PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Sunday, Aug.17

denime
08-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Mornin,

No TFC news for now.

http://i36.tinypic.com/ajxkrm.jpg

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/SUNshineGirl/home.html)

Nuvinho
08-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Please San Jose, finish last.......I want a high pick.

sidvan
08-17-2008, 08:37 AM
SJ 4 NER 0 ???????????

Did NER forfeit?

Eastend
08-17-2008, 08:39 AM
^^ holy crap, what happened there?

DOMIN8R
08-17-2008, 08:44 AM
It was a great game to watch. Revs D fell appart and Hucks and O'B were a great duo!

Marco2K
08-17-2008, 08:44 AM
San Jose will not finish last.

we will

If Ronnie Obrien keeps playing like this we are screwed.

ensco
08-17-2008, 09:11 AM
San Jose will not finish last.

we will

If Ronnie Obrien keeps playing like this we are screwed.

We never replaced him.

That, and this Edu thing, cost us this year. Carver should have benched Edu based on his play, but couldn't because of impending $5 mil deal. Edu is invisible for entire year fearing chance of injury blowing his financial future. We end up playing a 4-5-1 system which clearly wasn't working but can't abandon it due to Edu.

gkhs
08-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Cheer up guys, former TFCers scored 6 goals yesterday...that's going to feel great later today when we're struggling to pot one.

Thanks again, Mo

arsenal
08-17-2008, 09:25 AM
We never replaced him.

That, and this Edu thing, cost us this year. Carver should have benched Edu based on his play, but couldn't because of impending $5 mil deal. Edu is invisible for entire year fearing chance of injury blowing his financial future. We end up playing a 4-5-1 system which clearly wasn't working but can't abandon it due to Edu.

Robert & Ricketts .... what are you talking about?

ensco
08-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Robert & Ricketts .... what are you talking about?

Those guys are not stiffs and I'm not saying they shouldn't be here. But they don't really distribute the way ROB does.

Robert looked like he could early on, but hasn't done it at all since mid June.

How many nice crosses from wingers have we had this year? Not many.

Marco2K
08-17-2008, 09:34 AM
dont compare ricketts and robert to OBRIEN

arsenal
08-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Those guys are not stiffs and I'm not saying they shouldn't be here. But they don't really distribute the way ROB does.

Robert looked like he could early on, but hasn't done it at all since mid June.

If ROB were here, the only distributing he would be doing for a good portion of the season is gatorade to players while he sits on he bench injured. He is a talented player but not a significant upgrade over Ricketts or Robert. Factor in the injury history and the 1st rounder we got for him and we are better off without him.

Marco2K
08-17-2008, 09:41 AM
no way are we better off without Obrien. The fact he did not want to be here changes everything.

But he is better right now then ricketts and robert by far.

For a player like Robert to end up here his carear is near the end!

jloome
08-17-2008, 12:10 PM
"By far"?

Total exaggeration. I'd say Robert and Ricketts are both very effective; we've just had no one outside of Danny D who could finish all season. As soon as he went down injured, we stopped scoring. Both of our wingers pump the damn box full of crosses; there's just never anyone attacking the posts to get on the end of them.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-17-2008, 12:44 PM
"By far"?

Total exaggeration. I'd say Robert and Ricketts are both very effective; we've just had no one outside of Danny D who could finish all season. As soon as he went down injured, we stopped scoring. Both of our wingers pump the damn box full of crosses; there's just never anyone attacking the posts to get on the end of them.

yep, well said