PDA

View Full Version : It's not Cunny's fault, we just didn't give him the chance

MartinUtd
08-09-2008, 05:35 PM
He had spent the last season and a half with TFC but had fallen out of favor with Reds head coach John Carver prior to his departure and was even demoted from the starters' locker room to one designated for the reserves. Still, Cunningham is at a loss to explain exactly why things didn't work out better for him north of the border. "Well, I'm still figuring that out at the moment because every club I've gone to, it's been pretty good," he said. "Last season, I picked up an injury and this year, I don't think I really got a good opportunity."

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20080808&content_id=178863&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

Correct me if im wrong but didnt he log minutes for about 50% of season play as well as see action in every game (even if it was just 2 minutes in some)

Apparently he's confused getting oportunites and converting them.

Corpand
08-09-2008, 05:41 PM
With that attitude im GLAD he's gone. Cocky mother fucker :(

reggie
08-09-2008, 05:43 PM
fuck enough cunny....

zeelaw
08-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Fuckin dick, he is gonna get CHIRPED at bmo

RealG-TFC
08-09-2008, 05:47 PM
LOL Cunny leaves = we win!

RealG-TFC
08-09-2008, 05:48 PM
BTW, that sitter in the Montreal was the opportunity of a lifetime. He clearly had the chance and fucked it up.

Cashcleaner
08-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Go fuck yourself Cunningham. You're shit. Come to fucking terms with it. You had more than enough chances. We needed someone to score us some goals and all you did was create frustration.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Hooligan69
08-09-2008, 05:55 PM
I hope this self-absorbed piece of trash never scores another goal again in his lifetime. Overrated, over-hyped lazy piece of crap. The only thing Cunningham has going for him right now is an inflated sense of self-importance.

Jack
08-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Go fuck yourself Cunningham. You're shit. Come to fucking terms with it. You had more than enough chances. We needed someone to score us some goals and all you did was create frustration.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

This pretty much says it all.

rocker
08-09-2008, 06:06 PM

hahaha.. right on.. hopefully the curse that enveloped this team leaves with Cunny.

nice also to see Dichio come on a game after Cunny leaves.. a breath of fresh air.

sully
08-09-2008, 06:12 PM
I don't think I really got a good opportunity."

really???

Rocco
08-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Cunny is fucked... that's all i have to say. No respect to players who are not passionate. I rather see a reserve playing instead of a guy who doesn't bring it to every game. Cunny, ur a professional athlete. You didn't act like it in Toronto. Good luck in ur next venture. Fuck off, no tears shed here.

edit:
to add: i hope you score your 100's goal somewhere. the whole tunnel thing and running out with a white jeresy that says 00 is retarded.

Flipityflu
08-09-2008, 06:31 PM
yes, he should have been given more opportunity to not score from a yard off the line.

Lucky Strike
08-09-2008, 06:37 PM
In all fairness to him, what he means is that he didn't get enough good chances to do the Cunningham statue. That's gotta be it...

jabbronies
08-09-2008, 07:00 PM
16 Games played (7 starts) - 747 minutes and he didn't get the chance? Sorry, but as a striker with that much time logged and to only score 3 goals and 0 assists....come on man.

oh, and he's lazy as fuck....

rocker
08-09-2008, 07:12 PM
16 Games played (7 starts) - 747 minutes and he didn't get the chance? Sorry, but as a striker with that much time logged and to only score 3 goals and 0 assists....come on man.

oh, and he's lazy as fuck....

and those stats are just for mls.

what about the 4 games of the canadian championship, where he got to play about 245 minutes against USL teams and didn't score either.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Amazing, thats his style.
Fuck that dude

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-10-2008, 03:03 PM
He had plenty of chances, he just didn't take advantage of them. Which, ironically, is also what made him such a shit striker here.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Cunny to be fair to him didn;t get the chance this year, but he must look at himself
for that happening not just Carver...Cunny as much as i defended him this year looked slow and out of sorts for the most part this season, yes the midfielders could
not pass the ball to him, and thats their fault in this whole saga, Cunny will do well in Dallas, and will top the 100 career goals,he might get that when TFC arrives in Dallas!!!

Draracle
08-10-2008, 03:26 PM
How many shots did he blow wide of the target? How many times did he give up a pursuit? How many times did he fail against a single defender? He had tons of chances, he sucked.

rocker
08-10-2008, 03:32 PM
and I think he was the first TFC player to receive boos during the player introductions.

ensco
08-10-2008, 03:34 PM
OK I didn't love Cunningham but....I think he's got a small point. I think he'll do better in a 4-4-2 (which is what we played against Dallas, and he did look better there, as most here pointed out)

He was rarely paired with another striker this year, most of his minutes came in a 4-5-1, which he is not suited to.

I think he'll score goals paired with Cooper, I really do. But he was done here, I'm glad he's gone.

rocker
08-10-2008, 03:41 PM
altho he still had enough failed chances regardless of formation.

if he wasn't getting chances at all, then i could understand that argument. I was a believer last year that the strikers needed better service and they'd score.. so this year he had the service and the chances but still couldn't do much.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-10-2008, 03:49 PM
How many shots did he blow wide of the target? How many times did he give up a pursuit? How many times did he fail against a single defender? He had tons of chances, he sucked.

how many of those shots did the midfielders play to his wrong foot?
how many fell short and he had to turn round to go get them...too many.
Dichio has had tones on chances...yet hardly scores..he must suck too,by your logic.

Benficachop20
08-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Oh come on. So missing 50 breakaways is the midfielders fault because they didn't pass it to his right foot? oh ya, im sure thats the reason. I guess missing those easy headers were also the midfielders fault.

ricciboy
08-10-2008, 03:58 PM

hahaha

Lucky Strike
08-10-2008, 04:00 PM
^When you think about it, if an underperforming player is sent packing, imagine how that motivates the rest of the team.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Oh come on. So missing 50 breakaways is the midfielders fault because they didn't pass it to his right foot? oh ya, im sure thats the reason. I guess missing those easy headers were also the midfielders fault.

those header were way above his head, he had to jump just to make
contact, it would have been hard for anyplayer to put those in.
50 breakaways..??what cha smoking? you don't get 50 breakaways in 5 seasons of football.

Lucky Strike
08-10-2008, 04:03 PM
how many of those shots did the midfielders play to his wrong foot?
how many fell short and he had to turn round to go get them...too many.

That's too bad. A good player finds a way to make things happen. Those aren't good excuses.

Benficachop20
08-10-2008, 04:11 PM
those header were way above his head, he had to jump just to make
contact, it would have been hard for anyplayer to put those in.
50 breakaways..??what cha smoking? you don't get 50 breakaways in 5 seasons of football.

well if ur happy that ur striker isn't scoring goals that a 10 year old can score, then i feel sorry that your setting your standards very low.

professor
08-10-2008, 09:22 PM
It's not Cunningham's fault that he can't read the flow of a game
It's not Cunningham's fault that he can't find space to support a teammate
It's not Cunningham's fault he can't stay onside
It's not Cunningham's fault that he can't win a 50-50 ball
It's not Cunningham's fault that he plays soft & scared
It's not Cunningham's fault that he can't run on to a through ball to his left or right
It's not Cunningham's fault he can't dribble
It's not Cunningham's fault that he couldn't be bothered closing down an opponent
It's not Cunningham's fault that he never developed any transitional awareness
It's not Cunningham's fault he couldn't finish from outside the box
It's not Cunningham's fault he couldn't finish inside the box
It's not Cunningham's fault his old lady probably relied on in-vetro
It's not Cunningham's fault that none of his ex team-mates have anything to say about him

profit89
08-10-2008, 09:25 PM
we gave him more than enuf chances.. he just stinks and cant keep up with the improving league

Damien
08-10-2008, 10:03 PM
He's obviously not gonna say "well i didnt score cuz i suck" ...

...but fact is he does suck. end of story.

Inswingingwingman
08-10-2008, 10:19 PM
he should have been traded to the Argos...The ball over the goal in through the uprights, fuck he could do that almost every time.................unless he was 30 yards wide

jaahuuu
08-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Didn't not move at all before, during and after a TFC penalty shot in the season opener in Columbus? He had chances, he just didn't take advantage of them.

Mark in Ottawa
08-11-2008, 01:12 PM
He's gone!
Let's move on...

Shaughno
08-11-2008, 01:14 PM
You guys are all idiots. Cunny is the best player to grace this earth and we are now headed for a future of garbage players and boring winless games. ;)

trane
08-11-2008, 01:52 PM
RBP_Brantfor_08 , I admire you for sticking up for the guy, some on the board never gave him a chances, and that was unfair. But this year, he truly lost his touch.

For exampl how about the the one were the ball was right at his feet six inches from the line, and he did not convert? Was it just to close? Was service to blame for that one?

RPB_Brantford_08
08-11-2008, 01:56 PM
RBP_Brantfor_08 , I admire you for sticking up for the guy, some on the board never gave him a chances, and that was unfair. But this year, he truly lost his touch.

For exampl how about the the one were the ball was right at his feet six inches from the line, and he did not convert? Was it just to close? Was service to blame for that one?

yes that was a majoe blunder alright, but there were a couple of other TFC players near by that also didn't put it in..hope thing work out for him in Dallas...But were of for better days ahead with a win in NY SaturdaY!!