PDA

View Full Version : Next Home Match - Beat New England...San Jose just waxed them

MFBODD
08-16-2008, 11:10 PM
I know we have to beat the New York Shite tomorrow in order to continue our dream of being in the play-offs, but we have the Revs next in line and considering they are at the top of the table that thought can be intimidating...or can it?

I just watched the team at the bottom of the table crush the Revs (top of the table) 4-nil! O'Brien nets 2! Wow, San Jose hammering New England? What?

COME ON YOU REDS!!

Blizzard
08-16-2008, 11:19 PM
I know we have to beat the New York Shite tomorrow in order to continue our dream of being in the play-offs, but we have the Revs next in line and considering they are at the top of the table that thought can be intimidating...or can it?

I just watched the team at the bottom of the table crush the Revs (top of the table) 4-nil! O'Brien nets 2! Wow, San Jose hammering New England? What?

COME ON YOU REDS!!

... and the guy who just jilted us (Huckerby) gets three assists, two of them on O'Brien's goals!

MFBODD
08-16-2008, 11:26 PM
... and the guy who just jilted us (Huckerby) gets three assists, two of them on O'Brien's goals!

Ronnie got an assist on the 2nd goal as well...

Kinda hurts, yeah? A bit hard to watch, but seeing the 1st place team get drilled by SJ was sweet. The Quakes haven't been beaten in their last 5!

Yohan
08-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Good news for us is that Reis looks to be injured and Twellman still not in game shape

Stryker
08-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Revs had a bad night and Jose's riding the euphorium of new players in the looker room.
Things will eventually balance out though. Let's just concentrate on the task at hand... beating the Red Bulls..

are shitte!!!!!!!

Fiin
08-16-2008, 11:35 PM
SJ gas done a great job for a 1st r team with signings and such.. there is a fair bit of talent thee and I wouldnt count them down to do some damage.

VPjr
08-17-2008, 12:08 AM
watch out for SJ. they are vastly improved. they are solid in net. there is a chance (small) that they can squeeze into the playoffs.

Wolfe
08-17-2008, 12:22 AM
that 2nd O'Brien goal was a bute!!!

think they will trade him for Robert?

Yohan
08-17-2008, 01:29 AM
watch out for SJ. they are vastly improved. they are solid in net. there is a chance (small) that they can squeeze into the playoffs.
Their defence is rather shite, so I doubt SJ will make it to playoffs.

Right now, they rely on Cannon (probably one of the best keeper in MLS IMO) to stand on his head every game to make it even respectable scores. (And Cannon is only human...)

The Kingpin
08-17-2008, 02:40 AM
that 2nd O'Brien goal was a bute!!!

think they will trade him for Robert?

Exactly.........

TFC Cityboy
08-17-2008, 08:58 AM
no doubt we'll get the NE backlash...

CoachGT
08-17-2008, 10:08 AM
NE looked pitiful in this game. It really comes home how much Joseph is the key to their team - he appears to be the controlling interest in the midfield, settling things down. Parkhurst being out didn't help matters, and the comments about him having his contract expire at year end could be interesting. Phelan had a bit of a rough night. It was impressive to see the San Jose faithful boo Khano Smith every time he touched the ball. And Reis leaving the net with an injury breaking his playing streak at just under 8,000 minutes. Remember, NE has DC midweek this week. Joseph will be back off his red card suspension.

On the other side, both Ronnie O's goals could be goal of the week in the absence of a Toronto (or DC) finalist. He was MOTM, with Huckerby running a close second. Huckerby added a dimension to the Quakes down the left side - he was untouched most of the first half (we need to do a better job on him when the time comes).

San Jose hasn't lost since Huckerby joined, and his weakest game was that in Toronto. I was interested to see the San Jose stadium - I couldn't tell where the visitors supporters were located, but I could hear the Revs supporters throughout the game.

Corpand
08-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Ronnie got an assist on the 2nd goal as well...

Kinda hurts, yeah? A bit hard to watch, but seeing the 1st place team get drilled by SJ was sweet. The Quakes haven't been beaten in their last 5!

Hey, dont feel sad, at least we signed Johann Smith. Things are BOUND to improve !!

SoccMan
08-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Hey don't worry, things are looking up for us, Mo know's what he is doing. Look at all the work the poor guys has been doing, building for the future. Remember it's a 5 year plan, we should make the playoffs in 2011. So don't worry be happy go to the stadium and have fun, buy alot of beer and wait until 2011 when we might beat out Montreal for that final playoff spot.

BC101
08-17-2008, 12:31 PM
no doubt we'll get the NE backlash...
Just like DC earlier this year... Ah well keep the faith as best we can I suppose LOL. We did pull a miracle draw against em last season... Its all i hope for come 23rd.