PDA

View Full Version : maybe tfc players are color blind?

vince93
08-17-2008, 11:29 PM
I can't believe how many times today our mid fielders passes the ball to the wrong color shirt. The first goal was a direct result of a bad pass. All of these turnovers are causing fast break goals in the last 3 games.

p.s. Robert is shit!!!!!:noidea:

MartinUtd
08-17-2008, 11:31 PM
just timid and panicky, which is probably worse

TFCREDNWHITE
08-17-2008, 11:40 PM
I fully agree, I think they are color blind!! It was so horrible to watch i almost puked!!

Side note:

HARMSE--Makes himself plus 2 others SHIT!
Jarrod SMith--SUCKS
Attakayora--SUCKS
Velez--SUCKS
Robert--SUCKS 60% of the time
Ricketts--SUCKS 50% of the time
Ibee--HE's FREAKING 16 YEARS OLD for crying out loud!!
Barrett--SUCKS for now, let him prove me wrong.
Hemming-- SUCKS he's not the answer
Rosenlund-- SUCKS he's also not the answer to anything

I swear to god! we better be a dominant force next year or i will go INSANE!!! I want to see players learn how to play with their head up and CONTROL the freaking ball!! LEARN how to pass for gods sake!!

TFC-Tyler
08-17-2008, 11:56 PM
I fully agree, I think they are color blind!! It was so horrible to watch i almost puked!!

Side note:

Jarrod SMith--SUCKS
Attakayora--SUCKS
Velez--SUCKS

I swear to god! we better be a dominant force next year or i will go INSANE!!! I want to see players learn how to play with their head up and CONTROL the freaking ball!! LEARN how to pass for gods sake!!
Attakora played good, and he was a bright spot.
Barrett is hustling like crazy, saying he sucks when in 3 games he already has a gamewinner is fucking stupid.
Ricketts does not suck, you clearly havent been watching the same games that we have.

The Oz
08-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Attakora played good, and he was a bright spot.
Barrett is hustling like crazy, saying he sucks when in 3 games he already has a gamewinner is fucking stupid.
Ricketts does not suck, you clearly dont know shit about footy.

Side note:

Jarrod SMith--SUCKS
Attakayora--SUCKS
Velez--SUCKS

I gotta say, your kinda half right. Attakayora was good, Ricketts was good, its only barretts third game in a tfc kit, and hemming and rosenlund are still a little green to me. Harmse everyone agrees is shite, but also velez and robert. Velez has been trying hard but he just doesnt have good footy sense to me, and robert after his first few games has been bad, not hustling when he loses it, no real show of heart at all.

vince93
08-18-2008, 08:55 AM
i think robert is just here to collect a pay check i'm sick of see his crosses go 40 yards past the end line.

mclaren
08-18-2008, 09:09 AM
You know what our biggest problem is? Control of the ball. When passes are made to our players the ball seems to bounce of their feet. This is the most basic skill in football but the most important.

jabbronies
08-18-2008, 09:12 AM
As a team they seem to be all over the place. They seem to be lacing leadership.
I think they need to:

- Get rid of Velez and bring in someone who can control the D line better.
- Stop getting red cards in the mid for fuck sakes so we can have everyone playing at the same time.
- get a quality striker
- Get rid of Suttan or send him to a goalie clinic. He gives up too many rebounds. and doesn't seem to know how to come out and challenge players.

LucaGol
08-18-2008, 09:21 AM
TFC players are not colour blind....they just lack the fundamental skills necessary to compete at this level. More than half our team would have trouble finding work in the USL...let alone the MLS or anywhere else for that matter.

vince93
08-18-2008, 09:51 AM
when they were up by a man for the whole 2nd half and were resorting to the long ball instead breaking down the red bulls D tells the whole story. I don't know if J.C. was happy with that style of play but one thing I know is that if you can't get one good scoring chance while being up one man for the whole second you fu**en sucKKK!!!

rocker
08-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Attakora played decently, although the purpose of the thread is to talk passing, and Attakora did have problems with that. I counted at least 3 times when he passed it right to the ShiteBull.

kitchener-TFC
08-18-2008, 10:05 AM

If I'm not mistaken, he just turned 17:p.

Boschmeister
08-18-2008, 10:13 AM
- Get rid of Suttan or send him to a goalie clinic. He gives up too many rebounds. and doesn't seem to know how to come out and challenge players.

I fully agree with this. I think there have been 3-4 plays this year where an opposing player had a break that Sutton could have challenged and didn't. It seems as if he has lacked some aggression this year.

RealG-TFC
08-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Wasn't Robert coming off an injury?

OneLoveOneEric
08-18-2008, 10:34 AM
I have said since before the season started that TFC supporters are suffering from a severe case of Blue Jays syndrome -- believing your team is a contender when it is in fact miles away.
There is nothing about this team that says playoffs were a realistic hope. Every signing that was made, the "positive thinkers" ignored everything we knew about these guys and focused only on the good aspects -- we knew Robert and Guevara were lazy cry-babies. We knew Ricketts was here because he can't cut it anywhere else. Ditto for Carver. We knew Harmse was an absurd signing (but he's Canadian :) ).... the list goes on and on.
The team is right where it should be. The coach is clearly incapable of getting them to buy in to a system of play, and the players are incapable of sticking to a plan, and capitalizing on chances.
We're not a striker away from success. Let's not become Liverpool supporters thinking that every year is our year. We're a long way away, but better than this time last year. Must keep moving forward......

dannyd
08-18-2008, 10:42 AM
You know what our biggest problem is? Control of the ball. When passes are made to our players the ball seems to bounce of their feet. This is the most basic skill in football but the most important.

You're right about that and one of the biggest reason is we panic on the ball because there are NO OPTIONS.

This is the biggest problem, our off-the-ball work. If everytime you receive the ball no one is getting open, or running and you never see a red shirt it will rattle you. When you don't have the ball you are still 100% part of the play and you should 100% of the time be either open or running into an open position to provide an outlet for the ball carrier or at least bringing opposition player out of position to cover you.

This and some other basic fundamentals seem to be lost once players join TFC. What is going on?!

LucaGol
08-18-2008, 10:50 AM
You're right about that and one of the biggest reason is we panic on the ball because there are NO OPTIONS.

This is the biggest problem, our off-the-ball work. If everytime you receive the ball no one is getting open, or running and you never see a red shirt it will rattle you. When you don't have the ball you are still 100% part of the play and you should 100% of the time be either open or running into an open position to provide an outlet for the ball carrier or at least bringing opposition player out of position to cover you.

This and some other basic fundamentals seem to be lost once players join TFC. What is going on?!

Nothing could be truer.

At one point during yesterday's game around the 75th minute when we should have been really pouring it on...Harmse or Robinson passed it to Attakora out on the right side...and he was utterly and completely isolated with 4 or 5 TFC players just walking or standing around the pitch.

The result...he tries a long pass up the field to Ricketts along the carpet...that predictably gets cut out by the Red Bulls defense.

Is this a bad pass...or the fault of Attakora's teammates not giving him options....probably a little of both.

It also came at a time when the commentators were saying how Osorio wanted his team to start playing like FC Barcelona.....don't give the ball carrier just one option...give them....3, 4, 5 options. This really forms the key of a potent and dynamic attack....off the ball work. Sure it might not always be glamourous on TV...but it produces chances, fluid football...and usually goals.

Captain Croatia
08-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Maybe they are, it seems as if all they do is dump the ball long to the other teams last man.