PDA

View Full Version : Should Johann Smith start today?

jloome
08-17-2008, 12:15 PM
...one of Ives' posters who has watched him says he's not as good a finisher as Jozy Altidore...but he is as good as Robbie Rogers.

THen again, maybe he's just a fanboy. Should Wheels get the start?

Ossington Mental Youth
08-17-2008, 12:17 PM
i totally think he should start, provided Dichio is still injured, if not sub him in in the 60th cuz im sure hes prob not as fit as he could be

Markham_RPB
08-17-2008, 12:19 PM
apparently he will be making his debut today for toronto fc.
whether he starts or not is another question , but soccey by ives apparently says johann smith will make his debut for toronto fc against the SHITE bulls

jloome
08-17-2008, 12:29 PM
There's a short thread on him on the general MLS board on BS, and several US fans seem to indicate New England screwed up big time by letting him go.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-17-2008, 12:42 PM
I wonder if he will play striker or winger, im personally hoping striker

Lucky Strike
08-17-2008, 12:45 PM
If Dichio is fit, then Wheels doesn't start. I'd place Dichio and Barrett. He can be a super sub (as in super fast) with Ibrahim.

Stryker
08-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Start Dichio and sub in Johann at the half.
Assuming of course that after a few weeks with Winspear Barrett can go the full 90.

Corpand
08-17-2008, 01:00 PM
I belive Robert is still questionable with his injury. Thus, I say why not start him. Would be nice to play him on the right wing with Wynne, I can only imagine the speed there....

poppamidnight
08-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Start Dichio and sub in Johann at the half.
Assuming of course that after a few weeks with Winspear Barrett can go the full 90.

I agree with you here...

(that is if your talking about 3 up front???)

Ibbe----Danny----Chad

I really wanna see what we'd look like as an attack-oriented team (especially with danny having 2 outlets), knowing we have possibly the top-keeper in MLS (arguably)....

People think our problem is the back-end.... It isnt... It's the stupid turnovers *cough-Robbo+Rober-cough*,

having danny w/ 2 outlets... we could actually hold possession in their end

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Play? Yes. Start? No. Both Ibrahim and Gala can / should play wide left ahead of Smith. I’d like to see him get some time at centre forward in the second half.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Ibrahim is great but i dont think we will see him starting as often as we have as hes only 16, has got alot to learn and have someone with a little bit more experience that plays his position

Stryker
08-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Carver said on friday that Robert was working hard all week and there weren't any problems whatsoever.
Not sure why so many people think he won't play.

rocker
08-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Ibrahim is great but i dont think we will see him starting as often as we have as hes only 16, has got alot to learn and have someone with a little bit more experience that plays his position

i agree..

although one point: Ibbe is now 17 years old... :)

TFC-Tyler
08-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Yes he should have. And LOL at the third option, whoever voted for him being too young must not be a TFC fan considering one of our starters is 4 years younger than him.

And what has Ibby showed that would make him a clear starter? One goal a while back against the Fire? Since than he hasnt done anything.