PDA

View Full Version : Supporters Performance?

Pages : 1 [2]

TO DEVILS
05-20-2008, 02:06 PM
LOL! It also says Red Patch Boys and yet everybody and their mother is here...

If you want to be selective there are ways to achieve that...block the boards to unpaid members. Problem solved, no more intruders.

TO DEVILS
05-20-2008, 02:08 PM
This is embarrassing.

I agree....people should always back up their online statements in person and in the stands.

If everybody was less of an E-Supporter and more of a Real Supporter, threads like these would not be needed.

Cheers.:)

Jack
05-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Guys ease up on the flaming now. Everyone just take a step back from the keyboard and calm down. (not directed at any one person but at the general tone of the thread)

Giambac, if you tried to sell your tickets for more than face value around here, you wouldn't be on this board for long.

The supporters section should be expected to support, don't you think?

Cambridge_Red
05-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks for restoring sanity Jack.

Laurignano
05-20-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm glad to see the boards are finally back... we almost broke the record today for most users online =P

lol I know this is awesome. But yeah We will see how things go this weds and then we will probably have another 250 post dicussion on what happened. lol

Roogsy
05-20-2008, 02:15 PM
If you want to be selective there are ways to achieve that...block the boards to unpaid members. Problem solved, no more intruders.

Quite the opposite. That's my point. We now have a closed forum as well for paid members. I dont think he should be complaining if someone who is not part of the supporters group is posting his unpopular opinions on this open board.

Red Rat
05-20-2008, 02:15 PM
hahahahaha
Sanity on this boards, people that come here are not same.

TO DEVILS
05-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Quite the opposite. That's my point. We now have a closed forum as well for paid members. I dont think he should be complaining if someone who is not part of the supporters group is posting his unpopular opinions on this board.

Sorry...i missunderstood you. My bad.;)

giambac
05-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Guys ease up on the flaming now. Everyone just take a step back from the keyboard and calm down. (not directed at any one person but at the general tone of the thread)

Giambac, if you tried to sell your tickets for more than face value around here, you wouldn't be on this board for long.

I've sold my tickets for 3 games at COST. However for some jackass (no names mentioned ) they will never get them at cost.

FluSH
05-20-2008, 02:19 PM

I think he's just selling his tickets above face value to Shag! LOL

Red Rat
05-20-2008, 02:19 PM
I've sold my tickets for 3 games at COST. However for some jackass (no names mentioned ) they will never get them at cost.

we hear ya

FluSH
05-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Shameless Plug:

GO CHECKOUT THE CHANTS SECTION!

kkthxbye

Jack
05-20-2008, 02:22 PM

Good stuff, that's your prerogative.

Laurignano
05-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Shameless Plug:

GO CHECKOUT THE CHANTS SECTION!

kkthxbye

some new chants added? :D

nancymiranda
05-20-2008, 02:34 PM
On another note:

There are way too many transient fans in 115, especially in the first few rows in front of me.

same goes here for section 111. There's 3 rows of which are usually empty.(I have tickets in one of those rows). The people come late to the game (ie 30 minutes or more) stay until the first half is over then never come back! The last game (on Saturday) I had something like 6 seats infront of me vacant, 4 beside me - vacant and a whole bunch behind me vacant. Also, the guys infront of me who come late and never return for the second half talk about everything under the sun (don't even look at the game) and then begin to wonder what we are chanting. I feel like taking a wrapped up newspaper and swatting them on the head with it. That's why we are not loud enough. If your gonna go to the game with your Gucci sun glasses and Armani shirts and talk about your girlfriend, dog, cat etc and not even look at ther game, then give your tickets to someone who will appreciate the game.....

Roogsy
05-20-2008, 02:40 PM
This isn't something that WE can fix. These problems will always exist until stadium expansion where we can negotiate with TFC about managing our own sections in their entirety. We can have people move out who dont want to be there and move in people that do.

This would also save us from having to deal with scalpers in our sections.

nancymiranda
05-20-2008, 02:48 PM
This isn't something that WE can fix. These problems will always exist until stadium expansion where we can negotiate with TFC about managing our own sections in their entirety. We can have people move out who dont want to be there and move in people that do.

Yea, sad but true... we are stuck with these folks! Hey, I saw you the other day! You were wearing your shirt with your name on the back. Was going to introduce myself, but didn't get a chance!

Roogsy
05-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Hahaha..."Roogsy" on the town was I?

nancymiranda
05-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Hahaha..."Roogsy" on the town was I?
Next time I see ya, I'll stop by and say hi!:D

Shaughno
05-20-2008, 03:03 PM

I preferred to be called an asshole thanks. :D

As has been said before in clear and concise fashion, if you purchase tickets you can do as you please but if you buy tickets in the supporters section you are expected to support the team through verbal and visual methods to the best of your ability, a point you have missed every time.

J .
05-20-2008, 03:12 PM
nine pages of drivel

the question is, how do we get the people who show up to games, but do not waste their time here, to sing.

nancymiranda
05-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Award free pizza/beer to the zone that sings the loudest!

BigTingsGwan
05-20-2008, 03:25 PM
we hold chants for as long as we possibly can.. Example.. Usector and forza T.o

Laurignano
05-20-2008, 03:25 PM
nine pages of drivel

the question is, how do we get the people who show up to games, but do not waste their time here, to sing.

My Solution is we don't stand for people not singing period.
We put one capo in the middle of the supporters section, that Capo starts up the chant and the supporters do the rest. The Capo has to be a high energy person, with good leader skills and has a good knowledge on all of the chants and songs.

KeepRightOn
05-20-2008, 03:36 PM
It must be hard to hear what's going on in different part of the ground when you dont have roof on the place. Put a roof on one of the stands and that will keep the noise in and then everybody will be able to hear what being sung.

As another poster said, Toronto FC have only been around for what a year and a half so you cannot expect every single person to no all the words to all the songs and then sing in time.

After 140 odd years at Birmingham City it comes natural for one group of people in one particular part of the ground to start a song off and then the whole stadium joins in.

Heres an example:

The song starts inn the Tilton Road End
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5AKdH7axE

The song carries around the ground to the Spion Kop corner next to the away fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGA5i2zBJnA

Birmingham City supporters singing our anthem 'Keep Right On To The End Of The Road'. As you can see there is no piped music, no announcer telling what to sing and when to sing it, it comes natural and thats what will probably happen at TFC over the years. You have you 5 or 6 top songs that the whole club knows (even fly-by-nights) and it becomes easy to get songs going becasue everybody knows them.

RealG-TFC
05-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Some inspiration:

N10r3uuRaZk

TFC Tifoso
05-20-2008, 04:15 PM

nine pages of drivel

Very good observations gents.....now we're getting somewhere....these are the roots of the problem........................................... .......
and having only one capo.............................................. .....and having everybody jump while they sing :D:p;)

RealG-TFC
05-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Very good observations gents.....now we're getting somewhere....these are the roots of the problem........................................... .......
and having only one capo.............................................. .....and having everybody jump while they sing :D:p;)

:D

f-bG695THJ8

TFC Tifoso
05-20-2008, 04:30 PM
I fucking wish that is our south end one day!!!!!!!!!!

And that by that time I will have tix there! :D:D

Keyman
05-20-2008, 04:39 PM
How about I come up and yell in your face if you are not chanting...
Would that work?

Because seriously, if you're not chanting and you stand in the south end. And you would rather move up to a quiet section, where you can sit on your ass and chant "TFC, TFC" for the entire game, then I will gladly give you my tickets in 225 and take your tickets.

If you are in the south end, you should have no voice by the end of the game. You have a job to do, and that is to chant, sing and jump for 90 mins.

This needs to be the mindset of every individual that enters the south end.

Angelo1405
05-20-2008, 04:59 PM
this is the south end in a few years :p
p170mCnL0mM
3d45s7Siqfs&feature=related
qPEuuIj1WzE&feature=related

and that btw is a team in the 3rd division. :o

Daveisonfire
05-20-2008, 05:03 PM
All I know is I go to every match prepared to lose my voice to support my team...

I had no idea there were people in 112 who don't sing...its disgraceful that someone would sit in a supporters section just to stuff their face when there's people like me who would kill to get the opportunity to help unify the South end...fuck man:frown2:

adampz
05-20-2008, 05:29 PM
I think we all know that we have to start getting the capos going. The top boys of RPB have to get together with U sector, NEE, Ultras 114 and what not, and figure this thing out. Thats the only way we are going to be unified completely. And i saw some guy from U sector come over to 112 and bitch about RPB's not supporting enough blah blah blah. Enough of that, all for one right?

Jack
05-20-2008, 05:48 PM
I think we all know that we have to start getting the capos going. The top boys of RPB have to get together with U sector, NEE, Ultras 114 and what not, and figure this thing out. Thats the only way we are going to be unified completely. And i saw some guy from U sector come over to 112 and bitch about RPB's not supporting enough blah blah blah. Enough of that, all for one right?

When did that happen?

The "top boys" from the supporters groups are in constant communication.

On Saturday I grabbed FluSH and a couple of guys from RPB and went and we spoke with the capos from U-Sector to try to get on the same page at half time of the game.

I don't recall anyone coming over from U-Sector to bitch about RPBs not supporting enough...

THA BUTCHA
05-20-2008, 05:48 PM
My 2 cents...

It's a shame sound doesn't travel as fast as light... People are off because they hear the drunken dude beside them long before they hear the rest of the crowd, which in turn throws off the timing. Singing of the national anthem is a perfect example.

More importantly though, this having to do things a certain way and manufacturing chants is getting REEEEEEEALLY tiring. The Massive is a perfect example. It has lost it's shine, because it's attempted 72 times a half and never gets past the 2nd lap.

Sing because something happened in the match that is relevant to the song, or to commemorate an event... NOT just because...

Great Minds think alike.

the best chants are ones that take there cue's from whats going on the field during the game.

Opposing goal kick:
YOOOOOOUUUU....TWAT....YOUR SHIT
AAAAAHHHHHH

Questionable referee decision:

THE REFEREE's A GAGGER
THE REFEREE's A GAGGER
THE REFEREE's A GAGGER
THE REFEREE's A GAGGER

(hold fist to mouth)

ACK..ACK..ACK..ACK..

Terrible play by opposing team:

(to the tune of GO WEST)

YOUR SHIT AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE...

these are just some of the chants me and my friends sing
during the games. I dont suggest everyone start using them cause I'll be the first to admit they most deffinitely wouldn't fly in other areas of BMO field.

But the Point im trying to make is that it's chants like these that will the easiest to learn and execute. and most poeple have no problem getting involved.

I've been reading this thread and its seems people are frustrated that more people aren't singing along. There are many reasons being stated.

- NO ROOF
-No Ryhtum
- No CAPOS
etc....etc.

I think there are TWO reasons why people aren't singing as much as last year. Not sure if they have been mentioned.

1. We actually have a team that is worth watching this year. The play thru our midflied has been a treat to watch.

2. I think people are just flat out board with most of our chants. You have to make sure that the Chant you wanna start inspires people and thats hard to do with the same material game in, game out. and honestly it doen'ts matter how many CAPO's you have. your not going to get anymore people singing....

T-O-R....O-N-T...

than there already is.

I think the Toronto FC fan base is doing just fine. Ask yourself a question.

Are you enjoying yourself @ the games as much as you were last year?

I'm sure most if not all of you would say YES. I know I am. I'll even go out on a limb and say I'm having an even better time than last year. :?)

FORZA TFC...:canada:

RealG-TFC
05-20-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm sorry but having no roof is hardly an excuse. Cavese, Maccabi Haifa and that 3rd Division team that Angelo posted don't have roofs and they sound great. Because they sing TOGETHER.

shaggingscot
05-20-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm sorry but having no roof is hardly an excuse. Cavese, Maccabi Haifa and that 3rd Division team that Angelo posted don't have roofs and they sound great. Because they sing TOGETHER.

Don't know much about the 3rd division club but the other two were founded in the early 1900s, wonder how the support sounded in their second season??

Same old story week after week, I'm going to stop reading these threads.

RealG-TFC
05-20-2008, 06:22 PM
So a roof suddenly unites people? All it does is maximize the sound.

Angelo1405
05-20-2008, 06:25 PM
hes right, the last 2 vids are "treze futebol clube" which was founded in 1925. the first vid, is Gremio, im sure people are familiar with them, the team is successful and were founded in...1903. i think tfc grew so fast in hype and excitement that people expect so much now. but down the road, itll be alright...i hope. but for now, i guess its experimentation ?

RealG-TFC
05-20-2008, 06:29 PM
I know it will take time. But I don't agree with the "wait and see" argument. Our North ameican society is against us. If I were to start a club in Rio De Janeiro all of a sudden and they drew a high attendance, I'm sure they would have crazy chants going. Here the whole ultra "scene" is basically unheard of. It is us who have to stir the support in this direction, if not it will just be a regular NA sporting event.

AL-MO
05-20-2008, 07:23 PM
My frustration about the chanting has grown every week...I am in 114, and the Ultras are great but the top of the section is an absolute right off...there are a bunch of guys around me that are more concerned with talking about the latest in the Scottish Premier League and drinking beer than the game and chanting...then to make matters worse, there are a few guys in row 20 with NO rythm (Red Lion can attest to this they sit right by him) They FUCK UP EVERY SINGLE FUCKING CHANT by trying to stomp the stands as fast as possible...I honestly can't remember a chant that they have kept on time other than tor-ont-oooo TFC...I turned and yelled over at them in the second half, and it seemed to get a bit better....but its like these guys don't even THINK when they chant....And no matter where I am (114 especially) I am always looking around to figure out what the next chant is....Its not very hard, with the big drum and reading peoples lips its very easy to figure out what chant just got started....

AL-MO
05-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh and I think the first step is along with the megaphones (Ultras have a huge one in 114) is for everyone to have walkie talkies....we could communicate instantly with all of the groups what is coming up next, etc.

Mrs. Workie
05-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Oh and I think the first step is along with the megaphones (Ultras have a huge one in 114) is for everyone to have walkie talkies....we could communicate instantly with all of the groups what is coming up next, etc.

They tired that one night and it failed. It's too loud for them to hear anything.

A few people brought up the "having control over our section and who sits there" argument. I'd love nothing more than this, but in reality how difficult would this be? Would you want to be the one who gets told by their ticket rep "no you can't sit in 112 cuz you're not an RPB".

I'm simply playing devils advocate. I'd love nothing more than to get rid of those in 112 there because it's the "South End".

Bluenose13
05-20-2008, 08:18 PM
When did that happen?

The "top boys" from the supporters groups are in constant communication.

On Saturday I grabbed FluSH and a couple of guys from RPB and went and we spoke with the capos from U-Sector to try to get on the same page at half time of the game.

I don't recall anyone coming over from U-Sector to bitch about RPBs not supporting enough...Chris......BusanBhoy from Usector came over but I don't think he was bitching about anything.....He sure wasn't bitching at anyone at the bottom of 112........I just can't see someone from Usector coming over & bitching at us........If there is any section that is unified it's the bottom of 112/113 it's been a pleasure this year.

Jack
05-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Chris......BusanBhoy from Usector came over but I don't think he was bitching about anything.....He sure wasn't bitching at anyone at the bottom of 112........I just can't see someone from Usector coming over & bitching at us........If there is any section that is unified it's the bottom of 112/113 it's been a pleasure this year.

Chris came over to congratulate Mike for his TB banner.

Bluenose13
05-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Chris came over to congratulate Mike for his TB banner.
That makes sense :)

TFC Tifoso
05-20-2008, 08:31 PM
They tired that one night and it failed. It's too loud for them to hear anything.

A few people brought up the "having control over our section and who sits there" argument. I'd love nothing more than this, but in reality how difficult would this be? Would you want to be the one who gets told by their ticket rep "no you can't sit in 112 cuz you're not an RPB".

I'm simply playing devils advocate. I'd love nothing more than to get rid of those in 112 there because it's the "South End".

You're right, if there was an easy way they'd be out or I'd be in! :D From someone who is hoping to get into the south end or 127 it's even more frustrating for us knowing that we'd be right in there contributing with you all, if not for some idiots who like staring at the sun in the south end because its "the cool place to be"

Roogsy
05-20-2008, 10:55 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of when the stadium expands, TFC finds a way to give us our sections in their entirety.

Yeah...I know..."IF" the stadium expands....what can I say? I like to dream... http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/1240_sleeping.gif

Laurignano
05-20-2008, 11:24 PM
My frustration about the chanting has grown every week...I am in 114, and the Ultras are great but the top of the section is an absolute right off...there are a bunch of guys around me that are more concerned with talking about the latest in the Scottish Premier League and drinking beer than the game and chanting...then to make matters worse, there are a few guys in row 20 with NO rythm (Red Lion can attest to this they sit right by him) They FUCK UP EVERY SINGLE FUCKING CHANT by trying to stomp the stands as fast as possible...I honestly can't remember a chant that they have kept on time other than tor-ont-oooo TFC...I turned and yelled over at them in the second half, and it seemed to get a bit better....but its like these guys don't even THINK when they chant....And no matter where I am (114 especially) I am always looking around to figure out what the next chant is....Its not very hard, with the big drum and reading peoples lips its very easy to figure out what chant just got started....

I seriously think the drinking and eating during match time is a huge downfall to the atmosphere. That can be saved for before / after the game. Thats what I do and I can chant, clap, and sing all night long w/o anything holding me back.

Barbarez
05-21-2008, 06:23 AM
OK girls, time to stfu and back up your talk tonight :)

FluSH
05-21-2008, 06:57 AM
^^^

We won't have Red Thunder tonight so it's all on us...

Barbarez
05-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Bring it biatch!

Jack
05-21-2008, 07:26 AM
OK girls, time to stfu and back up your talk tonight :)

Amazingly enough, I think Barbie has probably given us the quote that can cap this thread.