PDA

View Full Version : BMO TFC Fan do it yourself video project

Stugatzo
08-14-2008, 05:42 AM
I know it's a bit silly and gimmicky, but some of you may find this entertaining...

http://www.playsoccercard.ca/BMO-UltimateFan/index.php?UID=18078925383&PRO=0#

Drop the heads of your, friends, family or pets into the video for hours of chuckles.
No, I'm not pimping for anyone.

canadian_bhoy
08-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Well, that's about the worst thing I've ever seen in my whole life.

They basically ripped off 2 really good things.
1) The terrance and phillip banner from clb
2) Cashzilla
and put them together into a really terrible piece of marketing junk.

Who needs that site when we have threads like Cashzilla and Rickett's Sightings.

Speaking of that - any more sightings lately?

togetherness
08-14-2008, 08:51 AM
I am Sorry but those BMO ads drive me crazy ..They just smell like bad marketing campaigns..
this website in link above smells fishy too..

Wagner
08-14-2008, 08:53 AM
we should be compensated some how as a group, for their blatant rip off of the Cashzilla thread.

Why don't you guys (Front office/marketing folks) use our $5 beer thread for inspiration instead.

mclaren
08-14-2008, 09:26 AM
I saw this a week or so ago but didn't want to bring attention to it by posting here.

boban
08-14-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't understand why don't the groups take a tougher stand against this blatant marketing/mimicking of the supporter groups with some sort of compensation.
I mean if we use the TFC logo you bet your ass MLSE is all over us for trademarks and the like. Likewise with wanting to set up website with photos/interviews.
But somehow this is alright??

olegunnar
08-14-2008, 09:37 AM
This kind of thing is fun. The go Elf yourself one was fun. The Jib Jab ones are fun too. Always good for a laugh.

Normally I like these, but when it's in tandem with the lame ass BMO commercials, then it's dumb.

Wagner
08-14-2008, 09:38 AM
I don't understand why don't the groups take a tougher stand against this blatant marketing/mimicking of the supporter groups with some sort of compensation.
I mean if we use the TFC logo you bet your ass MLSE is all over us for trademarks and the like. Likewise with wanting to set up website with photos/interviews.
But somehow this is alright??

we can't afford bullies (lawyers).
:taz:

Flipityflu
08-14-2008, 10:01 AM
i kind of find it funny that people complain about this. surely, any publicity for us and TFC is good. i can understand why people don't like the ads, but in the end, this is good for us. we want the word spread, we want people to be interested, we want to increase the fan base, especially when it comes to tv. remember all the complaints about games not being on television? well, this helps put the word out. these aren't negative ads that put us in a bad light.

keep in mind that by increasing our name, we increae our power. that would probably come in handy if we ever have to fight a battle, say if another tennat wants to come into our stadium...

Beach_Red
08-14-2008, 10:18 AM
keep in mind that by increasing our name, we increae our power. that would probably come in handy if we ever have to fight a battle, say if another tennat wants to come into our stadium...

... or if ticket prices start to go up....

boban
08-14-2008, 10:29 AM
we can't afford bullies (lawyers).
:taz:
I am sure there is lawyer somewhere amongst the bunch.
But you don't even need that. Just some pressure.
Nobody likes bad press ;)

boban
08-14-2008, 10:31 AM
i kind of find it funny that people complain about this. surely, any publicity for us and TFC is good. i can understand why people don't like the ads, but in the end, this is good for us. we want the word spread, we want people to be interested, we want to increase the fan base, especially when it comes to tv. remember all the complaints about games not being on television? well, this helps put the word out. these aren't negative ads that put us in a bad light.

Oh on the whole it ain't that bad.
But why don't they use the actual supporters instead of this grossly contrived shit. On the other end MLSE then should not bitch when we use the logo to promote them, or websites with photos or interviews of their team.
All I am saying is it should go both ways if they find this acceptable..

Stugatzo
08-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Jeebus...lighten up, people!

Gobi
08-14-2008, 12:07 PM
I suppose 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'... but still, UGHHH.

AL-MO
08-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Sadly this is 'Play Soccer' and OSA program. . . :(

FluSH
08-14-2008, 12:24 PM
HAXXORZ

Cashzilla needs to ask for his Royalties... lol

KrazyKanadian
08-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Damn, now I have to rip the sleeves off my $90 jersey and paint my face and arms gold to look like a real fan.

Torcida
08-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Damn, now I have to rip the sleeves off my $90 jersey and paint my face and arms gold to look like a real fan.
Don't forget to over exaggerate your facial expressions.