PDA

View Full Version : Stefano Fiore to TFC?? - New Rumour

Chevy
08-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Here's a name that I have never heard linked to TFC....

......Of course, the Reds remain in desperate need of attacking players. Paul Dickov was rumored to be pondering a move to Canada last month. But he signed a two-year contract with Leicester on August 7th. Hakan Sukur’s name is still being bandied about. And former Lazio, Valencia, and Italy midfielder Stefano Fiore has been linked with a move to Toronto as well. In the short term, Johnson may make an offer for Galaxy striker Carlos Ruiz. The 28-year-old Guatemala international has played parts of only seven matches in 2008 and has been used sparingly by manager Ruud Gullit. Still, he is a proven goalscorer and has tallied 81 goals in 140 matches in Major League Soccer.

http://www.soccer365.com/features/story_11808224042.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefano_Fiore

Lucky Strike
08-13-2008, 12:05 PM
That might be in reference to the Fiore rumour from January... It came to nothing. I suppose it could be different though...

kitchener-TFC
08-13-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm pretty sure that Hakan Sukur decided to retire.

Stryker
08-13-2008, 01:46 PM
If we could sign him at a resonable price I'd like to see Fiore here.
We could release Robert and move Ricketts to the oppisite side.

Damien
08-13-2008, 01:49 PM
This article is grossly based on very old news.

Bobo
08-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Always liked him, and though an improvement, not what we need. It always puzzles me when I think of this guy and what happened to his career. Probably just reiterating old rumours, but a drastic change could lead to a last hoorah. So hey, sign him and play him as forward, at this point, why not?

jloome
08-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Because it'll never happen. This was a rumour that started on Italian radio in '07 and was immediately denied by Fiore; it's going nowhere.

ben_vw
08-13-2008, 03:34 PM
This has to be linked to the rumours that surfaced back in January or February. They quickly amounted to nothing.

gtaguy
08-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Carlos Ruiz would be a good choice for striker .. he has posted pretty decent numbers . Considering that the time for foreign internationals closes within the next day or two maybe looking inside our own league is the only option for this year..

Mo get on this... We need a striker badly...

Kickit09
08-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Carlos Ruiz would be a good choice for striker .. he has posted pretty decent numbers .

cunningham posted good numbers too early in his career, now look at him.

gtaguy
08-13-2008, 05:39 PM
cunningham posted good numbers too early in his career, now look at him.

we can't go and label everyone based of one screw up... (cunningham)

everyone is different ... he hasn't recieved alot of time in L.A becuase of thier accquisitions ( beckham, donovan, buddle) but i think hes a good choice for the remainder of the season..

i don't care who just make the striker situation alittle better MO...

i fear the reds game against the shite bulls .. They have stocked up on players and i fear we might get the worst drubbing of the year in shite york on the weekend ....

Bobo
08-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Carlos Ruiz would be a good choice for striker .. he has posted pretty decent numbers . Considering that the time for foreign internationals closes within the next day or two maybe looking inside our own league is the only option for this year..

Mo get on this... We need a striker badly...

Would serve us right to pick up another washed up player who actually deserves the name Cunty.

Baggio2TFC
08-13-2008, 09:00 PM
This has to be linked to the rumours that surfaced back in January or February. They quickly amounted to nothing.
But....He is out of contract as of now. No transfer fee...I say this could be one of those, under the radar stories. I like the guy, and now that our Forwards are getting healthy, and better for that matter(barrett, Ibby), I think, you can never have too many good Mids...especially offencive mids! Get'r done MO!!
:noidea:

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Certainly would be nice to get an ex-Udinese player in here, but this is a very old rumour. Fiore would be nice though, he's enthusiastic and you can gaurantee he won't pull a Cunningham and slack for ninety minutes.

TFC USA
08-13-2008, 11:09 PM
I love that any player released is automatically a possible candidate to go to TFC?

In 2016: Wayne Rooney to TFC? :D