PDA

View Full Version : Cunningham getting praise in Dallas

TicTacTabarnack
08-13-2008, 01:53 PM
People will hate me for opening this can of worms ... But I was perusing FC Dallas' site and they already have a few articles on his arrival.

Cunningham embracing new home
Hyndman planning to pair veteran striker up front with Cooper
Source (http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080808&content_id=178863&vkey=news_fcd&fext=.jsp&team=t104)

Hyndman hails new star Cunningham
FC Dallas head coach impressed so far by Toronto FC acquisition
Source (http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080812&content_id=179720&vkey=news_fcd&fext=.jsp&team=t104)

There's a few interesting quotes. One being:

On the first day of my job, John said that we need Jeff Cunningham in here. So, it's taken us about six weeks to get him in here.

Why did it take Mo so long to get rid of him? I'm guessing he was holding out for more than a 3rd round pick, but ended up settling or tried to get a player, but Dallas wasn't THAT motivated to pick him up.

Broadview
08-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Hell, we were happy when he first got here.

It doesn't last.

gtaguy
08-13-2008, 01:57 PM
im sure he will look impressive for the first little while .. he did for us when he first came last year.. Eventually the truth set in...
Only thing is the pressure is off cunningham to score because kenny is there to fill the top shoes.

Wait till the cancer starts to take hold of the club...

Nuvinho
08-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Cooper will want to leave after playing a few games with him.

TicTacTabarnack
08-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Hell, we were happy when he first got here.

It doesn't last.

Very true ... I think we were quoting the same thing about the "locker room cancer" aspect (i.e. We'll work around it or New environment = New outlook) ... I guess only time will tell if history repeats itself.

Lucky Strike
08-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Whatever, he blows and that's all that matters. The perceptions of Dallas people won't change what he is.

mclaren
08-13-2008, 02:06 PM
For fans that supposedly hate the guy, we seem to be mightily obsessed.

TicTacTabarnack
08-13-2008, 02:20 PM

It's like one of your old co-workers that made everyone's life miserable and no one liked in the office, but everyone keeps talking about him after he's gone. It's soooo difficult to let go of the bashing!

Ossington Mental Youth
08-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Whatever, he blows and that's all that matters. The perceptions of Dallas people won't change what he is.

this defo needs to be kept in mind. we all to easily forget (buddle anyone?)

jloome
08-13-2008, 02:31 PM
It says a lot about what a lazy cocksucker this guy is that he has no idea why it didn't work out here. If we're lucky, he trips over Cooper in the first game and breaks his leg.

Flipityflu
08-13-2008, 02:37 PM
well, its sort of like picking up a slutty chick at the bar. its great that night, but once the herpes sets in, you start to wonder why you did it in the first place.

Shaughno
08-13-2008, 02:40 PM
well, its sort of like picking up a slutty chick at the bar. its great that night, but once the herpes sets in, you start to wonder why you did it in the first place.

:rofl: Fanfuckingtastic.

TicTacTabarnack
08-13-2008, 02:47 PM
It says a lot about what a lazy cocksucker this guy is that he has no idea why it didn't work out here. If we're lucky, he trips over Cooper in the first game and breaks his leg.

LMAO ... So True! I thought something along the same lines when I read that.

LMFAO!

gtaguy
08-13-2008, 05:01 PM
hasn't even played a real game for them yet...

wait till the dallas fans start to pull thier hair out becuase of all the stupid ass fuckups this guy does..

my kid plays better footy than this chump....

Hooligan69
08-13-2008, 05:04 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

profit89
08-13-2008, 05:28 PM
what fc dallas fans don't know is exactly what makes them fc dallas fans

Flipityflu
08-13-2008, 05:30 PM
i'm overjoyed i've made so many people happy comparing Jeff Cunningham to a venereal disease.

graeme117
08-13-2008, 07:01 PM
i'm so pissed off i have this banner sitting in my basement...

http://64.13.252.151/forums/picture.php?albumid=130&pictureid=644

guess my friends and i have got some painting to do or maybe i can turn it into a dichio flag:)

ilikemusic
08-13-2008, 07:26 PM
To be honest I wouldnt be shocked if he turned it around and started playing decent. Considering he scored all of his goals in Columbus, Colorado and Salt Lake I think theres reason to believe the guy just cant perform when the pressure is on.

He probably likes playing in big empty stadiums where the crowd doesnt care and the only sounds are the 8 year olds there with their soccer teams who all got free cow horns with their group ticket package.

Frankly it really doesnt matter what he does now because its perfectly clear he cant play here.

Chevy
08-13-2008, 08:17 PM

I think we are all a little scared (JUST a little) that he will get to Dallas and light up the league.

Roogsy
08-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Wait until Cooper leaves next year and they don't have a 20 goal scorer anymore (I think Cooper will score 20 this year). Then what? They have Cunningham and who else?

I think having Cooper on the team is going to mask Cunny's deficiencies. If they try to use him as a #1 striker, they will be sorely disappointed as we were.