PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Pitch: Painted Concrete?

zeelaw
08-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Anyone else notice the ball glided around the field.

Ignore the horrible looks of the pitch. The ball just seemed like it was on ice the whole time.

NF-FC
08-17-2008, 06:02 PM
the redbulls sure as hell seemed to deal with it.

BigLou
08-17-2008, 06:24 PM
The bounces as well were pretty bad. As they say though, both teams play on the same pitch.

king10
08-17-2008, 06:26 PM
The bounces as well were pretty bad. As they say though, both teams play on the same pitch.

however only one team has to practise on it all year round;)

SilverSamurai
08-17-2008, 06:33 PM
That looked pretty bad I must admit.

rocker
08-17-2008, 06:35 PM
it's a very different field turf than BMO's.. you could see it in the bounces and ball flow.

Roogsy
08-17-2008, 06:38 PM
It's homefield advantage and good for them for taking advantage of it. Lord knows we should do the same at BMO Field. But it is a horrible pitch to play on. Why? Because it's an NFL ground. Reason 577 why MLS teams should not share their grounds with American Football (CFL included) teams.

windsorlad111
08-17-2008, 06:40 PM
we have a farkin awful pitch. there is no way we can comment on anther teams pitch as an excuse when we lose. cock.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-17-2008, 06:44 PM
It's shit, I can't imagine how hard it would be to play on that pitch. You've got this faint as hell yellow touchline and the stupid gridiron lines are enough to confuse anyone. Plus also, it's shit.

zeelaw
08-17-2008, 07:10 PM
we have a farkin awful pitch. there is no way we can comment on anther teams pitch as an excuse when we lose. cock.
did you just call me a cock?

And I never used it as an excuse for why we lost...

Re-read my post, delete yours and bugger off.

rocker
08-17-2008, 07:19 PM

you failed the RPB Board reading comprehension test.

nobody in this thread said it was excuse.

people are just commenting on the pitch, which was more like old astroturf than BMO's field turf.
I saw some of the craziest "reverse bounces" on that NFL field turf. haven't seen it like that at BMO.

BC101
08-17-2008, 07:20 PM
LOL Who the fuck calls someone a "Cock" LMFAO... RPB's LOL.

Sonny Cheeba
08-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Britters is a cock.

BC101
08-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Cock a doodle Doo...Commentators eye.
bApoeE2anaI

Sonny Cheeba
08-17-2008, 07:26 PM
AHAHAHAAAHAHAH i laughed out loud. you fuckin love that video!

no need for commentators eye today... the pitch looked like shit.

"i'd love to say commentators eye, but we all know NFL/MLS sharing looks the cock"

BC101
08-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Apparently LOL as our friend scottish guy commentator would say "NFL and MLS sharing stadiums... Who's a dick" LOL.

Sonny Cheeba
08-17-2008, 07:31 PM
HIJACK!!!

LqJycru2DT8

"WHAT DID I FUCKIN SAY?!?!"

"brilliant stuff from the tictalk commentator psychic"

BC101
08-17-2008, 07:34 PM
WHy didn't you post that in the other thread LOL.

Sonny Cheeba
08-17-2008, 07:39 PM
because i can't remember what thread it was...

does it matter?

maybe i'll just start a Scottish Humour thread in Off Topic..... one day.

TFC-Tyler
08-17-2008, 07:41 PM
really didnt notice to be honest, I was too busy watching our players bend over and lube themselves.

BC101
08-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Lube Lol

Mark in Ottawa
08-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Gotta admit, on TV that pitch looked awful what with all that NFL paint, yard markers and fat "pointy ball" sidelines!

Let's hope that never happens to BMO field.

TFC-Tyler
08-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Gotta admit, on TV that pitch looked awful what with all that NFL paint, yard markers and fat "pointy ball" sidelines!

Let's hope that never happens to BMO field.
You know full well it's called football, calling it 'pointy ball' is pretty damn silly.

BC101
08-17-2008, 09:11 PM
so those american point/running ball lines were sure an unsightly annoyance to my footy viewing.

T_Mizz
08-17-2008, 09:31 PM
The difference is that they're building a new park with real grass

heather
08-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Cock a doodle Doo...Commentators eye.
bApoeE2anaI

LMAO BC that is awesome!!!! :smilielol5:

anyone who can tell me what he's saying from :30-:36 deserves a prize lol gotta love the scots

BC101
08-17-2008, 10:20 PM
"And that is a fucking sending off, cheating hun bastard, if you ever saw one.... If in doubt cheat yer way out thats the Rangers Philosophy look at this.. you bastard.. get to fuck" LOL

I Had a hard time understandin them too then Sonny told me LOL.

BC101
08-17-2008, 10:24 PM
On another note think we can tempt away Nakamura from Celtic to come play on our lush plastic pitch WITH possible american running ball lines on it?

NateDoGG
08-17-2008, 10:32 PM
all i know is i wanted to change the channel
i cannot stand watching a soccer game on a fuckin american football field... thats like college level

get a fuckin PRO stadium for SOCCER red bulls (areshite)

king10
08-17-2008, 10:35 PM
The difference is that they're building a new park with real grass

actually last i heard rbp is on hold and construction has haulted because the government had taken back the land

FluSH
08-17-2008, 10:35 PM

:yellow:

As stated on my pm:

...let's stay away from unprovoked insults... if the shit is provoked it's fair game (at least in my books).

-FluSH

Kickit09
08-17-2008, 10:48 PM
I dont know how MLS can allow games to be played on that garbage. its bad enough its turf but add in the throwball lines and what a disaster that pitch is.

Sonny Cheeba
08-17-2008, 10:49 PM
"And that is a fucking sending off, cheating hun bastard, if you ever saw one.... If in doubt cheat yer way out thats the Rangers Philosophy look at this.. you bastard.. get to fuck" LOL

I Had a hard time understandin them too then Sonny told me LOL.

yup the full transcription can be found here

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=4480

Sonny Cheeba
08-17-2008, 10:51 PM
LMAO BC that is awesome!!!! :smilielol5:

anyone who can tell me what he's saying from :30-:36 deserves a prize lol gotta love the scots

what's my prize? check my post above for the link.

heather
08-17-2008, 11:14 PM
LMAO oh man guess i should be thanking Toronto Bhoy for posting it first! That thread is awesome!! :D

LOL i dont know who are you but if i see you on the 20th or 23rd you're definitely getting a prize

"... he's got to go, he's got to walk, he's got to get to fuck...who's a dick... that is a sending off cheating-hun-bastard, if you ever saw one. 'if in doubt, cheat your way out' that is the rangers philosophy. look at this. you bastard, get to fuck" classic!!!

BC101
08-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Toronto Bhoy didnt' post it first.. Sonny did... in a Thread i created for Commentators LOL

heather
08-17-2008, 11:21 PM
^^ lol sad to have missed that thread!

so who is the commentator from the clip??

Bars92
08-17-2008, 11:32 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=54&pictureid=720

Without the lines. But still hard as f*ck I'm sure.

GhostPK
08-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Those lines were brutal. It would be so distracting to play on.

Sonny Cheeba
08-17-2008, 11:36 PM
Toronto Bhoy didnt' post it first.. Sonny did... in a Thread i created for Commentators LOL

he posted it in a PM to me first! so thanks to him. i think i mentioned it in that thread.

Sonny Cheeba
08-18-2008, 12:25 AM
LMAO oh man guess i should be thanking Toronto Bhoy for posting it first! That thread is awesome!! :D

LOL i dont know who are you but if i see you on the 20th or 23rd you're definitely getting a prize

"... he's got to go, he's got to walk, he's got to get to fuck...who's a dick... that is a sending off cheating-hun-bastard, if you ever saw one. 'if in doubt, cheat your way out' that is the rangers philosophy. look at this. you bastard, get to fuck" classic!!!

yeah i'll be there both days.... don't think i'll be making the march on wednesday. i have to meet up with my friend who's going and he's usually pretty slow to get going anywhere.

23rd will have to be the day. woo woo.

Fort York Redcoat
08-18-2008, 08:14 AM
NY clearly had the advantage when it came to the surface. There were passes that zipped or bounced right by our guys and NY had the smarts to crowd our boys and force sloppy play. They may play on something similar to ours but not close enough. And yeah I gonna mention the lines. Bush.

joel
08-18-2008, 10:20 AM
I've played at the meadowlands, it's really hard, and it hurts like hell when you fall. It's just a mangled clump of rubber. And about one inch thick and that's beign generous. So many long balls that went out of bounds yesterday.

james
08-18-2008, 11:38 AM
well Red Bulls may have the worst stadium in the league right now, but come next year in September when they are sapose to move into the new Red Bull Stadium it will be the nicest in the league!

Sonny Cheeba
08-18-2008, 01:07 PM
well Red Bulls may have the worst stadium in the league right now, but come next year in September when they are sapose to move into the new Red Bull Stadium it will be the nicest in the league!

i wonder if they have the field of dreams mentality going on "if you build it, they will come" same with RSL.

while a SSS may attract a few more fans, it won't necessarily be significant. i mean look at colorado, their attendance shows nothing to be desired.

while i think getting a SSS is a great step towards furthering the game in North America. i feel that other teams really need to take steps forward to promote themselves and the game in their communities. but of course, this is only the beginning of a long list of what needs to be done in MLS.

in short. if NY have the "nicest" stadium in the league next season, i could care less. football is a lot more than just a nice stadium.

james
08-18-2008, 10:01 PM
i wonder if they have the field of dreams mentality going on "if you build it, they will come" same with RSL.

while a SSS may attract a few more fans, it won't necessarily be significant. i mean look at colorado, their attendance shows nothing to be desired.

while i think getting a SSS is a great step towards furthering the game in North America. i feel that other teams really need to take steps forward to promote themselves and the game in their communities. but of course, this is only the beginning of a long list of what needs to be done in MLS.

in short. if NY have the "nicest" stadium in the league next season, i could care less. football is a lot more than just a nice stadium.

oh forsure. Im just saying it will look way better to watch on TV, it hurt my eyes with all those NFL lines all over the pitch!

Sonny Cheeba
08-18-2008, 10:54 PM
yeah i got your point. i wasn't directing that at you as if you were saying it will make them a better team or whatever... your comment just made me bring that up.

word.