PDA

View Full Version : The saga of Cunningham and his cowboy hat

Corpand
08-15-2008, 11:11 PM
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20080815&content_id=180472&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

3. Cunningham knows how to "cowboy up": Time will tell if Jeff Cunningham can get along in Dallas after his trade from Toronto, where a relationship clearly deteriorated with manager John Carver.
Cunningham will get a chance to start immediately as FCD manager Schellas Hyndman said he didn't bring in the high-scoring striker (or new Dutch flank attacker Victor Sikora for that matter) to challenge for a spot. He brought them in to make an immediate impact.
Cunningham has already made an impact -- on his teammates. He showed up at D/FW Airport and, soon after, at Pizza Hut Park, wearing a cowboy hat. And think for a second about how hard that must be to find in Toronto. (He had to go to a thrift store to find one, he said.)
"I know the boys here probably heard some things about me," he said, "because I know the coaching staff in Toronto had some uncomplimentary things to say. So, I wanted to do what I could to make things less uncomfortable."
He said everybody had a nice laugh. "And then they told me to retire it," Cunningham said. This much is certain: Cunningham had his best year as he played under John Ellinger at Real Salt Lake. Ellinger, now an assistant at Dallas, says he never had a problem with Cunningham. He called the veteran striker a hard worker and said Cunningham's reputation as a malcontent is wholly undeserved.

Retard.

Brooker
08-15-2008, 11:23 PM
who's jeff cunningham?

Torcida
08-15-2008, 11:36 PM
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20080815&content_id=180472&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

3. Cunningham knows how to "cowboy up": Time will tell if Jeff Cunningham can get along in Dallas after his trade from Toronto, where a relationship clearly deteriorated with manager John Carver.
Cunningham will get a chance to start immediately as FCD manager Schellas Hyndman said he didn't bring in the high-scoring striker (or new Dutch flank attacker Victor Sikora for that matter) to challenge for a spot. He brought them in to make an immediate impact.
Cunningham has already made an impact -- on his teammates. He showed up at D/FW Airport and, soon after, at Pizza Hut Park, wearing a cowboy hat. And think for a second about how hard that must be to find in Toronto. (He had to go to a thrift store to find one, he said.)
"I know the boys here probably heard some things about me," he said, "because I know the coaching staff in Toronto had some uncomplimentary things to say. So, I wanted to do what I could to make things less uncomfortable."
He said everybody had a nice laugh. "And then they told me to retire it," Cunningham said. This much is certain: Cunningham had his best year as he played under John Ellinger at Real Salt Lake. Ellinger, now an assistant at Dallas, says he never had a problem with Cunningham. He called the veteran striker a hard worker and said Cunningham's reputation as a malcontent is wholly undeserved.

Retard.
That made me laugh.

MFBODD
08-15-2008, 11:43 PM
It took me 5 seconds to find a place selling cowboy hats in Toronto. There's a store on Yonge between Bloor and Wellesley. Now we don't have to imagine how hard it is any longer. Cunny, I'd like to introduce you to Google...

The person who wrote that article and Cunny are both tards.

RedLion
08-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Sounds like Mr. Cunningham found it almost as difficult to find a cowboy hat in Toronto as he did to find the net.

Maybe Google Maps could have helped him with that too.

Bye bye.

GhostPK
08-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Sounds like Mr. Cunningham found it almost as difficult to find a cowboy hat in Toronto as he did to find the net.

Bye bye.

Haha, that was pretty good, but I think even with a google map a foot in front of him he'd still come up short.

Daveisonfire
08-16-2008, 01:44 AM
LOL just wait till they see him play

MrHawk
08-16-2008, 01:49 AM
Hey you never know, Cunningham may have a great year. We won't know until we see.

Make all the assumptions you want, if he starts scoring, I just hope no one goes on the "Oh why did we get rid of him" bandwagon.

RPB has yet to make ankle supports

Lucky Strike
08-16-2008, 07:38 AM

Bye bye.

It's just that he didn't try hard enough to find a store that sells coyboy hats. Just like everything else. If he does end doing well for FCD, I won't be sorry we let him go, just pissed that he didn't put that effort for us and hate him even more for it (if that's possible).

Lucky Strike
08-16-2008, 07:40 AM

He called the veteran striker a hard worker and said Cunningham's reputation as a malcontent is wholly undeserved.

If he really believes this, he has no business in footy; he's THAT bad.

MisterMacphisto
08-16-2008, 08:17 AM
------------

canadian_bhoy
08-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Here is the exclusive photo

http://i34.tinypic.com/2hxsfud.jpg

Inswingingwingman
08-16-2008, 08:50 AM
I'd bet good cash that you can get those black chaps yer butt hangs out of and lots of cowboy hats on that stretch of Yonge St.

It took me 1/2 an hour in a bar near there in 1966 to realize those wern't wimmen in those dresses buy me drinks. I don't think Marvell W. could have sprinted south a 1/2 mile as fast as me and my buddy did it.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-16-2008, 08:53 AM
who's jeff cunningham?
First I've heard of him too.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-16-2008, 09:31 AM
MLS's most socially awkward striker reaching out in his own sad little way.
It wont be long before they hate you too Jeffrey.

MFBODD
08-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Here is the exclusive photo

http://i34.tinypic.com/2hxsfud.jpg

Nice one!!!