PDA

View Full Version : Reserves

Oblio2
05-17-2008, 07:07 PM
I satyed behind, mainly because the of waiting for the GO train and was watching the reserves play...decent game and a decent amount of people behind watching. With us in the stands and the crowd on the beer garden, id say a good 200.
It was 1-0 to TFC (res) when we left in the first half.
Good stuff

werewolf
05-17-2008, 07:11 PM
who scored?

ArteEtLabore
05-17-2008, 08:17 PM
who scored?

I watched the first half as well. The goal came off a header off of a corner kick.

Didn't catch who scored it, but (and this is going to make me sound like Nigel Reed) it was one of the African players. So either James, Tebily or Attikora-Gyan. I don't think it was Cunningham

werewolf
05-17-2008, 08:21 PM
where is GoTFC James with the match report? :D

Red CB Toronto
05-17-2008, 08:56 PM
The Reds won 1-0 off a first half goal from who I believe was Attikora-Gyan. Good Crowd, I had a good time.

torfchamilton
05-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Cunningham was lazy as usual. Stayed for the full game. My kids spoke to Carver and Mo. They asked them if there are any trades coming. Mo said no, but we are looking for a striker. Carver asked if any of my son's were strikers.2/4 said they were. One of my sons told Carver and Mo that Cunninghma was lazy. They both looked at eachother and grinned.

On one play Cunningham was sent through for a clear shot. He didn't take it and lost it. I looked the bench to see if there was any reaction. The Coach for the reserves looked up at Carver almost to say WTF, only for Carver to start laughing.

Christoff
05-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Cunningham was lazy as usual. Stayed for the full game. My kids spoke to Carver and Mo. They asked them if there are any trades coming. Mo said no, but we are looking for a striker. Carver asked if any of my son's were strikers.2/4 said they were. One of my sons told Carver and Mo that Cunninghma was lazy. They both looked at eachother and grinned.

On one play Cunningham was sent through for a clear shot. He didn't take it and lost it. I looked the bench to see if there was any reaction. The Coach for the reserves looked up at Carver almost to say WTF, only for Carver to start laughing.

that made my night, you need to highfive your kids for me haha

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-17-2008, 09:03 PM

Man. We need a striker badly. I think we would have turned at least one of the last two draws into wins if we had more quality at the forward position.

giambac
05-17-2008, 09:48 PM

Are you telling me cunningham played in the reserve game also.. I mean he palyed about 20 minutes in the Columbus game.

Cunningham maybe lazy but Dicchio looks like a turtle. It's time for Dicchio to hang up his boots. He just doesn't have it. I mean with our solid midfield who do a great job moving the ball up, it becomes a dead end when it gets to Dicchio. He can control it with the head and chest but the legs don't move and you can't play give and go with him.

I think TFC are keeping him and maybe next year move him to an assistant coach. We desperately need a striker. Their's 16-17 year old rep players playing ball in the the OSl better than our strikers. It's pathetic.

olegunnar
05-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Are you telling me cunningham played in the reserve game also.. I mean he palyed about 20 minutes in the Columbus game.

Cunningham maybe lazy but Dicchio looks like a turtle. It's time for Dicchio to hang up his boots. He just doesn't have it. I mean with our solid midfield who do a great job moving the ball up, it becomes a dead end when it gets to Dicchio. He can control it with the head and chest but the legs don't move and you can't play give and go with him.

I think TFC are keeping him and maybe next year move him to an assistant coach. We desperately need a striker. Their's 16-17 year old rep players playing ball in the the OSl better than our strikers. It's pathetic.

While I don't disagree with you at all, I think it is worth noting Dichio has a strained groin, as per Carvers post game. Still i agree with you his transition to coaching is happening faster than I think he and us expected.
It'll be interesting to see the line up on Wednesday.

Red CB Toronto
05-17-2008, 09:56 PM
TFC has a team rule regarding if you do not play something like 25 minutes or some number in that area, you either have to play the reserve game or go through a fitness session, It is there way of keeping everyone in shape.

Damien
05-17-2008, 09:57 PM
One of my sons told Carver and Mo that Cunninghma was lazy. They both looked at eachother and grinned.

Anyone have that classic photo of Cunningham standing in his pose? :lol:

torfchamilton
05-17-2008, 10:00 PM
I did say Cunningham is lazy, Dichio is not the answer either. We need that striker like Angel, somebody good in the air, can receive the ball into space and receive a ball with a man on his back. Hopefully this comes June 15 when the window opens(I think)

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-17-2008, 10:19 PM
the reserves played well, almost as well as the first team...bring on UTD!!

Red CB Toronto
05-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Anyone have that classic photo of Cunningham standing in his pose? :lol:

Is this the photo you seek out. enjoy.

http://www.jamd.com/image/g/80660273

Laurignano
05-18-2008, 12:07 AM
why dont we give lombardo a chance?

bignickel
05-18-2008, 01:31 AM

o.k, time to close the thread, people are starting to get silly!

Red CB Toronto
05-18-2008, 01:39 AM
I am really starting to like the type of game Jarrod Smith is bringing to the table, he was all over the field and had some good moves against the Crew. It was also good to see Kilian Elkinson get his first action of the season.

Marco2K
05-18-2008, 01:59 AM

I really hope you are kidding. Mo should be looking for someone to fill his spot.
he might not even be good enough to play for the Academy team.

James17930
05-18-2008, 07:05 AM
Oh Cunny. It's weird -- why do we always seem to have one lazy player who everyone hates and wants rid of?

Once they drop him I think we'll finally be rid of them all.

ag futbol
05-18-2008, 08:30 AM
:pbjtime:So who played a good game for the reserves?

Funny now these recaps always come down to who scored and how many wtf? moments there are

Batman
05-18-2008, 10:15 AM

Hahaha

Post of the Week:hump:

Fiin
05-18-2008, 10:22 AM

LOL, awesome, get ye rkids a McFlurry for that one.

Fiin
05-18-2008, 10:25 AM
I am really starting to like the type of game Jarrod Smith is bringing to the table, he was all over the field and had some good moves against the Crew. It was also good to see Kilian Elkinson get his first action of the season.

I am with you in the Smith dept. I would REALLY like to see him played. Wednesday I would like to see something like Smith go for 70 mins, then bring on Dichio to finish the deal.

I got a feeling Cunny is out come June anyways, hes only getting abit of time right now cause of the money I think. MLSE has always been known to push their high money guys down coaches throats (going back to Lumme lol) and I think the 8 mins a game avg is Carvers way of telling them all (MLSE and Cunty) where to go.

icecoldbeer
05-18-2008, 11:00 AM
One of my sons told Carver and Mo that Cunninghma was lazy. They both looked at eachother and grinned.

Your son is a legend in my books!

torfchamilton
05-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Recap:

Melo: very god in the midfield at holding the ball and distributed. I was really surprised with Melo, just b/c I only saw a few glimpses of him last year in the first team

Smith is solid. Really showed himself in the game and has proved that he can play with the big boys.

Defence looked solid. James and Tebily are solid, especially Tebily. He won some crucial tackles, is fast and knows his position. I know many people have said he has many brain farts while he was at Birmingham and Celtic, but definetely has class playing with reserves if that is a good thing.

James is good, but it was hard to gauge him b/c their Columbus' striker was Lombardo's equivalent.

Nana-A-G looks very strong and composed out there. I like what I saw

Now onto Lombardo, he works his tail off, but works hard sometimes for no reason. He makes a lot of useless runs that even if he was to get the ball he would be surrounded by 3-4 opposing players. He still has a hard time holding the ball with the defender on his ass.

Dunivant was ok, but I think mentally he is not enjoying playing with the reserves.

Roselund(sp): Didn't do anything special, but didn't do anything wrong either.

edwards was ok, but didn't have much work. He almost allowed a goal very similar to the first goal that was scored in Columbus

Gala was ok, he kept forgetting to check back into play. He always wanted the ball into space behind the defender. That wasn't happening, so Gala was taken out of the play easily. Instead he should have taken the man away and check back to receive the ball at his feet. I could see the reserves coach telling Gala to check back.

That is if for now. This is what I saw while chasing my youngest 2 in the empty stadium.

Fiin
05-18-2008, 11:33 AM
I am thinking maybe next home game after LA I might stay for the reserve game. I want to see how some of these guys are progressing. as alot of them are our future.

Oblio2
05-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Oh...and Tebily is huge.

Red CB Toronto
05-18-2008, 03:52 PM
There is not a Reserve League game after the game vs. the Galaxy, TFC's next reserve game is on Thursday morning at BMO vs. DCU. Kickoff is at 10 am.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-18-2008, 04:00 PM

because he''s crap!!:noidea: