PDA

View Full Version : Consistant Officiating

GhostPK
08-09-2008, 06:27 PM
The only consistant thing about the officiating in the MLS is how inconsistant it is form week to week. Brutal....

RealG-TFC
08-09-2008, 06:29 PM
It wasn't that bad. It wasn't going to be a free flowing game no matter who was reffing it. although he screw up the odd time.

Keystone FC
08-10-2008, 03:16 AM
MLS officiating is like a box of Cha-CO-lets......you never know what...ah forget it.

CretanBull
08-10-2008, 06:12 AM
It wasn't that bad. It wasn't going to be a free flowing game no matter who was reffing it. although he screw up the odd time.

Not that bad? It was terrible...the ref completely lost control of the game....

burlingtonguy3
08-10-2008, 06:22 AM
the refereeing in this league is beyond words. Apparently, to the US Soccer Assocation and the CSA (who assign refs to matches) have never thought to pull their brains together and bring someone in from overseas to give a few pointers to the shitbags they have working the matches right now. Or even better hire someone from overseas to be the head of officiating... only then will changes occur.

CretanBull
08-10-2008, 06:32 AM
The league definitely needs to invest in some European refs...I don't care from which country - anyone who's grown up watching the game and has officiated something more than a highschool game before claiming to be a 'professional'.

I think half the reason why the league wants to court soccer-moms and not real supporters is so that they can skimp out on things like well paid refs.

Broadview
08-10-2008, 07:33 AM
There outta be some kind of sports official exchange program where euro footie refs can come here to improve our guys and we can send our hockey guys over there and return the favour.

Flipityflu
08-10-2008, 07:34 AM
what we need is a strong figure in the ref world to take over control. whats Collina up to nowadays?

ExiledRed
08-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Once again, the referee was the centre of attention, hurrah for the ref!

Kickit09
08-10-2008, 12:02 PM
i dont know how anyone can say the officiating wasnt that bad. it was horrible. it didnt cost us the game this time, but it was still just horrible.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-10-2008, 12:06 PM
i dont know how anyone can say the officiating wasnt that bad. it was horrible. it didnt cost us the game this time, but it was still just horrible.

Yep very true

ExiledRed
08-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Cooke should have gotten a straight red for the way he Hacked Ibrahim's legs, if only because we know for certain that Dichio or Harmse would have gotten one.

zeelaw
08-10-2008, 12:28 PM
last game it sounded like craig forrest wanted to strangle the ref.

sulfur
08-10-2008, 01:05 PM
and the rapids keeper didnt even get a yellow card for the passback

Not caution-worthy. :P

Hammering the ball away? Likely should've been cautioned.

GhostPK
08-10-2008, 01:26 PM
I didnt like how it took an hour for the ref to deliver a card. The play is well over and the free kick is already being launched before the ref decides he forgot to give a card. Honestly, if you're going to give a card, you're going to do it right away.

ACSertL
08-10-2008, 01:40 PM
^ i thought if the keeper intentionaly uses his hands on a passback its a yellow?

It is...Sulfur is merely speaking tongue in cheek...I assume, I don't know him that well :)

CretanBull
08-10-2008, 02:09 PM
The Rapids rb had Gala by the jersey to the point where it made him off balanced (yellow), then the guy used both hands to shoved him to the ground (red) and then picked up the ball with his hands and threw it away (yellow) and NOTHING was called. In a 15 second sequence the ref missed 3 cardeable offenses.

giambac
08-10-2008, 02:12 PM

No it didn't cost us the game.

actually I beleive if it wasn't for the ref we perhaps wouldn't have gotten the win. Colorado played with 10 men for 20 minutes and still pressured us. I have a feeling with 11 men they would have scored a goal the way they were pressuring TFC.

I admit the refs were bad but last week everyone was complaining about Guevera's red when he deliberately punched/elbowed a player. Why isn't anyone questioning the player ejection for Colorado?

Over the season the bad calls balance out.

Rudi
08-10-2008, 02:12 PM
^ i thought if the keeper intentionaly uses his hands on a passback its a yellow?
No, it's an indirect free kick.

TheresOnlyOneDeGuzman
08-10-2008, 02:49 PM
The referees in the MLS are just embarrassing. They aren't good enough for confereence football but the MLS is stubborn with their ridiculous made up rules and systems.

RicoSuave44
08-10-2008, 03:03 PM
the ref from last night reminded me of this stupid old fart that used to do our U12 house league games. he would botch every call and had no idea what was going on.
remember last night when JC was screaming from the sidelines for a sub, the fouth official was yelling too, and it took the ref minutes to take notice. pathetic!

another thing thats really bothered me about the MLS. why don't any of the US teams seem to have electronic number boards for subs and ET. those flip cards are soooo high school!

Carts
08-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Didn't Forrest say something along the lines of "...the only this official is consistent at is being consistently awful..."

I was laughing my ass off when he said it - but he was bang on...

Even though there wasn't a "game changing" brutal call (like a penalty etc) but that was the worst officiated game I have seen in a long time...

Carts...

Rocco
08-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Not caution-worthy. :P

Hammering the ball away? Likely should've been cautioned.

not at all! it's not like they're competing for the world cup or anything :hump:

what's wrong with all you people? You should try being a ref in the MLS and see if you can do much better! (waits for the rants about how people want to be refs)..... alright I agree. The average joe can do much better than that ref. He was just bad.

jloome
08-10-2008, 11:30 PM
No, it's an indirect free kick.

That's the actual punishment for the offence, yes, but the referee always has discretion to card for a flagrant foul. So it depends on whether he thinks it was deliberate and had a major impact on the play a well.

Shakes McQueen
08-10-2008, 11:36 PM
No it didn't cost us the game.

actually I beleive if it wasn't for the ref we perhaps wouldn't have gotten the win. Colorado played with 10 men for 20 minutes and still pressured us. I have a feeling with 11 men they would have scored a goal the way they were pressuring TFC.

I admit the refs were bad but last week everyone was complaining about Guevera's red when he deliberately punched/elbowed a player. Why isn't anyone questioning the player ejection for Colorado?

Over the season the bad calls balance out.

I didn't see many people saying Guevara didn't deserve a card. What most people were saying, was that both Guevara and Ricchetti deserved to be carded, and a free kick should have been awarded. Plus, the issue originated outside the box, so it shouldn't have been a penalty either way.

Clark got carded, because he sent Attakora-Gyan flying into the boards at about 50mph, intentional or not. Truth be told, Ihemelu should have been double-yellowed for throwing Gala into the groud, and then throwing the ball away about 10 minutes later.

- Scott

King Tut
08-11-2008, 04:30 AM
The refereeing yesterday was alot better than the refereing we saw from DiPiero and Toledo.

nimamalek
08-11-2008, 09:37 AM
i thought the ref did a good job in this game, consistent calls all the way through

Pyeddo
08-11-2008, 01:23 PM
i thought the ref did a good job in this game, consistent calls all the way through

Time for thicker lenses!

Captain Croatia
08-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Consistent referees dont exist in the MLS.