PDA

View Full Version : West Ham Opening Game Programme

akpatel47
08-18-2008, 09:41 AM
My cousin went to the opening match on Saturday for West Ham and he bought a program. I was talking to him a few hours after the match and there was an article abotu Toronto in it and how the West Ham players loved the city and how they found the atmosphere electric!!
I guess people across the pond are starting to take notice.

SilverSamurai
08-18-2008, 09:44 AM
My cousin went to the opening match on Saturday for West Ham and he bought a program. I was talking to him a few hours after the match and there was an article abotu Toronto in it and how the West Ham players loved the city and how they found the atmosphere electric!!
It's been said that BMO has the closest thing to Europe in Canada and the US.
I guess something is better than nothing!

ensco
08-18-2008, 10:04 AM

Really? Toronto got an article in the West Ham match programme?

No way!
:rolleyes:

LucaGol
08-18-2008, 10:13 AM

Are they starting to take notice of how poorly a run organization we are as well?

NateDoGG
08-18-2008, 12:15 PM
i have a friend in england who is a fulham season ticket holder, he knows all about tfc and what players from england have come here, he says everyone in england saw our first ever win with the bmo seat things being thrown onto the pitch, it was on sky news!

Bobo
08-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Good stuff. Doesn't seem to be helping Mo bring in anyone though.

TFCREDNWHITE
08-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Did it say how TFC is comparable to Englands League 2!!! and how shite we are!!!

flatpicker
08-18-2008, 01:21 PM
haha... any topic becomes a TFC bashing these days!!!

giambac
08-18-2008, 01:22 PM

What did they say about the quality of football?

What did they say about the field turf?

akpatel47
08-18-2008, 02:45 PM
What did they say about the quality of football?

What did they say about the field turf?

He didn't get into specifics of the article with me, just basically gave me some main bullet points of article.
The article mainly talked about how West Ham played decent in the first half, but were shocking in the second half.

zeelaw
08-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Someone should find this programme.

Shakes McQueen
08-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Someone should find this programme.

Stuff like that usually turns up on eBay.

Truth be told, I'm not surprised we turned up in the programme for their first real match of the EPL season. It certainly was a "high profile" friendly for them.

- Scott

colman1860
08-18-2008, 04:27 PM
I know we all like to congratulate ourselves on our atmosphere at BMO, but I travelled with 1860 Munich supporters to an away game in Freiburg (2. bundesliga) yesterday, and I would be proud if we could ever achieve even half the cohesion of either group of fans.

Shakes McQueen
08-18-2008, 04:30 PM
I know we all like to congratulate ourselves on our atmosphere at BMO, but I travelled with 1860 Munich supporters to an away game in Freiburg (2. bundesliga) yesterday, and I would be proud if we could ever achieve even half the cohesion of either group of fans.

Eh, second year franchise. Cohesion comes with time. I'm not too worried about it. :D

- Scott

Hitcho
08-18-2008, 04:38 PM
This is great news, and really good to hear. But it just pisses me off even more that so many idiots on here are starting threads about protesting the bad run of form we've had. What kind of an impression would that give?! A shit one, that's what. If the club was being run into the ground, we could protest. Not being safely tucked into the play offs half way through our second season is a time to dig in and really get behind the boys. That kind of attitude got us noticed by West Ham, and it;s what we should all be about, all the time.

mclaren
08-18-2008, 06:10 PM
This is great news, and really good to hear. But it just pisses me off even more that so many idiots on here are starting threads about protesting the bad run of form we've had. What kind of an impression would that give?! A shit one, that's what. If the club was being run into the ground, we could protest. Not being safely tucked into the play offs half way through our second season is a time to dig in and really get behind the boys. That kind of attitude got us noticed by West Ham, and it;s what we should all be about, all the time.

If anything, other fans would respect us more for demanding better. It's that little, important attribute called AMBITION which we seem to be lacking at the moment.

greatwhitenorf
08-18-2008, 09:06 PM
No, McClaret. It's not ambition that's lacking. It's a grass pitch to work as the closer in signing new players.

When the grass arrives, the talent will too. It's OK to push for more, just put it in the right direction.

james
08-18-2008, 10:08 PM
It's been said that BMO has the closest thing to Europe in Canada and the US.
I guess something is better than nothing!

ya probably is closest to Europe, but for the most part we got a ways to go to sound like a real top Europe club and no way that the atmsosphere that night was electric. We had a few moments where the crowd got into it but for the most part the crowd was quiet. Deffinitly not as loud as all of are TFC matches.....but i didn't exspect it to be since it wasn't are boys playing out there it was other clubs boys who we often hate:D

SilverSamurai
08-18-2008, 10:35 PM
ya probably is closest to Europe, but for the most part we got a ways to go to sound like a real top Europe club and no way that the atmsosphere that night was electric. We had a few moments where the crowd got into it but for the most part the crowd was quiet. Deffinitly not as loud as all of are TFC matches.....but i didn't exspect it to be since it wasn't are boys playing out there it was other clubs boys who we often hate:D
I agree with you.
The Montreal and Vancouver games are the best I've seen on TV though.
Man how I wish I would've been there for those.
Sucks TFC lost though. :mad: