PDA

View Full Version : We Won! Now, does Guevara start, or does Carver keep the same team?

Bombonera
08-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Going back in time to that fateful game aginst KC.. Guevara, Edu, Brennan (I think I have the names right...) all sit sos that Carvers rhetoric can be substantiated. THe result was a desaster, and our team went on a not insignificant dry spell. One that might have ended this weekend, but it is still a "show me" story...

So, this weekend at New York, are we going to see Guevara, Velez, etc. play? IF wynne and Edu were back, do we think Carver plays them? I know, we are decimated, but we won. And we know what Carver thinks and does for those winning sides.."THey keep their jersey!":taz:

ACSertL
08-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Guevara is suspended for the RBNY game is he not?

jwfm1985
08-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Going back in time to that fateful game aginst KC.. Guevara, Edu, Brennan (I think I have the names right...) all sit sos that Carvers rhetoric can be substantiated. THe result was a desaster, and our team went on a not insignificant dry spell. One that might have ended this weekend, but it is still a "show me" story...

So, this weekend at New York, are we going to see Guevara, Velez, etc. play? IF wynne and Edu were back, do we think Carver plays them? I know, we are decimated, but we won. And we know what Carver thinks and does for those winning sides.."THey keep their jersey!":taz:

It is not winning sides keep there jersey, if they play well they keep there jersey. Smith for example did not play well enough to keep his jersey... I would assume Attakora did

Ossington Mental Youth
08-11-2008, 09:24 AM
yes he is.
I truly hope that Carver has rescinded on this strategy as it hasnt done anything for the team. Play the top 11 sub who you think is good.

giambac
08-11-2008, 09:46 AM

I think Carver reralizes how stupid his policy was. Guevera won't be playing becasue he is suspended. However if the palyers were available they would all be playing. Every game is crucial from now on. Carver knows he can't fuck up again. The best available players have to start game in and game out.

nascarguy
08-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Guevara is suspended for the RBNY game is he not?
yeah

Shaughno
08-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Umm... keep it to one thread?

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=4461

Parkdale
08-11-2008, 10:04 AM
I think this one is more specifically about Carver's decision making.

it can stand on it's own (for now)

kitchener-TFC
08-11-2008, 10:26 AM
I'd play Velez because of his experience.

trane
08-11-2008, 11:21 AM
I think that Geuvarra will play, because offensively we were not exaclty efficient. But some on the backline deserve a look, as well as Gala and Ibrahim, deserve some playing time on the wings specificaly. I would not mind the backline to be Attakora, James, Marshall ( if healthy), Brennan. Velez may need some time of the bench. The last game that he played at home was not terrible, but he has made some glaring mistakes lately.

Bombonera
08-11-2008, 11:43 AM
I think this one is more specifically about Carver's decision making.

it can stand on it's own (for now)

Thanks PARKDALE. This thread is most definitely about Carver's decision making. A little healthy speculation will either fuel the fire or gratify his supporters during these next few games.

joel
08-11-2008, 11:44 AM
We won, but it was a set play and we just held it together defensively. I don't even consider this a question about a talented attacking midfielder, especially considering our attack was not good in the win at all.

profit89
08-11-2008, 12:02 PM
always play the top 11 who are available

Rawkus_420
08-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Umm... keep it to one thread?

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=4461

ummmm some ppl dont have time to read every thread..like myself for one, i woudl reply to this thread about the topis seeing as it sthe first one I came across...sooo ummmmmm either merge them or Ill reply to whichever one I see fit, and if I dont see the topis Im looking for Im nto going to search hgih and low for it, i will start a new thread.....ummmm ok

Shaughno
08-11-2008, 01:13 PM
ummmm some ppl dont have time to read every thread..like myself for one, i woudl reply to this thread about the topis seeing as it sthe first one I came across...sooo ummmmmm either merge them or Ill reply to whichever one I see fit, and if I dont see the topis Im looking for Im nto going to search hgih and low for it, i will start a new thread.....ummmm ok

Precisely why I'm not a mod anymore, nobody cares to look or search or go past the top 10.:rolleyes:

Rawkus_420
08-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Precisely why I'm not a mod anymore, nobody cares to look or search or go past the top 10.:rolleyes:

I could understand your frustration, for ppl who have the time , they should search for the topic at hand. I only have abit of time each day, so i try and bring myself up to speed , I usually find the best way to do this is the threads at the top of the list, I will apologize in advance if I post on a thread that I should have posted on previous thread instead because its about the same topic. Cheers. I could never be a mod either I would just delete everything.

jloome
08-11-2008, 02:36 PM
There should be a simple rule that if it's in a different forum it doesn't get merged, period. There are many, many people on here who only gravitate to one or two forums and would simply never see the threads; plus, I hate chatting by "search." I'd rather browse through the topics on the two main pages.

Anyway, if Guevara's fit heshould always start. I think he creates some potential communication problems because he refuses to speak English, but he's the most creative player we have, and he usually pulls off whatever he's trying.

Plus, Carver never said a win was a guarantee of playing; he said playing well was a guarantee. But how well is "well?" It's pretty open to interpretation, which I'm sure he likes.

Guevara's suspended anyway for our next game. Don't know if Edu and Wynne will be back by then. Given how well he did (and given how well he defends compared our other attacking players) I'd favour playing Ricketts in the middle with Robinson; he can play both ways and give us some attacking flair. If Robert is back, play him on the right wing and Gala on the left, Robinson and Ricketts in the middle, Barrett and Ibee up top.

IF we play a 4-3-3 in New York we'll get pulled apart;they've been offensivley productive at home and have only lost one home game, I believe.

AS the current roster stands:

------------------------Sutton-----------------------
Attakora - James - Marshall - Brennan

Robert - Robinson - Ricketts - Gala

----------Barrett ---- Ibrahim-----------

trane
08-11-2008, 04:28 PM
^ I have been hoping to see Ricketts in the midle for sometime, I think that he would realy create problems in attack.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Gotta say it looks good to me Jloome

Rawkus_420
08-11-2008, 05:10 PM
i thnk rohan int he middle would be good too, hes good enough to play any offensive position int his league, i think he might be enticed to shoot more playing in the middle, which will be good, cause I mean although he prefers to set ppl up , we've all seen him strike the ball.

jloome
08-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Beyond that, he's shown numerous times while tracking back to cover for the fullbacks that he's a very good marker and tackler, too, which is a side of him game that has never really been tapped before.