PDA

View Full Version : TO city council R U watching?

RPB_Brantford_08
08-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Giants stadium is the perfect example why you don't have pointy ball lines down on a soccer field, it looks pathetic.

profit89
08-17-2008, 05:08 PM
I turned on the tv, saw the lines, turned it off... i cant watch a soccer game with football lines.

Roogsy
08-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Brutal.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-17-2008, 05:09 PM
I turned on the tv, saw the lines, turned it off... i cant watch a soccer game with football lines.

Ibby got confused there towards the end with the lines, if we can barely
see them from that height, what chance have the players got..?

TFC-Tyler
08-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Looks fine.

I love your sig though, let's insult an entire league that has more fans than ours because one team wants our field, and then insult their history, when they have more history in one game, than our entire history.

Just sayin'

king10
08-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Looks fine.

I love your sig though, let's insult an entire league that has more fans than ours because one team wants our field, and then insult their history, when they have more history in one game, than our entire history.

Just sayin'

looks fine.. are you kidding me?

TFC-Tyler
08-17-2008, 05:21 PM
looks fine.. are you kidding me?
I dont even know you, it would quite rude to kid you.

king10
08-17-2008, 05:23 PM
I dont even know you, it would quite rude to kid you.

aha really funny.. but all kidding aside i find it horrible to watch a match with football line AND usa football advertisements along the touchlines

mr k
08-17-2008, 05:44 PM

I don't want the Argos at BMO; but dissing Argos & CFL history is no way to go - it just shows to Cdn pointy fans how you could be somewhat ignorant. And we're part of MLS, which has quite of bit similarities to the CFL.

rocker
08-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Looks fine

huh? are you sure you're not watching some other game??? ;)

Stugatzo
08-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Looked idiotic.
Never happen at BMO.

BC101
08-17-2008, 06:51 PM
was i the only one who laughed at the NFL Logo then? and the "America Play football" thing on the side? LOL. Never laughed so hard during a match.

Sonny Cheeba
08-17-2008, 06:54 PM
you laughed. i cried.

Roogsy
08-17-2008, 06:56 PM
I barfed.

:puke:

BC101
08-17-2008, 06:56 PM
I laughed cos i told "someone" who went down there and was scolding me for not wanting to go cos i knew that the lines would be there... Said person said "No" but sure enough LOL and the BIG NFL logo made it even more classic.

Roogsy
08-17-2008, 06:57 PM
The ironing is delicious... :rofl:

BC101
08-17-2008, 06:59 PM
The ironing is delicious... :rofl:
It most certainly is LOL.

giambac
08-17-2008, 07:22 PM

I did the same thing.

My son and I came indoors at 5:00pm for the start of the game. We turned on the TV saw the field, laughed and went back outside.

Didn't watch a minute of the game.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Looks fine.

Just sayin'

it looks awlful...as far as the sig goes...it stays till the Argos stay at the dome, or the mods ask to remove it.

TFC-Tyler
08-17-2008, 07:44 PM
it looks awlful...as far as the sig goes...it stays till the Argos stay at the dome, or the mods ask to remove it.
That's fine, I was just pointing out, as another user did too in this thread, that it's a stupid way of protesting, and if you really think of it, quite hypocritical.

summer sunrise
08-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Looks fine.

That looks anything BUT fine. Jesus Christ, I couldn't even tell where the sidelines were! I kept confusing them for the big ass white football lines.
And the other yard/whatever the hell they are lines in the middle of the field (the little ones) were brutal too. I kept thinking they were the ball. If that crap ever comes to our field I would have to gouge my eyes out.

L.D.
08-17-2008, 08:01 PM
A real footy fan will agree the lines are a terrible distraction and takes away from the game. I almost didnt watch. Its heartbreaking but a testament to the unfortunate status of the game in North America. Still a very long way to go. I wonder if another Canadian city (if the Argos move in) will jump at the chance and realize that footy can have a home here. Montreal perhaps?

Mark in Ottawa
08-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Looks fine.
Just sayin'

I beg to differ. It looked pathetic and ugly.
It took the beautiful out of the beautiful game.

If you are satisfied with the look of that field I advise that you stop watching footy. You obviously don't get it.

Smenge
08-17-2008, 08:51 PM
The lines on the field were the best thing about this game, and that says a lot.

TFC-Tyler
08-17-2008, 08:59 PM
A 'real footy fan' will watch football whether there are little lines or not, and wont bitch non stop about it and stop watching.

TFC is worried about the Argos, the Argos are worried about the Bills, it's a chain.

Waggy
08-17-2008, 09:00 PM
The pitch looked like a joke, yes. Was it obnoxious as to where the touch line was? Absolutely. Was I having trouble following the ball through the middle? Of course. Am I going to not watch a tfc match because of that? Obviously not. Look we're watching the MLS. Its not the EPL, or the SPL or even League 1. You know when you started watching that you were going to see games of poor quality, on crappy pitches in front of no fans. Thats why we're trying to be different. But for fucks sake you KNEW that the MLS played in football stadiums! Why do you all sound so surprised! We're watching a 3rd tear league. It pains me to say that cause I bleed for TFC, but we're in a third tear league. Instead of crying about other pitches and what other clubs are doing, at least lets only worry about our own. The whole glass houses thing. However if you stopped watching because you were disgusted by the play of TFC, well you're far less of a masocist then I. But I'm not faulting you.

Beat me to it ^^^^

MrHawk
08-17-2008, 09:12 PM
I think our pitch needs a TML logo with an Ice Patch

The Oz
08-17-2008, 09:12 PM
A 'real footy fan' will watch football whether there are little lines or not, and wont bitch non stop about it and stop watching.

TFC is worried about the Argos, the Argos are worried about the Bills, it's a chain.

lol so by your standards we may sadly see the bills at bmo? ;)

TFC-Tyler
08-17-2008, 09:16 PM
lol so by your standards we may sadly see the bills at bmo? ;)
Where did I say that? The Argos fear the Bills, because they would take away their fans, stadium, and kill the team.

Fuck BMO, the Bills can play in the fucking Vatican for all I care.

Waggy
08-17-2008, 09:19 PM
What Tylers saying is pretty simple. I took a family friend from Europe to the Argos game on fri. On the way in, I explained why I was wearing a TFC jersey there. Obviously my protest of what the Argos are talking about doing and how it threatened our viability to have a team. He then asked if I like football so much, why didn't I go to the Bills game the night before. I said because the Bills move would threaten the Argos and I'm boycotting Rogers. He looks at me and goes "So wait, at an Argonauts game, your protesting against AND for the Argos?"
Its definitely a special situation. But its just driven on fear really. The fear of the Bills makes the Argos look for more revenue, which puts the fear into, well us.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-17-2008, 09:49 PM
It is very hard on the eyes, that's for sure. Must be confusing to play on as well.

Fort York Redcoat
08-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Watching football with those NFL lines is distracting and insulting.

Afra
08-18-2008, 08:36 AM
The announcers commented that the game was in between 2 NFL pre-season games and that is why the lines were there. How do they get those lines on and off the pitch? Is the NY stadium one of those one where you can still see the darkend lines after they 'remove' them for an MLS match?

Parkdale
08-18-2008, 08:40 AM
I understand why someone would take issue with that anti-argos signature.
We will not keep them out of BMO by making enemies with their fans.
The only way we will win, is if their SSH and ours are united in saying NO.

LucaGol
08-18-2008, 08:40 AM
The announcers commented that the game was in between 2 NFL pre-season games and that is why the lines were there. How do they get those lines on and off the pitch? Is the NY stadium one of those one where you can still see the darkend lines after they 'remove' them for an MLS match?

After I heard that...I said to myself...."Garber, you f*cking dimwit"

If you know there are games where playing on football lines is unavoidable....here's a crazy idea....adjust the f*ckin schedule so your league doesn't get PR atomic bombed by the entire world.

Just flip the home games, we would have played at Giants Stadium early in the season, and yesterday's game coulda been at BMO. Simple.

james
08-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Once i saw those lines all over the field i had to turn it off. I couldnt watch it, i didnt know where the out bounds or the goal crease or where anything was. It looked brutal.

On the plus side New York is gonna have a sick bran new stadium next year in September!

And then that only leaves 2 teams with pointy ball lines on the field New England and Houston................. oh wait and maybe us!

rocker
08-18-2008, 11:46 AM
And then that only leaves 2 teams with pointy ball lines on the field New England and Houston................. oh wait and maybe us!

don't forget Seattle opens next spring in an NFL stadium. I hope they can do something about the lines for that.

Brooker
08-18-2008, 12:27 PM
^^ if they can't, they dont deserve a team.

TFC-Tyler
08-18-2008, 01:11 PM

If you know there are games where playing on football lines is unavoidable....here's a crazy idea....adjust the f*ckin schedule so your league doesn't get PR atomic bombed by the entire world.

Just flip the home games, we would have played at Giants Stadium early in the season, and yesterday's game coulda been at BMO. Simple.
If it were that simple, it would have been done. This is really sad, the stadium is like that for everyone, we just always need something to whine about.

james
08-18-2008, 09:55 PM

I think they could change the schedule a bit. They should play a big chunk of the home games at the beginning of the season when they play on a pitch free of pointy ball lines. But from early August all they way till end of October there is pointy ball lines on the field. There is no way they can play 3 months away. But certainly only play a few home games in that time. Sure it would be hard on the New York players but thats what they should get when you have a shit stadium.

james
08-18-2008, 09:57 PM
don't forget Seattle opens next spring in an NFL stadium. I hope they can do something about the lines for that.

ya im interrested to see how its gonna look, i wonder if they will actually get all the pointy ball lines off like they claim they will. And also does anyone know if they are gonna play on grass or on a service like TFC or are they gonna have a even shittier turf you see at most NFL stadiums?

king10
08-18-2008, 10:16 PM
If it were that simple, it would have been done. This is really sad, the stadium is like that for everyone, we just always need something to whine about.

we're not complaining about an unfair advantage.. we're complaining about the simple cosmetic effect it has... it is really sad.. that it makes our league look bush league.. and everyone in this thread agrees

kitchener-TFC
08-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Looks fine.

Just sayin'
That's one team too many! This is TFC's house.

TFC-Tyler
08-18-2008, 10:26 PM
That's one team too many! This is TFC's house.
When TFC pays for it, it can be their house.

loconet
08-19-2008, 12:03 AM

If we are talking about it financially, one has to remember that BMO field isn't run and maintained by pixie dust. TFC's "success" as a sporting franchise is mostly paying for that. Moreover, the investment made by the original parties who put out the cash, including its current owner, is also being greatly rewarded in intangible and tangible ways, by , yes TFC. So while TFC itself might not own the field on paper, I think that calling it "its house" is more than ok.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-19-2008, 05:55 PM

same applies to the scumbag argos then doesn;t it, they abused tax payers dollars in getting the dome built..they should stay there,

rocker
08-19-2008, 06:09 PM
not to mention that the city of Toronto did not contribute the majority of the money to this. So even though they "own" it, any moral arguments regarding the city's ownership should remember the feds ponied up the most.
toronto doesn't have any more of a moral right than MLSE does to directing the future of the stadium.