PDA

View Full Version : Gerry Dobson - Football free loaders

denime
08-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Football free loaders

Opportunists, johnny-come-latelys, free loaders. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. Then it's a duck.

I've always loved the CFL, lived and died with the Argos growing up, and I've covered a fair share of Grey Cups, but this story is driving me crazy.

In October of 2004, Argos co-owner Howard Sokolowski unveiled grand plans for a new 25,000 seat stadium for his team at York University. "Our feeling is very strong that this is the best place to have a football stadium", he said. It was supposed to cost $70 million with the Argos responsible for about $20 million of that. And oh yes, soccer could be played there as well. This all fell apart of course, similar to University of Toronto's plan a few weeks earlier, and a Lamport Stadium plan a few years earlier. Eventually, as we all know, the Argos bolted from every proposal ever made, either by them, or someone else and signed what they thought was the best deal for them at the Rogers Centre.

Read more (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/08/13/dobson_blog_argos/?ok=5b635230e4dcf8a771014d03b3015436#comments)

Since we have 1000 thread about this topic I will close this thread for comments.If someone want to comment this please do it in other thread or visit G.Dobson blog.

Thanks for understanding