PDA

View Full Version : Wynne and Edu heading back!

King Tut
08-13-2008, 05:42 AM
USA is down 2-0 now to Nigeria, 82nd minute. They got red carded in the 3rd minute. Nigeria and Holland are going through from that group.

I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :hump:

London
08-13-2008, 05:44 AM
good news!!!
i have to go turn the tv on now

King Tut
08-13-2008, 05:47 AM
Goal for USA. They got a penalty after the Nigerian goalie tackled Maurice Edu..

King Tut
08-13-2008, 05:48 AM
USA needs to win this, to stay alive.

King Tut
08-13-2008, 05:54 AM
GAME OVER!

They are coming back for sure now!

Nuvinho
08-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Damn, you guys beat me to it.

maybe Edu can play CB for us this Sunday.

Derko
08-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Damn, you guys beat me to it.

maybe Edu can play CB for us this Sunday.

I don't know, Robbo sure looked good at CB!!!

Ageroo
08-13-2008, 08:26 AM
I don't know, Robbo sure looked good at CB!!!

I am not sure about that...he looked serviceable...but still had a midfielder mentality out there.......I would much rather have he back to his normal role...

Don Julio
08-13-2008, 08:49 AM
I hate to say it but I'm not really all that excited.. I think we might be a better team without Wynne. Too much risk for a team that can't score.

Red CB Toronto
08-13-2008, 09:12 AM
They might want to stay aronnd for the closing ceremonies and march in it with the US, who knows, just a thought.

trane
08-13-2008, 09:13 AM
^ I am with you. I would like to see Attakora take another shot at starting. Perhaps the way to go is to play them both at the wings and to move Brennan back to the CB spot. I would not mind that.

James Oliphant
08-13-2008, 09:20 AM
I am not sure about that...he looked serviceable...but still had a midfielder mentality out there.......I would much rather have he back to his normal role...

QFT. I love Robbo, and I give him all the credit in the world for playing an unfamiliar position fairly well, but let's not go overboard and suggest he's the next Tebily (who, in his limited time here, was by far the best defender we've had).

King Tut
08-13-2008, 09:21 AM
^ I am with you. I would like to see Attakora take another shot at starting. Perhaps the way to go is to play them both at the wings and to move Brennan back to the CB spot. I would not mind that.

I agree. Wynne and Attakora together could be lethal.

reggie
08-13-2008, 09:28 AM
that's great...now we can trade edu....dero anyone??

trane
08-13-2008, 09:42 AM
QFT. I love Robbo, and I give him all the credit in the world for playing an unfamiliar position fairly well, but let's not go overboard and suggest he's the next Tebily (who, in his limited time here, was by far the best defender we've had).

I still do not fucking get how the fuck we let him go. I understand the exeplenation, but fuck, he hardly played, and then he was gone. That was realy disapointing.

TFC USA
08-13-2008, 01:34 PM
So you want Edu at centre back when he single handedly cost TFC the Vancouver road game?

He should just stay at his usual position. Wynne being back is huge because we finally have some speed.

Rawkus_420
08-13-2008, 02:16 PM
good they lost fuck the usa and their shit soccer team

bangersandmash
08-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Sportsnet is reporting that they will be available for the RBR match [http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2008/08/13/tfc_wynne_edu/]

Kevvv
08-13-2008, 02:48 PM
It also means McBride gets back sooner.

TorCanSoc
08-13-2008, 03:28 PM
And the anti-U.S. sentiment continues. I like USSoccer and what they've done internationally. Ten more years at this break neck speed of development, and the U.S. will win something of note.

Flipityflu
08-13-2008, 03:31 PM
^it has nothing to do with being anti-us, it has everything to do with us getting our players back.

DigzTFC!
08-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Edu should move to CB period. He has more potential at the back and to move to europe this is what he will need to do. The transition should begin now for him and for TFC. He can pass out of CB position because there is more time to think and less pressure when holding the ball. I think he could become a rock in the back. And yes, he messed up against Vancouver. Velez has cost us how many goals?

TorCanSoc
08-13-2008, 03:37 PM
good they lost fuck the usa and their shit soccer team

You're right FlipityFlu, this is just one guy's opinion of the U.S. Honestly when Canada is not in the same competition, I cheer for the U.S.

Big Bruva
08-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Edu should move to CB period. He has more potential at the back and to move to europe this is what he will need to do. The transition should begin now for him and for TFC. He can pass out of CB position because there is more time to think and less pressure when holding the ball. I think he could become a rock in the back. And yes, he messed up against Vancouver. Velez has cost us how many goals?

Mo has less chance of moving to Europe as a centre back than he does as a centre mid imo

Flipityflu
08-13-2008, 04:03 PM
You're right FlipityFlu, this is just one guy's opinion of the U.S. Honestly when Canada is not in the same competition, I cheer for the U.S.

well, to be honest, its not like there hasn't been anti-US stuff been posted here before.

DigzTFC!
08-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Mo has less chance of moving to Europe as a centre back than he does as a centre mid imo

Really? Cause he's not going to make Europe as CM the way he is playing. Not a chance unless someone buys him on hype. He makes bad passes tries to dribble past players he can't and thinks he's a goal scorer. Look at how well Serioux has improved moving to CB from DM. The two players could be very similar (minus Serioux's toughness that would require at least one slide tackle a game)

Keegan
08-14-2008, 01:59 AM
Really? Cause he's not going to make Europe as CM the way he is playing. Not a chance unless someone buys him on hype. He makes bad passes tries to dribble past players he can't and thinks he's a goal scorer. Look at how well Serioux has improved moving to CB from DM. The two players could be very similar (minus Serioux's toughness that would require at least one slide tackle a game)

Mo is shit at CM, Mo is shit at CB

Period. I wish we would just sell this piece of shit already. He can't pass (worst passer on the team by far), can't dribble, can't tackle, is out of position, doesn't hustle and tries to be a hero by scoring.

Shakes McQueen
08-14-2008, 02:33 AM
Mo was an effective CB at the Olympics. It remains to be seen if Carver will try him in that role.

- Scott

TFC Via Buffalo
08-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Well, it's bitter sweet. We lost, but WE get Edu and Wynne back.

Let's hope Edu gets his head and his ass wired together. I was really missing Wynne's psycho sprints down the sideline lately.

Fort York Redcoat
08-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Codolences Buffalo. But I wish this garbage tourney goes amateur next time round. We have enough issues with the sched as is.