PDA

View Full Version : Respect the Canadians Mo and Carver!

Keegan
08-09-2008, 05:17 PM
They were forced to use Canadians as a very last resort. Fuck they probably tried to get a quick League 2/Conference player to fill in but our boys played great.

Gabe GALA! Amazing player, yet NEVER played this year after some good appearances last season? Tore up Argentina in may and now he gets his shot and takes it.

Attakora-Gyan good game for the youngster, and he is damn young only an 89 as a defender (youngest defender in the league I think)!

Kevin Harmse takes a lot of flack, but I've never had a problem with him. Solid with his passing and aggressive play.

Rosenlund nice game from the 21 year old.

Mo Edu step aside, look at the some players who play with PRIDE. Best TFC game EVER no doubt

bhoybobby
08-09-2008, 05:17 PM
2 outta 3 for sure

RPB_Brantford_08
08-09-2008, 05:18 PM
well done to our "RESERVES"!!!

The Kingpin
08-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Rolls Eyes massively.....

ilikemusic
08-09-2008, 05:19 PM
I knew this was coming. Im actually surprised it took so long.

:lol:

Keegan
08-09-2008, 05:20 PM
This league is all about quickness and passing. Not individual skill.

That is why Gala looked so good out there and we could actually control the ball today. Players like Edu and Robert slow the play up too much and lose the ball

Stryker
08-09-2008, 05:20 PM
What game were you watching?
Rosenlund was invisable all game and Harmse was as usual making beautiful passes.... to the other team.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-09-2008, 05:21 PM
This league is all about quickness and passing. Not individual skill.

That is why Gala looked so good out there and we could actually control the ball today. Players like Edu and Robert slow the play up too much and lose the ball

maybe they won't now some pressure will be on them!

Cashcleaner
08-09-2008, 05:22 PM
There's no other way to say it: The Canadian players just tend to show more passion out there than others. Not saying guys like Dichio or Guevara don't care, but playing for Toronto FC means more to our domestic players than it would others. I would never had thought so before, but the Canadian Championship opened up my eyes.

Yohan
08-09-2008, 05:23 PM
I was wonder where Rosenlund was

Keegan
08-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Is it just me or is Attakora-Gyan damn better than Velez?

I guess we will see next match as Marshall is injured and Velez will be back

bhoybobby
There's no other way to say it: The Canadian players just tend to show more passion out there than others. Not saying guys like Dichio or Guevara don't care, but playing for Toronto FC means more to our domestic players than it would others. I would never had thought so before, but the Canadian Championship opened up my eyes.

Thank fuck Smith's a Kiwi, that boy's a 3 legged, one eyed donkey, GHTF

UltraSuperMegaMo
I’d like to see Gala more. He’d be a perfect 60/70 min. sub. for Robert / whomever’s playing wide left. Lets hope Carver uses him a little more.

MG42

Did you watch this game?

thisisinternetclash
08-09-2008, 05:26 PM
You sound like a xenophobic Englishman castigating Arsene Wenger. I don't mean to take anything away from the performances, because they were good, but let's not do this. Brilliant match, let's just enjoy the result, please.

Stryker
08-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Thank fuck Smith's a Kiwi, that boy's a 3 legged, one eyed donkey, GHTF

Agreed. A was rooting for more playing time for him earlier in the season but lately he's just sucked.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-09-2008, 05:28 PM
I think Smith plays with a passion and intensity equal to anyone on the team - he’s just not that skilful. I watched him warming up with the subs. in the Montreal game at home, he looked very into the game.

ag futbol
08-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Meh, this might be a little extreme but I can agree with elements of it.

Nana, deserves some more consideration for pt. Same with Gala, but on a lesser scale.

And as much as Harmse isn't impressive, we all know Edu has been incredibly shit all year and is very close to the bench role.

rocker
08-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I really liked Nana today. would like to see more from him. Gala -- he was OK in what limited time he had. Rosenlund I thought was pretty invisible (a comment others have said above). Harmse was OK... no surprises from him, but not bad.

Stencils
08-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Gala and Gyan looked like first team material to me from that game.

I hope Carver sticks with his 'you earn it you keep it' philosophy. Those boys did us proud.

GO TFC! GO CANADA!

Razcle
08-09-2008, 05:44 PM
The Canadians held the fort down. However we still looked like a second rate team with only 2 shots on goal and lots of mistakes by Colorado. I am happy for the result as I hope it builds momentum...but we have a long way to go to get to the MLS Cup.

Jack
08-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Let's not get over-excited.

We got our road win against a team we should beat. They are worse than us.

We also got good performances out of our backups today and they played with passion. But I hesitate to think that over the long haul of a season, I would rather see Harmse than Edu in our starting lineup, or Attakora over Wynne. Sorry.

We toughed out a road victory, and I'm over the moon right now, but my feet are still on the ground. We also had a good bit of luck and some shit offensive play from the Crapids on our side this time, plus the bonehead red card. There were still some shaky moments defensively and a lot of good offensive buildup that ended up going to shit because we have very little creativity. We only scored off of a set piece.

That said, you've gotta win these, and we did. Hats off to the lads today!

ag futbol
08-09-2008, 05:51 PM
I really liked Nana today. would like to see more from him. Gala -- he was OK in what limited time he had. Rosenlund I thought was pretty invisible (a comment others have said above). Harmse was OK... no surprises from him, but not bad.
I agree, and while i like what i saw from Gala he was running at a 3 man backline against a poor defensive team that was down a man. I think we should use him again as a sub and see how he does.

He had a similar performance to this against NY last year. His real problem is that he needs to bulk up a bit, otherwise he's technically sound.

Stencils
08-09-2008, 06:05 PM

That's true. Plus they were down to 10 men.

But you have to admit, Gala got some pretty good runs with the ball and a decent shot on target. He was good with his feet, running the defence backwards without letting them get a foot on the ball. I think he did exceptionally well for his first real bite at the apple.

For me, Gala's showing of potential was the icing on the cake. With his showing, and Gyan's, I see no reason why our regulars shouldn't have to step up and prove that they deserve those spots.

Maybe getting a look at them side by side on the practice field shows it better. That's probably a better comparison then watching a losing match with your first team against a tough opponent and comparing that to watching a winning match with your second team against a weaker side.

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Mo was respecting the Canadians......

Why else would he play Lombardo so often last year?

Jack
08-09-2008, 06:08 PM
That's true. Plus they were down to 10 men.

But you have to admit, Gala got some pretty good runs with the ball and a decent shot on target. He was good with his feet, running the defence backwards without letting them get a foot on the ball. I think he did exceptionally well for his first real bite at the apple.

For me, Gala's showing of potential was the icing on the cake. With his showing, and Gyan's, I see no reason why our regulars shouldn't have to step up and prove that they deserve those spots.

Maybe getting a look at them side by side on the practice field shows it better. That's probably a better comparison then watching a losing match with your first team against a tough opponent and comparing that to watching a winning match with your second team against a weaker side.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with what the guys gave us today. I'm just not going to start calling for Gala to be a starter yet. But I do think he should get some more minutes.

It's just that often a guy will make a good impression in a cameo appearance. It's now left to see if he can sustain that.

Stencils
08-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with what the guys gave us today. I'm just not going to start calling for Gala to be a starter yet. But I do think he should get some more minutes.

It's just that often a guy will make a good impression in a cameo appearance. It's now left to see if he can sustain that.

Considering the injuries we seem to be picking up, let's hope they can.

Carts
08-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Gala is not a starter yet - but he stepped up today when called upon and did his job, well done lad!

Lets hope the injuries in todays game are not serious (Rickets, Marshall, Sutton)...

Carts...

Roogsy
08-09-2008, 06:24 PM
The Canadians held the fort down. However we still looked like a second rate team with only 2 shots on goal and lots of mistakes by Colorado. I am happy for the result as I hope it builds momentum...but we have a long way to go to get to the MLS Cup.

QFT

I didn't watch the first half so I missed the goal, but that second half we just squeaked by. Any other game or team and we'd be down 2-1.

Keegan
08-09-2008, 06:41 PM

We also got good performances out of our backups today and they played with passion. But I hesitate to think that over the long haul of a season, I would rather see Harmse than Edu in our starting lineup, or Attakora over Wynne. Sorry.

Sure not Attakora-Gyan over Wynne. But Attakora-Gyan over Velez? I think so

RPB73
08-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Sure not Attakora-Gyan over Wynne. But Attakora-Gyan over Velez? I think so

Why not? Now that Wynne is at the olympics play Attakora at right back, let's see what he can do. I really didn't notice him have to run his ass off to cover up for his lack of positioning, which is constant with Wynne. I know you are going to say it's only the Rapids. So next week NY and the week after NE, let's revisit this after these 2 games.

Jimmy The Saint
08-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Seems to me, Wynne is usually out of position because he is making plays up the wing and attacking. Seems both Mo and JC wave him up that way a lot too, so it's not just on his own.

Good game; LUCKY game. We should have been spanked harshly by the Crapids with that line up and the mostly shite play. Maybe the time limit on the black cat JC ran over has expired....

Ossington Mental Youth
08-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Gotta say they made me proud today.
Honestly it was a miracle.
Id like to see more of Gala on the wing instead of Smith (who is good but id like to see more of Gala).

trane
08-09-2008, 07:18 PM

We toughed out a road victory, and I'm over the moon right now, but my feet are still on the ground. We also had a good bit of luck and some shit offensive play from the Crapids on our side this time, plus the bonehead red card. There were still some shaky moments defensively and a lot of good offensive buildup that ended up going to shit because we have very little creativity. We only scored off of a set piece.

That said, you've gotta win these, and we did. Hats off to the lads today!

Agreed. On another note, I almost forgot that Colorado was a man down for much of the second half. They still put alot of pressure on us. However, we did what we had to do. Second road win. 3 much needed points. Excelent.

london_tfc_fan
08-10-2008, 10:07 AM
They were forced to use Canadians as a very last resort. Fuck they probably tried to get a quick League 2/Conference player to fill in but our boys played great.

Attakora-Gyan good game for the youngster, and he is damn young only an 89 as a defender (youngest defender in the league I think)!

i gotta agree here I seriously believe he played better positionally then Wynee and is very good at getting in the offense without overextending himself defensively

trane
08-10-2008, 10:21 AM
^ I agree this assessment as well he looked solid to me. I prefer solid and steady at back, rather then a flashy player who gets caught. I like Wynnes but he needs to improve, I would no mind seeing Attakora-Gyan play more and be given a chance at starting.

ag futbol
08-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Well ideally i think you'd drop one of our CB for Nana, but he's still young and would get pushed around too much in the centre. Once he gets bigger he'll be taking someones spot for sure.

trane
08-10-2008, 10:32 AM
^ He should develop into a solid defender, but as you say right now he is not big enough to play CB. I liked his passing it seemed solid.

bhoybobby
08-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Seems to me, Wynne is usually out of position because he is making plays up the wing and attacking. Seems both Mo and JC wave him up that way a lot too, so it's not just on his own.

Good game; LUCKY game. We should have been spanked harshly by the Crapids with that line up and the mostly shite play. Maybe the time limit on the black cat JC ran over has expired....

Marvell is a very fast, very strong athlete. As far as being a football player, he's very poor. No positional sense, not comfy on the ball, 1st touch like an elephant, not a very good passer, pushes a lot in the box.

Can he improve? I dunno, I think a quality left side combo will expose him every time.

trane
08-10-2008, 10:49 AM
^ Agree on you assessment of Wynne. Although I think he is improving.

ag futbol
08-10-2008, 11:04 AM
^ He should develop into a solid defender, but as you say right now he is not big enough to play CB. I liked his passing it seemed solid.
Passing is very solid, and that is realistically something this team needs badly on the back line. Question is, how do you fit it in?

pubboy
08-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Fuck the nationality. Carver needs to select the best and most consistent players. Whether they are Canadian or shouldnt matter. (yes ok - i know the MLS has stupid fucking rules about this).

invictusTFC
08-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Why not? Now that Wynne is at the olympics play Attakora at right back, let's see what he can do. I really didn't notice him have to run his ass off to cover up for his lack of positioning, which is constant with Wynne. I know you are going to say it's only the Rapids. So next week NY and the week after NE, let's revisit this after these 2 games.

His play was solid, and I think based on what I saw he can be a capable back-up for Wynne. However, he was burned on a couple of occassions in the latter stages of the game (both by Cummins I believe. He is not the answer for us anytime soon. But I do believe he deserves more playing time. I would bring him in to push wynne up the field if we're in need of a goal. Wynnes speed can create alot of opportunities for this team.

poppamidnight
08-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Well to everyone who doubted me a big Eff you...

I called this a while back,

Our bench is friggen solid, we just never give em the chance....

Who the hell was is that tried to tell me I was wrong... that "Attakora is way worse than Dunivant"???

...and i rest my other point to: Rosenlund STILL looks better on the pitch than Harmse does

LucaGol
08-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Well to everyone who doubted me a big Eff you...

I called this a while back,

Our bench is friggen solid, we just never give em the chance....

Who the hell was is that tried to tell me I was wrong... that "Attakora is way worse than Dunivant"???

...and i rest my other point to: Rosenlund STILL looks better on the pitch than Harmse does

Rosenlund's potential is definitely apparent (even if he currently fades in and out of games)....he just needs game action.

Gabe Gala I think is more the prospect then Attakora....I just hope these guys stay with us long enough for them to fill out physically.

From what I've seen from Gala...with more muscle on his leg...he could be a devastating player in this league with his pace and footwork.

It's good news for the CMNT at the end of the day...which was supposed to be one of the byproducts of TFC anyways.

jabbronies
08-10-2008, 12:03 PM
I wonder how these guys would've faired if the game were at BMO field though. It's one thing to play in a half empty stadium that doesn't have a clue what's going on. It's another thing to play in front of a packed stadium with everyone's critical eye on you, and they let you hear when you make a mistake.

it's alot of pressure for a young player to deal with.

ExiledRed
08-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Cant figure why the real Keegan is thinking of playing Edgar for Newcastle.

There's a ton of english talent that could take that role, why not give a local lad the spot? I'm sure he will play harder and care more.

sweetlemon69
08-10-2008, 01:43 PM
In time our Canadian players will earn the right to start. They shouldn't be allowed to start just because their Canadian.

I think Mo and Carver are making the correct decisions. Lets stop these kinds of threads. If they're good enough, Carver will start them. Look at Jimmy.

DigzTFC!
08-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Nana was great today as right back. He was not out of his league and will be a the perfect backup for Wynne and as he grows maybe are replacement for Velez at CB. Nana will be a CB one day maybe a starting CB within two years.

As for Gala, here's the thing. The rapids were a man short and he was playing wing. Did anyone notice the amount of room Smith and Gala had streaking down the wings? He has good pace and good footwork. But before I start calling for him as a regular 60th minute sub, I'd like to see him in a 11 on 11 situation. Remember last year when we played the rapids and Melo was subbed in late and looked good when we were a man up? Later he looked out of place against a full strength side. The long and short of it: Gala needs to impress under non-ideal conditions considering his lack of physical presence.

I also thought James looked a lot better....

giambac
08-10-2008, 02:15 PM

Believe me there are alot of good players playing in Vaughan who could fit in quite nicely on this team. They did beat our reserves 4-0. I've seen them play and I've seen all of TFC's game. I'm 100% certain some of the players could play nad be more efffective.

At the end of the day it's all politics......

poppamidnight
08-10-2008, 02:27 PM
In time our Canadian players will earn the right to start. They shouldn't be allowed to start just because their Canadian.

I think Mo and Carver are making the correct decisions. Lets stop these kinds of threads. If they're good enough, Carver will start them. Look at Jimmy.

Nah thats ridiculous... and you've already been proven wrong:

1 - Hemming not starting till the end of the last year (when he's clearly better than braz)
2 - Ibbe not playing (only sitting) when we initially got him (even though he's clearly better than smith/Cunny)
3 - Andy Welsh/Colin Samuel Starting last year (hell Canizalez could run circles around those 2 clowns!!!!)
4 - Todd Dunivant being our #1 sub for carver (well now, take your pick... Attakora, Gala, Hemming, James are all better than him)

The fact is both years we've had a stubborn rotation from both Mo and JC,
they seem to think the name gets you result (not the case)....

...also add to the fact that often, players dont excel/live up to potential until they are put into the big-game situations....
....so it's just a viscious circle of "we need replacements" + overlooking the quality we have sitting on the bench....

TFC07
08-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Believe me there are alot of good players playing in Vaughan who could fit in quite nicely on this team. They did beat our reserves 4-0. I've seen them play and I've seen all of TFC's game. I'm 100% certain some of the players could play nad be more efffective.

At the end of the day it's all politics......

It's just not Vaughan alone. You can find good players from other parts of Toronto/GTA (Brampton, Mississauga, Scarborough) as well.

What exactly do you mean in terms of politics? You think TFC have something against players in our city or something?

The Kingpin
08-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Cant figure why the real Keegan is thinking of playing Edgar for Newcastle.

There's a ton of english talent that could take that role, why not give a local lad the spot? I'm sure he will play harder and care more.

No point debating with 'keegan' as he is so biased towards Canadian talent it's blatantly farcical. It's always easy to come on for the last 15min and look good when all the other players have been running in 30C heat for 75min. People never seem to realise this...

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Gala featured in a handful of games last season, didn't do anything remarkable as far as I can recall, and he's only sixteen or seventeen. Nothing against him, but he's hardly first team material right now. Same with guys like Rosenlund and Attakora-Gyan, good players, but not ready for first team football yet. Hemming, though, has impressed me, unfortunately he's injured or I'm sure he would have featured against Colorado (BARRETT!!!! :D).

As someone with a relatively high IQ could have figured out quite a long time ago, the reason there aren't that many Canadians with TFC is because there aren't that many good Canadian players yet, and the good ones won't come to MLS because they can play at a higher level elsewhere, like the need to if they want to continue to be picked for the national side. There will come a time when TFC is loaded with Canadian internationals like Rob Friend, Atiba Hutchinson, Paul Stalteri, Iain Hume, etc. but not yet.

And comments like "I've seen good players in Vaughan" really shouldn't be taken seriously, I've seen good players in Brampton as well but that doesn't mean they're good enough to play in MLS. Someone who can run wild over leagues like the CSL or your local soccer club won't necessarily be good enough to play in MLS. That would be like saying that someone playing for your local pub side is good, so hey, why don't Man United sign him? :rolleyes:

ag futbol
08-10-2008, 03:26 PM
And comments like "I've seen good players in Vaughan" really shouldn't be taken seriously, I've seen good players in Brampton as well but that doesn't mean they're good enough to play in MLS. Someone who can run wild over leagues like the CSL or your local soccer club won't necessarily be good enough to play in MLS. That would be like saying that someone playing for your local pub side is good, so hey, why don't Man United sign him? :rolleyes:
Well when that "local team" beats your reserves (plus a few regular roster players) 4-0 it says something does it not? The gap isn't quite what me might like it to be.

A lot of people are of the opinion that our reserve players aren't as good as some of the guys playing in the CSL. Politics, well i'm not sure i'd call them that, but there are a few guys out in the CSL right now who blew their chance at the D-roster by showing up late, etc...

I assume there are a few wary players out there who dont' want to come play for TFC for less than they could make at Mcdonalds. And there's really nothing the club or the player can do about that until MLS changes the CBA.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Our reserves play in the reserve league, they beat our academy, there's a big difference.

ag futbol
08-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Our reserves play in the reserve league, they beat our academy, there's a big difference.
No this wasn't academy playing, this was our reserves.

Check the CSL schedule if you must. There's a reason Carver had a short bench last week. It was because those guys on the reserve squad got beat 4-0.

Now maybe, it was the acedemy with the mix of our reserves, but that's not the way i understood it. It was more like our reserves, with a few non-starters on the regular roster.

joel
08-10-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm sure they respect them, doesn't mean they should start. I'm not sure how they have been disrespected in the past.

london_tfc_fan
08-10-2008, 04:09 PM
^ I agree this assessment as well he looked solid to me. I prefer solid and steady at back, rather then a flashy player who gets caught. I like Wynnes but he needs to improve, I would no mind seeing Attakora-Gyan play more and be given a chance at starting.

I actually do think Attakora can be flashy in fact in the beginning of that game yesterday i thot we were about to be killed and then they started using him to come up the flank as there wing play was poor with only 3 mids yet somehow he never seemed to be outta position once colorado had possession

MartinUtd
08-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Nah thats ridiculous... and you've already been proven wrong:

1 - Hemming not starting till the end of the last year (when he's clearly better than braz)
2 - Ibbe not playing (only sitting) when we initially got him (even though he's clearly better than smith/Cunny)
3 - Andy Welsh/Colin Samuel Starting last year (hell Canizalez could run circles around those 2 clowns!!!!)
4 - Todd Dunivant being our #1 sub for carver (well now, take your pick... Attakora, Gala, Hemming, James are all better than him)

The fact is both years we've had a stubborn rotation from both Mo and JC,
they seem to think the name gets you result (not the case)....

...also add to the fact that often, players dont excel/live up to potential until they are put into the big-game situations....
....so it's just a viscious circle of "we need replacements" + overlooking the quality we have sitting on the bench....

1 - Braz is also Canadian. I know he's technically from Quebec, but as far as FIFA is concerned that's still Canada
2 - Ibby sat like 3 games before we pulled him off the reserves, sure we know he's better than Cunny now.. but hindsight is 20/20
3 - What are you basing this assessment of Canizalez on? The fact that he scored the drought ender? He was an unremarkable player at best, at least Samuel could lead an attack from time to time. One came from the SPL, the other the German 4th division. And Welsh? Yeah, I don't rate Welsh either
4 - Dunivant is established in this league. Any coach would put in a proven commodity when a game is on the line rather than throw the dice on a dev player.

It's not about respect or a lack thereof. The reason why the younger Canadians are getting less time is because they still have a ways to go until they can be depended on game in and game out. With time that will change, but there is no sense in arguing that because Gala had a good game last week means we should have started him in 2007.

Keegan
08-10-2008, 05:53 PM

They beat our reserves plus some first team players. Watch a CSL game sometime, you'd be surprised.

And lack of good Canadian talent? We got our asses handed to us in the canada cup

giambac
08-10-2008, 06:39 PM
It's just not Vaughan alone. You can find good players from other parts of Toronto/GTA (Brampton, Mississauga, Scarborough) as well.

What exactly do you mean in terms of politics? You think TFC have something against players in our city or something?

Agreed there are alot of good players throughout the city (Not just Vaughan) and around the country. I mentione dVaughan because I have seem them play more often.

What I mean about polotics is that it's alll about who you know. I've seen alot of very good players at our rep levels who haven't made it further because they didn't have the contacts that some less qualified players had. There is politics at the national level, there is politics at the higher level. I beleive it plays a part in the player selection. For the same rewason Mo/Carver have limited their search to a ceratin area in England. If management woould just expand their horizons they would be amazed at what is around here.

joel
08-10-2008, 07:03 PM
4 - Dunivant is established in this league. Any coach would put in a proven commodity when a game is on the line rather than throw the dice on a dev player.

true dat, in all the games I've seen dunivant play, he doesn't make many errors, he's the kind of guy you can depend on, for me anyway.

shaggingscot
08-10-2008, 07:03 PM

QFT...jesus in Keegan's eyes does a Canadian ever do anything wrong? Harmse is shite. If he was so fucking good why aren't there teams in Europe banging on the door to get him?

Was pleasently surprised with the contribution of the young kids but let's not get carried away, it was a game we had a chance of getting something from and if not for the strike from Barrett the best we would have gotten was a point.

One game does not a career make.

trane
08-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Gala featured in a handful of games last season, didn't do anything remarkable as far as I can recall, and he's only sixteen or seventeen. Nothing against him, but he's hardly first team material right now. Same with guys like Rosenlund and Attakora-Gyan, good players, but not ready for first team football yet. Hemming, though, has impressed me, unfortunately he's injured or I'm sure he would have featured against Colorado (BARRETT!!!! :D).

As someone with a relatively high IQ could have figured out quite a long time ago, the reason there aren't that many Canadians with TFC is because there aren't that many good Canadian players yet, and the good ones won't come to MLS because they can play at a higher level elsewhere, like the need to if they want to continue to be picked for the national side. There will come a time when TFC is loaded with Canadian internationals like Rob Friend, Atiba Hutchinson, Paul Stalteri, Iain Hume, etc. but not yet.

Seriously, what is your issue, who the fuck proclaimed you the Master of all things Football, do you really think that every one who has a differetn opinion then you is a stupid fuck, while you are some kind of Football mastermind? I like the way you can tell people what should be taken seriously and what is just stupid. Are you Lippi or Sven-Goran Ericson who has come to troll this board?

giambac
08-10-2008, 08:42 PM

The more you speak the more I realize you know fuck all about football.

First of all the team from Vaughan beat the TFc reserves, not the academy. Get your facts right before you make a claim.

Secondly, the level of paly in the CSL league or the USl isn't far off from the MLS. The difference is that the CSl is made up of younger quicker and dedicated players trying to make a name for themselves. The MLS on the other hand is made up of older overaged and beyond their prime type of players. A good chunk of them are close to ending their careers and are just palying for their last contract.

If anything the mLS resembles more of a pub league than the CSL.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Seriously, what is your issue, who the fuck proclaimed you the Master of all things Football, do you really think that every one who has a differetn opinion then you is a stupid fuck, while you are some kind of Football mastermind? I like the way you can tell people what should be taken seriously and what is just stupid. Are you Lippi or Sven-Goran Ericson who has come to troll this board?

I don't criticize everyone's opinions, just yours, because they don't happen to be all that smart. In my opinion. Last time I checked, we had something called free speech in this country, which entitles me to criticize anyone or anything I want. I expected you to come back and try to debate the point with me, but instead you get angry because I disagree with you. If you want everyone to agree with you then talk to the mirror, don't post on a forum.

Jack
08-12-2008, 12:54 PM
I don't criticize everyone's opinions, just yours, because they don't happen to be all that smart. In my opinion. Last time I checked, we had something called free speech in this country, which entitles me to criticize anyone or anything I want. I expected you to come back and try to debate the point with me, but instead you get angry because I disagree with you. If you want everyone to agree with you then talk to the mirror, don't post on a forum.

You do have free speech to criticize anyone or anything you want. But this is a privately owned forum. ;)

I know this is off-topic, but all this talk of "free speech" is silly around here.

Derko
08-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Holy fuck guys, The youngsters made a good showing, they came in and did the job they had to do, I think we can just praise the reserve player's abilities, everyone played hard. Now move on to the next game with the players available.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Mo not only seems not to respect canadian player i don;t think he respects canadian tfc fans... 3 days to go till the deadline closes and no addition to the team... Is that how he plans to stay behind his word of "playoffs no mater what this year".
GET your FINGERS OUT OF YOUR ASS and DO SOMETHING. And this fucker is getting 400k a year.... unbelivable!!!

Shaughno
08-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Mo not only seems not to respect canadian player i don;t think he respects canadian tfc fans... 3 days to go till the deadline closes and no addition to the team... Is that how he plans to stay behind his word of "playoffs no mater what this year".
GET your FINGERS OUT OF YOUR ASS and DO SOMETHING. And this fucker is getting 400k a year.... unbelivable!!!

Can you prove to me that he's doing nothing?

Velez
Robert
Guevara
Ricketts
Roselund
Smith
Ibrahim
Barrett

Maybe I missed some, but those are this years signings. On top of that we've been linked with some very high profile players throughout the season who haven't signed for this reason or that.

I'd LOVE to see you do a better job, honestly I would.

trane
08-12-2008, 02:04 PM

I was not talkinga bout my post. My issue, is not you disgreeing, that is fine. My issue is you telling, people, not me, that your opnion is stupid. As for you telling me that my opinion is stupid, I am hardly offended or care, alot of people pay alot of money for my opinion, I do not need validation. However, I have never said that your opinion is stupid or invalid. I may simply disagree with you. On many occasions I acctualy do not disagree with you, you simply think I do, because you read into my comments.