PDA

View Full Version : Get CSA to speak out against Argos at BMO

Ossington Mental Youth
08-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Now we all hate teh CSA with a passion and with reason, however, perhaps we could get them to attempt to endear themselves and speak loudly against the Argos coming to Canadas National Football(Soccer) stadium. Is it worth a go? I guess it wouldnt cost us anything...

adampz
08-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Good idea, lets call those mofos and get them to do something for once

Fort York Redcoat
08-14-2008, 11:33 AM
No it wouldn't hurt. But the likelyhood of the CSA haveing the initiative or clout to do it is another.

loconet
08-14-2008, 11:36 AM
It wouldn't hurt. It is important that they direct this request/discussion to the right people: the city - the mayor, the council!

Ossington Mental Youth
08-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Ill gladly sign whatever form gets drawn up to be sent to the CSA.
Perhaps if someone posts on the U Sector board they might wanna mention somethign there, as well as any other supporters boards (Vancouver and Montreal included, although im sure they dont give a fuck) as its the 'national' stadium, HA.

denime
08-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Idea is good,and CSA/OSA should do something about this,turf was installed for soccer community use all year around.They should be pressure city,province to keep it as it is SSS.

Flipityflu
08-14-2008, 11:59 AM
you should probably start the email by telling them that Toronto now has a team in the MLS, just in case.

ag futbol
08-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Let's see which clown they get to step up to the mic to do that.

Dominic Maestracci -think i'm still remembering him saying something about we can't afford to hold friendlies unless we create a CSA that sells beer.

victor montagliani - maybe he can sell some insurance? or mumble while looking at his feet.

These guys are simply terrible and can't present themselves in public. Although support for BMO as a SSS only is badly needed. Problem is all these loud mouth "journalists" already have their mind made up before they even know what the situation was.

Roogsy
08-14-2008, 06:05 PM
The question is...why haven't they spoken up yet at all?

You'd think the moment this issue reared it's ugly head, they'd be all over it. It's a little worrisome because I get the feeling it's not due to their usual incompetence. I get the feeling that they really don't care. In which case, they wouldn't be a very good ally. Not that they ever are....friggin' idiots.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-14-2008, 06:07 PM
I feel quite confident in saying that they prob dont care but on the same hand one could point out to them 'you claim you want to make a difference, so speak up'. granted there might not be incredible results (if any).

loconet
08-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Let's see which clown they get to step up to the mic to do that.

"Clowns" is right. The CSA is a complete joke. The whole thing should be scrapped and be started from scratch.

I was a bit optimistic when it was announced that Nykamp (http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/259334) would come on board (having worked with him before) but after the board decided to change their mind in such an absurd way, I have lost faith. What a mess that place is.

VPjr
08-14-2008, 08:20 PM
this is not a bad idea.

If you can believe it, I have worked closely with the CSA in the run up to the Can v Jam game to make sure its a pro-Canada crowd. The new people there, specifically Peter Montopoli, have been excellent to work with and John Billingsley has been quite helpful too. Of course, I'm trying to make them money and create a good atmosphere to boot so I would hope they would be accomodating but I've got a good feeling about Peter (and Stephen Hart) as being people with their heads and hearts in the right place. I still don't trust the board of directors at all though and I firmly believe real change will be difficult to accomplish because of the board and their regional/provincial interests dominating the agenda.

I'll suggest to Peter that it would be good if the CSA came out with a statement about this Argos to BMO issue. I personally dont believe there is a chance in hell that the Argos will move to BMO and there are alot of people with better intel than I've got who tell me that this is a whole lot of BS (the Argos are just trying to generate some leverage to get a sweetheart deal at Skydome again)

markus
08-14-2008, 08:57 PM
...maybe CSA is waiting for Vancouver to build thier new stadium with natural grass....so then they can call it "National Soccer Stadium"...because looks like they just don't give a @#@$@! about BMO field...

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/stadium/

Ossington Mental Youth
08-14-2008, 09:15 PM
I'll suggest to Peter that it would be good if the CSA came out with a statement about this Argos to BMO issue. I personally dont believe there is a chance in hell that the Argos will move to BMO and there are alot of people with better intel than I've got who tell me that this is a whole lot of BS (the Argos are just trying to generate some leverage to get a sweetheart deal at Skydome again)

awesome, much appreciated, lets hope they speak up!
Any voice is a good voice

Cashcleaner
08-15-2008, 08:39 AM
I think the CSA should definitely clarify its position on the BMO Field debate. If the CSA wants its teams to play on a natural surface an think Toronto can still bring in more fans than Montreal or Vancouver if that happens, they really must voice their disproval of the groundsharing scheme.

Fort York Redcoat
08-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Even if attendance is an amazing sellout at BMO it provides ammo for the CSA if their players are used like blackmail saying they don't want to play in the stadium even if it's sold out. This puts pressure on the stadium when they have so much to lose by not installing the"g" word.