PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow Rangers Scouts

Keegan
08-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Can they not afford any? Why would you dish $5 million for Maurice Edu? If they had seen him play this wouldn't have happened honest to god lol

flatpicker
08-15-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm sure the Rangers have some money to burn...

H Bomb
08-15-2008, 01:30 PM
are we trying to set a most redundant threads in a day record on this Mo Edu thing?

Shaughno
08-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Really... another thread on this?

sully
08-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Can they not afford any? Why would you dish $5 million for Maurice Edu? If they had seen him play this wouldn't have happened honest to god lol

$5 (or approx 2M pounds) is not a great deal of money in this industry...

Wooster_TFC
08-15-2008, 01:58 PM

Barely anything actually. I would be thoroughly disappointed with MoJo if there wasn't a sell-on clause in this transfer.

gtaguy
08-15-2008, 02:01 PM
glasgow is overhauling thier whole midfield spending about 9 million pounds

Beach_Red
08-15-2008, 02:01 PM
There are some Rangers fans that sit beside me in 224 that are gonna be thrilled Edu is gone, but mighty pissed at where he's going....

Keegan
08-15-2008, 02:32 PM

Playing too much Football Manager?

2.5M pounds is a large sum for an unproven yank from MLS. Consider Iain Hume was sold for half that amount earlier this summer.

e_mcarthur89
08-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Playing too much Football Manager?

2.5M pounds is a large sum for an unproven yank from MLS. Consider Iain Hume was sold for half that amount earlier this summer.

Edu is also a regular for the USMNT and Hume is more of a fringe guy for the CMNT. Edu is also 3 years younger than Hume. Hume is 25 and not gonna improve a whole lot more whereas Edu is only 22, still fairly young by Euro standards. No way Hume should be commanding a larger fee than Edu

LucaGol
08-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Edu is also a regular for the USMNT and Hume is more of a fringe guy for the CMNT. Edu is also 3 years younger than Hume. Hume is 25 and not gonna improve a whole lot more whereas Edu is only 22, still fairly young by Euro standards. No way Hume should be commanding a larger fee than Edu

Edu is most definitely NOT a regular on the USMNT.

Call-ups here and there are one thing...but actual minutes is quite another.

Hume is much more important to the CMNT set up than Edu is to the USMNT set up.

e_mcarthur89
08-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Edu is most definitely NOT a regular on the USMNT.

Call-ups here and there are one thing...but actual minutes is quite another.

Hume is much more important to the CMNT set up than Edu is to the USMNT set up.

Hume hasn't played more than 60 min for Canada during the past year, Edu has played a full 90 min more than once.

LucaGol
08-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Hume hasn't played more than 60 min for Canada during the past year, Edu has played a full 90 min more than once.

In what games my friend...in what games....

So Edu played a full 90 in some meaningless friendly....big deal.

If the US was going to the World Cup right now...Edu wouldn't have a hope in hell of making the team.

Im pretty sure Iain Hume is guaranteed a spot on the CMNT, with a good chance of getting games.

rocker
08-15-2008, 04:50 PM
well, edu was called up for the next US WC qualifier..... and I believe Hume wasn't...

i really think edu is being hyped so much that he's gonna get called every time from now on.
and he might even play.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-15-2008, 04:51 PM
well, edu was called up for the next US WC qualifier..... and I believe Hume wasn't...

i really think edu is being hyped so much that he's gonna get called every time from now on.
and he might even play.

HAHAHA
hes held in high regard at this point, especially as they dont have a whole lot of players in either CB or DM (mostly lacking in CB)

Smenge
08-15-2008, 08:25 PM
You cannot profess to know anything about this game if you do not appreciate the quality of Edu. He will become a great player in time, and all will regret his leaving TFC.

rocker
08-15-2008, 08:43 PM
You cannot profess to know anything about this game if you do not appreciate the quality of Edu. He will become a great player in time, and all will regret his leaving TFC.

teach us, oh wise one... describe what attributes you enjoyed so much.

ag futbol
08-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Really though!

Here's what i saw of Edu in his time at TFC:

year 1: great player in the making, great defensively, decent passer, ok offensive potential but not great. Future as a box-to-box midfielder or DM. Was extremely hard working.

year 2: wtf happened? he's been lathargic to say the most. Doesn't put in as much of an effort defensively and he's a black hole of possession. Tries to run defenders or make things happen but isn't effective. Should be close to being relegated to the bench.

Has he been distracted by Europe? sophmore slump? Who knows, but it would be a lie to call him effective this year.

So the question is what are Rangers seeing in this guy right now? They aren't stupid, they are a big club with resources. Is he playing much better for the USNT? are we playing him way out of position (is he really a defender?).

Something is up here.

The Oz
08-15-2008, 10:15 PM
All in all, we lost a slumping player that everyone outside of Toronto has been overhyping for FREAKING FIVE MILLION DOLLARS! We will have our DP by next season, and now we have another young promising striker to partner Barret and whoever else Carver puts in there on Sunday. I say we did pretty well.

Dirk Diggler
08-15-2008, 11:47 PM

Yeah honestly .... Edu was hopeless with us. If he had any hidden talents, he certainly didn't display it with TFC. I haven't been watching an USMNT games but I wasn't hearing praises for him in that setup either.