PDA

View Full Version : Supporters Performance?

Pages : [1] 2

Laurignano
05-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Just wondering on what you feel was OUR performance today in the stands? :noidea: Was it good? Was it bad?

The reason I am asking this is because I want to see what our expectations are. I feel like the atmosphere is not as good as it was last year for some reason...maybe its just me?! I don't know.

How does it feel in the south end? Do we have a Capo going there?! NEE is good as always, but the south end from my view in 106 looks like it isn't into the chanting as much as it was last year.

Canadian Blue
05-17-2008, 07:20 PM
I unfortunately watched this game on TV and I have to say I think overall the atmosphere we create may not be as goos as we all think it is. I could hear the dig drum no problem but I couldn't make out any chant but "This is our house" which sounded amazingly lame and Seven Nation Army.

Bloor West FC
05-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Its funny you say that about NEE, the few people I talk to are very dissapointed with NEE section this year. They have season's in that section.

I do feel the chanting has taken a lower step down this year, for some reason but I do not know why. Maybe we need new chants I dunno!!

Just wondering on what you feel was OUR performance today in the stands? :noidea: Was it good? Was it bad?

The reason I am asking this is because I want to see what our expectations are. I feel like the atmosphere is not as good as it was last year for some reason...maybe its just me?! I don't know.

How does it feel in the south end? Do we have a Capo going there?! NEE is good as always, but the south end from my view in 106 looks like it isn't into the chanting as much as it was last year.

Sab0tage
05-17-2008, 07:28 PM
The major problem we have in the south end is that there are always like 2-4 chants going on at once. I was sitting in 110, and at any given time I could hear one chant going on in 112/113, a different one in like 111/110 and then another in 114-118ish. Even in 111/110 I could hear like 3 different chants going on at once in that section. People will be doing one chant, and someone else above will start another.

I'm not sure how we're going to unite the south end, maybe a few capo's who are working together and start the same chants at the same time.

Flipityflu
05-17-2008, 07:39 PM
The major problem we have in the south end is that there are always like 2-4 chants going on at once. I was sitting in 110, and at any given time I could hear one chant going on in 112/113, a different one in like 111/110 and then another in 114-118ish. Even in 111/110 I could hear like 3 different chants going on at once in that section. People will be doing one chant, and someone else above will start another.

I'm not sure how we're going to unite the south end, maybe a few capo's who are working together and start the same chants at the same time.

bingo. the problem is unity now. there is a conflict between the three loudest sections where i am. 114, 113, 112 are not in sync. the top of 114 is alot noisier this year, but unfortunaley either sing a completly different chant, or are half a step off. i was talking to my neighbor about it. not to be nasty, but it sometimes appears to be done on purpose. hopefully not. need more comms between 112/113/114.

TOBOR !
05-17-2008, 07:48 PM
I did notice that the Dichio chant was crap - I could hear faint strains of it in the 22nd and 23rd minutes before it peaked a bit in the 24th and then died.

The place still sounded loud, though, in spite of all the empty seats there appeared to be.

deeznutz
05-17-2008, 08:15 PM
There are 3498343 chants going on at every min of the game!

Eastend
05-17-2008, 08:20 PM
I am in 114 and we had this discussion at the half today....the atmosphere is a little more quiet then last year but I think the main reason is because there is actual good footie being played on the field this season and that's where a lot of people are focusing now.

my 2 cents.

rocker
05-17-2008, 08:24 PM
the footyblog's Joe Ross sayz:

∙ Every game should kick off half an hour later than what’s listed on the match ticket. The majority of fans got in their seats before kickoff, and the atmosphere was ten times better than the New York match.

olegunnar
05-17-2008, 08:28 PM
The best chant of the day was from the special needs guy a few seats down from me in 127.

Who sucks donkey dicks?
The Crew sucks donkey dicks!

It was like I was in The Ringer. Good for them though, when they weren't shuffling back and forth to get food (corn, hot dogs, nachos, pizza) they really seemed to enjoy themselves.

The Historian
05-17-2008, 08:29 PM
I was in 111 today and I have to agree that things seemed a little more subdued than usual. I think Eastend is right about the fact that people are focusing on what's happening on the pitch, because the quality of the football is much better than last year.

Lenny Dikestra
05-17-2008, 08:31 PM
The best chant of the day was from the special needs guy a few seats down from me in 127.

Who sucks donkey dicks?

It was like I was in The Ringer. Good for them though, when they wren't shuffling back and forth to get food (corn, hot dogs, nachos, pizza) they really seemed to enjoy themselves.

Y a I do agree , we need more retards at the game..
I thought this year was going to be massive but I am getting that weird feeling that TFC is already fading for some people.. The experience seems to be wearing a little ..

Hope I am wrong

TFC OZZ
05-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Honestly, guys in the south end singing the Canadian anthem like 4 beats ahead make it sound so dumb. Our atmosphere is nowhere near as good as we think it it, there are simple way too many chants going on at once.

Kevvv
05-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Honestly, guys in the south end singing the Canadian anthem like 4 beats ahead make it sound so dumb.

I dunno about dumb, but it doesn't sound good. At the centre we can clearly hear the PA, and yeah, the south gets ahead of the music for some reason.

I agree that a united south would help alot. Not much chance of the 220's joining the chants if 115-118 don't.

Christoff
05-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Its funny you say that about NEE, the few people I talk to are very dissapointed with NEE section this year. They have season's in that section.

I do feel the chanting has taken a lower step down this year, for some reason but I do not know why. Maybe we need new chants I dunno!!
Huh? NEE is doing so much more this year, i dont think theres been a game so far without some form of TIFO, cant even say half that about the southend.
In my eyes exactly what the other MLS supporters said was going to happen is happening, only differents is its mostly because everyones getting full of themselves and not because everyones losing interest, my proof for this is the fact that in the first 3 home games we had a thread talking about how the dichio song was "so last season" and how we are "over streamers", i think some people should stop worrying about how our support is recieved across the MLS/World and more about the lads on the pitch.

Batman
05-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Honestly, guys in the south end singing the Canadian anthem like 4 beats ahead make it sound so dumb. Our atmosphere is nowhere near as good as we think it it, there are simple way too many chants going on at once.

There are no speakers in the south end.... so all we hear is ourselves. We have no idea where we are in the national anthem. Maybe the stadium should turn up the volume for it... pretty simple solution.

Cashcleaner
05-17-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm finding that in terms of ambient noise, we're still the loudest in the league. When it comes to songs and chants, we are very chaotic and that's what really needs to be addressed. Connie and I both agreed that some of the guys towards the top of 112 have to acknowledge the fact that U-Sector puts together some pretty bitching songs. They've been very accomodating for us and I think we need to do the same for them. Hearing a good portion of section all singing the same song than trying to sing a completely different one over them is stupid.

As for the anthem, I think if we could hear the music better we'd probably all be on the correct timing.

Captain Croatia
05-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Capo? or Unite the whole South End?

BTW, are there any people that act as a "Capo" between the sections at least, or some form of communication?

Cashcleaner
05-17-2008, 09:56 PM
^ Kinda. The most common form of communication between sections is having one or two guys looking over and shouting. Zac has his megaphone and it seems to work well to get our attention.

Mrs. Workie
05-17-2008, 09:59 PM
The wind runined us today. The national anthem as shit, because we couldn't hear it. End of story. I stopped singing half way through because I knew we were off. Hats off to the few that turned around so the top of 112 could hear the bottom...thanks guys...we did our best. Whoever was sitting in the top of 113...I admire you efforts...BUT LISTEN TO WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND YOU. They tired to start chants, but weren't paying attention to what was going on with the rest of the section.

And then there were the two twats sitting behind us. I'm not a violent person...but I coulda punched someone.

After today... a unified South End is further away from what we think.

Jings
05-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Today was my first and last in 125...I was expecting good things from the NEE. The only chant I heard was the one to the Columbus reserves"Your not Playing"...very lame. There was no supportings songs for our lads that I could hear.

masrawy
05-17-2008, 10:03 PM

The chanting wasn't so good this game, but it's still better than anything last year.

And show me one other group in the stadium that has a tifo for every game. None? Though so, tell you friends to come air their grievances with us in the front row if they're "disappointed" with us, how about they be part of the solution because we're not there to please them.

masrawy
05-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Today was my first and last in 125...I was expecting good things from the NEE. The only chant I heard was the one to the Columbus reserves"Your not Playing"...very lame. There was no supportings songs for our lads that I could hear.

That was 126 jack ass, we did that chant two or three times max during the game.

Daveisonfire
05-17-2008, 10:05 PM

Quoted for fucking truth...what a miserable place 125 is. :mad:

Where were you? I was on the aisle between 126 and 125 and it was definitely the worst place I've been so far:(

Except I like the "You're not playing chant", at least the casuals got into that one..

Keep fighting the good fight NEE, because, if today is any indication, helping wake 125 up is going to be a hell of a challenge

TO DEVILS
05-17-2008, 10:09 PM
The chanting wasn't so good this game, but it's still better than anything last year.

And show me one other group in the stadium that has a tifo for every game. None? Though so, tell you friends to come air their grievances with us in the front row if they're "disappointed" with us, how about they be part of the solution because we're not there to please them.

If they want to move out, i will take their seats.

TO DEVILS
05-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Quoted for fucking truth...what a miserable place 125 is. :mad:

Where were you? I was on the aisle between 126 and 125 and it was definitely the worst place I've been so far:(

Except I like the "You're not playing chant", at least the casuals got into that one..

Keep fighting the good fight NEE, because, if today is any indication, helping wake 125 up is going to be a hell of a challenge

Dude....we could release an atomic bomb and you still would hear it in 125.

Go to 114 and tell me if you hear 112? You can't. The people in 106, 107..etc hear us 100 times louder than the guy in 126.

Samething with the southend, we can hear them better than the people in the southend. Somethings have nothing to do with how the groups "performance" is and more so with accoustics.

Daveisonfire
05-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Dude....we could release an atomic bomb and you still wouldn't hear it in 125.

Go to 114 and tell me if you hear 112? You can't. The people in 106, 107..etc hear us 100 times louder than the guy in 126.

Samething with the southend, we can hear them better than the people in the southend. Somethings have nothing to do with how the groups "performance" is and more so with accoustics.

Good thing you made that point, I should have included it in my post for sure.

But I mean, even if the acoustics were fine, I don't think the people in 125 would do shit all anyways...(obviously some exceptions)

Its a knock against the people in 125, not North End Elite who I think are fantastic! [loved seeing the giant jersey again]

TO DEVILS
05-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Good thing you made that point, I should have included it in my post for sure.

But I mean, even if the acoustics were fine, I don't think the people in 125 would do shit all anyways...(obviously some exceptions)

Its a knock against the people in 125, not North End Elite who I think are fantastic! [loved seeing the giant jersey again]

I know what you mean...we even had a chant STAND UP 126 and even that didn't work.

romburgundy
05-17-2008, 10:36 PM
I think uniting the stadium will start with the south. Maybe we need to revisit the anthem discussion. Much better performance on the pitch will mean more people watching the game. Would it be easier to sing a song than keep up with a chant ... I dunno mayb worth a shot though.

throwing my two cents in too.

denime
05-17-2008, 10:45 PM
bingo. the problem is unity now. there is a conflict between the three loudest sections where i am. 114, 113, 112 are not in sync. the top of 114 is alot noisier this year, but unfortunaley either sing a completly different chant, or are half a step off. i was talking to my neighbor about it. not to be nasty, but it sometimes appears to be done on purpose. hopefully not. need more comms between 112/113/114.

115-118 is getting louder and louder every game,sometimes even louder than 111-114,and that creates problem now,one side can't hear the other.
We don't chant in unison,CAPOS are more than needed.

graeme117
05-17-2008, 11:07 PM
115-118 is getting louder and louder every game,sometimes even louder than 111-114,and that creates problem now,one side can't hear the other.

This is true! the atmosphere in 117 keeps getting better, although the amount of chants we know doesn't increase.

Capos who know the chants would help

It sounds lame to blame stuff on the wind, but i also think that was a factor today, blowing the sound back into our faces. although no excuse. I think i heard 112 once during the massive... which is supper unusual, i can only think it was a combo of the south-end echo and the wind.

Walk on!

SilverSamurai
05-17-2008, 11:51 PM
Watched on TV. 1st half was a lot better. Chants seemed more in unison (although still sporadic) but better.
2nd half is a dif story. Until the 60-65min, it was super quiet. All I heard was the dude on the megaphone trying to get the Marco Velez chant going, which got annoying really fast. No clue where it was coming from though.
Although like el trueno rojo saved the day. Man that thing is LOUD! Heard it PERFECTLY on tv. Even better than the last game I was at (NYRB).

But about the anthems, I have to agree. south end seems too fast almost and I was in 111. Seems like their was a rush to get the anthem done.

Laurignano
05-17-2008, 11:54 PM
You know whats also bullshit? Our chants are getting shittier and shittier as time goes on. Before, we had plenty of amazing chants IMO and we did them right. Now during a game I only hear "this is our house", "TFC", and sometimes TFC Massive. Everyone wanted to keep it simple but i think this is a horrible idea in the first place. Me and my brother in my section know every chant in the book and chant them continuously. Its sad bec i look over at the south end and we def. are not half as good as I thought we were last year.

I am sick of this is our house. I've heard it way too mcuh this year..its time to add some new chants. Its very tiring being the only chanting in my section but thats what i get for getting seasons late..but seriously though, its time to start singing new songs / bring back some old ones and get everyone singing them long and hard.

Another problem is people think this is a party and a family event now. Slowly its starting to become some family section in 106. Some people brought a BABY, who was SLEEPING, to the game. they didnt even pay attention to the game! I felt so bad chanting bec i didnt want to wake the baby up ( I know im a nice guy eh?).

We have to realise that we are here to support TFC.

morgank1986
05-18-2008, 12:08 AM
The Dichio chant was a bit weak today, It could be because Columbus was mounting their only charge during that time. Though it may have been suggested before I think that if we assign a chant to each 10 minute interval then the supporters section would be better unified. Now I don't mean that this is the only time that we should sing but the fact that 4+ chants are going on at any given moment on the south side results in a lot of white noise.

Say we sing "Oh when the reds..." in the 10th minute, "Ohhh Toronto" in the 20th minute...etc. This will surely unite the supporters in song after a few games (I know in my section, 115, "One man and his dog" is sung in the 70th minute of every game, it started with just a few guys and now a good lot of the section sings it).

With that said, I am not saying we should get rid of the spontaneously started chants, it's just important that we have some sort of structure if we hope to present a united front.

mdc 77
05-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Watched the game on tv today and would have to say i didn't hear many chants other than 7 nation army and "This is our house". Maybe it was the wind? Maybe the CBC mics sucked today? Not sure.

cuecas_red
05-18-2008, 12:47 AM
There are no speakers in the south end.... so all we hear is ourselves. We have no idea where we are in the national anthem. Maybe the stadium should turn up the volume for it... pretty simple solution.no way the speakers are way too loud in the north end of the stadium. Maybe spread out the speakers through out the stadium will help you hear and save the hearing of the people in the north end

Cashcleaner
05-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Here's the thing:

People have ideas of creating these amazing chants with mulitple verses and choruses and all that flash. It never works. I think it's great that they're getting into the spirit of things and printing off songbooks and stuff like that, but it's just not gonna fly.

Simplicity is the way to go. It may sound unoriginal but it's the only way to get a few thousand TFC fans on the same page.

bignickel
05-18-2008, 01:07 AM
The Dichio chant was a bit weak today, It could be because Columbus was mounting their only charge during that time. Though it may have been suggested before I think that if we assign a chant to each 10 minute interval then the supporters section would be better unified. Now I don't mean that this is the only time that we should sing but the fact that 4+ chants are going on at any given moment on the south side results in a lot of white noise.

Say we sing "Oh when the reds..." in the 10th minute, "Ohhh Toronto" in the 20th minute...etc. This will surely unite the supporters in song after a few games (I know in my section, 115, "One man and his dog" is sung in the 70th minute of every game, it started with just a few guys and now a good lot of the section sings it).

With that said, I am not saying we should get rid of the spontaneously started chants, it's just important that we have some sort of structure if we hope to present a united front.

the 'one man and his dog' chant is the only one i know that lasts over a minute, sounds cool, and is getting more and more followers. i sing it in row 9 of 115 but i have to admit not too many around are doing the same.

great chant with some good foot stomping, love it!

Captain Croatia
05-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Im telling you guys, this chant would be fookin wicked.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w1vCTAgHdDA

except just go...

ooo, ooo, ooo, We love you Toronto (or something along those lines ending in Torontooo). And just repeat.

It's simple, catchy and will sound wicked if we can have mreo then 2 sections do it together. :)

egoodwin
05-18-2008, 01:30 AM

Who sucks donkey dicks?

It was like I was in The Ringer. Good for them though, when they weren't shuffling back and forth to get food (corn, hot dogs, nachos, pizza) they really seemed to enjoy themselves.
no no, best chant of the day was "Chia Pet", even his fellow team mate subs laughed at him

Red CB Toronto
05-18-2008, 01:32 AM
BMO Field is great all around, I think people outside of the usual spots are picking up on the chants and songs and getting involved, good to see, I think the supporters are starting to expand the passion beyond them and getting others to catch it.

egoodwin
05-18-2008, 01:34 AM
that U-Sector puts together some pretty bitching songs. .

I agree... their forza tfc keeps popping into my mind first when I think of TFC (non player) chants

Marc"2L"
05-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Giving a little nudge to people you don't see singing in the south end might help too. and I mean nudge...not like trying to force them to sing, but just look and encouraging elbow or "come on sing!" between lines.

egoodwin
05-18-2008, 02:05 AM
Giving a little nudge to people you don't see singing in the south end might help too. and I mean nudge...not like trying to force them to sing, but just look and encouraging elbow or "come on sing!" between lines.
what's more important though, them singing, or them singing the song with the correct lyrics?

They might not sing because they don't know the lyrics, and I'd rather have a bunch of people not singing, than a bunch of people who try to, but end up singing the song wrong or with the wrong lyrics

Roogsy
05-18-2008, 02:21 AM
The wind was wrecking everything.

However...one thing that I did notice in 118...there were a lot of new faces. There was a couple behind me that I never saw before that were sitting for large parts of the game and didn't sing once. That is not a good sign.

Roogsy
05-18-2008, 02:22 AM
Here's the thing:

People have ideas of creating these amazing chants with mulitple verses and choruses and all that flash. It never works. I think it's great that they're getting into the spirit of things and printing off songbooks and stuff like that, but it's just not gonna fly.

Simplicity is the way to go. It may sound unoriginal but it's the only way to get a few thousand TFC fans on the same page.

QFT...

djking2
05-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Some people brought a BABY, who was SLEEPING, to the game. they didnt even pay attention to the game! I felt so bad chanting bec i didnt want to wake the baby up ( I know im a nice guy eh?).

We have to realise that we are here to support TFC.

That sucks big time and please don't get me wrong but I show up to watch a game not to be a part of the show. I like to join in on the chants as they start around me. I'll be damned if I'm supposed to keep it cool and just keep chanting while Robert smacks one off the hardwood or Robbo makes a great tackle and then punts it back to the opposition(both happened yesterday in the middle of chants). Last year we had better chanting than we have had so far this year. This year we have a much better team. I'm good

BoobsFC
05-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Honestly, besides THIS IS OUR HOUSE and a trickle of Dichio 23:13, I couldn't hear anything representative of a supporters group chanting.

Big step backwards the last few games... =[

Eastend
05-18-2008, 08:05 AM
Like I said earlier, I think a lot of it has to do with the quality of the team...more people are focused on the play on the pitch...I know I am anyway as well as the people around me. I do chant when the timing is right as I don't think it needs to be constant from everyone.

MY favourite is the one that goes: T.O oh oh, T.O oh oh, la la la la la

I think we that one shoule be keot going longer and stronger....

As for the National Anthem, I've made the suggestion that they start the music at the begining then let the fans take over and stop the music.....

GBV
05-18-2008, 08:07 AM
i think there were A LOT of people at the game who don't regularly go (due to long weekend probably). it was a sea of unfamiliar faces in my row and the rows in front.

Fiin
05-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Ya I didnt recognise alot of the people in 126 tday at all.. and shit was it deadsville for the 1st 30 mins. WE started getting people going after that, but it was bad when the 5 yr old girl STANDING infront of me was louder then 95% of our section.

I still think we can do it, but it seems to me now to be more of a competition then a community thing.. if one section thinks anothers chants are lame people get all pissy and whine here or glare, cause its way easier then to actually put some work in and get it going I guess.

We just gotta keep at it, we'll get better :P

stretchthetruth
05-18-2008, 08:51 AM
i think there were A LOT of people at the game who don't regularly go (due to long weekend probably). it was a sea of unfamiliar faces in my row and the rows in front.

we were saying that up in 110 as well... seemed like a lot of regulars gave their tickets away because of the long weekend, and there were quite a few people around us who simply didnt know what was going on in terms of chants/songs...

TFC OZZ
05-18-2008, 09:05 AM
There are no speakers in the south end.... so all we hear is ourselves. We have no idea where we are in the national anthem. Maybe the stadium should turn up the volume for it... pretty simple solution.

I completely agree. I'm not saying you gus are to blame, I'm saying it needs to be fixed.

TFC-4-Life
05-18-2008, 10:23 AM
I think that it was one of the weakest games ever. I have noticed this year that we start of well, but die out at the start of the second half.

morgank1986
05-18-2008, 12:05 PM
The long weekend could have had a lot of season ticket holders selling their tickets and heading up to the cottage. I did notice quite a few new faces.

Mikey
05-18-2008, 12:14 PM
That sucks big time and please don't get me wrong but I show up to watch a game not to be a part of the show. I like to join in on the chants as they start around me. I'll be damned if I'm supposed to keep it cool and just keep chanting while Robert smacks one off the hardwood or Robbo makes a great tackle and then punts it back to the opposition(both happened yesterday in the middle of chants). Last year we had better chanting than we have had so far this year. This year we have a much better team. I'm good

QFT.

Could it be that major part of the issue, is that it's all becoming so forced.....

TFC OZZ
05-18-2008, 12:15 PM
I think that it was one of the weakest games ever. I have noticed this year that we start of well, but die out at the start of the second half.

a lot of that is because half the stadium is buying food at the start of the second half

Laurignano
05-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I think a big mistake IMO is doing simple chants. Its not about getting everyone involved because that will never happen, its about being loud and having chants together and holding them for a long time. TFC, this our house, etc. I am starting to hate those chants. I want chants more like Ohhh Toronto, I am going crazy, oh yes its true! type of thing, and maybe signing my town and Legend TFc. We are going backwards it seems.

Bluenose13
05-18-2008, 12:22 PM
I think a big mistake IMO is doing simple chants. Its not about getting everyone involved because that will never happen, its about being loud and having chants together and holding them for a long time. TFC, this our house, etc. I am starting to hate those chants. I want chants more like Ohhh Toronto, I am going crazy, oh yes its true! type of thing, and maybe signing my town and Legend TFc. We are going backwards it seems.
I don't think we did "This is our house" more than once in the southend.

FluSH
05-18-2008, 12:24 PM

Dude, but when has it ever been about TIFOs? What is a TIFO? I even hate using that word...

Everyone supports the team differently... You don't see 'TIFOs' used widely in Latin America... it happens but not every game.

If support was about 'TIFO's' then Asians would be the best supporters in the WORLD, and we would be striving to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkz5l5fDzcQ&feature=related

I personally think that shit above is cool, but It's just not me... I wanna drink my beer; and chant my lungs away.

Support means something different for everyone

Roogsy
05-18-2008, 12:41 PM
I am still with Cashcleaner and see the need for simplicity.

And I have an idea that I hope gets positive feedback.

Lets take a song that is already done well and add something.

And I am taking a page out of the SSJ on this one.

Let's do the Seven Nation Army and get everyone to jump while doing it.

Its a simple song. The visuals of the jumping will look cool. And it adds something new. How about it?

The only problem I see? In 118 for example...we can only get about 40% of the people do do anything in unison at any given time. but 111-114 I think would have a much higher participation rate.

Thoughts?

Detroit_TFC
05-18-2008, 12:47 PM
The wind does have an impact and it was very windy towards the south end. Some people in 222 and 221 tried to follow the south end lead but it was hard to keep it going.

I do think the anthem situation needs to be dealt with, it was particularly bad yesterday. A big part of the problem is the shit quality of the anthems played over the PA system. Whether this is due to the playback equipment or the recordings themselves I don't know but if this was improved it would be easier to stay in sync.

FluSH
05-18-2008, 12:55 PM

Ooh Toronto

and

We Love You Toronto

Are not simple chants at all... Cash: I don't buy the simplicity factor one bit... it's all about learning it and practicing at the tailgates and post game sessions! =P

Laurignano
05-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Ooh Toronto

and

We Love You Toronto

Are not simple chants at all... Cash: I don't buy the simplicity factor one bit... it's all about learning it and practicing at the tailgates and post game sessions! =P

I know there not..those are the chants I would prefer to hear more of. :D

FluSH
05-18-2008, 01:03 PM
I know there not..those are the chants I would prefer to hear more of. :D

'We love you' was discussed on the boards, but it was born at the tailgate... I can even tell you the day that it was born as we chanted it several times trying to get everyone on board!

Laurignano
05-18-2008, 01:07 PM
'We love you' was discussed on the boards, but it was born at the tailgate... I can even tell you the day that it was born as we chanted it several times trying to get everyone on board!

I know i agree. I aint in for all the simple chants, people will eventually learn the more complicated ones with time. Not everyone wants to chant either...so i say the longer the songs, the better! Because the longer they are, the longer the songs are song for, and more people will catch on in the stands

jabbronies
05-18-2008, 01:25 PM
One of the biggest problems I found yesterday was the multiple self proclaimed capos in the 112.

I was on the drum for the first 25 minutes and all I could hear were these guys around me starting random chants every 2 minutes.

but when I stood up and heard what the majority were singing, be it in 112 or 11 or even 113, it was totally different.

Seems like no one wants a leader, but everyone wants to lead.

With that being said, I think most of the stadium doesn't look to 112 to lead the chants anymore....mainly because we have no idea what you guys are singing. 110 was doing their own thing hand in hand with the top of 109. I can see the NEE doing their own thing. 111 has even taken it upon themselves to do their own thing.

This is much bigger problem than you guys think...it's not just having complicated chants, it's no one wants to shut up and ilsten for a second before starting a chant. Self imposed Capos are killing it...Big time!

Roogsy
05-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Can I say what everyone is thinking?

Yeah...it's been done to death.

But man do we need a roof!

Roogsy
05-18-2008, 01:29 PM
EVERY CHANT NEEDS TO BE DONE WITH JUMPING!

We will be the most fit supporters group in MLS! LOL!

Captain Croatia
05-18-2008, 01:35 PM
If there is jumping in any chant it will make it better.

All we need are some more simple chants, everyone who has a flag to bring it, bring some flares and smoke bombs (just kidding, but seriously smoke bombs would be sweet) and we're set.

Oldtimer
05-18-2008, 01:38 PM
This last match there seemed to be a lot more unfamiliar faces. I think that due to the long weekend, a lot more tickets were given to friends, sold, scalped than normal. A lot of these people didn't know the chants, and just stood around.

Another factor new for this year is that our team is playing much more exciting football! Last year, we had all the time in the world to chant, etc. while the team hoofed it up and down the field, and Lombardo vainly tried to score. This year, I find myself tending to watch one exciting play after another as Robert or Guevara sets things up. It's often so exciting I forget to sing or don't feel like doing anything but watching. Then comes a slow period and I start singing again. I expect there are others who find this true...

Jeff s
05-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Seriously, make a donation on buying a good megaphone and use a capo.

No walkie talkie, or anything like that.

Just place a guy in the middle, with a megaphone that your actually able to hear (can never hear Usectors or even ours at times) and than let the people follow. Seriously its that simple....

imo, this is the best solution if you wanna get people organized. Won't hurt to try.

Jeff s
05-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Does anyone know the watts and range on the megaphone that usector has?

masrawy
05-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Dude, but when has it ever been about TIFOs? What is a TIFO? I even hate using that word...

Everyone supports the team differently... You don't see 'TIFOs' used widely in Latin America... it happens but not every game.

If support was about 'TIFO's' then Asians would be the best supporters in the WORLD, and we would be striving to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkz5l5fDzcQ&feature=related

I personally think that shit above is cool, but It's just not me... I wanna drink my beer; and chant my lungs away.

In our (North African) supporter culture, the concept of making a brand new visual display for every game is huge, the da5la (the intro in Arabic) is a major part of every big derby. Groups rank themselves based on how they got their da5la made (club vs. group money), how many times they do a da5la, and of course, how complicated it is. To me, and to a lot of members in our group, it's been about the tifos from day one.

It's spelled tifo, not all caps, it ain't MF DOOM. If the word irks you so much, you can call it a choreography, or choreo for short, or you can call it an action or a visual display, call it what you want. If you think the visual aspect of our support isn't important, well that's a major difference between our groups, I guess. The visual is as important as the sound to us, we've set a target to pass Barra Brava as the best visual group in the MLS. You want to know why they are the best visual group in the MLS? Because they have a new action every game, whether it's an overhead flag, their huge waving flags, or a pyro show.

So it pisses me off when we're on track to doing that, and some dude's friend is "dissapointed" with us for some fucking reason or another. This friend has probably never come out to help paint a banner or make an overhead with us. Rather than getting together with his friend like a bunch of hens and bitching about us, he could come up to the front rows, introduce himself, and be a part of the solution. It's a problem we're having in 127, lack of participation.

And like you said, different methods of support, we're lucky that we have 20 or so people that have the continental mentality of making visual displays for your club. Drinking and singing is no where near enough for me, sorry.

GBV
05-18-2008, 03:39 PM
kudos to the creator of this sign:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gittingsc/2501570637/

RealG-TFC
05-18-2008, 05:26 PM
It's just not united...:(

Super
05-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Bottom line is that people need to step it up a bit and join in on at the very least the main chants when they do go on. I see SO many people in 111, 112 and 113 (I am in the top of 112) and they aren't singing AT ALL. In fact, most people don't participate. It's sad as shit because just standing there does not support the team AT ALL!

FluSH
05-18-2008, 05:44 PM
In our (North African) supporter culture, the concept of making a brand new visual display for every game is huge, the da5la (the intro in Arabic) is a major part of every big derby. Groups rank themselves based on how they got their da5la made (club vs. group money), how many times they do a da5la, and of course, how complicated it is. To me, and to a lot of members in our group, it's been about the tifos from day one.

It's spelled tifo, not all caps, it ain't MF DOOM. If the word irks you so much, you can call it a choreography, or choreo for short, or you can call it an action or a visual display, call it what you want. If you think the visual aspect of our support isn't important, well that's a major difference between our groups, I guess. The visual is as important as the sound to us, we've set a target to pass Barra Brava as the best visual group in the MLS. You want to know why they are the best visual group in the MLS? Because they have a new action every game, whether it's an overhead flag, their huge waving flags, or a pyro show.

So it pisses me off when we're on track to doing that, and some dude's friend is "dissapointed" with us for some fucking reason or another. This friend has probably never come out to help paint a banner or make an overhead with us. Rather than getting together with his friend like a bunch of hens and bitching about us, he could come up to the front rows, introduce himself, and be a part of the solution. It's a problem we're having in 127, lack of participation.

And like you said, different methods of support, we're lucky that we have 20 or so people that have the continental mentality of making visual displays for your club. Drinking and singing is no where near enough for me, sorry.

Well,

I'm sure this guy's friend is not dissapointed at the choreo... I'm actually glad that I have an alternative word now!

and don't get me wrong I like choreo... but too me the chanting/sound aspect comes first... then all of the extras can fit in... that's just my take.

Sab0tage
05-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Bottom line is that people need to step it up a bit and join in on at the very least the main chants when they do go on. I see SO many people in 111, 112 and 113 (I am in the top of 112) and they aren't singing AT ALL. In fact, most people don't participate. It's sad as shit because just standing there does not support the team AT ALL! I noticed that a bit as well. I agree with what you said. We need to find a way to get more people involved.

Fiin
05-18-2008, 05:47 PM

This is exactly the thing that is keeping us all off track form being united. NEE tifos are awesome imo, my only regret is I work too far away/late to help them make them.

But this new thing where everyones bitching about everyone else is gonna end up tearing us (supporters) apart. Someone doesnt like something, thats great, but just tell yer buddies or stfu. Nothing is gained by publically calling down someones method of support. Like the ribbons.. when people were starting on about them too.. its more becomming a big bitch session then supporting the team lately imo anyways.

Screw it, show up, support how you want, NEE does alot of tifo work, in 126 we try to sing with the 20 or so people we got who will, and we streamer the hell when we get the chance (which have been few this yr so far oddly).

But above all esle, dont publically call someone down for supporting the team in a fashion you may deem as unacceptable, because its not good for morale and it could be someone doing it to you tomorrow.

FluSH
05-18-2008, 05:50 PM
One of the biggest problems I found yesterday was the multiple self proclaimed capos in the 112.

I was on the drum for the first 25 minutes and all I could hear were these guys around me starting random chants every 2 minutes.

but when I stood up and heard what the majority were singing, be it in 112 or 11 or even 113, it was totally different.

Seems like no one wants a leader, but everyone wants to lead.

With that being said, I think most of the stadium doesn't look to 112 to lead the chants anymore....mainly because we have no idea what you guys are singing. 110 was doing their own thing hand in hand with the top of 109. I can see the NEE doing their own thing. 111 has even taken it upon themselves to do their own thing.

This is much bigger problem than you guys think...it's not just having complicated chants, it's no one wants to shut up and ilsten for a second before starting a chant. Self imposed Capos are killing it...Big time!

I agree with you 100% here...

Yesterday it was Brutal... and it came from one of my close friends... The time for official Capos is NOW. Otherwise it's going to be like the Wild Wilde West out there with everyone shooting off chants as they please

We need 2-3 Capos in Section 112

and

We need 1-2 Capos in Section 111

FluSH
05-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Like the ribbons.. when people were starting on about them too.. its more becomming a big bitch session then supporting the team lately imo anyways.

I think I missed that day... what ribbons?

ThunderBaby
05-18-2008, 05:59 PM
I saw one section actually handing out a chant/song to its group. Could we consider that? That way everyone will know the words. So long as, of course, they don't end up blowing all over the pitch along with the streamers.

jabbronies
05-18-2008, 06:01 PM
I saw one section actually handing out a chant/song to its group. Could we consider that? That way everyone will know the words. So long as, of course, they don't end up blowing all over the pitch along with the streamers.

I think this is something that TFC HO should head up with the support of all the supporters group.

They should be handing out supporters group approved song sheets to the whole stadium every game.

That's more of a suggestion than a demand BTW....

FluSH
05-18-2008, 06:04 PM

I believe that was Sparta in Section 110.... he did a great thing yesterday!! Check the Songs / Chants section...

masrawy
05-18-2008, 06:05 PM
and don't get me wrong I like choreo... but too me the chanting/sound aspect comes first... then all of the extras can fit in... that's just my take.

Go look at this thread (http://www.kickabola.com/showthread.php?t=10549) I started on our forum after last night's game, I don't disagree with you, I just believe the visual is pretty important.

I was just venting about the dude that likes to gossip with his friends about us after the game. Again, if you're "disappointed" with how your section is, don't bitch and fucking do something.

FluSH
05-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Go look at this thread (http://www.kickabola.com/showthread.php?t=10549) I started on our forum after last night's game, I don't disagree with you, I just believe the visual is pretty important.

I was just venting about the dude that likes to gossip with his friends about us after the game. Again, if you're "disappointed" with how your section is, don't bitch and fucking do something.

That first post on your thread is EPIC lol... the chanting has been brutal this year in the South End... down right brutal.

jabbronies
05-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Flush, I invite you into 110 next game....you'll be able to see it all from there! It'll give you a better understanding as to what is really going on.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-18-2008, 06:53 PM
the footyblog's Joe Ross sayz:

∙ Every game should kick off half an hour later than what’s listed on the match ticket. The majority of fans got in their seats before kickoff, and the atmosphere was ten times better than the New York match.

sorry but if people are too lazy to get to the game on time their deserve to miss out. work/ family excepted there is no reason not to get to a game on time. as far as the supporters performance goes, it has gone down a bit, but that has more to do with 2-3 chants going at differnent
times/locations, until that is sorted people won't know whats happening.

rocker
05-18-2008, 07:39 PM
sorry but if people are too lazy to get to the game on time their deserve to miss out.

Joe Ross wasn't complaining on their behalf, he was complaining that not enough people get to the game on time.

SarahV
05-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Some people brought a BABY, who was SLEEPING, to the game.

A bit OT but...how can these people get in with a baby, but a bottle of water in my bag sends security into a tizzy?

shaggingscot
05-18-2008, 07:57 PM
A bit OT but...how can these people get in with a baby, but a bottle of water in my bag sends security into a tizzy?

Probably because they weren't worried about them using the baby as a projectile????

:noidea:

Roogsy
05-18-2008, 08:05 PM
But this new thing where everyones bitching about everyone else is gonna end up tearing us (supporters) apart. Someone doesnt like something, thats great, but just tell yer buddies or stfu. Nothing is gained by publically calling down someones method of support. Like the ribbons.. when people were starting on about them too.. its more becomming a big bitch session then supporting the team lately imo anyways.

QFT

That includes other supporters groups ragging on RPB as well though...they need to remember this fact as well.

BBBulldog
05-18-2008, 09:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkz5l5fDzcQ&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkz5l5fDzcQ&feature=related)

you're thinking of displays, althought word tifo seems to now mean only that in north america. Fare il tifo in italian ultras sense means much more, including singing and flags etc.

J .
05-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Personally I think we overrate ourselves. If people chanted as much as they were on the message boards we would be awesome.

The people who do chant need to try to pick up chants, also the guys in 112 should look to other sections and pick up those chants as well.

Sparta
05-18-2008, 09:47 PM
CAPO is now -- I was speaking to a couple of guys in my section that might be up to it -- I can help them out too

A capo in each section with walkies will(should) work

A lot of good rythm chants out there that will get the crowd and our boys on the pitch going good

Dont really have to memorize -- song sheets are out there, and eventually you wont need them anymore

I normally tailgate from 11:30 -- if we all come early by a couple of hours -- we can go through the chants -- so you can get the rythm down

No disrespect to tifo's as I think they are great --- but I agree with Flush that the chanting (for me) is key

Hopefully we can get people out to the tailgates to practise

RealG-TFC
05-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Personally I think we overrate ourselves. If people chanted as much as they were on the message boards we would be awesome.

The people who do chant need to try to pick up chants, also the guys in 112 should look to other sections and pick up those chants as well.

true.

Sure for MLS and North America it was big (ish), but we aren't all that amazing.

Jeff s
05-18-2008, 10:38 PM
CAPO is now -- I was speaking to a couple of guys in my section that might be up to it -- I can help them out too

A capo in each section with walkies will(should) work

A lot of good rythm chants out there that will get the crowd and our boys on the pitch going good

Dont really have to memorize -- song sheets are out there, and eventually you wont need them anymore

I normally tailgate from 11:30 -- if we all come early by a couple of hours -- we can go through the chants -- so you can get the rythm down

No disrespect to tifo's as I think they are great --- but I agree with Flush that the chanting (for me) is key

Hopefully we can get people out to the tailgates to practise

Agree, but not with the walkie talkie

It could help you know what chant is going on, but not keep you organized imo.
Like I keep saying, just donate a strong mega phone and smack that person down in the middle of the section or whatever, and it will keep everyone updated on the song and timing. We really need a capo with a megaphone. Im tired of hearing a song, going along fine and than some people (who sometimes do it on purpose sadly) decide to go off course and sing something else.

jabbronies
05-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Agree, but not with the walkie talkie

Im tired of hearing a song, going along fine and than some people (who sometimes do it on purpose sadly) decide to go off course and sing something else.

They don't do it on purpose...it's usually done because they are not listening to what else is going on. The don't take that extra 5-10 seconds to pause, listen to what is being sung, and then join in at the right time.

alexintoronto
05-18-2008, 10:59 PM
It's not like anyone is choosing tifos over chanting. They're both important parts and both should be done. NEE tifos typically happen before the game starts while chanting/singing is done during the game.

Daveisonfire
05-18-2008, 11:01 PM
LOOK AROUND AND IF PEOPLE ARE SINGING A PERFECTLY GOOD CHANT, EVEN IF IT'S HALFWAY ACROSS THE STADIUM, JOIN IN!

NO NEED TO START A NEW SONG!

but you all knew that already:)

Brooker
05-19-2008, 04:32 AM
the problem in the bunker is that people seem to think we need to have a chant going every second of the game. i mean shit, don't get me wrong i applaud the effort but seriously...

theres just too many people trying to lead everyone at the same time that it fucks everything up.

the game vs Columbus depressed me as far as chants go. it was all just confused.

Fiin
05-19-2008, 04:43 AM
I think I missed that day... what ribbons?

When Marc made the thread about being sick of the streamers, bout 1.5-2 weeks back, I would say a solid 35% of people were agreeing with him and started crabbin.

Cashcleaner
05-19-2008, 04:59 AM
LOOK AROUND AND IF PEOPLE ARE SINGING A PERFECTLY GOOD CHANT, EVEN IF IT'S HALFWAY ACROSS THE STADIUM, JOIN IN!

NO NEED TO START A NEW SONG!

but you all knew that already:)

Repeating this for effect. :D

alexintoronto
05-19-2008, 05:14 AM
When Marc made the thread about being sick of the streamers, bout 1.5-2 weeks back, I would say a solid 35% of people were agreeing with him and started crabbin.

Paul started it, not Marc. But your point is still the same.

J .
05-19-2008, 06:02 AM
I was very disappointed with the first half in 110, it was my first and left to hang in 113 for the 2nd half. The top of 113 and the bottom of it was good, there were a lot of Blue Jays fans at the game. The dudes in 112,113,114 need to have their guys work together on chants.

Also, there will be a push from people to tame the atmosphere down, like Paul on the streamers or the soccer moms wanting to check the game out so they bring their babies.

I use to think we needed capos, but we don't, there are already capos developing, what needs to happen is to have the sections organize so they follow the others chant. The capos should be looking at each other and try to find someone in the back of their section to sing back and forth with to get the section going, while also trying to sing to the section on the right.

djking2
05-19-2008, 06:33 AM
There's 20,000 people at every game and maybe 2-3 thousand hardcore supporters. I'm one of the other ones. I saw five games last year loved what I saw and went home from a few games chanting. I landed on this board and bought seasons tics in 109 for this year. If knowing that means you don't give a shit what I think so be it but I remind you there are more in my group than there are in yours.

I like to join in on the chants. I don't feel it's my responsibilty to do so. If you want 20 thousand people chanting quit wasting your energy trying to figure out ways to get us together. I learned a few of the chants last year because a few of you took a few simple chants and sang them loud and long. Thank you.

Despite the timing issues(probably due to the speaker placement at the north end only) the national anthem gets most people singing cause we know the song and we have a cue when to start. The Dichio song has two words an insipid little pop tune many have heard and a general timing cue to help get it going. It's still the second best collective effort. I join in both. Who are ya has the visual cue of pointing.

I sit in 109 normally but sat in my daughters tickets in 116 last Saturday. I've been at every game this year so far. In neither seat can I hear the chanting from 112/113 clearly. I can't wait till we have our own anthem like YNWA. We won't get there by trying to figure out ways to get us all together or trying to sing an anthem at this point. A few people chanting loud enough and long enough with visual cues so people like me have time to join in before the chant dies is what it will take

My thanks to those of you who obviously already get what I'm saying. To the whiners all I can say is...........nothing

alexintoronto
05-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Good to hear a new perspective.

Visual Cues sound like a good idea. Maybe we should have a giant flag for each important song. If someone in the aisle between 112/113 waved a giant flag for Dichio 23:13, Ohhhh Toronto, Weee Love You, Foarza T.O., TFC Ole etc. the entire stadium could see the cue. The U-Sector flag is easily visible from the Northend, and the RPB flag at the top of 112 is visible too.

Mango Kid
05-19-2008, 07:41 AM
I caught this one on TV and was surprised how little of the atmosphere comes through on TV, at least in terms of what you can hear. I was waiting for the Dichio chant at least thinking it'd be over the top with the Tifo plans but had to rewind when I went a few minutes beyond it without even noticing.

Bloor West FC
05-19-2008, 01:01 PM

Dude I am not here to piss people off etc, but those people are sitting usually in the front. Sorry

RedRum
05-19-2008, 01:11 PM

I don't understand why it keeps being talked about but nothing gets done. Without a roof to trap and direct sound, no one will EVER be able to stay in unison. It's that simple.

alexintoronto
05-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Dude I am not here to piss people off etc, but those people are sitting usually in the front. Sorry

1st row?

Angelo1405
05-19-2008, 01:45 PM
i think the south end needs to be united. theres like 4 or 5 supporter groups in that side alone. thats waay to much. like ppl said, theres also 4 or 5 chants going on at the same time !!! clubs around the world are getting it done with more of a united fan supporter group. heres just one of the millions of examples, even some in america(chicago, portland), that one supporter group, is probably the right way to go
9LIJYRKJCaU&feature=related
p170mCnL0mM
1ikAG-joRA0
S7Inv49Ghr8
QyyCBPLWom0
RJri0CfH4RQ
D0NYgAR16QA
3d45s7Siqfs
K_sAv6IJ2d4&feature=related
-cNgiGQjv8M&feature=related

i just think too many people are thinking, no they run their supporter group differently, whatever it is they talk about, and forget that they have to be united, chant together, foooor tfc :D some people forget, this way, the chant gets through better, and way more louder.

james
05-19-2008, 02:28 PM
ya i think are atmosphere is getting worse.....to many different chants going at 1 time.

One of the worst things i saw tho was when the south end was doin the Marco Velez chant, the family section at the side was chanting Marco Polo. IDIOTS!

Angelo1405
05-19-2008, 02:55 PM
damn... marco polo ?!?! changes need to be made

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 03:18 PM
I think that this is a great example of what we should be aiming for (minus the flares). The stand is just as big as it is at BMO, they also don't have a roof and they sound great because they are all singing together. NOT randomly shouting.

S7Inv49Ghr8

TO DEVILS
05-19-2008, 03:39 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Super
05-19-2008, 04:29 PM
I think that this is a great example of what we should be aiming for (minus the flares). The stand is just as big as it is at BMO, they also don't have a roof and they sound great because they are all singing together. NOT randomly shouting.

S7Inv49Ghr8

People still don't know how to sing this song properly. Drives me crazy! They sing it all monotome like as if it's the same level all the way through the song. Fucking WAKE UP!

Fiin
05-19-2008, 04:47 PM
1st row?

**Giggle**

FluSH
05-19-2008, 04:50 PM
People still don't know how to sing this song properly. Drives me crazy! They sing it all monotome like as if it's the same level all the way through the song. Fucking WAKE UP!

...and while you are at it.... THERE ARE NO EXTRA DANNY'S IN DICHIO24!!!!!!!

Laurignano
05-19-2008, 06:04 PM
After reading all of this I don't even know where to start.

Ok First problem is CAPO'S. There should be ONE capo, nothing more. And everyone should listen to that capo and follow him/her.The more leaders u have, the worst off it could be. You put that Capo in the middle, and hopefully everyone will follow along. But you know why we could probably never have one capo?! Because every suppporters group is going to want to have a say, or a person involved. I say just vote one person in who's the best..regardless of supporters club. If you look at some clubs, the capo ussually is in a visiable spot and everyone knows who he/she is..and pays attention. I am iffy on the whole subject because its tough to controll that many people, who ever thinks they can do it all for them.

Tifo, comes from the word Tifoso (Fan) in Italian. Being a Tifo can include visuals, chants, smoke bombs, flares, etc. Which the only thing we have really is chants and some visuals...some.

I think our atmopshere really suffers when people have drinks in their hands most of the game, or eating something. I understand you want to drink and eat...but if you goto games in certain countries most people dont have drinks in their hand or food, they are focusing on the game, jumping up and down, clapping and chanting (I dont know about you, but can you do that with a hotdog and a beer in your hand?).

The simple chants I do not like too much...I think if we really want to get the whole stadium rocking we need to not make it acceptable for people to stand around and do nothing...we our selves are kind of setting our own standards for TFC games.

Seriously , I just find it so hard to believe the atmosphere at BMO field is getting worse and worse. I honestly think some people just goto games for the fact of going to games. In my section I see different people everyday, I see people bringing in Babies, sitting around, not standing up for goals, too busy making out with their girlfriends. I am honestly getting to the point where I am going to start to snap everytime i see it. If you bring a kid to a game, expect them to hear swearing and see drunk people. I promised my self, i will NEVER take a girlfriend to a game if she isn't going to enjoy her self and not even pay attention to whats going on and just wants to make out. (But ofcourse when I get a girlfriend she will be a TFC fan :) lol ).

werewolf
05-19-2008, 06:07 PM
I think our atmopshere really suffers when people have drinks in their hands most of the game, or eating something. I understand you want to drink and eat...but if you goto games in certain countries most people dont have drinks in their hand or food, they are focusing on the game, jumping up and down, clapping and chanting (I dont know about you, but can you do that with a hotdog and a beer in your hand?).

This is a very overlooked and underestimated problem. I was drinking a powerade to begin the second half on saturday, I felt like I belonged in 123.

Barbarez
05-19-2008, 06:10 PM

Ok First problem is CAPO'S. There should be ONE capo, nothing more. And everyone should listen to that capo and follow him/her.The more leaders u have, the worst off it could be. You put that Capo in the middle, and hopefully everyone will follow along. But you know why we could probably never have one capo?! Because every suppporters group is going to want to have a say, or a person involved. I say just vote one person in who's the best..regardless of supporters club. If you look at some clubs, the capo ussually is in a visiable spot and everyone knows who he/she is..and pays attention. I am iffy on the whole subject because its tough to controll that many people, who ever thinks they can do it all for them.

Tifo, comes from the word Tifoso (Fan) in Italian. Being a Tifo can include visuals, chants, smoke bombs, flares, etc. Which the only thing we have really is chants and some visuals...some.

The simple chants I do not like too much...I think if we really want to get the whole stadium rocking we need to not make it acceptable for people to stand around and do nothing...we our selves are kind of setting our own standards for TFC games.

Seriously , I just find it so hard to believe the atmosphere at BMO field is getting worse and worse. I honestly think some people just goto games for the fact of going to games. In my section I see different people everyday, I see people bringing in Babies, sitting around, not standing up for goals, too busy making out with their girlfriends. I am honestly getting to the point where I am going to start to snap everytime i see it. If you bring a kid to a game, expect them to hear swearing and see drunk people. I promised my self, i will NEVER take a girlfriend to a game if she isn't going to enjoy her self and not even pay attention to whats going on and just wants to make out. (But ofcourse when I get a girlfriend she will be a TFC fan :) lol ).

Laurignano I hear you man and I am just as frustrated as you are but you have to understand that this is the sports culture here in north america. People are brought up with the belief that going to a match of any sport is more like an outing, time to kill and pick up some chicks if they're lucky. There is no history here with the teams, no meaning, no reason to fight and support your team, clubs r run by corporations that dont give a fuck about the supporter when they can replace him/her with 10 others. The problem is deep rooted and its going to take time to change.

koryo
05-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Laurignano I hear you man and I am just as frustrated as you are but you have to understand that this is the sports culture here in north america. People are brought up with the belief that going to a match of any sport is more like an outing, time to kill and pick up some chicks if they're lucky. There is no history here with the teams, no meaning, no reason to fight and support your team, clubs r run by corporations that dont give a fuck about the supporter when they can replace him/her with 10 others. The problem is deep rooted and its going to take time to change.

in other words, reflects a society that is largely without passion.

canadian_bhoy
05-19-2008, 06:18 PM
The issue with the chanting is simple. There are a whole lot of people who want to run the show (including about 15 separate ones in 112).

The idea of coming to the stadium with a "plan" on what you're going to sing is what kills the atmosphere.

every time there is a short lull in singing you get these spazzes who start to freak out and start thinking "OMG we need a chant what do we do! something quick!!!!".
That's why we end up with people singing "can you hear columbus sing" when it's 0 f'n 0 or you get people singing "there's only one greg sutton" when he picks up a back pass.

Sure, there are 3-4 chants going on at once, but people need to sort out which is the dominant one and then go with it...within a few seconds, all those 4 chants can be unified (but people need to pay attention and stop trying to get "their song" (and I don't mean supporters groups, I mean individuals) going.

Finally, people need to start watching the match, properly and sing appropriate songs. Columbus was about to take a corner and someone wanted to start the massive....that's just dumb.

The point of it all is....stop trying so damn hard, go with the flow of things and if you hear something new, try to pick it up.

Barbarez
05-19-2008, 06:23 PM
The issue with the chanting is simple. There are a whole lot of people who want to run the show (including about 15 separate ones in 112).

The idea of coming to the stadium with a "plan" on what you're going to sing is what kills the atmosphere.

every time there is a short lull in singing you get these spazzes who start to freak out and start thinking "OMG we need a chant what do we do! something quick!!!!".
That's why we end up with people singing "can you hear columbus sing" when it's 0 f'n 0 or you get people singing "there's only one greg sutton" when he picks up a back pass.

Sure, there are 3-4 chants going on at once, but people need to sort out which is the dominant one and then go with it...within a few seconds, all those 4 chants can be unified (but people need to pay attention and stop trying to get "their song" (and I don't mean supporters groups, I mean individuals) going.

Finally, people need to start watching the match, properly and sing appropriate songs. Columbus was about to take a corner and someone wanted to start the massive....that's just dumb.

The point of it all is....stop trying so damn hard, go with the flow of things and if you hear something new, try to pick it up.

What kills the atmosphere is a 100 idiots singing a 100 different songs. We have had a plan on what to sing since day one. This is why we come up with different songs. Why do we have all these songs if you wanna be so spontaneous all the time? English style is boring, get over it. Always has been and always will be. Put up a youtube video of the best English atmosphere and Ill find you one from the rest of Europe a 100 times more exciting, and guess what? It's all planned, they have capos leading, flags, banners and its all PRE PLANNED! This is why it works, you cant expect 2000 people to start singing the same song at once without having a leader, organization and planning.

canadian_bhoy
05-19-2008, 06:27 PM
If we had 3000 people in the south stand who were committed and wanted to sing/chant all game, we could use any system we want. English, eastern euro, south american, whatever, it'd all work.

The fact is that at least (and I'm being generous) 50% of the people in each section of the south stand have no intention of chanting or singing. The just want to stand there and drink their beer. They like the atmosphere, but they don't want to participate in it. There is also a large contingent of "wow i'm in the south stand, this is cool, lets take a picture" people....who are pretty much....wankers.

Barbarez
05-19-2008, 06:33 PM
If we had 3000 people in the south stand who were committed and wanted to sing/chant all game, we could use any system we want. English, eastern euro, south american, whatever, it'd all work.

The fact is that at least (and I'm being generous) 50% of the people in each section of the south stand have no intention of chanting or singing. The just want to stand there and drink their beer. They like the atmosphere, but they don't want to participate in it. There is also a large contingent of "wow i'm in the south stand, this is cool, lets take a picture" people....who are pretty much....wankers.

Agree with that, and the question still remains. How to change that mentality...?

Laurignano
05-19-2008, 06:38 PM

It is our fault for letting this happen, believe me. I have tried SO hard in 106 to make it a fun section, but only 4 to 10 people chant with me. At least i chant though right?

And because I try to follow the south end to chant along with them, I sit and I listen, and I have no idea what the fuck anyone is chanting! We can blame a roof as much as we want, but last year we didnt have a roof and I could follow off of you guys easily.

The english style is boring to me as well. You may say whatever will work but I dont think so.. A large amount of our fans are English at these games. I prefer flares, smoke bombs, flags, jumping up and down non-stop chanting...Like Serie A or Southern American teams. Goto a game in Italy, or even Greece... notice how no one drinks in the stands?!
Why is that you must think?!?
Maybe because they are more concerned with holding a flare and a smoke bomb and chanting their team as much as they can to victory.

Obviously I know we will never get smoke bombs or flares into BMO field, but my main point here is the pinciplal...I think drinking and eating at games is a bigger problem to the atmosphere then people realise.

werewolf
05-19-2008, 06:38 PM
give supporters groups more control over tickets (like DCU), get rid of scalpers.

of course both those ideas could potentially hurt profits, so I doubt it would ever happen.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-19-2008, 06:41 PM
What kills the atmosphere is a 100 idiots singing a 100 different songs. We have had a plan on what to sing since day one. This is why we come up with different songs. Why do we have all these songs if you wanna be so spontaneous all the time? English style is boring, get over it. Always has been and always will be. Put up a youtube video of the best English atmosphere and Ill find you one from the rest of Europe a 100 times more exciting, and guess what? It's all planned, they have capos leading, flags, banners and its all PRE PLANNED! This is why it works, you cant expect 2000 people to start singing the same song at once without having a leader, organization and planning.

Exactly !you always seem to pin point! look at yourselfs....its not an englaish vs south american...ect..ect..the thing thats hurts the most ..thats there is 50 differnt supporters groups going on with there own shit...and yes MR Barbarez......im inlcuding your group as well! Your fucking quick to always point the fingers..Ive been in 113 when the supporters in there and are chanting one song....while I look over at 114...and something esle is going on over there...as i then look over to 112 and another song has just started...too many supporter groups its simple...do what you want on your own time out side of the park as groups.....but FFS UNITE in side the park!! leave your supporter NAMES at the DOOR!

Until the SouthEND BECOMES UNITED..we will never be effective..what you see it waht you'll always get!! There was a time when i thought it was possible when USEC and RPB could get threr shit together and get the southend rocking.....but with differnt supporter groups popping up on an hourly basis.....it'll never work!

ALL FOR ONE! ALL TOGETHER!

Barbarez
05-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Exactly !you always seem to pin point! look at yourselfs....its not an englaish vs south american...ect..ect..the thing thats hurts the most ..thats there is 50 differnt supporters groups going on with there own shit...and yes MR Barbarez......im inlcuding your group as well! Your fucking quick to always point the fingers

Until the SouthEND BECOMES UNITED..we will never be effective..what you see it waht you'll always get!! There was a time when i thought it was possible when USEC and RPB could get threr shit together and get the southend rocking.....but with differnt supporter groups popping up on an hourly basis.....it'll never work!

ALL FOR ONE! ALL TOGETHER!

It has nothing to do with the number of supporter groups. If everybody can just stop trying to lead and follow instead things would go a lot smoother. We in 114 look to U sector for chants and coordination. If there is a song going in 114 and U sector starts one we tell everybody in our section to STFU and follow. We're not individualists like some, we are there to enhance the overall atmosphere not to promote ourselves. Thanks.

Fuck off

Barbarez

Laurignano
05-19-2008, 06:53 PM
It has nothing to do with the number of supporter groups. If everybody can just stop trying to lead and follow instead things would go a lot smoother. We in 114 look to U sector for chants and coordination. If there is a song going in 114 and U sector starts one we tell everybody in our section to STFU and follow. We're not individualists like some, we are there to enhance the overall atmosphere not to promote ourselves. Thanks.

Fuck off

Barbarez

Lol i love you Barbarez.

Angelo1405
05-19-2008, 06:55 PM

great post, alot of this does have to do with the society people live in, the instinct, the guts, and the freedom that people have, is different in every country/continent. people would rather, walk out, get some food, stay there for a while, take some pictures, talk with some ppl on the phone, etc During the game. people would rather concentrate more on their ego, and not looking stupid after a goal is scored, than to be a chant for the team. the hostile enviornment, the roars you hear after a goal from a boca vs. river game:
KmeT8RnZlkM
will probably, never be heard in north america, maybe in 2 or 3 seconds after, but after that, people will be back to their seats (not the supporters though). unfortunatly, these casual fans will be the majority of the entire stadium.everyone knows my dying need for flares in a game :o, i only suggest them to clear out the casual, "cool" fans who think this is a golf game, and really promote, and bring the hardcore supporters, for their club. sort of like this
kxSHsx_RPko
BRmZHQAEkQM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fjXYxSYE7o&feature=related
dcjaGrN-tI0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcjaGrN-tI0)

you rarely see those casual fans in these fan bases and in the ones around the world. the society just does not fit the type that others live in and are accostumed to in other places. i applaud any real fan and every supporter group that is really behind their team at all times. i really think bmo has the potential to be like them, i just hope its not to late, one of the reasons im pouring out ideas :D
i believe a UNITED south end can really help. supporter groups are fine, but them singing the same song, everyone on the same page is what tfc fans need

TFC !!!!!!!

Hooligan69
05-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Supporters sections should be controlled by supporters groups, at least as far as I'm concerned. Isn't that what happens in DC?

Barbarez
05-19-2008, 06:59 PM
great post, alot of this does have to do with the society people live in, the instinct, the guts, and the freedom that people have, is different in every country/continent. people would rather, walk out, get some food, stay there for a while, take some pictures, talk with some ppl on the phone, etc During the game. people would rather concentrate more on their ego, and not looking stupid after a goal is scored, than to be a chant for the team. the hostile enviornment, the roars you hear after a goal from a boca vs. river game:
KmeT8RnZlkM
will probably, never be heard in north america, maybe in 2 or 3 seconds after, but after that, people will be back to their seats (not the supporters though). unfortunatly, these casual fans will be the majority of the entire stadium.everyone knows my dying need for flares in a game :o, i only suggest them to clear out the casual, "cool" fans who think this is a golf game, and really promote, and bring the hardcore supporters, for their club. sort of like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxSHsx_RPko
BRmZHQAEkQM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fjXYxSYE7o&feature=related
dcjaGrN-tI0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcjaGrN-tI0)

you rarely see those casual fans in these fan bases and in the ones around the world. the society just does not fit the type that others live in and are accostumed to in other places. i applaud any real fan and every supporter group that is really behind their team at all times. i really think bmo has the potential to be like them, i just hope its not to late, one of the reasons im pouring out ideas :D
i believe a UNITED south end can really help.

TFC !!!!!!!

Dude I love that atmosphere, passion and commitment to your club but it's going to take years to see that kind of passion here. YEARS!

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 07:00 PM

Operation Pest Control>?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Supporters sections should be controlled by supporters groups, at least as far as I'm concerned. Isn't that what happens in DC?

In a perfect world....USECTOR and RPB....would of been approached by TFC last season!!...."here you go boys..the entire southend is yours!!!! NOW FILL IT!"

hmmm..amagin that!

Angelo1405
05-19-2008, 07:03 PM
i think all teams need an instuctional video, itll speed up the process :o read that for me barbarez please.:D

http://static.flickr.com/56/159831913_f9e93d6338.jpg

werewolf
05-19-2008, 07:05 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcjaGrN-tI0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcjaGrN-tI0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This is what it should look like outside Gate 3 after a win.

Hooligan69
05-19-2008, 07:07 PM
gX-HP7V4aaw

Barbarez
05-19-2008, 07:11 PM
NXAk2klJDuE&feature=related

Jings
05-19-2008, 07:14 PM
How much would it cost for a microphone and some speakers. Each supporter group has one capo that will start the songs/chants. RPB for the first half U S for the second half.

It would also be good to have the first verse of Oh Canada as a recording to get everyone started at the same time...like YNWA at Parkhead
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=au4b7FUBhso

Angelo1405
05-19-2008, 07:16 PM
a capo would be a good idea. maybe someone could inform bmo to allow some sort of stand where a capo could lead the chants. and the fans will see from there.

Jeff s
05-19-2008, 07:20 PM
What if we make an attempt to get people to stick after the game (obviously not all of them are gonna stay, but try to keep a good number) and just practice the capo during a reserve game, see how easy it is to follow etc.

stugautz
05-19-2008, 07:43 PM
We'll never get MLSE to allow us control of supporters seats as long as there is a waiting list for season tickets. DC can get away with it because there's 30,000 empty seats every game.

As for getting sound through the speakers at the south end, it would be great if the sound technicians at BMO field would allow us to tap into those speakers so we can override what's coming out of them, but I don't think the sponsors would like that too much. Sure a mic'd up south end with live chants coming through the speakers would be a good compromise for the lack of roof we have and it would get everybody on the same page, but it's not happening, so lets every one of us try to stick with the chant we hear and stop trying to start our own.

masrawy
05-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Capo stand right in the middle of 112, 113, and 114, rotate the capos between all groups so no one bitches.

Thank you.

futbol_fever
05-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Capo stand right in the middle of 112, 113, and 114, rotate the capos between all groups so no one bitches.

Thank you.

I agree....we need to develop unity....and come together for one cause...and that is to support our team as best we can...

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 08:23 PM
What about the other side of the south end. If you haven't noticed, 117 and company are aways the ones starting chants in the middle of other chants. They want to get in it but they are stuck because they only know like 5 chants.

I still say we follow what the chicago wankers did:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/374/capo3hf1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Sparta
05-19-2008, 08:24 PM
A lot of suggestion -- a lot of good suggestion -- but nothing really done yet.

I say we keep it simple and start at the Galaxy game -- lets make that the first trial game -- lets have a poll or recommendations or volunteers for the Capo.

What do you think about this plan ...

1 Capo in section 109/110 stairway
1 Capo in section 111/110 stairway
1 Capo in section 112/113 stairway
1 Capo in section 112/113 stairway

For a total of 4 Capo's

Now we create(which is already done) chants which are assigned numbers

(ie. (1)"Oh when the reds.." -- the LEAD CAPO is the only decision maker for that game -- if he is good and there aren't any complaints -- then he remains -- if not -- next person is the LEAD CAPO for the NEXT game.

Now the LEAD CAPO raises signs with numbers on it -- this works 2 ways -- it shows the other Capos which song is next and it gives the heads up too the fans on which song to prepare for.

Now each Capo will raise the number so that the next capo next to him can see the number and so forth.

LEAD CAPO will start the chant -- it is up to the other capos (and fans) to listen and join in the chant at the right time -- DONT JUST START AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CHANT -- listen and join in -- timing

I think this should be done -- I think it will work if we all put the effort -- once the trail is over -- add more Capos to other sections to have the whole stadium going

We can start it simple and say we have each capo with 3 signs with the numbers 1-6(back and front) in BIG letters. Each number is designated to a chant.

The LEAD CAPO doesn't have to wait to start the chant -- the other capos must join in at the right time -- it wont be hard, once 2 sections are on board, it will be so clear and loud for the rest of the capos to join in.

So what do you guys and gals think -- is this do able???????

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 08:37 PM
What if we make an attempt to get people to stick after the game (obviously not all of them are gonna stay, but try to keep a good number) and just practice the capo during a reserve game, see how easy it is to follow etc.

Or an academy game.

werewolf
05-19-2008, 08:39 PM
the reserves games are free, and everyone is already there anyway. Unfortunately people have to go drink more beer.

Corcai
05-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Masrawy has hit the nail on the head. Leave your fucking egos at the door. RPB, U-Sector, etc doesn't mean shit unless most of us are there to support TFC.

One Capo, everyone agree to follow, and Capo gets rotated every half or match.

On another note, I was lucky enough to be in 112 for alot of games last season, and it seemed like U-Sector deliberately tried to start different chants to out sing 112. Now is that really fucking necessary or productive?

Mrs. Workie
05-19-2008, 08:54 PM
On another note, I was lucky enough to be in 112 for alot of games last season, and it seemed like U-Sector deliberately tried to start different chants to out sing 112. Now is that really fucking necessary or productive?

And if you were there for the first few games this season, you'd notice that's changed. There's a lot more co-ordination between the sections. I can't hear the bottom of 112 from where I sit a lot of the time, so we pick up a lot from 113.

Nomad
05-19-2008, 08:55 PM

Is your talking shit like this really fucking necessary or productive?

Sparta
05-19-2008, 08:57 PM
One Capo wont work -- maybe for that section only

We are all new here -- we are not like the europeen teams that have been around for years and years

We are starting out -- you are asking a lot from that capo -- too much -- right now

We cant even get oh canada right -- but you think we can get the chants down

Keyman
05-19-2008, 08:58 PM
I worked as a semi-Capo at the railing, about half-way up 112 in the second half of the Crew game. It was me, FluSH, Jack, and Zach from Usector working together. We used hand signals in order to establish some sort of unison among the fans. Depending on how many fingers I saw go up, I would go with that chant and face the top of the section, to try to get them to join in.

At the start, people didn't seem to want to join in, I mean I had never been seen before in the section. However by the end, there seemed to be some organization, and most people would either look to FluSH who was down further, or me, for guidance on what chant to go with.

I personally think that this is the best way to slowly move into a Capo system. I fully agree that we need, down the road, to establish one Capo for the entire south end. As someone said, we can even change it up every game so people are happy. However I don't think the south end is ready for that quite yet, so why don't we continue with this system for a bit?

Bluenose13
05-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Masrawy has hit the nail on the head. Leave your fucking egos at the door. RPB, U-Sector, etc doesn't mean shit unless most of us are there to support TFC.

One Capo, everyone agree to follow, and Capo gets rotated every half or match.

On another note, I was lucky enough to be in 112 for alot of games last season, and it seemed like U-Sector deliberately tried to start different chants to out sing 112. Now is that really fucking necessary or productive?That hasn't happened once this year by any group.....The groups work very well with each other.....The Usector guys at the front of 113 are always looking over & joining in with us & we do the same.

RealG-TFC
05-19-2008, 09:03 PM
I worked as a semi-Capo at the railing, about half-way up 112 in the second half of the Crew game. It was me, FluSH, Jack, and Zach from Usector working together. We used hand signals in order to establish some sort of unison among the fans. Depending on how many fingers I saw go up, I would go with that chant and face the top of the section, to try to get them to join in.

At the start, people didn't seem to want to join in, I mean I had never been seen before in the section. However by the end, there seemed to be some organization, and most people would either look to FluSH who was down further, or me, for guidance on what chant to go with.

I personally think that this is the best way to slowly move into a Capo system. I fully agree that we need, down the road, to establish one Capo for the entire south end. As someone said, we can even change it up every game so people are happy. However I don't think the south end is ready for that quite yet, so why don't we continue with this system for a bit?

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/374/capo3hf1.jpg

Sparta
05-19-2008, 09:03 PM
how about expanding to more capos in other sections -- i cant see fingers where i am in section 110 -- maybe numbered signs or something

Keyman
05-19-2008, 09:12 PM
That would be fantastic, RealG, but I think it will take a bit of time to establish a Capo like that. I had a hard time getting the top of 112 to join the rest of the south end in chants, because random people would just start their own chants. I think we first need to establish some unison between the top and the bottom of the south end; although maybe this isnt usually the case, it was my first game in the south end.

And Sparta, that might be a good idea. I'm not the one to talk to though, I'm not really in charge haha

adampz
05-19-2008, 09:20 PM
This is definetly the best idea ive heard of so far. I was there on saturday, and in 112 it was worse then i expected, there were a group of rpb's at the bottom singing, then a group of us higher up singing something different. Plus i had some guy in a leather jacket behind me complaining about my flag. The capos are really what we need, for any of you that are familiar with wisla krakow, thats what they do, and look how organized their supporter groups are!

MisterMacphisto
05-19-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm all for having a very specific, visible capo in the South End and having one in 127 as well.

Even if it was for just 2 or 3 huge "stadium unifying" chants in each half, and then for just helping solidify smaller, more spontaneous chants.

As for styles mentioned early in this thread, English, South American, African etc... I love them all. Variety is the spice of life.

Can the heads of the supporters groups sit down and talk about having capos soon? Let's work together on this.

Sab0tage
05-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Plus i had some guy in a leather jacket behind me complaining about my flag.

That sucks. These are the things that need to be stopped, especially in sections like 112.

Mrs. Workie
05-19-2008, 09:22 PM
I had a hard time getting the top of 112 to join the rest of the south end in chants, because random people would just start their own chants. I think we first need to establish some unison between the top and the bottom of the south end; although maybe this isnt usually the case, it was my first game in the south end.

No, that usually is the case. There's a "dead zone" in the middle of the section, which makes unison a bit difficult. That and not being able to hear the bottom of 112. The past few games have been better, cuz someone will turn around and look up at us to let us know what's going on. It's getting better...but it's a slow process.

Another major issue, is a lot of the tickets around us we think belopng to scalpers, as there are always different people there each week- which doesn't help the unison thing either.

JPMcLean
05-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah its good to see that the chants are spreading across the stadium now yet i must say i didnt find sitting in the NEE as good as it has been myself this season. Sadly it was mostly because of their drum as whoever was using it was struggling to keep an actual beat, it was sporadic and didnt work with the chants or what was going on on the field. It was a real shame and i noticed that people around me in the section next to the NEE were also getting pissed off with it as well. Im all for drums when it works with the chant but they have to be played in time as it distracted alot of people from enjoying the game to its full extent.
[Im not anti-NEE in any way i love sitting there when i get the chance im just being honest and pointing out what i felt the issue was as we are discussing "supporters performance"]

Laurignano
05-19-2008, 10:49 PM
I am seeing a lot of good points here, and now the only thing is are we going to do this?! I REALLY don't see how we can have more then one capo working together. Like I've said before we have to set the bar high this year because we cannot continue to slide down hill.

When and how can we ensure this will happen?!

Hooligan69
05-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah its good to see that the chants are spreading across the stadium now yet i must say i didnt find sitting in the NEE as good as it has been myself this season. Sadly it was mostly because of their drum as whoever was using it was struggling to keep an actual beat, it was sporadic and didnt work with the chants or what was going on on the field. It was a real shame and i noticed that people around me in the section next to the NEE were also getting pissed off with it as well. Im all for drums when it works with the chant but they have to be played in time as it distracted alot of people from enjoying the game to its full extent.
[Im not anti-NEE in any way i love sitting there when i get the chance im just being honest and pointing out what i felt the issue was as we are discussing "supporters performance"]

Why not talk to our drummer boy in 127 instead of talking smack on this board?

Laurignano
05-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Back on topic guys....

H Bomb
05-19-2008, 11:04 PM
^^ There really wasn't anything "sideways" about his post

Roogsy
05-19-2008, 11:04 PM
I agree he should talk to the guys in 127...but can we really say it's talking "smack" because he is giving an opinion?

Hooligan69
05-19-2008, 11:05 PM
I agree he should talk to the guys in 127...but can we really say it's talking "smack" because he is giving an opinion?

Oh alright. I'm too lazy to edit my post. :p

Laurignano
05-19-2008, 11:06 PM

I know I just find it stupid when people fight over the internet with words. lol

werewolf
05-19-2008, 11:07 PM
:topic:

Laurignano
05-19-2008, 11:12 PM
I am seeing a lot of good points here, and now the only thing is are we going to do this?! I REALLY don't see how we can have more then one capo working together. Like I've said before we have to set the bar high this year because we cannot continue to slide down hill.

When and how can we ensure this will happen?!

Lets continue from here. lol

masrawy
05-19-2008, 11:19 PM

Sideways = coming and talking about it on a forum that isn't ours, as if I don't check it.

alexintoronto
05-19-2008, 11:24 PM
There are 2 drummers in the area. Which one were you talking about JPMcLean? The one in the first row of 126 or the one in 127 3rd or 4th row?

Please clarify.

tfc88
05-20-2008, 01:04 AM
For those who prefer actions to talk...

At the top of 112, we can't hear you guys at the bottom.. again we all know this is due to the dead space created by scalped tickets and the like in the middle.

That being said, there are many in the top section as well who are remaining silent. This really kills the chants.

ON WEDNESDAY--

We need to COMMUNICATE.. at the game, before the match.

I'll volunteer to look like a jack-ass and lecture a group of people, because frankly I am fed up with terrible chanting/singing this year. It's not to be condescending. At work, if there are issues, you deal with them head on. People can debate it all they want on the boards, but that wont help Sally and Johnny who picked up 112 tix from their cousin.

We need to get the message across AT THE STADIUM, give everyone the heads up that if you're in the supporters section, you're expected to be a part of it.

We have to stop this breakdown. If half of the non-chanters can get going, things will pickup around the entire south end, and to the rest of the stadium.

JPMcLean
05-20-2008, 01:24 AM
Nicely Said TFC88

perhaps some more of those RPB song sheets would be helpful for those who are in the "supporters" sections but dont seem to know whats going on with the chants and such, sometimes we might take for granted that because we're organized and know our songs and such doesnt mean that dick and jane who are just there for one game also know them, lets welcome them to the section and get them involved showing them what a great time it can be to be part of the TFC experience.

Mango Kid
05-20-2008, 08:46 AM

Hammer. Nail. Head.

Daveisonfire
05-20-2008, 09:03 AM

:cheers:

The Kingpin
05-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Hammer. Nail. Head.

And Done.

That's the way it happens across the globe... I ranted about this way back in Red Patch LIVE! Just join in... Have a blast... The less you try the easier it will become. Use your football IQ.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Does anyone have any information on CAPO'S or Zac with the Megaphone??

Is there going to be more Megaphone's?? any other Capos??

Are we using Cellphones to contact people in Key Sections???

I mean seriously, when the fuck are we going to put our differences aside and UNITE the SOUTH once and for ALL!!!!!!!!

when the fuck are we going to put our differences aside and UNITE the SOUTH once and for ALL!!!!!!!!

UNITE THE SOUTH, PLEASE for the LOVE of GOD!@!!

Jack?? CashCleaner?? LuckyStrike?? SOMEBODY!?!?

Any further information on this??

Roogsy
05-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Information on what? Uniting the south? The supporters groups ARE united...that is not the source of the problem for the chanting problems. Let's move on.

Barbarez
05-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Seriously. I think some people need to figure out what the problem is before preaching about unison and chant coordination.

Stencils
05-20-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm sure this has been suggested before (and done)...

Is there an "official" songs/chants .pdf file here? We all obviously have computers and I'm guessing access to a printer. If everyone runs off ten pages or so and distributes them around their part of the section, that would help, yes? It can't hurt. I'm sure there are people who WOULD sing, but are afraid of looking stupid by not knowing the words.

A quality .pdf document would help though.

TO DEVILS
05-20-2008, 10:27 AM

Drum distracts people from the game???? now i heard it all....do me a favour, if you like to criticize someone, then do better, but if you can't than just keep your mouth shut and go about your business.

I don't see you bringing flags, streamers, helping with banners or even chanting....so if you want to complain about atmosphere, do it when you are a part of it, when all you do is sit down and expect to be catered to, i have no time for your comments.

Next time, you dislike something, come and talk to us......

TorontoBlades
05-20-2008, 10:34 AM
I just find it kinda funny that the most love on this board after a match with the first place team in the conference goes on about how the supporters did, and constant bickering back and forth. The world revolves around the RPB...

http://ksjtracker.mit.edu/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/narcissist.jpg

TFCREDNWHITE
05-20-2008, 10:48 AM
I agree with numerous people that have listed many different reasons for what thr "root" of the problem is...I understand where many people are coming from when describing the problem...

All i am saying is that, the Chants are off, and nobody is in unison..It sounds awful!

When i went to the KC and NYRB games...I always listen to the sections that are to the left and right of me, and then i pick up the chant that they are singing and i try to project my voice down or across to the next sections! I follow the chants that are coming from the SOUTH END pretty much. I can get a lot of people around me chanting what i am chanting because i have a very deep and loud voice. In the name of getting things in unison i always try to be aware of where the chant is coming from and i pick up what has been started already...i very very rarely start my own. But i need the entire SOUTH END to be one voice so i can get it "right"

Shaughno
05-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Except uniting 5000 people who are trying to sing songs that are no more than a year and a half old (at the most) is easier said than done. 5-10 years from now, sure but we're still establishing ourselves as groups and as supporters of TFC in general. It's going to take time and the biggest thing is just trying to join the chants that are already started instead of starting COME ON YOU REDS or OH WHEN THE REDS or CAN YOU HEAR... all the time OVER TOP of chants that are already going!

Also, for the most part the supporters groups are on the same page and trying to spread the chants. It's damn hard to spread a chant when all of a sudden THIS IS OUR HOUSE explodes from some fans and catches on like wildfire, even though it's at the most pointless and inopportune time.

H Bomb
05-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Drum distracts people from the game???? now i heard it all....do me a favour, if you like to criticize someone, then do better, but if you can't than just keep your mouth shut and go about your business.

I don't see you bringing flags, streamers, helping with banners or even chanting....so if you want to complain about atmosphere, do it when you are a part of it, when all you do is sit down and expect to be catered to, i have no time for your comments.

Next time, you dislike something, come and talk to us......

This is the third post complaining about JPMcleans post and they are all way off....I think it nicely illustrates a point for this thread. Constructive criticism is something we need to take back, think about, and then use. in 115 chants are often lost because we'll pick up 112/113 and then a drummer/group of clappers will lose the original beat and our sync will be completely lost. Drums will play a major role (especially pre roof) in our coordination and they need to be dead on or people wont stand a chance.

TO DEVILS
05-20-2008, 11:16 AM
This is the third post complaining about JPMcleans post and they are all way off....I think it nicely illustrates a point for this thread. Constructive criticism is something we need to take back, think about, and then use. in 115 chants are often lost because we'll pick up 112/113 and then a drummer/group of clappers will lose the original beat and our sync will be completely lost. Drums will play a major role (especially pre roof) in our coordination and they need to be dead on or people wont stand a chance.

Contructive criticism from someone who is involved in the problem is always welcomed, but criticism is not constructive when it comes from someone who has done nothing constructive to help the issue.

alexintoronto
05-20-2008, 11:32 AM
I still don't know which drummer he was talking about. There were 2 last game. One in 127 and one very close to 127, but in 126.

H Bomb
05-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Contructive criticism from someone who is involved in the problem is always welcomed, but criticism is not constructive when it comes from someone who has done nothing constructive to help the issue.

This is circular and kinda useless. The guy had reasonable points for a reasonable problem. It seems to me that people are choosing to be insulted by something that isn't insulting. His criticism was constructive and should be looked at to see if it was valid and then dealt with. If there is a drum out of beat it will kill every chant that gets going and that will hurt 127, so why not listen?

masrawy
05-20-2008, 11:47 AM
This is circular and kinda useless. The guy had reasonable points for a reasonable problem. It seems to me that people are choosing to be insulted by something that isn't insulting. His criticism was constructive and should be looked at to see if it was valid and then dealt with. If there is a drum out of beat it will kill every chant that gets going and that will hurt 127, so why not listen?

One, from the go, he sounds like one of those people that are against having fun, full stop. Drum distracts you from the game? Tough, I'll keep banging the thing for 90 minutes, it keeps the energy up.

Two, I haven't heard any complaints about my drumming being off beat this year, so reading this was a bit of a surprise, and believe me, the people in my group don't hold back, they'll tell me if I had a shitty day.

Three, he could have done it in person or on our message board.

Four, we're extremely self critical and open to advice and help, go check the first page of our forum.

alexintoronto
05-20-2008, 11:48 AM

The drum in 127 wasn't out of beat from what I heard. The other drum made it's first appearance and wasn't going for every song. Constructive critisism is great but useless if we can't even figure out which drum he's talking about.

TO DEVILS
05-20-2008, 11:50 AM

You are a cunt, a scared little cunt that would not have the balls to say half the things you do on this board in person.

Don't be insulted by my post since it wasn't meant to be insulting, it was just constructive criticism.;)

FluSH
05-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Well,

I don't think it was Masrawy's drum that was off beat as I've heard him play before... with that said people shouldn't get upset if someone tells you that you are offbeat... My cousin Fabricio got it 2 pages full (of people saying the drumming was off) two games ago... and I know that he wasn't drumming to OUR beat... I tried to resolve it by having a replacement made in the last game. No big deal.

Barbarez
05-20-2008, 11:52 AM
You are a cunt, a scared little cunt that would not have the balls to say half the things you do on this board in person.

Don't be insulted by my post since it wasn't meant to be insulting, it was just constructive criticism.;)

Very well played sir

shaggingscot
05-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Except uniting 5000 people who are trying to sing songs that are no more than a year and a half old (at the most) is easier said than done. 5-10 years from now, sure but we're still establishing ourselves as groups and as supporters of TFC in general. It's going to take time and the biggest thing is just trying to join the chants that are already started instead of starting COME ON YOU REDS or OH WHEN THE REDS or CAN YOU HEAR... all the time OVER TOP of chants that are already going!

QFT...when will this end??

:noidea:

H Bomb
05-20-2008, 11:54 AM
One, from the go, he sounds like one of those people that are against having fun, full stop. Drum distracts you from the game? Tough, I'll keep banging the thing for 90 minutes, it keeps the energy up.

Two, I haven't heard any complaints about my drumming being off beat this year, so reading this was a bit of a surprise, and believe me, the people in my group don't hold back, they'll tell me if I had a shitty day.

Three, he could have done it in person or on our message board.

Four, we're extremely self critical and open to advice and help, go check the first page of our forum.

Well I did read JPMcLeans post, which means your point 1 and point 4 are contradicting each other. He doesn't sound like "one of those people that are against having fun". I mean come on buddy, do you even believe the things you're writing there?

Again, he raised points in a reasonable manner and you shot them down as personal insults. And the your use of his quote "drum distracts you from the game" is totally out of context. He mentioned it for when a drum is out of sync from a group singing, which is true.

Yes he could have done it on your messageboard and I don't know the guy from Adam. Maybe he doesn't go on your messageboard/doesn't know it exists, i dunno.

Red Rat
05-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Why does one person's comment automatically gets viewed as an insult?
To me the root problem is that most fans are not aware was is going on the pitch. They chirp at anything, this problem will continue and it will not go away until the fans have a better understanding of the game.
The fans here remind me of a time when I was in the jungle surrounded by parrots, beautiful, loud and incoherent.

H Bomb
05-20-2008, 11:57 AM

This is embarrassing.

Chewy Unikronik
05-20-2008, 11:59 AM
My 2 cents...

It's a shame sound doesn't travel as fast as light... People are off because they hear the drunken dude beside them long before they hear the rest of the crowd, which in turn throws off the timing. Singing of the national anthem is a perfect example.

More importantly though, this having to do things a certain way and manufacturing chants is getting REEEEEEEALLY tiring. The Massive is a perfect example. It has lost it's shine, because it's attempted 72 times a half and never gets past the 2nd lap.

Sing because something happened in the match that is relevant to the song, or to commemorate an event... NOT just because...

Bluenose13
05-20-2008, 12:01 PM

That's way over the top & uncalled for.

Red Rat
05-20-2008, 12:04 PM
and the moderators are?

TFC Tifoso
05-20-2008, 12:11 PM

Hey man, great topic to start...I highlighted some things i will give my humble opinion on...

1) Capo.....means head.....most things have only one head, and chant leaders should be no different. Please supporters groups in the south end, come together and designate ONE capo who will do the job now and for all. Nothing else will fall into place until this happens.

2) Atmosphere suffering because of food/drink....this is the culture of North American sports, unfortunately....has been for many years...and I may be wrong, but the reason why we don't see this in other countries is because a) they are brought up watching sports and and being a supporter different then we are and b) in some countries, you are simply not allowed to buy alcohol in the stadium...personally, I don't see why somebody can't sing or clap while having a drink (ya don't have to hold it ALL the time!)

3) Simple chants/getting everybody on board....kinda contradictory because if you want to get the "whole stadium rocking", then we need the simple chants...people aren't there every game like we are...also, I highly doubt that even in the most famous stadiums in the world is the whole crowd singing, but the proportion of capacity to supporters is much much larger (Azteca holds over 100000...even if 20% of the people inside are singing, that's still 20000...the capacity of BMO!)...we have to understand what we are up against here.

4) Last paragraph...agreed 100000000000000%....one thing that drives me fucking crazy in 226 are the people who sit on their lard asses all fucking game, but squeal like a 6 year old fucking child when the t-shirt giveaway comes by...fuck people, if you want a free shirt so badly I have tons of shit I don't wear anymore, I'll bring it next game!!

Guys (and gals), we have to remember, things don't happen in a season or two or maybe even three, but to everybody who loves to chant and sing and jump during the game....don't give up!!! Don't give in to the frustration!

I think one HUGE HUGE thing that would help is if the chants are sustained for a period of time. It seems that some people have a case of ADD and don't want to hold a chant for more than a minute. It often takes that long for a chant to make it to a certain part of a stadium.

But, one capo......it all starts from there...

Shaughno
05-20-2008, 12:29 PM
I hear you brother. I am just tired of all this. I just want us to fix the problem. Too much talk not enough walk IMO.

Problem is, the people that ARE walking the walk are doing it in the stands. The majority of people I know that get it done in the stands, aren't necessarily frequently on the board. All I ever see is people bitching about supporter performances, but when I'm yelling at people in 112 to start a chant, or get their scarves up.. they just stare ahead like nothing's going on for the most part anyway. Obviously everyone wants to see the game, but as a supporter it's your job to make yourselves heard and seen.

Shaughno
05-20-2008, 12:31 PM
That's way over the top & uncalled for.

If he was being serious I would agree.

Laurignano
05-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Hey man, great topic to start...I highlighted some things i will give my humble opinion on...

1) Capo.....means head.....most things have only one head, and chant leaders should be no different. Please supporters groups in the south end, come together and designate ONE capo who will do the job now and for all. Nothing else will fall into place until this happens.

2) Atmosphere suffering because of food/drink....this is the culture of North American sports, unfortunately....has been for many years...and I may be wrong, but the reason why we don't see this in other countries is because a) they are brought up watching sports and and being a supporter different then we are and b) in some countries, you are simply not allowed to buy alcohol in the stadium...personally, I don't see why somebody can't sing or clap while having a drink (ya don't have to hold it ALL the time!)

3) Simple chants/getting everybody on board....kinda contradictory because if you want to get the "whole stadium rocking", then we need the simple chants...people aren't there every game like we are...also, I highly doubt that even in the most famous stadiums in the world is the whole crowd singing, but the proportion of capacity to supporters is much much larger (Azteca holds over 100000...even if 20% of the people inside are singing, that's still 20000...the capacity of BMO!)...we have to understand what we are up against here.

4) Last paragraph...agreed 100000000000000%....one thing that drives me fucking crazy in 226 are the people who sit on their lard asses all fucking game, but squeal like a 6 year old fucking child when the t-shirt giveaway comes by...fuck people, if you want a free shirt so badly I have tons of shit I don't wear anymore, I'll bring it next game!!

Guys (and gals), we have to remember, things don't happen in a season or two or maybe even three, but to everybody who loves to chant and sing and jump during the game....don't give up!!! Don't give in to the frustration!

I think one HUGE HUGE thing that would help is if the chants are sustained for a period of time. It seems that some people have a case of ADD and don't want to hold a chant for more than a minute. It often takes that long for a chant to make it to a certain part of a stadium.

But, one capo......it all starts from there...

I agree with you. My only thing is opinion number 3, which you are right but it kind of bothers me how we have to use simple chants. I mean people are going to chant regardless if they want to chant right? So why not just continue to use more complex chants and learn how to work together singing them? Because there is no way we are going to get everyone to start chanting and singing simple things. The more complex and long, I think the better. Because short chants get boring after a while, and so do simple ones. But if you have a fun long one, it will last longer, which therefore equals people learning the song and continuing along with it.

H Bomb
05-20-2008, 12:34 PM
If he was being serious I would agree.

He's your friend Shaughno, not mine.

masrawy
05-20-2008, 12:34 PM
All I ever see is people bitching about supporter performances, but when I'm yelling at people in 112 to start a chant, or get their scarves up.. they just stare ahead like nothing's going on for the most part anyway. Obviously everyone wants to see the game, but as a supporter it's your job to make yourselves heard and seen.

Fuck, that blank stare I get back from people officially pisses me off more than anything on this planet. One of these days I'm going to flip.

Shaughno
05-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Mas, fucking right man. Especially considering 'the bunker' is supposed to be always 'rocking'. Yet in reality, the middle of 112 and often the rest as well can be quite shitty. I yell and people just stare. Frustrating as fuck.

HBomb... pardon?

Barbarez
05-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Fuck, that blank stare I get back from people officially pisses me off more than anything on this planet. One of these days I'm going to flip.

Or when they turn around and have a stupid smile on their face like they hear you but still don't do shit.

Shaughno
05-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Or when they turn around and have a stupid smile on their face like they hear you but still don't do shit.

Bah I hate that. Especially when I'm singing my balls off, turn around and see everyone looking at me and doing nothing, aside from some.:mad:

Mrs. Workie
05-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Bah I hate that. Especially when I'm singing my balls off, turn around and see everyone looking at me and doing nothing, aside from some.:mad:

I feel like starting a "welcome to my world" thread like Flush...Trying to get the back going is nearly impossible...

Shaughno
05-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey at least you have the SSJ and 1% boys up there to get things going. When I turn around I see a bunch of drunks... and big Phil. :lol:

giambac
05-20-2008, 01:00 PM
It seems like everyone is getting bent out of shape because several chants are going on at the same time, or that they can't be heard, or that some people don't particapate and others don't know the words etc...etc..etc.......

First of all Ticket holders have the right to do as they please. They paid to get in and if they want to chant they do. If they don't want to it so be it.

First and foremost they are there to watch a soccer game. Some like to sit others like to stand, each to their own. Why do people get pissed if someone isn't singing or if someone has a dog and beer in their hand. Not everyone is alike, So RELAX.

I personnaly love it when the supporters get rowdy and stand and chant. To me this makes the soccer match that much more livley. But fuck don't criticize if a mother brings her daughter to watch the game and their not standing and yelling.

If your so concerned about different groups doing their own thing and causing confusion then fuck it's simple, just co-ordinate a schedule of chants. This will create togetherness. For example - 5 minutes into the game it is chant #1, 15 minutes into the game it is chant #2, 25 minutes into the game it is Chant #3. etc.etc.etc.....

Eventaully people will know what song is to be chanted and at what time. Everyone around the stadium from North to South, East and West will be in unison.

It's that simple. You don't need a Capo in one section or 2 Capo's . Fans can look at the score clock and at the 5 minute mark they begin....

Hooligan69
05-20-2008, 01:05 PM

It would be nice if we could get some clarification on which drummer this person is referring to since there is Masrawy in 127 and a guy in 126 banging a drum during the game. I am just confused.

:noidea::confused:

Shaughno
05-20-2008, 01:05 PM
No, the chants should flow according to what's happening in the game actually.

As for paying ticket holders. Good for them, this is why we asked to have dedicated sections for the supporters groups. People who want to watch the game with their dick in their hand while chatting about work with their mate, can do so in the appropriate section. The south end was to be considered the supporters end, which in turn means everyone should be supporting the team vocally and visually. If you're not, swap tickets with someone who will because I know of at least 50 people who would willingly pay to replace you.

Laurignano
05-20-2008, 01:06 PM

As for paying ticket holders. Good for them, this is why we asked to have dedicated sections for the supporters groups. People who want to watch the game with their dick in their hand while chatting about work with their mate, can do so in the appropriate section. The south end was to be considered the supporters end, which in turn means everyone should be supporting the team vocally and visually. If you're not, swap tickets with someone who will because I know of at least 50 people who would willingly pay to replace you.

lol if someone does wnat to swap let me know, becuase i would love to go over there! 106 is killing me :noidea:

Shaughno
05-20-2008, 01:07 PM
That's what I'm fucking saying man. I know plenty of people that would do terrible things to get into the south end where the 'supporters' are supposed to be.

Laurignano
05-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Exactly. But my dream is to have the whole stadium like that but im slowly realising it would never happen...

Shaughno
05-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Unfortunately I agree. We'll be lucky if we can get 1/4 of the stadium into it IMO.

Laurignano
05-20-2008, 01:13 PM
But the problem with that I think is we are allowing it also to happen as well. I seriously wish things were different in Canada...but thats just me. I just hope Toronto FC adds 5,000 more seats and makes a North end, right across from the south end and believe me, I will be the one of the first to call my rep demanding a move over there.

TFC Tifoso
05-20-2008, 01:15 PM
I agree with you. My only thing is opinion number 3, which you are right but it kind of bothers me how we have to use simple chants. I mean people are going to chant regardless if they want to chant right? So why not just continue to use more complex chants and learn how to work together singing them? Because there is no way we are going to get everyone to start chanting and singing simple things. The more complex and long, I think the better. Because short chants get boring after a while, and so do simple ones. But if you have a fun long one, it will last longer, which therefore equals people learning the song and continuing along with it.

Again it depends on what you prefer....if you want the whole crowd going, then we need the short, simple chants...but if you want just the supporters making noise for all, then the long complex ones are the way to go.
Personally, I'd love to hear Forza T.O. or Ooh Toronto nonstop for 10-15 minutes, just like Serie A style in the clip somebody posted a few pages back. Once a chant goes on for that long you can't help but join in. But people can barely get through the la la la las of the massive because they are so rushed.

Shaughno
05-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Again it depends on what you prefer....if you want the whole crowd going, then we need the short, simple chants...but if you want just the supporters making noise for all, then the long complex ones are the way to go.
Personally, I'd love to hear Forza T.O. or Ooh Toronto nonstop for 10-15 minutes, just like Serie A style in the clip somebody posted a few pages back. Once a chant goes on for that long you can't help but join in. But people can barely get through the la la la las of the massive because they are so rushed.

That my friend, is the worst part about the people outside of the supporters groups IMO. It's like they take every chant and try to rush through it as fast as possible, or turn it into a progressive chant when it shouldn't be. Even chants like Oh When The Reds get sung WAYYYY too fast.

TFC Tifoso
05-20-2008, 01:23 PM

End. True x100000, and this is the problem people like myself and Laurignano face. I'd fucking love to have the whole ground singing and jumping but the reality is that BMO Field is not one big supporter's section. However, if you were/are fortunate enough to have tickets in a SS or corner then be a fucking supporter. I, for the life of me will never understand people who come on here and say, "well paying customers can do...." or people who throw stuff at U-Sector....listen, you know what you signed up for when you got your tickets there...be a supporter or get the fuck out!! I'd love to have my seats there!!

giambac
05-20-2008, 01:26 PM

Your so full of yourself. There are fans throughout the stadium regardless if they are in the South, North, west or East end. Why the fuck do you think your special because your in the south section. I have tickets in both the South Section and in The West section. I at times give some away to clients or friends. I paid for the tickets and who ever sits in my seats can watch and participate as they please. I have friends that bought the South section tickets for one reason - the price was cheap and that's what they could afford. That's probaly the reason you bought them.Are you telling me thay have no right sitting back there becasue they don't stand up and yell or chant to your tunes?

Barbarez
05-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Your so full of yourself. There are fans throughout the stadium regardless if they are in the South, North, west or East end. Why the fuck do you think your special because your in the south section. I have tickets in both the South Section and in The West section. I at times give some away to clients or friends. I paid for the tickets and who ever sits in my seats can watch and participate as they please. I have friends that bought the South section tickets for one reason - the price was cheap and that's what they could afford. That's probaly the reason you bought them.Are you telling me thay have no right sitting back there becasue they don't stand up and yell or chant to your tunes?

Mods, please block this mans IP address from a supporters board.

TFC Tifoso
05-20-2008, 01:32 PM

Yes, that is why it is called "supporters section".....its not called "cheap seats" or "reduced cost".....it is for the supporters....if you don't plan on being a supporter, then there are plenty of seats at a similar cost to SIT in.

Rawkus_420
05-20-2008, 01:33 PM
I unfortunately watched this game on TV and I have to say I think overall the atmosphere we create may not be as goos as we all think it is. I could hear the dig drum no problem but I couldn't make out any chant but "This is our house" which sounded amazingly lame and Seven Nation Army.

Cause you need songs not fucking chants. Chants are for cheerleaders, songs are for supporters. Chants are simple little phrases that any blonde haired short skirt wearing,cheerleading bimbo can belch out while being tossed in the air. Chants will always sound shitty from afar or on tv. The only stuff that sounds good on tv are the fans singing songs about players or their team, and from watching any game in any league around the world....90% of the time , you will here songs being sung...not simple, non-melodic chants. Sad to say but compared to the european atmosphere we tried to emulate , we are leaps and bounds behind them.

Some easy to sing to songs, the have a melody are required big time if you want to sound like good supporters as so many of you put it.

Laurignano

LOL common man....he isnt THAT bad. He has his right to his own opinion and stuff my man...you know how it is Barbarez, everyone doens't always agree.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB

QFT!!

Nomad
05-20-2008, 01:34 PM
I have friends that bought the South section tickets for one reason - the price was cheap and that's what they could afford. That's probaly the reason you bought them.

There are other sections with the same pricepoint as the south end for people who just wanted "cheap seats".

Why don't you fucking get this?! It's not rocket science here.....

Shaughno
05-20-2008, 01:35 PM
LOL common man....he isnt THAT bad. He has his right to his own opinion and stuff my man...you know how it is Barbarez, everyone doens't always agree.

While I agree, the board does say...

RED PATCH BOYS
Toronto FC Supporters Club

If you don't like it, leave.

Laurignano
05-20-2008, 01:40 PM

RED PATCH BOYS

I know. Its true. I do like it and I aint going to leave...as a matter of fact I LOVE it lol I love this forum and board cant get enough of it my friends.

But if he feels that way its a shame because that is a typical north american mentality of a fan. "Drink my beer, eat my hotdog, sit around and watch".

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-20-2008, 01:40 PM

RED PATCH BOYS

Your so full of yourself.:hand:

Roogsy
05-20-2008, 01:41 PM
LOL! It also says Red Patch Boys and yet everybody and their mother is here...

Barbarez
05-20-2008, 01:44 PM
LOL! It also says Red Patch Boys and yet everybody and their mother is here...

your mom is here?

BigTingsGwan
05-20-2008, 01:45 PM
what we really need is a chant..or song whatever u wanna call it..that calls out the south end in particular.. I mean something along the lines of "who's not jumping is no ultra" to that effect.. Im sick of the lack of support in the southend. (broken record)

Cambridge_Red
05-20-2008, 01:49 PM
If there is one thing we need to get right it's the anthem. Half the stadium was finished 20 seconds before the other (which was following the anthem). I like how we sing loud and proud but it sounds like we dont even know the words when it isn't done correctly.

Mango Kid
05-20-2008, 01:53 PM
I've noticed we can't even get O Canada right on time from section to section, and those are words presumably EVERYONE knows AND that there is music going for!

So, how can we get the rest of the songs going at the same time? Seems to me a leader is in order - call him/her a Capo or whatever you want, but that seems to me the obvious solution, or at least, one we have yet to see employed fully.

Arm that person with a megaphone, walkie talkies, signs, whatever you want but thinking that this will resolve itself this year maintaining the status quo is a huge stretch and that is being generous.

If you can't get the hardcores who know the words pulling in the same direction, ignore the ones who don't know the words - it won't happen until the former does.

giambac
05-20-2008, 01:54 PM

RED PATCH BOYS

Your a Moron.

People don't agree with you so their not supporters.

I've come on this forum and sold tickets on Ticket Trader in the South section at cost for 3 games. I sat in my West section seats and my South section tickets were available. I could have gauged and charged ridiculous prices but I didn't because I know there are people who couldn't get tickets and wanted the opportunity to watch the game. And I will continue to sale any unused tickets to TFC supporters.

By the way I'm out of town for the LA Galaxy game on May 31 so I will be selling my tickets. Their your if you want them for $400/pair becasue your a jackass. Other people can have them at cost.

Roogsy
05-20-2008, 01:55 PM
LMAO!

:rofl:

alexintoronto
05-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Your a Moron.

People don't agree with you so their not supporters.

I've come on this forum and sold tickets on Ticket Trader in the South section at cost for 3 games. I sat in my West section seats and my South section tickets were available. I could have gauged and charged ridiculous prices but I didn't because I know there are people who couldn't get tickets and wanted the opportunity to watch the game. And I will continue to sale any unused tickets to TFC supporters.

By the way I'm out of town for the LA Galaxy game on May 31 so I will be selling my tickets. Their your if you want them for $400/pair becasue your a jackass. Other people can have them at cost.

I'll buy 'em

:D

Red Rat
05-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Giambac
You should know people on this board by now then.. remember that.

Boschmeister
05-20-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm sure this has been suggested before (and done)...

Is there an "official" songs/chants .pdf file here? We all obviously have computers and I'm guessing access to a printer. If everyone runs off ten pages or so and distributes them around their part of the section, that would help, yes? It can't hurt. I'm sure there are people who WOULD sing, but are afraid of looking stupid by not knowing the words.

A quality .pdf document would help though.

It definitely would help. I work for a copier company so I printed off like 100 song sheets for a game last year and handed them out in 115 and people looked at me like I had two heads. Most people didn't even try to follow along but a few said thanks and tucked it away to look at later.

On another note:

There are way too many transient fans in 115, especially in the first few rows in front of me. The lower area of 115, first 8 or 9 rows especially closer to 114 is disappointing, other than about 6-7 guys. What the hell kind of supporter holds his girlfriends' hand all game and smooches her the whole time. WTF? is this movie night? I think as long as we have these transient fans we are going to have a problem carrying chants over to 116/117/118. The Capo and drum will help but these deadbeat fans located in the supporters section is distracting and affects moral.

FluSH
05-20-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm glad to see the boards are finally back... we almost broke the record today for most users online =P

Mango Kid
05-20-2008, 02:05 PM
What the hell kind of supporter holds his girlfriends' hand all game and smooches her the whole time. WTF? is this movie night? I think as long as we have these transient fans we are going to have a problem carrying chants over to 116/117/118. The Capo and drum will help but these deadbeat fans located in the supporters section is distracting and affects moral.

When Toronto is defending that end in the first half and that happens, can you come find me in the last row of 114 - I'm near the end. I can come make fun of clowns like that. Gets me warmed up to hammer the opposition's keeper in the second half.

Or, we can put an end to that with a "fuck her, I did!" chant. :)