PDA

View Full Version : "Rolling With Ricketts" latest blog

Big Bruva
08-13-2008, 03:54 PM
RR10 has posted his latest blog on the Toronto FC website, have a read when you get a chance.

rocker
08-13-2008, 04:02 PM
"CHRIS CUMMINS, OUR COACH WITH A SWIMMING POOL AT HOME",

hahahahha

DigzTFC!
08-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Most important piece in there

One man who personified the words DESIRE, PASSION and WINNER to the fullest was none other than our coach JOHN CARVER!! He was in his typical win or die mode. His presence was so influential. He made sure that we stuck to our game plan until the final whistle. When I got carried off with cramp, I got to see his touchline "HUNGER TO WIN" mentality, at first hand. It was super intense!! He is our heartbeat. If anyone wants to know what winning means to this man, all you have to do is go and buy a ticket which allows you to sit in the seats directly behind him. Then you will understand where I am coming from.

Kickit09
08-13-2008, 04:31 PM
he wrote that at 4:20am :stogey:

Fiin
08-13-2008, 07:26 PM
R w/R is AWESOME..

Draracle
08-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Good blog. His excitement is very evident -- that game was such a battle. Good to see him praising Carver: some people around here think handles his players poorly, you are wrong.

mclaren
08-13-2008, 09:04 PM
great blog - a player with a lot of passion and who really cares!

Roogsy
08-13-2008, 09:25 PM
RR is hilarious...and genuinely seems to like playing here and give his all.

And the players seem to appreciate Carver. Makes you wonder if the players support him...why shouldn't we?

Shakes McQueen
08-13-2008, 09:53 PM

And the players seem to appreciate Carver. Makes you wonder if the players support him...why shouldn't we?

The fact that Barrett hugged Carver first after his goal last weekend, despite only being here a couple of weeks, said it all.

It took the new guy two weeks to recognize how passionate Carver is about his players, and winning.

Sure it results in him occasionally shooting from the hip about things he shouldn't (ie. Cunny), but would you rather have someone more buttoned down because they ultimately care less?

It was awesome to see Carver get the monkey off his back versus Colorado. I'm glad the players apparently feel just as good for him.

- Scott

James17930
08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
linky -- it's easier :D

manic.street.preacher
08-13-2008, 10:07 PM
RR is the epitome of cool :D

JDG
08-13-2008, 10:25 PM
linky -- it's easier :D

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/fans/blogs/rollin_with_ricketts/

VoxPopuliCosmicum
08-13-2008, 10:52 PM
he wrote that at 4:20am :stogey:

I thought you were shitting me until I read it.

That's awesome. I always thought those eyes were a little too droopy.

No wonder he ran straight to me when he scored his first goal -- he could smell my pocket.

James17930
08-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Well, technically he said '4:20 Toronto time,' which would have been, what 2:20 in Denver?

Although, since they were only there for day or two, it would have felt like 4:20 to him.

So . . . why do I even bring it up?

:noidea:

Rawkus_420
08-14-2008, 09:59 AM

cause most of you are hateful leaf fans , whos only solution to anything is to fire ppl.

Shaughno
08-14-2008, 10:58 AM
cause most of you are hateful leaf fans , whos only solution to anything is to fire ppl.

Sorry, but firing the manager/coach is a quick solution in many sports around the globe. Ask Sven Goren Eriksson if he felt he had enough time to properly change Man City around.

Roogsy
08-14-2008, 11:01 AM

You are paying attention to the very small but very vocal minority here who have called for Carver's release. Most of us here understand that to be a foolish idea, hence your statement would be for the most part, incorrect.

Hustle
08-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Johnnn Carvers All Red Army!

His passion is evident...and I think an excellent fit for us at this stage...we could do alot worse. Ricketts is wicked..he's got Charisma even if its enhanced 4:20 style.