midfielder) is if he doesn't get injured, works hard and learns for years. THen, and only maybe then, might he do a McBride (whom people will recall flamed out completely the first time he went over, to PNE).

rocker
08-18-2008, 04:42 PM
I think he will stay in Scotland for a while. Unless he improves greatly, I don't think he will go EPL. But the SPL has a wide range between the Rangers/Celtics and the rest of the teams. I think he can find a place there for a while

ya that wide range in quality just may help him out, plus the fact he's on one of the best teams in that league. firstly, he'll have better players than him making him look better. secondly, when he plays a bottom team, he'll probably stand out that much more being that he's on a top team.
I think what'll happen is he'll be like a chameleon out there... he'll sort of fit in, do nothing massively wrong, but not stand out... and he'll have "played for Rangers" on his resume. He'll move around thanks to that notoriety.

I guess you can't fault ambition.. but to truly know if you're ready for the bigger leagues, you should master the league you're in first. Simeon Jackson made that point, which is why he stayed in the lower english division for a while before moving up slowly. In no way has Edu mastered MLS. People cite his rookie of the year award, but he was only up against 2 other guys really. He wasn't MVP of MLS, but MVP of a small group of players.

I must say if he flames out, he can't say he wasn't given the opportunity. The opportunities he's had since starting college have been amazing.

ensco
08-18-2008, 04:55 PM
No stay in Scotland option?

Those of you who think Edu has a chance to anchor the Rangers midfield or defense for 10 years are, with respect, delusional.

Much as the SPL faithful may hate to acknowledge this, Rangers and Celtic (like PSG or Hamburg or PSV or a bunch of other not-quite-super-but-still-pretty-good teams) are really in the player futures business - they buy 2 or 3 "Edu" type players every year, hoping to make a big score on at least one. It's a crazy game which will end in tears for these clubs if the sport ever has a downturn, and the big clubs stop paying $20-30 million for the Luka Modric's of the world.

That's the way it is - very few of these signings are still at their team in 3 years. They're gone one way or the other.

Smenge
08-18-2008, 05:00 PM
How the fuck was EDU supposed to get inspired playing with this team of losers? Yet, all through 2007, he did it, and led the team most nights. You dopes forget that horrible experience, but I sure didn't, and I am sure neither did EDU. It is clear he made a decision to leave, and did not get along with either Carver, or stupid MO, who spent the last month extolling the virtues of EDU to his Scottish brethren, just to help facilitate his departure. Calling this notion stupid, Jloome, makes me wonder what the fuck you are thinking whenever you watch this team play this season? Blaming EDU for giving up on the team is one thing, but you forget why he gave up, and why so many of us are giving up......When he proves himself, you can write about how you saw him play for TFC and wear a kit with his number on it.

Torcida
08-18-2008, 05:07 PM
How the fuck was EDU supposed to get inspired playing with this team of losers? Yet, all through 2007, he did it, and led the team most nights. You dopes forget that horrible experience, but I sure didn't, and I am sure neither did EDU. It is clear he made a decision to leave, and did not get along with either Carver, or stupid MO, who spent the last month extolling the virtues of EDU to his Scottish brethren, just to help facilitate his departure. Calling this notion stupid, Jloome, makes me wonder what the fuck you are thinking whenever you watch this team play this season? Blaming EDU for giving up on the team is one thing, but you forget why he gave up, and why so many of us are giving up......When he proves himself, you can write about how you saw him play for TFC and wear a kit with his number on it.
http://ninesisters.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/rofl-mao.jpg

Smenge
08-18-2008, 05:26 PM
..yea.....who gets the last laugh.....EDU or TFC supporters, who get to experience the wonders of a Robbinson pass or a Harmse tackle.

Kickit09
08-18-2008, 05:29 PM
all depends on if Edu wants to be a bench warmer in the SPL/europe or be a starter in MLS....... i have a feeling we'll see him back in a few years.

jloome
08-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Yeah, no cogent argument from Smenge just a very angry little man steaming "youll be sorry, you'll aaaaalllll be very, very sooorry."

He's a mediocre midfielder who should've been signed by a Euro club when he was a kid, to have a chance to develop into the kind of player you think he already is.

Fucking ridiculous to think he's going to be a Euro star in five years. Totally fucking ridiculous and indicative of a complete lack of knowledge of the game over there. As someone else here has noted, Rangers takes multi-million dollar flyers on "potential" on a regular basis.

trane
08-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Smenge, people talking about him as if he was a top Midfileder in the MLS is the problem. I think that he stopped wanting to learn. He had good tallent, but he is underdeveloped as a soccer player, and that was the MLS. Now he is well out of his depth in one of the top European clubs, it is not Man U, Milan or Real (Madrid), but the Rangers are a great team, if he takes advatage and stops believeing the hype, he may develop into a quality Defensive Mid. Every Midtable club in Europe has several Mids, that are well above his quality. There is no evidence that he will be the next Ronaldo, nor the next Gattuso.

zeelaw
08-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Those of you who think Edu has a chance to anchor the Rangers midfield or defense for 10 years are, with respect, delusional.

Dear RPBs,

Read what people say and then comment about it.

I said he might stay in Scotland. The question was 2 more years? He could be at Rangers in 2 years, he could be at another team in Scotland in 2 years.

How the hell did people assume that I was saying he was a future star of the SPL?

What in the hell is up with people this week.:noidea:

Baggio2TFC
08-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Heard EA sports has to change the North American edition for Fifa 09 to Edu in a US jersey!

Good luck Edu and see ya in 2 yrs!

jloome
08-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Dear RPBs,

Read what people say and then comment about it.

I said he might stay in Scotland. The question was 2 more years? He could be at Rangers in 2 years, he could be at another team in Scotland in 2 years.

How the hell did people assume that I was saying he was a future star of the SPL?

What in the hell is up with people this week.:noidea:

I don't think he was quoting you, he was quoting Smenge.

LucaGol
08-18-2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1369887,00.html

Read that article on the Rangers website if you wanna have a laugh.

Best quote..."Edu is easily the best young player in the States right now"........uhhhh....yo k

Based on the article, Rangers asked our drunk ginger buddy MoJo for advice on players in the MLS. One drinking game later, Walter Smith was cutting MoJo a cheque for 5 mill to get the rights to Edu (ok that part I made up)

lol...Good luck MoJo on getting invited back to Glasgow after that snowjob you threw down....well, he'll get invited back to Glasgow, but it'll probably be at Celtic Park.

TFC-Tyler
08-18-2008, 07:41 PM
The title says 2 years.

No offense, but where the hell did ten years come from? I think he'll stay with Rangers for 2 years, but certainly not 10.

Blixa
08-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Rangers are insane to pay this much for Edu. Insane is the only word that describes it. I'd say it give no more than three years and this guy will be playing in Denmark, Belgium or Poland.

jloome
08-18-2008, 08:28 PM
http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1369887,00.html (http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5%7E1369887,00.html)

Read that article on the Rangers website if you wanna have a laugh.

Best quote..."Edu is easily the best young player in the States right now"........uhhhh....yo k

Based on the article, Rangers asked our drunk ginger buddy MoJo for advice on players in the MLS. One drinking game later, Walter Smith was cutting MoJo a cheque for 5 mill to get the rights to Edu (ok that part I made up)

lol...Good luck MoJo on getting invited back to Glasgow after that snowjob you threw down....well, he'll get invited back to Glasgow, but it'll probably be at Celtic Park.

Nope, they hate him over there. They call him "Judas" for playing for Rangers.

Smenge
08-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I know a lot less about soccer than Jloome. He knows that EDU will be shit, that EDU cannot play, that the Rangers were stupid, and that the US national team is fucking insane....yup....i know nothing about soccer....EDU was the worst player on TFC, that is why he signs a five year contract to play in Europe...only a crap player would do that....and US soccer is a joke, that is right, a joke.....not like the greatness Canada has shown in this sport.....shit, here I was thinking Jloome was an articulate, and intelligent guy, who likes soccer.....but no, I was wrong, he is all that an more.....he knows shit that nobody else could ever know.....and that is why I know so much less than he does......i think Jloome should send an email to EDU right now, telling him that he is a dumb fuck that deserves to leave TFC for a better life, because he was an over paid, and overrated player...that is right, EDU is stupid for being so fucking stupid.....why else would he want to leave the wonderful BMO, a stadium built out of tin foil and plastic, on a field made out of industrial strength toilet paper, and for a team that could lose to a squad of dancing apes.....he was really so stupid....he should have stayed here so that he could become best friends with all the supporters who hate him.....

poppamidnight
08-18-2008, 09:04 PM
one thing im confused about.....

them taking him for "his potential".....

(serious question)
do i sound stupid for saying that i am more optimistic about Ibbe's potential than I was about Edu's potential???

Davenport
08-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Edu is shite...end of.

TFC-Tyler
08-18-2008, 09:24 PM
one thing im confused about.....

them taking him for "his potential".....

(serious question)
do i sound stupid for saying that i am more optimistic about Ibbe's potential than I was about Edu's potential???
IMO somewhat. Ibby has one goal, and hasnt done anything since. I really like him, and Ibby jas loads of potential, but I think Edu does too and has already filled some of it.

poppamidnight
08-18-2008, 09:26 PM
IMO somewhat. Ibby has one goal, and hasnt done anything since. I really like him, and Ibby jas loads of potential, but I think Edu does too and has already filled some of it.

I was mainly considering the age factor (Ibbe being 5 yrs younger)....

...maybe it's cuz i just see TFC's lack of scoring

Smenge
08-18-2008, 09:27 PM
You know, even in England, few people actually type the word shit, as shite. It is fucking lame.