Substitutes

17 - Preston Burpo (GK)
4 - Greg Dalby
12 - Mike Petke
15 - Jacob Peterson
16 - Herculez Gomez
20 - Tom McManus
22 - Nick LaBrocca
And we won on the road without Robert, Guevara, Edu, Wynne, Cunny , Velez.
This tell us that the team can play without it's stars it's only needed some players who gives 100% effort and play with heart on the field.

Good job boys make us proud next vs NYRB Shit.

joel
08-10-2008, 07:00 PM
colorado is shit, and on any given day, we could have lost, and then you'd be telling a different story now. hehe I think everyone on here is bipolar. There is no objective middle. Just amazing, and shite.

But yes, the red bulls are shite too, so lets keep that winning form. :)

Shakes McQueen
08-10-2008, 07:05 PM
While I am glad we won, that was far from a dominating performance yesterday. Our boys were hanging on for dear life for most of the second half, and were outshot massively. Had it been a better team than Colorado, we might have gotten a draw, or loss.

They fought hard, and Barrett had an awesome free kick, but our actual scoring chances were still only few and far between (and as usual, were not finished). I was also thoroughly unimpressed with the play of Jarrod Smith, Rosenlund, and Harmse.

Attakora-Gyan and Gabe Gala should be given a closer look, but aside from that, I think our usual starters are still better. We just need an above-average finishing striker, and things will get better.

- Scott

Jack
08-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Not just that. We were up a man for a long while and still getting pressured.

Still, maybe the monkey's off the back a little bit.

trane
08-10-2008, 07:39 PM
^ That is what worries me as well. We did what we have to do, but it sometimes looked like we were a man down.

Nerepis
08-10-2008, 07:42 PM
^ That is what worries me as well. We did what we have to do, but it sometimes looked like we were a man down.

100 degree weather at altitude will sometimes do that.:rolleyes:

trane
08-10-2008, 07:43 PM
^ Perhaps, they did look tiered toward the end.

Nerepis
08-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I love that they had the balls to hold the fort and win!

trane
08-10-2008, 07:56 PM
^ That is the bottom line.

RPB73
08-10-2008, 08:25 PM
While I am glad we won, that was far from a dominating performance yesterday. Our boys were hanging on for dear life for most of the second half, and were outshot massively. Had it been a better team than Colorado, we might have gotten a draw, or loss.

They fought hard, and Barrett had an awesome free kick, but our actual scoring chances were still only few and far between (and as usual, were not finished). I was also thoroughly unimpressed with the play of Jarrod Smith, Rosenlund, and Harmse.

Attakora-Gyan and Gabe Gala should be given a closer look, but aside from that, I think our usual starters are still better. We just need an above-average finishing striker, and things will get better.

- Scott

That is what you have to do when you play on the road. You soak up pressure, defend and finish when you have an opportunity. That is exactly what the boys did. For the first time they played a road game the way you have to, to get a result. Perhaps it was because the so called stars were not in the lineup, and the kids actually follow the game plan set out for them.

Shakes McQueen
08-10-2008, 08:40 PM
That is what you have to do when you play on the road. You soak up pressure, defend and finish when you have an opportunity. That is exactly what the boys did. For the first time they played a road game the way you have to, to get a result. Perhaps it was because the so called stars were not in the lineup, and the kids actually follow the game plan set out for them.

They didn't finish when they had the chance, though. They were fortunate enough to get a free kick, which Barrett expertly converted for them. Every play they created, was not finished. The best example was the cross Ibbe put in for Smith, that he headed way wide of the net around the 85th minute.

The defending also wasn't as great as people seem to think. Colorado were raining shots down upon Sutton in the second half, and had many "should have scored" opportunities, that either were badly finished, or we were fortunate enough to have someone standing by. The one Robbo cleared out of the box, that was sitting about a foot off the line with Sutts completely out of the play, comes to mind. And Clark's big break in the first half.

The boys fought hard for the win on the road, but I fear that if the team we were playing wasn't as bad at finishing as we are, the result may have been different. What was the shot differential? Something like 23-4 for Colorado?

I'm happy we got the victory, but I still eagerly await the return of our normal starting lineup, including Danny Dichio, and a (hopefully reinvigorated from the Olympics) Maurice Edu.

- Scott

Roogsy
08-10-2008, 08:46 PM
stardom

Roogsy
08-10-2008, 08:47 PM
And we wouldn't be talking about heart if the team lost, which they would have against average competition. Colorado is just pretty much garbage this year. But we didn't play all that well...let's not fool ourselves.

ilikemusic
08-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Stardome sounds like a Mario Kart track. :lol:

rocktml
08-10-2008, 09:27 PM
TFC - Starting Lineup

1 - Greg Sutton (GK) Starter
3 - Julius James
5 - Kevin Harmse
7 - Abdus Ibrahim
10 - Rohan Ricketts Starter
11 - Jim Brennan Starter
14 - Tyrone Marshall Starter
19 - Chad Barrett New
23 - Jarrod Smith
29 - Nana Attakora-Gyan
33 - Carl Robinson Starter
Substitutes

18 - Brian Edwards (GK)
9 - Danny Dichio
15 - Tyler Rosenlund
17 - Joey Melo
27 - Gabe Gala
Colorado - Starting Lineup - You can tell that it's there complete squad

1 - Bouna Coundoul (GK)
5 - Facundo Erpen
6 - Jose Burciaga Jr.
8 - Mehdi Ballouchy
9 - Conor Casey
10 - Christian Gomez
11 - Terry Cooke
14 - Omar Cummings
18 - Ugo Ihemelu
23 - Colin Clark
25 - Pablo Mastroeni
Substitutes

17 - Preston Burpo (GK)
4 - Greg Dalby
12 - Mike Petke
15 - Jacob Peterson
16 - Herculez Gomez
20 - Tom McManus
22 - Nick LaBrocca
And we won on the road without Robert, Guevara, Edu, Wynne, Cunny , Velez.
This tell us that the team can play without it's stars it's only needed some players who gives 100% effort and play with heart on the field.

Good job boys make us proud next vs NYRB Shit.

wow so pretty and colourful......:hump:

Dirk Diggler
08-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Stardome sounds like a Mario Kart track. :lol:

http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2007-w50/img.91457_t.jpg

jloome
08-10-2008, 11:20 PM
^^I vote that to increase our japanese fanbase we rename BMO the fukudome.

Kevvv
08-10-2008, 11:46 PM
I thought it was Fuck you, Domi

http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/coupler/0603/domi.jpg

Brooker
08-11-2008, 01:07 AM
I thought it was Fuck you, Domi

http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/coupler/0603/domi.jpg

lol thats how i read it.... im like "wtf did Domi ever do to you?"

Benficachop20
08-11-2008, 01:37 AM
wat the hell happened to Robert btw? no idea he was gonna miss this match.

Ratven
08-11-2008, 01:48 AM
I just hope to god that our starters START when they come back, and we don't have the whole "well these benchwarmers won, so lets play them until they lose" after one win.

Cashcleaner
08-11-2008, 02:36 AM
^ I was a bit of a fan of that strategy when were looking strong, but I think know it's not as constructive as before. In principle, I do like the idea of players showing some initiative and getting rewarded for it, but sometimes the veterans just have a few off games and it's a bit counter-productive to focus just on the last match when figuring out who to play for the next.

sulfur
08-11-2008, 04:31 AM
wat the hell happened to Robert btw? no idea he was gonna miss this match.
According to the commentary immediately pre-game that I missed due to the rain storm... tweak his hamstring of something as such.

kitchener-TFC
08-11-2008, 10:54 AM
I just hope to god that our starters START when they come back, and we don't have the whole "well these benchwarmers won, so lets play them until they lose" after one win.
I agree! Remember the game against New England, where Sutton and a few others were sitting?