PDA

View Full Version : DeRo on the radio

Jack
08-11-2008, 05:16 PM
On http://www.soccerisakickinthegrass.com/

You should be able to listen live HERE (http://www.warpradio.com/tuner.asp?id=6643&page=single)

This is a long-running soccer radio show from the Rochester area.

If you missed the show, it will supposedly be available to listen to as a podcast through the site, or through the radio station's site.

http://www.wysl1040.com/

Don't yell at me if it doesn't work :D Just passing along the word.

SilverSamurai
08-11-2008, 05:45 PM
He on?
What he say?

dantdot
08-11-2008, 06:00 PM
He's going to be on right now. 7pm.

loconet
08-11-2008, 06:10 PM
I can't believe the guy thought he was Italian .. c'mon dude, research your guests

Jack
08-11-2008, 06:12 PM
He's hilarious, that guy.

SilverSamurai
08-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Not working for me as I'm on a Mac. thought I had all the codecs but guess now.
Summary anyone after please?

loconet
08-11-2008, 06:15 PM
It won't feel like you're away this time DeRo!

edit:

Crap, the turf issue again at BMO - he mentions it.

GRASS PLEASE!!

Jack
08-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Talking about grass vs. turf.

Stated a preference for Saputo again. Fuck, we need grass.

v00d00daddy
08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
There it is. The turf again. The CSA, MLSE, TFC all have to get their shit together and get it through their heads.

The CMNT and TFC success are more important than winter field rentals that generate a fraction of the income that would be raised with 2 successful soccer programs.

Jack
08-11-2008, 06:20 PM
No mention of coming home.

loconet
08-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Stated a preference for Saputo again. Fuck, we need grass.

I think he mentioned Saputo because of how the question was phrased [ie. about a future MLS team in Ottawa and Montreal].

Having said that, yes.....WE WANT GRASS!

v00d00daddy
08-11-2008, 06:23 PM
he did say that he'd love to end his career in canada but made a point to say that saputo has done a great job in montreal and would play in vancouver or edmonton. the only thing he said about toronto was what we always hear:

The atmosphere is great in TOronto but they have turf and we're all used to playing on grass.

Montreal is quickly becoming the home of soccer in this country. When our best players don't want to play in Toronto something has to change. It's a shame.

Jack
08-11-2008, 06:34 PM
I think he mentioned Saputo because of how the question was phrased [ie. about a future MLS team in Ottawa and Montreal].

Having said that, yes.....WE WANT GRASS!

Yeah, but the message was loud and clear.

he did say that he'd love to end his career in canada but made a point to say that saputo has done a great job in montreal and would play in vancouver or edmonton. the only thing he said about toronto was what we always hear:

The atmosphere is great in TOronto but they have turf and we're all used to playing on grass.

Montreal is quickly becoming the home of soccer in this country. When our best players don't want to play in Toronto something has to change. It's a shame.

It's brutal.

Kickit09
08-11-2008, 06:42 PM
sounds like he wants to end his career in montreal :hide:

Inswingingwingman
08-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Montreal has better strip clubs....it's not the turf....

1/2 the world plays footy on pavement or cement ffs.

Girly boys

James Oliphant
08-11-2008, 07:33 PM
There it is. The turf again. The CSA, MLSE, TFC all have to get their shit together and get it through their heads.

...except it has nothing to do with any of those people.

Sure, it affects all three, but it's not their decision to make.

deltox
08-11-2008, 07:39 PM
but if the CSA, and MSLE even with MLS backing went to the city then i think there would be some arguement to change to grass.

the CSA could help fund it. MLSE could help fund it

Keegan
08-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Is anyone surprised? Look at Montreal. Beautiful city, AMAZING WORLD CLASS grass (Stalteri compared it to a premier league pitch), new stadium, Canada champs. I can see Stalteri playing in Montreal.

BECAUSE of CHEAPNESS on the part of the city of Toronto and MLSE! This is NOT the CSA's fault, why should field turf in Toronto be their problem? They only have a 1 million dollar budget. The CSA is going to laugh if they are asked to buy Field Turf and walk up the street to Montreal.

Carts
08-11-2008, 08:42 PM

MLSE spends more money on a night out at dinner than it would cost to bring grass to BMO...

If they want it, they can make it happen with one signature - that being a big fat cheque to the city that buys the stadium for a cost that allows the city to build another year round facility for community rental (hell, they could build 20 - its not they'd need seating, video boards, offices and concessions!)

When you think of MLSE, think of row rich Canadian oil companies and banks are - they're in the same neighborhood - smaller house, but same neighborhood...

:deadhorse:Anyway this is beating a dead horse, just hearing Dero mention it is tough... :(

Carts...

kitchener-TFC
08-11-2008, 08:55 PM
My brother said that he heard Danny Dichio on z103.5 at around 8.30-9pm today. Did anyone catch it?

giambac
08-11-2008, 09:03 PM
My brother said that he heard Danny Dichio on z103.5 at around 8.30-9pm today. Did anyone catch it?

yeah,he said he has a headache....

Wolfe
08-11-2008, 09:26 PM

It does have to do with these people though, if the CSA were serious about having a National Soccer Stadium, they should sit down with MLSE and City of Toronto and say that they want to play more games at BMO but can't because of the turf. Then they need to say that BMO will get X% (85% or something) of all National games played in Canada, IF they have real grass. The amount of money that MLSE would make from having 5 or so National games per year at BMO as compared to 1 every 2 years, would likely be more than enough incentive to rip up that fake shit yesterday.

CretanBull
08-11-2008, 10:10 PM
yeah,he said he has a headache....

Probably from reading your posts....

Steve
08-12-2008, 07:34 AM
The argos need to get together with TFC and the city to get another stadium put up. If the argos want to move to BMO, and would have to foot the bill for all expansion (which would be substantial), why not just have TFC offer to buy BMO out, then have the city and the argos go together to make another stadium that will be open for community access (since the argos wouldn't mind playing on turf). There we go, win/win/win. The Argos get their own stadium (in their own colours), TFC gets to lay down grass, the city still gets a public facility. Hell, might even be able to convince the city to give MLSE a deal if we can play up the grass factor (more high profile games means better tourism for the city).

Shaughno
08-12-2008, 07:36 AM
The argos need to get together with TFC and the city to get another stadium put up. If the argos want to move to BMO, and would have to foot the bill for all expansion (which would be substantial), why not just have TFC offer to buy BMO out, then have the city and the argos go together to make another stadium that will be open for community access (since the argos wouldn't mind playing on turf). There we go, win/win/win. The Argos get their own stadium (in their own colours), TFC gets to lay down grass, the city still gets a public facility. Hell, might even be able to convince the city to give MLSE a deal if we can play up the grass factor (more high profile games means better tourism for the city).

This is the route I think we should be taking personally. No need to make enemies, show the parties involved that there are better options that suit everyone.

Jack
08-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Yeah...but that would require politicians with vision, MLSE would have to want to pony up the cash when they already have a sweet deal as primary tenants on a stadium and it would require the Argos to have money, which they don't.

giambac
08-12-2008, 08:33 AM
sounds like he wants to end his career in montreal :hide:

Who really gives a crap what DeRo wants.

Is he not under contract with Houston?
Does he not have several years left on the contract?
By the time his houston contrcat expires DeRo will be and old grumpy dude.
We won't need old players on this team then. We have enough. Let him retire in Montreal.

Shaughno
08-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Who really gives a crap what DeRo wants.

Is he not under contract with Houston?
Does he not have several years left on the contract?
By the time his houston contrcat expires DeRo will be and old grumpy dude.
We won't need old players on this team then. We have enough. Let him retire in Montreal.

or we could make a move for him, trade or however, and bring him to Toronto while he's still consistantly one of the best players in the league.

giambac
08-12-2008, 09:48 AM
or we could make a move for him, trade or however, and bring him to Toronto while he's still consistantly one of the best players in the league.

Yeah but if a player doesn't want to be here than I don't want him. He is a good player and can definetly help the team but if his heart isn't into playing in TO we shouldn't go after him.

Fort York Redcoat
08-12-2008, 09:59 AM
It's not like he's spurning us for Houston. I'm sure he just wants to be appreciated and compete at the highest level possible and retire here as a DP.

Rudi
08-12-2008, 10:37 AM
MLSE spends more money on a night out at dinner than it would cost to bring grass to BMO...

If they want it, they can make it happen with one signature - that being a big fat cheque to the city that buys the stadium for a cost that allows the city to build another year round facility for community rental (hell, they could build 20 - its not they'd need seating, video boards, offices and concessions!)
For the umpteenth time, the City is not going to sell BMO Field (or any other buildings/land on Exhibition grounds).

They cannot. The land at the Ex is not for sale, and never will be for sale. There is some bylaw in place to ensure that.

Big Bruva
08-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Who said he doesn't wanna be here?

Yeah but if a player doesn't want to be here than I don't want him. He is a good player and can definetly help the team but if his heart isn't into playing in TO we shouldn't go after him.

LucaGol
08-12-2008, 11:50 AM

Uh oh...an insinuation has been made.

Or maybe its just the fanta-calcio in Big Bruva talking.

giambac
08-12-2008, 12:36 PM

H ementione dhe would enjoy playing in Montreal or Vancouver. No mention of TO.

To me that indirectly implies TO wouldn't be his first choice. So lets not waste our ntime with him. I want players who want to be here.

Shaughno
08-12-2008, 12:36 PM
H ementione dhe would enjoy playing in Montreal or Vancouver. No mention of TO.

To me that indirectly implies TO wouldn't be his first choice. So lets not waste our ntime with him. I want players who want to be here.

I do believe he was also talking about the National team at the time.

Cashcleaner
08-18-2008, 12:25 AM
For the umpteenth time, the City is not going to sell BMO Field (or any other buildings/land on Exhibition grounds).

They cannot. The land at the Ex is not for sale, and never will be for sale. There is some bylaw in place to ensure that.

Yeah, there is a bylaw in place, but bylaws get amended or repealed all the time. In fact, it's much easier to go around that with municipal and provincial governments as it is with the feds, why would explain the fiasco in Vancouver to some extent.

Any city council with enough pressure from the electorate will change any bylaw they have to in order to keep their voters happy. I know that it's not as easy as applying for some rezoning, but it's not an impossibility, either.

And and I'm pretty sure DeRo would completely jump at the chance of playing here in Toronto with TFC, but I can understand how he might not feel the same as a CMNT player.

ilikemusic
08-18-2008, 10:52 AM
I cant help but sing (in my head)

'ooooh De Rosario
De Rosario
On the radio
De Rosario'

every time I look at this thread title. :p

KdotOdot
08-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Is anyone surprised? Look at Montreal. Beautiful city, AMAZING WORLD CLASS grass (Stalteri compared it to a premier league pitch), new stadium, Canada champs. I can see Stalteri playing in Montreal.

:taz:stfu

If Montreal was a penis you'd be choking on the testicles at this point.