PDA

View Full Version : Can we just invade Skydome already?

Nestease
08-13-2008, 12:17 AM
send a couple thousand fans to an Argo game and lets end this already. Maybe we'll be on TSN for once.

nascarguy
08-13-2008, 12:29 AM
It's time to invade there field

reggie
08-13-2008, 12:32 AM
only if i get free tickets, i will never again spend a dime on those fuckers.
and yes pinball go fuck yourself....i don't care how nice a guy you are....
THIS IS OUR HOUSE....

nascarguy
08-13-2008, 01:11 AM
isay forget about going to a game it is time to go to the head office of the cfl or let go on a tour of the shitdome and find our way to there office

Nestease
08-13-2008, 02:38 AM
Imagine every Argos possession being booed in their own stadium, TFC chants echoing over the live broadcast on TSN, and the familiar sea of red. Show them two can play at this game. You want to come in our house? Fuck you, we're coming to yours first.

No more black shirt campaigns 2 days before the event. Lets have one well organized event months in advanced, much like the Columbus invasion. How about the last game of the Argo season (Thursday, October 30), or even a game next year.

If we can get a couple thousand to Columbus, surely we can atleast do the same in our own backyard.

Once the press gets a hold of news that thousands of TFC fans are invading an Argos game, they'll eat it up.

Cashcleaner
08-13-2008, 02:40 AM
^ Yeah, I don't see any possible problem with that idea. :rolleyes:

Nestease
08-13-2008, 02:59 AM
^ Yeah, I don't see any possible problem with that idea. :rolleyes:

OK, maybe after reading it over it doesn't sound like a great idea lol

TSN is now talking about the Argos moving into BMO on their website (right side video player). Prepare for blue seats and gridlines.

Cashcleaner
08-13-2008, 03:42 AM
^ On their website or on TV? Can you give my the jist?

Nestease
08-13-2008, 04:23 AM
^ On their website or on TV? Can you give my the jist?

- Argos asking fans whether they want to move to BMO.
- Argos believe move to BMO field will create 3000 new season ticket holders.
- BMO would expand to 30,000 seats.
- CFL Field won't fit under current dimensions
- Argos receive no revenue in the food and beverage department at the Rogers Centre. MLSE controls it at BMO, while sharing profits with the city.

Cashcleaner
08-13-2008, 06:34 AM
30,000 still is nowhere near the amount of seats the Argos will need, though. They get upwards of 28,000 to 30,000 for regular season matches and upwards of 37,000 for playoff games. Gah! I can't make heads nor tails of their angle.

GabrielHurl
08-13-2008, 07:21 AM
Cash - you were on TSN last night

denime
08-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Going to sky dome for CFL game no way.That would do more harms than good to us.Can you imagine how so called sports writers would jump on this,and make us look like hooligans and so on.

Dave67
08-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Going to sky dome for CFL game no way.That would do more harms than good to us.Can you imagine how so called sports writers would jump on this,and make us look like hooligans and so on.

QFT - Focus on the positives of keeping BMO soccer specific. Focus on the facts, the soccer community has been given one great chance and has delivered the goods. Stadium used by the community, delivering a small profit. We need to keep this fight positive.

BuSaPuNk
08-13-2008, 08:22 AM
I'd be so up for this. Invading the Dome sounds like the best idea. Cause it's not like the Argos can sell any tickets anyways.....lmao....I can just see it now.

"Tonight on Sportscentre......The Argos are in a battle but can they come back?, in front of 15,000 TFC supporters???" lmao

James Oliphant
08-13-2008, 09:29 AM
^
Oh good, another person who knows nothing about the CFL and assumes (incorrectly) that there's some sort of attendance problem with the Argos.

The Argos, who average more than 30,000 in attendance per game, giving them the highest per-game average attendance of any pro sports franchise in this city.

Listen, I fucking hate the Argos (being a Hamiltonian, it's in my blood). I never want to see them at BMO Field. But can we stop with the uneducated bullshit bashing?

I mean...jesus. People like you make us all look like fucking idiots.

Parkdale
08-13-2008, 09:31 AM
like I've said (and other people have said too many times)....

The Argos Fans are NOT our problem. We can win this fight if they are on our side
The majority of them don't want to move out of the dome, so we'd just be annoying our allies.

Parkdale
08-13-2008, 09:32 AM
oh, and there's a already enough threads on the subject.

[/end thread]