PDA

View Full Version : TFC Blogs - Reports and Thoughts from TFC @ NYRB

ben_vw
08-17-2008, 06:41 PM
For those of us who run TFC blogs I figured we could post our thoughts from today's game here for our fellow RPB to read.

Here (http://benstfc.blogspot.com/2008/08/toronto-fc-v-new-york-red-bulls-match_17.html) is my post about today's game:

Brief Synopsis

A goal by Mike Magee in the 37th minute and another in stoppage time by Juan Pablo Angel gave us our ninth loss of the season. Gabriel Cichero was sent off in the 46th minute and TFC looked lacklustre in its attempts at an equalizer. Looks like its back to the drawing board, again.

Starting Eleven and Player Ratings

GK: Greg Sutton - 7 - Sutts was hung out to dry on both goals. Made a couple of nice saves, nothing special beyond that.
RB: Nana Attakora Gyan - 5 - He sent lots of stray passes to no one. Lots of promise, but not quite ready yet.
CB: Julius James - 6 - The rookie was our best defender on the day - a day where we looked out of sorts.
CB: Marco Velez - 4 - He sent stray passes, longs balls upfield to no one and his lack of pace showed on the goal.
LB: Jim Brennan - 5 - A particularly poor match for Jimmy. Was pretty much invisible out there.
RM: Rohann Ricketts - 6 - Ro did what he could to create some plays but is ideally a winger. At least tried to test Conway.
CM: Kevin Harmse - 4 - He cannot connect on simple passing plays and generally looks lost.
LM: Laurent Robert - 3 - He only played 45 minutes and contributed very little. A player of his quality should be contributing more!
FW: Chad Barrett - 6 - He forced his way through defenders on several occasions. It just didn't happen for him today.
FW: Ibee Ibrahim - 4 - He did very little in the first half and was subbed out after 45 minutes.

FW: Danny Dichio - NR - He went off injured after 2 minutes thanks to Cichero's elbow.
FW: Jarrod Smith - 2 - Back to the developmental roster, thanks for coming out. He was particularly poor.
LM: Johann Smith - 6 - He has phenomenal pace but had no help today. His potential is a positive.

Final Thought

After going up a man in the 46th minute we should have been off and running on the attack. We really missed Amado Guevara as there was no one to spark our attack. Until Dichio is healthy again, we should start with Johann Smith and Chad Barrett up front. Jo Smith's speed looks like it could be lethal. With 10 games left in the season, we are 7-9-4. At home, we still face New England, Columbus, Houston, and Chicago. As the points slip away so do our playoff hopes. All is not lost however, and I will optimistically hope for a late playoff push.

TFC-Tyler
08-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Brief Synopsis
FUCKING SHITE

Final Thoughts
FUCKING SHITE, FUCK THIS SHITE TEAM

MartinUtd
08-17-2008, 08:43 PM
From TFCsupporter.com

TFC fall 2-0 to NYRB (http://tfcsupporter.com/2008/tfc-fall-2-0-to-nyrb/)

The opening half was difficult to watch. Toronto could not string more than one pass together without losing possession. You really notice the difference in the team without having Amando Guevara. The reds didn’t look so hot defensively either as the entire back line was caught on their heels multiple times. You have to wonder why John Carver insists on punishing players for serving international call ups. As much as I’m a fan of the budding talent that is Attakora-Gyan, if a player like Marvell Wynne is available, you should use him.

Read More (http://tfcsupporter.com/2008/tfc-fall-2-0-to-nyrb/)

Wooster_TFC
08-17-2008, 08:55 PM
You forgot who the other CM was, I'll assume Robinson.

ag futbol
08-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Oh dude, Julius James - 6?
Nana - 5?

James probably was responsible for that goal. Nana defended pretty damn well on the outside.

Other than that i liked your blog.

DigzTFC!
08-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Nana had a good game. Julius was to blame on the first one....Velez busted his ass trying to get back. Velez was covering Angel and saw Magee run that James gave up on.

Dub Narcotic
08-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Nana's passing was terrible and he wasn't getting forward. He's alright, but we need Wynne back there.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Thought James was more to blame than Velez.
Also didnt think Robert was that bad, he was regularly sending balls in and noone was either receiving them or doing anything with em.
Regardless the whole team was complete shit.
Pathetic game

TFCREDNWHITE
08-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Synopsis:
TFC is SHITE!

Re-worded Synopsis:
We SUCK DONKEY BALLS!! I think any team from Englands League 2 can bend us over and rail us for ever!!!

TFC-Tyler
08-18-2008, 12:26 AM
I think any team from Englands League 2 can bend us over and rail us for ever!!!
Uh, obviously. That's hardly an insult.

jiforio
08-18-2008, 01:07 AM
Poor marking by James on the initial goal and not to mention a lack of effort on his part in trying to get back (just gave up) and made Velez look bad. On the second goal (not that it mattered) I could of sworn Angel was miles offside when the first ball was sent through and then he later returned into the play to score the goal?!?!

But honestly it's getting kind of ridiculous not walking away with three points especially when your up a man for a significant portion of the game. We've seen a lot of players come and go and we're still playing against many that sucked for us but are now doing well for their teams. Could it be the coaching??? I went to the open practice and was really disappointed with the lack of creativity and the level of quality that was at that practice from a coaching perspective. (I've actually never seen it sooo basic, the Lynx open practices were 150x better) Not only that but some of Carver's post game comments while amusing and even well earned from players' was inappropriate and almost amateurish to say the least. I will admit that the set pieces are working, but as far as the on-field positioning of players' defensively and then offensively as in opening up, providing an option and creating space, it almost doesn't exist and nothing is changing. I think Carver needs to step up his game, quit blaming management and everyone else for the team's poor results, man up, and get his troops playing TOGETHER and playing some proper soccer. And if he can't do that then it's time for him to start looking for a new job. Anyways.....just my two cents.,,,,I just can't stand not walking away with 3 points while a man up. *&#@@#!!

gtaguy
08-18-2008, 09:08 AM
unbelievable to think that half a game with a man up and you still could not generate offense.
pathetic to think that with 11 players were were outworked by the shite bulls
pathetic to think that we can't put together more then two passes without loosing the ball.
And whats up with the defense clearing the ball out by booting it to the other teams end.
No Midfield. No leadership and not a lot of teamwork.....

someone tell our strikers that you don't need to be on the goal line to shoot the ball