PDA

View Full Version : Nice Work Travelling RPB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigLou
08-17-2008, 06:22 PM
I just wanted to say that you guys rocked that place especially at the end when our boys needed a boost. I could hear you guys for most of the game. Way to represent!!!!

manic.street.preacher
08-17-2008, 06:39 PM
^^true say, you guys rocked that joint :D

BC101
08-17-2008, 06:41 PM
you heard them? are you sure that wasn't the NYC supporters cos iam fairly sure it was. You DO know some of the songs that we use they use right? LOL.

twistedchinaman
08-17-2008, 06:42 PM
They deserve a huge pat on the back.

TheRenter
08-17-2008, 06:43 PM
you heard them? are you sure that wasn't the NYC supporters cos iam fairly sure it was. You DO know some of the songs that we use they use right? LOL.

no it was us, i heard them too, way to go guys n gals

Sonny Cheeba
08-17-2008, 06:44 PM
i heard the new york version of "we love you" quite a few times. i didn't really hear our supporters, but i didn't expect to, that stadium is shit.

but good job nonetheless.... i know you were making noise

BC101
08-17-2008, 06:45 PM
at MOST i THINK I heard the "We love you" song AT MOST i didn't hear Dichio I didn't hear anything else. I heard NYC's big drum and i had my TV volume set to max... which is 100 LOL. So yeah Pardon if i have a hard time believing it. But maybe you're right who knows LOL.

Roogsy
08-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Gotta agree with BC...I dont think I heard them, but that is probably due to the mic setup.

But god bless'em for showing up and having to endure that disaster. They are suffering 10x more than we are in the comfort of our homes (or in my case...hotel room).

red_polka_dots
08-17-2008, 06:46 PM
yup, heard them too...way to go guys.

BC101
08-17-2008, 06:46 PM
i heard the new york version of "we love you" quite a few times. i didn't really hear our supporters, but i didn't expect to, that stadium is shit.

but good job nonetheless.... i know you were making noise

THATS what i heard to the New York version of it... And their version of TFC Allez... Or the Dichio song or whatever the fuck you wanna call it... and a weird variant of "Viva Ronaldo" And a very loud and a very big drum somewhere or two.

BC101
08-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Gotta agree with BC...I dont think I heard them, but that is probably due to the mic setup.

But god bless'em for showing up and having to endure that disaster. They are suffering 10x more than we are in the comfort of our homes (or in my case...hotel room).

Also when I saw some TFC shirts they were on the second level by the looks of it. Cos i saw a balcony LOL... I know they were probably singing but dont give credit when it was CLEARLY the NYC peeps singin them loud songs.

BTW the NYC Simpsons banner is awesome LOL.

kelzag
08-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Have to agree with BC & Roogs...couldn't hear our guys & gals, but bear in mind that it's a cavernous stadium and guaranteed we were put in the nosebleeds.
Big props to any Road Warriors though!!

mclaren
08-17-2008, 06:58 PM
didnt' hear them - i think they were the Red Bulls fans.

red_polka_dots
08-17-2008, 06:59 PM
LoL, ha,ha,ha, LOL...who am I?

BC101
08-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Just another TFC section RPB LOL. But its great you guys should get a medal.. Source of ENDLESS comedy.

red_polka_dots
08-17-2008, 07:05 PM
so true...LOL

adampz
08-17-2008, 07:35 PM
It was fun...we were low in numbers, and some people there were just sitting, but we kept on singing all game.

BC101
08-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Not Loud Enough LOL. kidding

CoachGT
08-17-2008, 07:40 PM
At the York RPB pub, we clearly heard a round of TFC Reject when Goldthwaite went down!

adampz
08-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Some of us also met Greg Suttons mom:) When we were walking around the stadium, some red bull fans waved us over, now these werent supporter groups, just some guys supporting the team, they invited us over, let us drink their beers and hang around there. Then outta no where appeared some lady in tfc gear, we asked her if shes from toronto, and she said no but my son is, he's greg sutton. Bottom line is greg suttons mom is pretty cool and not all red bull fans are assholes....most of them though.

BC101
08-17-2008, 07:44 PM
I did hear that but doesn't change the fact that the "We Love you" song wasn't them LOL.

BC101
08-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Some of us also met Greg Suttons mom:) When we were walking around the stadium, some red bull fans waved us over, now these werent supporter groups, just some guys supporting the team, they invited us over, let us drink their beers and hang around there. Then outta no where appeared some lady in tfc gear, we asked her if shes from toronto, and she said no but my son is, he's greg sutton. Bottom line is greg suttons mom is pretty cool and not all red bull fans are assholes....most of them though.

I'd hate us too for singing that ridiculous Red Bulls are shite song when its clear who really is.

Sonny Cheeba
08-17-2008, 07:45 PM

hot?

BC101
08-17-2008, 07:46 PM
hot?

Yeah Co signed..

I would to also like to know if she was hot.

adampz
lol ahhh not really, shes old.

ochos
think all you nay sayers are wrong.. I could make out many RPB songs today... I was even singing along to 'em

I have exceptional hearing though.. dunno bout you old twats ;)

BC101
08-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Shame that... were there any hot NYC chicks?

Sonny Cheeba
08-17-2008, 07:48 PM
lol ahhh not really, shes old.

you're a youngun though right? what 16 or 17

maybe you don't have the appreciation for older women than we do.

i'd just like them to keep their bras on. no need to scrub the floor.

adampz
08-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Ya there were a couple, one of the ball girls at the game looked about my age and she was hot, watchin her run around cheered me up a bit

BC101
08-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Thata way...

adampz
08-17-2008, 07:50 PM
How olds greg sutton? add atleast 30 to that.

BC101
08-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Any Cougars?

Sonny Cheeba
08-17-2008, 07:52 PM
well sutton's age isn't the problem. you see, he gets his hair cut by a blind person.

tfc-th
08-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Some of us also met Greg Suttons mom:)

She was very nice to come over and chat with us. I couldn't resist asking her to pose for a picture with me. :)

http://www.tinykiwi.org/misc-pics/gregs_mother.jpg

And as much as we taunted the Red Bulls fans, the Red Bulls fans that invited us to their tailgate, gave us beers, and had a laugh with us were absolutely top class. I found everyone to be friendly up close (and, of course, taunts were hurled from afar). In fact, they even posed with the flag!

http://www.tinykiwi.org/misc-pics/rb_fans_flag.jpg

BC101
08-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Hot chicks?

tfc-th
08-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Hot chicks?

The young woman who accompanied me to the match was most pleasant, so I didn't really look...... You believe me, right? There weren't that many people there anyway, so the odds were stacked against such a thing.

The most irritating thing was the beefed up security presence around us. Did it really take five NJSEA staff members at each of four entrances to our section to make sure we weren't jumped by the two RB fans that came up to stare at us, or to turf out the TFC supporters who didn't have tickets for that exact section? They really went overboard to attempt to intimidate. However, they all looked like retired school teachers to me.

adampz
08-17-2008, 11:11 PM
The young woman who accompanied me to the match was most pleasant, so I didn't really look...... You believe me, right? You mean the lady in the black shirt? That wasnt your wife or girlfriend?

TFCREDNWHITE
08-17-2008, 11:16 PM
It was an MSG feed so all the mics were set up in front of NYRB supporters! bastards!

TheHollister
08-17-2008, 11:40 PM
The most irritating thing was the beefed up security presence around us. Did it really take five NJSEA staff members at each of four entrances to our section to make sure we weren't jumped by the two RB fans that came up to stare at us, or to turf out the TFC supporters who didn't have tickets for that exact section? They really went overboard to attempt to intimidate. However, they all looked like retired school teachers to me.

Yeah, really. When I went out a halftime to get a drink, the little hall that lead to the entrance of the section was filled with security.

We were not singing the whole time, but we did sing. I thought I was going to go deaf from standing so close to the drum...

adampz
08-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah, really. When I went out a halftime to get a drink, the little hall that lead to the entrance of the section was filled with security.

We were not singing the whole time, but we did sing. I thought I was going to go deaf from standing so close to the drum... The guy from NEE playing the drum was awesome, he was going all game long, i cant seem to remember his name though, i met so many people today, and im so bad with names, it a shame.

TheHollister
08-17-2008, 11:48 PM
The guy from NEE playing the drum was awesome, he was going all game long, i cant seem to remember his name though, i met so many people today, and im so bad with names, it a shame.
QFT, he was great.
And damn me, his name is on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't remember...Maz maybe? Something like that?

BC101
08-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Masarawy....

TheHollister
08-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Masarawy....
Merci beaucoup. :)

BC101
08-17-2008, 11:59 PM
any time HM LOL sorry i bailed on ya but iam glad i didn't go LOL.

tfc-th
08-18-2008, 07:04 AM
You mean the lady in the black shirt? That wasnt your wife or girlfriend?

Sadly, no. Although I wouldn't be hurt if she ever wanted to take on that role. :) She's a friend from California who moved to New York recently. I was actually coming down to NY this weekend to visit her and some other friends from my time living here, so I invited her to go yesterday. It was her first football match ever.

Technorgasm
08-18-2008, 07:50 AM
any time HM LOL sorry i bailed on ya but iam glad i didn't go LOL.

I am also glad Ididnt go.

I thought the supporters we VERY louD!!! I heard plenty of classic RPB tunes. . GREAT JOB!

I wasnt about to miss out on:

1 - the cottage
2 - START of the prem!!
3 - Drinkin with a bunch of souced-up Scotts at a Pub in the middle of nowhere and gettin into a wind up between a Hib and a hearts fan while Everton went down and Liverpool were saved from the fire by my fantasy team striker Fernando Torres.

WALK ON

Daveisonfire
08-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Mic placement is key

billyfly
08-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Other than the 2 MLS NYRB announcers for the game (as seen on the Score) I didn t know teh RB had fans.

What a bunch of homers.

rocker
08-18-2008, 10:19 AM
i heard the NY fans chanting "Bolton Reject" for Smith.

BC101
08-18-2008, 11:40 AM
I am also glad Ididnt go.

I thought the supporters we VERY louD!!! I heard plenty of classic RPB tunes. . GREAT JOB!

I wasnt about to miss out on:

1 - the cottage
2 - START of the prem!!
3 - Drinkin with a bunch of souced-up Scotts at a Pub in the middle of nowhere and gettin into a wind up between a Hib and a hearts fan while Everton went down and Liverpool were saved from the fire by my fantasy team striker Fernando Torres.

WALK ON

Iam telling you those were NYC fans... singing their just using our songs... Even the Colorado supporters group are using TFC songs as their own now.

Nomad
08-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Iam telling you those were NYC fans... singing their just using our songs... Even the Colorado supporters group are using TFC songs as their own now.

You speak the truth. I was at the game (and still in NYC) and they were chanting to a lot of our tunes. Sometimes we would chant our tunes to the same melody when they would start in on theirs. There were sometimes long breaks between chanting this game. A lot of people sitting down as well (i am at fault for this also...was feeling a little faint in the second half and almost passed out at one point).

Late in the first half about 5 gay skinheads came up to out level and started taunting us for a fight from 4 sections over. It was quite pathetic. I wouldn't even say there was 10,000 for this game. It looked horrible. The ESC on the opposite end looked ok. I do admire supporters who still give it their all despite the FO, the stadium and lack of fans and atmosphere. As far as game day goes, this was the worst roadtrip ever as far as atmosphere goes from both us and them. Then again, you're in NYC so everything else is awesome.

BC101
08-18-2008, 01:09 PM
gay skinheads? LOL is there such a thing?

Nomad
08-18-2008, 01:21 PM
gay skinheads? LOL is there such a thing?

I dunno if they were really gay, but they were acting like it...

...and yes, there is such a thing. In fact, it's more prevalent than you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7uvs5sweio&feature=related

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gay+skinheads

www.worldskins.com/ (http://www.worldskins.com/)

BC101
08-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Wow thats gay... LOL

Sorry Road warriors I know you made the trip and all but I just know it weren't you guys I heard on TV and for some reason I can't let you guys have credit for something you didn't do LOL.

adampz
08-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Sadly, no. Although I wouldn't be hurt if she ever wanted to take on that role. :) She's a friend from California who moved to New York recently. I was actually coming down to NY this weekend to visit her and some other friends from my time living here, so I invited her to go yesterday. It was her first football match ever. Ya she was a total hottie.

Marco2K
08-18-2008, 03:45 PM
there is no way it was them

some people on this board are dumb enough to think we made up all those chants.

remember tfc is in year 2

Empire End 101
08-18-2008, 03:53 PM
It was an MSG feed so all the mics were set up in front of NYRB supporters! bastards!

Mic placement is key

FYI

MSG is the local broadcaster here for NY. The do not have nor have they ever had field mics. (The kind that have a microphone on them that look like a long turd that are placed on the ouskirts of the playing field.) MSG uses two douchebags with directional mics (you know the kind that look like saucers with a mic in the middle) and they are at midfield pointed away from the crowd and towards the field.

So this idea we had mics placed near us is absurd. They were just as close to you as they were us. The only time we get field mic'd games is if FSC or ESPN does the broadcast.

Empire End 101
08-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Wow thats gay... LOL

Sorry Road warriors I know you made the trip and all but I just know it weren't you guys I heard on TV and for some reason I can't let you guys have credit for something you didn't do LOL.

All the songs audible on TV were from ESC. I have seen the game 3 times now, trust me its all ESC. But its not a critisism of TFC fans that were there, i thought you brought solid numbers considering the distance and the Sunday gametime. Its very very rare to get heard on TV in Giants as away fans, hell its hard enough for us, the acoustics in that place are horrible.

Also, we had a banner we were going to hang for you guys but the guy who made it had an emergency and couldn't make it.

It said "BMO Field = Real Futbol Only" and had an Argonaught helmet with a red line circle though it.

Empire End 101
08-18-2008, 04:01 PM
The ESC on the opposite end looked ok. I do admire supporters who still give it their all despite the FO, the stadium and lack of fans and atmosphere.

Thanks for the kind words. I have never seen us outside the section as i am always in it. What did it look like?

BC101
08-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey can you get me a picture of that Simpsons banner you guys have? LOL its class.

Empire End 101
08-18-2008, 04:03 PM

Your songs?

No offense but we have been singing most these songs for years. What ones are you refering to?

BC101
08-18-2008, 04:04 PM
"our songs" as in just a figure of speech... I know they ripped each and everyone off from somewhere.

FluSH
08-18-2008, 04:14 PM

They did We love you better than we do...

:(

BC101
08-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Yeah I noticed that too... And their banners are better LOL that Simpsons banner was top gear LOL.

Empire End 101
08-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Hey can you get me a picture of that Simpsons banner you guys have? LOL its class.

I know we have photos somewhere but in the mean time..if you pause this video at 0:47 there is a close up of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3L6fKhRvSE

EDIT:

Found one

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9509/brooklynor0.jpg

TFC-Tyler
08-18-2008, 04:23 PM
No offense Britchat, but how are you positve that it was all Red Bulls fans, and not our own doing any of the chants? I see a few people here saying they saw/heard, then you shutting them down, apparently positive that they werent our own.

I'm just wondering if there is a reason you know for sure, or if it's just kinda an adding one and one thing with the same thing happening everytime we play in New York, I really dont know the chants by heart.

BC101
08-18-2008, 04:25 PM
PROBABLY because a guy from the ESC just came in and said so. And as loud as the 300+ of us were in Chicago when I watched the match on TV I BARELY heard us... there was probably not even 100 of them in NYC... In what way does that make any sense? 300 vs 100? stadium with horrible acoustics as was ADMITTED to by one of the people going there every week compared to Chicago's Toyota park... Not that great for acoustics either but way better than Giants stadium...

Iam not one to give credit where its not due... and simple fact is I DIDNT even hear them sing Dichio 23:13 which is this groups fave song... Why would they sing "We Love you" THAT loud to
A.Over come the endless vastness of Giants stadium
B.The NYRB supporters

Empire End 101
08-18-2008, 04:28 PM
No offense Britchat, but how are you positve that it was all Red Bulls fans, and not our own doing any of the chants?

Listen, i dont want to get too in the thick of this, but i know what my boys sound like and what they sing, i can tell straight up that the songs you heard were coming from 101. Hell i could even pick out the song leader's voice in a lot of them...he's pretty distinct in his vocals.

That said, dont take it as some slight to your lot, as i explained earlier that palce is reknown for crap acoustics, i am sure your boys were singing..it looked to me like they were from where i was standing, but i am certain the crap directional MSG mic's didnt pick them up.

BC101
08-18-2008, 04:29 PM
I know we have photos somewhere but in the mean time..if you pause this video at 0:47 there is a close up of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3L6fKhRvSE

EDIT:

Found one

Hahaha thats so cool... It seems it was made for the Metrostars but you still use it hahaha awesome anyways.

alexintoronto
08-18-2008, 04:29 PM
I think Britchat is biased :D

BC101
08-18-2008, 04:30 PM
I think Britchat is biased :D

ROFLMAO!!!! nearly forgot about that LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Empire End 101
08-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Hahaha thats so cool... It seems it was made for the Metrostars but you still use it hahaha awesome anyways.

Definatly. Its my favorite too. Little Ralphie in a DC kit eating paste getting thumped by a Metro Hooligan is priceless.

BC101
08-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Did you guys paint the simpsons characters after drawing them onto something? or did you get them screened somewhere?

Empire End 101
08-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Did you guys paint the simpsons characters after drawing them onto something? or did you get them screened somewhere?

Drew by hand then painted by hand on canvas.

Stencils
08-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Drew by hand then painted by hand on canvas.

Definitely top notch.

GhostPK
08-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Well the fact remains that the red bulls are shite.... we're just covered under them.

TFC-Tyler
08-18-2008, 07:33 PM
PROBABLY because a guy from the ESC just came in and said so. And as loud as the 300+ of us were in Chicago when I watched the match on TV I BARELY heard us... there was probably not even 100 of them in NYC... In what way does that make any sense? 300 vs 100? stadium with horrible acoustics as was ADMITTED to by one of the people going there every week compared to Chicago's Toyota park... Not that great for acoustics either but way better than Giants stadium...

Iam not one to give credit where its not due... and simple fact is I DIDNT even hear them sing Dichio 23:13 which is this groups fave song... Why would they sing "We Love you" THAT loud to
A.Over come the endless vastness of Giants stadium
B.The NYRB supporters
Okay, as I said, I didnt read thethread, just the first page yesterday and I was just wondering.

Thanks for not getting upset, I wasnt accusing you, I just wasnt sure.

ESC 101
08-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Found one

The guy on the left hanging off of the fence is me. This is a picture from Wilmington, NC when we played USL-2 Wilmington Hammerheads in the open cup. They made us take the fucking banner down after we dragged it 14 hours from NY.

I was slightly pissed.:banghead:

But anyway, kudos to those of you who traveled to watch that. I hate Sunday matches.

KrazyKanadian
08-18-2008, 09:05 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/2775992721_3b0263883f.jpg

FluSH
08-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Yeah I noticed that too... And their banners are better LOL that Simpsons banner was top gear LOL.

and people around here say we are top of the league??? Who are we kidding... We have a SHITLOAD of work to do.

BC101
08-18-2008, 09:52 PM
and people around here say we are top of the league??? Who are we kidding... We have a SHITLOAD of work to do.
Gospel....

Nomad
08-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Toronto is tops in numbers....but numbers mean fuck all because it includes hanger ons and dead weight which is in abundance.

Having said that, i do believe Toronto is tops in banners and tifos. The north end owns it, you can bank on that.

BC101
08-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Tifos sure and you got a great banner there but NYC had a lot of very cool and creative banners that I saw.

Nomad
08-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I have never seen us outside the section as i am always in it. What did it look like?

You guys had some nice choreographed jumping to the left or right that looked real nice. We could hear you for a lot of the match which is better than i can say for other road trips i've been on. With your lack of numbers though, i'd suggest having more flags or tifos to make up for it.

GSS looked pathetic...why? Because they are...if you're gonna bother to come up on our level then fucking bring it. Skinheads? Nah, more like Joisey cornball skindicks.

I'm still in NYC, i'll be here until Friday. I've talked with many people out at the bars and when they ask me why i'm here i get the same reaction every time. "NY has a soccer team? Get the fuck outta here, i didn't know that!". .....seriously, i kid you not, not one person i've met (and i generally hang out in a scene where football is pretty prevalent) knew they had a team. Time to put in some advertising dollars RBNY, no wonder you had less than 10,000 show up. Fucking pathetic.

Nomad
08-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Tifos sure and you got a great banner there but NYC had a lot of very cool and creative banners that I saw.

Not for nothing, but there is nothing creative about a Simpsons banner. You can insert Calvin and Hobbes for Simpsons as well.

BC101
08-18-2008, 10:42 PM
you can but we don't best thing we've had was bevis or butthead whatever one of those two it is. I also saw a Road Runner banner with Coyote on it... The chinese banner etc etc.

Nomad
08-18-2008, 10:44 PM
you can but we don't best thing we've had was bevis or butthead whatever one of those two it is. I also saw a Road Runner banner with Coyote on it... The chinese banner etc etc.

Do you not look north?

:noidea:

BC101
08-18-2008, 10:46 PM
yeah yeah yeah TIFOS and a really cool banner but thats all I ever see... Nevermind I can see no reasoning with the unreasonable... Agree to disagree.

blackandwhite
08-18-2008, 10:47 PM

and last time you came to help paint a banner is......

BC101
08-18-2008, 10:48 PM
The Wheres the passion lads banner... Nice try though.
Not that its any of yer business... Just cos i said they have nice and creative banners... What difference does it make to you? I forgot supporterhood is only bestowed upon those who paint banners... No wonder everyone has those ridiculous "Part Time Supporter" things in their sig.

Anyways Nomad and NEE people iam not saying yers are crap iam not saying that at all Iam saying that NYC had some really nice and creative banners... So do you guys but i just happened to like that Simpsons one.

Whoop
08-19-2008, 12:11 AM
P.S. It's been said already but it has to be said again.

But I hope Toronto City Council/MLS was watching the game last night because fuck it was hard to watch that game - TFC's quality aside.

And the stadium was devoid of any atmosphere. Can't fault ESC, they did their best, but man, it's bad.

There was a guy lounged out in one of the seats, reading a book!

Sonny Cheeba
08-19-2008, 12:15 AM
For the most part BC is right. The numbers were disappointing but most of us knew that coming in. Sunday at 5 p.m. is shit time. I mean if we were two or three hours apart then fine, but not when you're 8 hours by car at best.
Having said that while there were about 50 of us there, only about 15-20 people were really making noise and for the most part the NEE guys were the ones that really brought it.
ESC is a lot better now that they are all in one section, but that shitty stadium doesn't help.
GSS... no comment.

I figure the Oct. 4th game will be better.

Still pissed TFC could not get a point on the road after playing half the game a man up.

And the Road Warriors banners needs some weights sewn in at the bottom.

Ending up staying at the same hotel as the team. Ended up seeing them before the game having their pre-game meal and listening in on Carver talk to some players before the game. Once back at the hotel, saw some players getting ready to go out. As my gf said, they didn't deserve to go out after the game they played.

At the end of the day we tried. Next year should be a lot better when Red Bulls get their new SSS.

Despite all that, I will try to make it again on the 4th.

your girlfriend is right. that's ridiculous. maybe they didn't play well on the pitch because they were excited about going out in big old NYC.

they should have been getting ready to practice.

Whoop
08-19-2008, 12:24 AM
True enough.

But as ANY athlete will tell you, "Win or lose, hit the booze."

Hell, you can count the supporters in that one too.

adampz
08-19-2008, 12:41 AM
P.S. It's been said already but it has to be said again.

But I hope Toronto City Council/MLS was watching the game last night because fuck it was hard to watch that game - TFC's quality aside.

And the stadium was devoid of any atmosphere. Can't fault ESC, they did their best, but man, it's bad.

There was a guy lounged out in one of the seats, reading a book! lol HOWS YOUR BOOK!?!?!??! HOWS YOUR BOOK!?!?! that was a great chant

Miko
08-19-2008, 09:28 AM
[quote=Whoopee;143863]

Ending up staying at the same hotel as the team. Ended up seeing them before the game having their pre-game meal and listening in on Carver talk to some players before the game. Once back at the hotel, saw some players getting ready to go out. As my gf said, they didn't deserve to go out after the game they played.

quote]

We stayed there as well. What was really funny was that a few of the players (Velez, Smith, Barrett) were in the hotel bar having a drink when we walked in. Mrs Miko was still wearing her TFC shirt and the players were standing there looking like they were expecting her to go up and say hi and she blanked them.

They looked kind of hurt.

Classic.

Saw Dichio and Ricketts in the lobby as well (still in TFC gear). Dichio looked ok but was holding his back when walking so maybe he didn't aggravate the concussion.

ct2ram
08-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Well, was bored/hungover at work on Monday and figured I would check out your forum to see how you guys enjoyed your trip to NY, err NJ. Didn't expect to see the picture of my friend and I holding your flag, so thought that was funny as shit. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for stopping by our tailgate, it was fun as shit hanging out with the Red Patch Boys (and I think Northend Elite). And if you guys come down in Oct., be sure to keep an eye out for us. We will bring more beer next time.

tfc-th
08-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Well, was bored/hungover at work on Monday and figured I would check out your forum to see how you guys enjoyed your trip to NY, err NJ. Didn't expect to see the picture of my friend and I holding your flag, so thought that was funny as shit. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for stopping by our tailgate, it was fun as shit hanging out with the Red Patch Boys (and I think Northend Elite). And if you guys come down in Oct., be sure to keep an eye out for us. We will bring more beer next time.

I warned you I'd post that photo. ;)

Let me tell you, you guys made our day. The young lady I was with said afterwards, "It was awesome how friendly everyone was. Especially those guys that invited us over and offered us their beer."

Thanks for being so classy, and for having a good sense of humour! You're more than welcome to come up for a match, and we'll provide some frosty barley goodness!