PDA

View Full Version : You want Toronto FC and the Canadian NT to be an MLS and World Cup knockout contender

SiguenzaFC
08-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Make the Saputo stadium larger and create the elite youth academy of Quebec and the eastern provinces. Triple the size of the Vancouver Whitecaps organization (youth academy, facilities, coaches and trainers) and make it the place to play soccer from Manitoba, around Nunavut and Yukon all the way back to British Columbia. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY…make Toronto the place to be for soccer in Canada, Michigan all the way to New York (yes, even New York before they get the second MLS team) Buy some real TOP notch grass, purchase the land around the stadium (no matter how much it costs) and Double the size of BMO Field as a stadium and pitch, make a youth academy building, with its own pitch, and put up bubbles around the stadium with fake grass for the winter (at least 3 or 4) Sign a shit TV deal (Bad for MLSE economically, so it’s a convincingly priced product to sell) but it gets us coverage for ALL of Canada (Even from Minnesota to New York) and Holds tournaments for ALL ages all year around (Like Foxborough, Dick’s Sporting Goods and can even challenge youth teams from La Masia, La Bombonera, and The Theater of Dreams!!!)

It’s a dream, but that’s the answer if you want to see Toronto FC be the best team in the MLS bar-NONE. Because THAT IS the answer if you want to see Canada win a few times against the Netherlands, England and Portugal, and occasionally ties games with Argentina, Brazil, Spain and Italy. Because THAT IS if you dream of your children AND the children of your children to play for your colours and have a chance to be LEGENDS!!!

Is it possible to find a way and invest into this?

TFC!!! :taz:

Rocco
08-09-2008, 06:29 PM
....or u can just move to Colorado ;)

RealG-TFC
08-09-2008, 06:29 PM
did you have to make is soo long. I ca n't read it now

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 06:39 PM
did you have to make is soo long. I ca n't read it now

Basically he was saying that the way to make the Canadian MNT better, and to make TFC the envy of MLS, was to spend about a billion dollars creating a giant downtown football facility that would make the Nou Camp look like a dilapidated hockey rink. :D

- Scott

Sonny Cheeba
08-09-2008, 06:41 PM
I doubt the City will sell land at Exhibition Place. No matter how much they are offered. It's too important financially and politically for them to keep control of that land. where would the put the Midway for the CNE? it goes right in the place of the parking lots beside BMO. They'd be risking too much selling it to private owners.

MFG1
08-09-2008, 06:45 PM
the ex is disgusting, how many Scarface mirrors with clocks in the and Tupac shirts could one want to try and win throwing darts? Funnelcakes can be bought at Canada's wonderland.

Carnies, they've got small hands, and smell like cabbage

Sonny Cheeba
08-09-2008, 06:56 PM
it's disgusting but people still go, it still is an attraction.

i usually go for that urban music festival. but i avoid the midway and games for the most part. food buliding sucks

SiguenzaFC
08-10-2008, 07:35 AM
I doubt the City will sell land at Exhibition Place. No matter how much they are offered. It's too important financially and politically for them to keep control of that land. where would the put the Midway for the CNE? it goes right in the place of the parking lots beside BMO. They'd be risking too much selling it to private owners.

As it stands, I feel like BMO is JUST a part of 'the many things you can do in Toronto.'

But it should be the centre of soccer in Canada (I think we all agree) Therefore give BMO field to the Argos and with the profits of the sale (MLSE shares) and of ticket sales and merchandise (MLSE might not want to, but its essential) we can make a state-of-the-art facility (even if its in Vaughan) where there is a building for the CSA offices, Toronto FC hierarchy, and THE Canadian youth academy.

Its not how impossible you try and make it look, its how bad you want it..