PDA

View Full Version : If its of any consolation

Ossington Mental Youth
08-18-2008, 01:29 PM
We'd be 3 points for second place in the west which means that in our second year we are better then some more established teams.

Lets put that miserable loss behind us, we are capable and the boys know this.

TFCREDNWHITE
08-18-2008, 01:36 PM
You always look on the brightside don't you?? I like your comments on the boards! always very refreshing! Its just that Sunday was one of the last straws for me!! I'm so sick and tired of how garbage the quality is!! They can't pass worth shit!! They can't even hold on to the ball!!

ensco
08-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Also, as I said elsewhere, we'd actually be worse off with two hard fought draws the last two games

Anybody who can put some games together will get in in this league, look at DCU

giambac
08-18-2008, 01:38 PM
We'd be 3 points for second place in the west which means that in our second year we are better then some more established teams.

Lets put that miserable loss behind us, we are capable and the boys know this.

that's one way of looking at it.

How about the at we are in last in the East.

Also in the West the expansion SJ Earthquakes will soon overatke us in the standings. They have a long stretch of home games in the alst part of the season.

ensco
08-18-2008, 01:43 PM
that's one way of looking at it.

How about the at we are in last in the East.

Also in the West the expansion SJ Earthquakes will soon overatke us in the standings. They have a long stretch of home games in the alst part of the season.

Hate to say it, but a betting man would wager that TFC will be dead last this year.

gtaguy
I like your positive outlook but lets be honest ..
ITS INEXCUSEABLE TO LOSE THE WAY WE LOST YESTERDAY.
The game was virtually put on a silver platter for us and we bombed it.
time and time again in the final minutes of the game we allow another soft goal.

I have seen community league players with more heart then what alot of toronto fc players showed yesterday..

Damien
I think our longterm plans are more solid than any team in the MLS. I'm not overly concerned.

giambac
08-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Hate to say it, but a betting man would wager that TFC will be dead last this year.

If I was a betting man I would be very rich.

The one thing baout TFC is that they are consistent. I mean consistently bad. They have won 1 out of their last 14 games. If i was a betting man and bet against TFC I would be rich by know.

flatpicker
08-18-2008, 01:53 PM
They have won 1 out of their last 14 games.

Jesus! Is that right???!!!

I wanna cry!

ensco
08-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Well, we have a 38.7% chance of getting in, per sportsclubstats....

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/MLS/East/TorontoFC.html

Looks like we'll need 15-16 points from the last 10 games to get in - call it 5 wins and a draw. (12 points gets us only a 40% chance of getting in)

We have been pretty good at home (not lately of course), but we have tough opponents left at BMO -we'll need to take 4 out of 5 from NE, Chivas, Columbus, Houston and Chicago. That's WINS not DRAWS. This part seems almost impossible to me.

That means we need a win and a draw from the road games - Chivas, KC, NY, Dallas, SJ. This actually seems doable to me.

So unless we find our form at BMO, like right now, we're cooked

v00d00daddy
08-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Jesus! Is that right???!!!

I wanna cry!

No it's not right but it's close. We've won 2 out of the last 14. Last week against Colorado and June 14th against...you guessed it....Colorado.

Sad isn't it? You have every right to cry.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-18-2008, 02:05 PM
For the record yesterday was the first time i contemplated turning off the game.
Yesterday was a game we could have and should have won and i felt cuckolded today

TFCREDNWHITE
08-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Well, we have a 38.7% chance of getting in, per sportsclubstats....

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/MLS/East/TorontoFC.html

Looks like we'll need 15-16 points from the last 10 games to get in (call it 5 wins and a draw)

We have been pretty good at home (not lately of course), but we have tough opponents left at BMO -we'll need to take 4 out of 5 from NE, Chivas, Columbus, Houston and Chicago. That's WINS not DRAWS. This part seems almost impossible to me.

That means we need a win and a draw from the road games - Chivas, KC, NY, Dallas, SJ. This actually seems doable to me.

So unless we find our form at BMO, like right now, we're cooked

I remember saying at the begining of the season that al i wanted was to make the playoffs this year!!! and now it looks like were totally fucked!!
I was watching yesterdays game and it felt like i was watching some community parks and rec game!!!!! It felt like we have taken 3 steps backwards!!!

Ossington Mental Youth
08-18-2008, 02:10 PM
It was without a doubt within the top 3 shit games of the season

Ossington Mental Youth
08-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Also we are not the bottom of eastern conference (second from the bottom, not that thats any better), still 10 games left, who knows what can happen, as long as we dont see a game like that (or worse) again.

TFC USA
08-18-2008, 02:19 PM
We may have to win out at home.

That's what, 15 points right there? Anything less and they're dead, and they have to hope to get at least 1 point on the road.

Monk
08-18-2008, 02:39 PM
I was only able to catch the last 20 mins of the match and at 1-0 down, a man up I have to say the effort the players were putting in was an absolute disgrace. :mad: I don't mind us sucking in our second year on a pitch that confused the hell outta me watching it but I damn well do mind shit efforts.

-W.

Shakes McQueen
08-18-2008, 04:18 PM
For the record yesterday was the first time i contemplated turning off the game.
Yesterday was a game we could have and should have won and i felt cuckolded today

After the second brutal goal when no TFC player was within 30 yards of Angel, I turned off the TV. It was clear that the boys had given up, so there was no point in watching the remainder of the game.

- Scott