Pages : [1] 2 3

TFC USA
08-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Toronto FC @ Colorado

4:00 PM ET (Sportsnet, FSC)

TFC's last 5 games: 2 draws, 3 losses

Colorado's last 5 games: 1 win, 2 ties, 2 losses

Can the streak end here? Here is my line up for TFC:

..........................Sutton.................. ............

James............Harmse.............Marshall...... ....Attakora-Gyan

....................Robinson..............Brennan. ......................

.........Ricketts..................Robert......... .........Barrett.........

................................Ibrahim........... ..........................

Prediction: I had a dream Ricketts and Robert led us from 2-0 down to a 2-2 draw, but I see another 2-0 or 2-1 kind of loss, with a late goal given up.

EDIT: I'm also thinking of a 4-1-3-2, with Robinson or Harmse playing that one man position, and Ibby and Barrett up front.

Officially, 2-1 to Colorado (Gomez 44, 85) over TFC (Barrett, 72)

Flipityflu
08-09-2008, 12:13 AM
i don't think your line up is right. 4 4 2, james, attakora-gyan, marshall, brennan in the back, ricketts, hemming, robinson, robert in the middle, with barrett and ibrahim up front.

Stryker
08-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Thats the most ridiculous postioning of players immaginable.
Why don't you throw Rosenlund in goal for Suts while your at it?
:frown2:

Nuvinho
08-09-2008, 11:11 AM
------------------Sutton---------------------

Gyan------James-------Marshall------Brennan

Ricketts-----Harmse------Robinson----Robert

-----------Ibbe-------Barrett---------------

Bars92
08-09-2008, 11:15 AM
2-0 TFC (Barrett, Ricketts)

Stryker
08-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I think Dichio will start with Ibbe getting subbed in around the 30 min mark or maybe making it to half.

Kickit09
08-09-2008, 11:33 AM
we are tied for last place right now and if we dont win today there is a god chance we could hold that last place spot all to ourself. i'd say this is a must win, but thats been said so many times already over the 12 game winless streak so im not even going to bother. all im going to say is they BETTER win... thank god we are playing one of the worst teams in the west too, allthough will it even matter. :noidea:

zeelaw
08-09-2008, 11:35 AM
i feel we will lose.

rocker
08-09-2008, 11:41 AM
i feel we will lose.

brighten up!

kitchener-TFC
08-09-2008, 12:02 PM
I think that Ibbe and Barrett will start up front, with Dichio coming in for Ibbe around the 60th minute.
I won't have high expectations for the boys though :(.

S_D
08-09-2008, 12:25 PM
aye!...look at the injury report.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/news/

Robert - questionable - hamstring injury
Nana Attakora-Gyan - questionable - groin injury

common Mo get your boots on, or we will only have 3 subs for the game

Yohan
08-09-2008, 12:25 PM
I think Dichio will start with Ibbe getting subbed in around the 30 min mark or maybe making it to half.
Why the heck would you start Dichio when he is only going to last 30 mins? (and not match fit yet)

NateDoGG
08-09-2008, 12:28 PM
all i can says is, we better effin win today..................... if not i want carver fired, and i bet he will blame the refs too

Bobo
08-09-2008, 12:33 PM
I want Hemming!

ExiledRed
08-09-2008, 12:45 PM
i feel we will lose.

Things arent looking great are they?

With everything against them, from altitude to inexperience, a win would be something special, and there would be new heroes in the squad.

It's something to hope for, I've seen crazier shit happen.

Kickit09
08-09-2008, 12:49 PM

With everything against them, from altitude to inexperience, a win would be something special, and there would be new heroes in the squad.

you know times are bad when a win would be considered crazy shit. :frown5:

The Kingpin
08-09-2008, 12:52 PM
all i can says is, we better effin win today..................... if not i want carver fired, and i bet he will blame the refs too

Thank the lord you're not in charge then, I love people who want managers fired after 65% of one season. So since you seem to really understand management and it's nuances, do you have a replacement in mind that you feel can execute exponentially better. Carver is class and wants to win, I like his heart and desire. He supports the fans and feels their frustration. If he blames the officials I will always understand as the MLS officials are a supreme embarrassment.

tlear
08-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Hoping for a draw..

----------------Sutton----------------------
----------Harmse-------Robinson------------
Smith-----------Rickets---------------Robert
-----------------Barret----------------------

Sub Harmse for Dichio and change to 4-4-2 if/when we are down 1

torfchamilton
08-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Going to be a difficult game. Nice big GRASS field and a bit of altitude to contend with. I think at most we perhaps can get a draw, but more likely a loss. Is it true that BMO has the smallest playing surface in the league? If it is you can see why our defenders always look like they are flopping around out of position on our away games.

GBV
08-09-2008, 01:06 PM
betting line:
colorado -138
draw +287
toronto +421

kitchener-TFC
08-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Robert - questionable - hamstring injury
Nana Attakora-Gyan - questionable - groin injury

common Mo get your boots on, or we will only have 3 subs for the game
Don't worry about Robert, as he'll probably end up playing.

Here's my set-up:

-----------------Sutton
---------Harmse------------Robinson
Ricketts------------------------------Robert
--------------Smith----Barrett

Smith will probably come off around the 60th/70th minute for Dichio.

bhoybobby
08-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Guaranteed TFC win.

P.S. Would all the geniuses calling for Carver to be fired, kindly STFU

Rhapido
08-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Thats the most ridiculous postioning of players immaginable.
Why don't you throw Rosenlund in goal for Suts while your at it?
:frown2:

Actually, he left out the part that in his dream, the TFC trainer had played in goal in place of Suts, but since he got tossed the last game, he couldn't realistically pencil him in.;)

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Okay, you want a real line up?

.................Edwards.........

.........Barrett.........Rosenlund.........Hemming ........Robinson

............Harmse....................Brennan..... .................Ricketts.................

.................James...................Marshall. ...............Hemming...........

Hmmmmmm........maybe not a bad idea, come up with the craziest lineup. :D:D:D

ilikemusic
08-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Time to settle in for another painful road performance by TFC. :(

rocker
08-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Nice big GRASS field and a bit of altitude to contend with. I think at most we perhaps can get a draw, but more likely a loss. Is it true that BMO has the smallest playing surface in the league? If it is you can see why our defenders always look like they are flopping around out of position on our away games.

i heard this somewhere too.. that BMO's pitch is not as wide.. but I dunno if that's true. it doesn't seem smaller to the eye or compared to any other fields I see in MLS on TV. Except colorado, which is purposely bigger.

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Guaranteed TFC win.

P.S. Would all the geniuses calling for Carver to be fired, kindly STFU

In a year where he started off by getting 6 wins (and a road win) in a much faster time than last season, only to witness a failure to best two USL teams at home, failing to hold onto a lead in two of them, failing to keep his cool at press conferences, failing to use his subs wisely, failing to keep Cunny off of the pitch, yeah I'd say he's good.

rocker
08-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Okay, you want a real line up?

.................Edwards.........

.........Barrett.........Rosenlund.........Hemming ........Robinson

............Harmse....................Brennan..... .................Ricketts.................

.................James...................Marshall. ...............Hemming...........

Hmmmmmm........maybe not a bad idea, come up with the craziest lineup. :D:D:D

Marshall was actually a forward in his younger days.. might work.. ;)

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 01:44 PM
What concerns me is TFC, home or road, keeps giving up goals in the last 10 minutes of the game, and the only way I see TFC winning is jumping out to a 2-0 lead...somehow.

Dub Narcotic
08-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Could we have a separate thread for the inevitable complaining about the announcers? Please?

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 01:53 PM
What's wrong with Dobson and Forrest?

It's these awful FSC announcers that will do the trick.

Dub Narcotic
08-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Ah, good. I assumed they were picking up the Rapids feed.

Yohan
08-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Any word on a stream? Kinda stuck w/ no TV

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 01:58 PM
There is no Rapids telecast, the TFC site says it's on Sportsnet national, but the game in New York is on The Score.

Kickit09
08-09-2008, 01:59 PM
out of all the people to blame for the 12 game winless streak i think carver isnt even close to the top of that list. he can only do so much, and he had good reason to be angry at those press conferences. Sure he’s made some poor lineup and sub choices but none that directly cost the team a win... how about the players take some responsibility.

Flipityflu
08-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Any word on a stream? Kinda stuck w/ no TV

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=16150&part=sports

Red CB Toronto
08-09-2008, 02:03 PM
A win is needed big time, the Reds will bring it on.

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 02:04 PM
I agree to some extent Kickit09, but.....

RSL, the team played poorly, but they got that equalizer, he used just 1 sub, and even when down 2-1, no subs were put in, and TFC gave up.

In the Montreal game, he takes Ibby off, puts Cunningham in, you know the rest.

Same game, have to win, plays a 4-5-1.

Kansas City on June 21st, he plays the B team and they barely attacked.

The Kingpin
08-09-2008, 02:07 PM
In a year where he started off by getting 6 wins (and a road win) in a much faster time than last season, only to witness a failure to best two USL teams at home, failing to hold onto a lead in two of them, failing to keep his cool at press conferences, failing to use his subs wisely, failing to keep Cunny off of the pitch, yeah I'd say he's good.

Read what I wrote above, what do you have as a solution? My immediate assumption is nothing at all except meaningless conjecture based on unreal scenarios. Carver is a class individual and needs time to develop a squad mentality that suits his management style. He demands passion and is not getting it, you can blame him or the passionless players. I think it's the player at this point, carver revs be up and I don't play for the squad. I would play for Carver in a second, he would get me so amped to play... I know it!! So your solution please...

Yohan
08-09-2008, 02:08 PM
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=16150&part=sports
thanks mate

RPB_Brantford_08
08-09-2008, 02:09 PM
expect this game to be over run by the Jays games by at leat 15-20 mins....yuk

Bloor West FC
08-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Guys its pissing outside WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Read what I wrote above, what do you have as a solution? My immediate assumption is nothing at all except meaningless conjecture based on unreal scenarios. Carver is a class individual and needs time to develop a squad mentality that suits his management style. He demands passion and is not getting it, you can blame him or the passionless players. I think it's the player at this point, carver revs be up and I don't play for the squad. I would play for Carver in a second, he would get me so amped to play... I know it!! So your solution please...

He's Mo all over again, a slow start to the season, then a spurt where they don't lose, then they stop scoring, and they stop winning. Here's an idea, instead of Carver yelling at his players for having no heart, my solution is to use his tactics better because that's a big contributing factor to losing these chippys.

What was his obsession with playing Cunningham? What is his obsession with using defensive formations against a seemingly inferior opponent at home? What is his obsession with using 1 sub (down 1-0, he would put Harmse over Jarrod Smith)?

The players shoulder a big responsibility for having no heart, but Carver's responsibility is to tell the players what to do AND what tactics to use.

giambac
08-09-2008, 02:20 PM
no he has already used that excuse. Today it will blamed on the high altitude in the mile high state of Colorado.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Thank the lord you're not in charge then, I love people who want managers fired after 65% of one season. So since you seem to really understand management and it's nuances, do you have a replacement in mind that you feel can execute exponentially better. Carver is class and wants to win, I like his heart and desire. He supports the fans and feels their frustration. If he blames the officials I will always understand as the MLS officials are a supreme embarrassment.

Carver is indeed the man to manage this club..fans fail to realize this is year 2 and a long way to go yet...with luck the US will get bounced
early in the olympics so we can get EDU and Wynne back.

giambac
08-09-2008, 02:22 PM

Like vancouver beating us at home.

Like Montreal finishing ahead of us in the CC? Crazy shit like that.......

RPB_Brantford_08
08-09-2008, 02:23 PM
He's Mo all over again, a slow start to the season, then a spurt where they don't lose, then they stop scoring, and they stop winning. Here's an idea, instead of Carver yelling at his players for having no heart, my solution is to use his tactics better because that's a big contributing factor to losing these chippys.

What was his obsession with playing Cunningham? What is his obsession with using defensive formations against a seemingly inferior opponent at home? What is his obsession with using 1 sub (down 1-0, he would put Harmse over Jarrod Smith)?

The players shoulder a big responsibility for having no heart, but Carver's responsibility is to tell the players what to do AND what tactics to use.

Cuny was a decent player, the balls delivered to him going forward were criminal, lazy at times he has no chance to be a success here, Carver
needs to kick some midfield ass if the passes do not get better.

rocker
08-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Going to be a difficult game. Nice big GRASS field and a bit of altitude to contend with. I think at most we perhaps can get a draw, but more likely a loss. Is it true that BMO has the smallest playing surface in the league? If it is you can see why our defenders always look like they are flopping around out of position on our away games.

by the way, I did a little web search to find field sizes... here's what I could find.. listed according to total yardage:

Colorado 120x80
Home Dept120x75
Chicago 120x75
Dallas 117x74
Crew 115x75
NE 115x75
BMO 115x75
RSL 120x70
Houston 115x70
DC 110x72
RB 106x70

So BMO is pretty average, definitely not anything that should cause massive problems (except at Colorado). And looking at home/away differentials for MLS teams this season, I can't really see any correlation between pitch size at home and then success or failure on the road (however that might be determined). it could be argued that Colorado would have an equal problem, letsay at places like Giants stadium, cuz its so much smaller.

Redcoe15
08-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Why are my expectations for this game so low? :noidea:

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Cunny was a decent player?

He started missing on breakaways the first game he played for TFC! He can't even score even when standing on the goal line. His first touches are brutal and he is so scared of the ball it makes me wonder if he knows he is playing soccer.

The balls delivered to him, even when they were good, he would fail to convert.

Yohan
08-09-2008, 02:44 PM
lower your expectation is, less disappointed you'd be

kitchener-TFC
08-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Like vancouver beating us at home.

Like the ref f*cking us over.

Anyways, my expectations of this game are a bit higher than before, and I was right about Smith and Barrett starting :p.

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Can someone do a little bit of pbp 'cause I can't watch the game?

EDIT: And the stream is for IE only (cringes) and I don't have IE .

Blixa
08-09-2008, 02:47 PM
I've curbed my enthusiasm as far as our appearences on the road are concerned. I think anything other than a loss today will be a huge surprise. Here's hoping that'll be the case.

twistedchinaman
08-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Carn You Reds!!!

Sonny Cheeba
08-09-2008, 02:49 PM
according to XS Sports in the myp2p forum he'll be streaming the game here

http://www.justin.tv/xs_sports2

for those who don't use TVU or Sopcast

i'm really hoping this works!

Hooligan69
08-09-2008, 02:55 PM

Because we never win away games, especially when we can't score goals?

:( :noidea:

NateDoGG
08-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Cmoooooooooooonnnnnnnn Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Do you know of any site that will be streaming the Sportsnet feed?

Just curious to know how Gerry Dobson sounds for a full game and how they do their broadcast compared to the Ceeb.

NateDoGG
08-09-2008, 03:01 PM
nothing better then watching a soccer match on a shitty raining day in london ontario
got my miller highlife in the fridge ready to be consumed :)

Sonny Cheeba
08-09-2008, 03:02 PM
the one i just posted is the sportsnet feed

here it is again ya bum! haha

Flipityflu
all the streams are FSC

MrHawk
I'll be watching the first 20 minutes of the game (If that) then going home :(

Stupid work, stupid distance.

Hooligan69
08-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Robert and Hemming are injured. :(

Sonny Cheeba
08-09-2008, 03:03 PM
forrest sounds like he's a little drunk.

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Crap, no Robert or Hemming?

I have a feeling this may be a 3-0 loss now.

Sonny Cheeba
08-09-2008, 03:04 PM
all the streams are FSC

wrong. not the one i posted. i'm watching it right now. XS Sports is canadian. and its Sportsnet. ya gotta dig for the feeds you want in the myp2p forums.

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 03:05 PM
This one is a Sportsnet feed (link above).

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 03:06 PM
That same 4-3-3 that lost us the Vancouver game? WTF?!

Redpunkfiddle
08-09-2008, 03:07 PM
4-3-3. Why not? Kitchen sink time...

bartzago

Was just about to post my stream here, but I see someone already did!:)

Flipityflu
shit, sorry guys.

also, thanks :)

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Nice, the ugly jerseys, hot, AND the atmosphere will suck.

chip_butty

awesome thanks!

Redpunkfiddle
Serious 'fro on Harmse.

Sorry, its come down to this...

Sonny Cheeba
Was just about to post my stream here, but I see someone already did!:)

that's your stream?!?! thanks bro! MUCH appreciated. keep it up.

Lucky Strike
08-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Where are the fans?!?!? The stadium is like 80% empty!

TFC USA
Nice diagonal ball there to Smith to start the match.

bartzago
that's your stream?!?! thanks bro! MUCH appreciated. keep it up.

Yeah man... but shhh!.. MLB is after me:)

Redpunkfiddle
08-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Come on... Smith weak. But encouraging setup.

TFC USA
Nice start, Smith really had a tough angle to shoot there.

Does Dobson always grunt and growl like this?

Shakes McQueen
Not sure what that shot was supposed to be from Smith...

- Scott

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Crap, Casey with an open header, and I think James was the one who goofed on the marking.

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Alright, no Robert or Guevara.....Brennan perhaps on the free kick?

Redpunkfiddle
08-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Groan... our free kicks are back in Robinson's hands.

TFC USA
What a surprise, a wasted free kick,

Shakes McQueen
Good kick up-field from Brennan. Awful attempt to hold it by Smith at the other end.

- Scott

Blixa
How many are attending this game? A thousand? Fuck, this place doesn't deserve a team.

MFBODD
08-09-2008, 03:15 PM
How many are attending this game? A thousand? Fuck, this place doesn't deserve a team.

And check out the condition of the pitch!

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 03:18 PM
I like that you can hear one guy banging away on a snare drum, and not much else, haha.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 03:18 PM
That was an awesome self-tackle by Clark, haha.

Blixa
08-09-2008, 03:20 PM
And check out the condition of the pitch!

Yeah, but at least they have a pitch unlike the plastic carpet at BMO.

Sonny Cheeba
08-09-2008, 03:21 PM
yeah the attendance is shameful.. it's a nice park. i don't really like it, but it's nice.

Sab0tage
08-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Awful attendance. It really confuses me why teams are in cities like this in the first place. The ground seems nice though.

Yohan
08-09-2008, 03:22 PM
That was an awesome self-tackle by Clark, haha.
that made my day

MrHawk
08-09-2008, 03:23 PM
wow Attendance is horrible. Just got a chance to finally sit down and watch for a few minutes.

Blixa
08-09-2008, 03:24 PM
It's only a matter of time before we concede a goal. We can't get out of our own half for fuck's sake.

Redpunkfiddle
08-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh jezus... who let those airhorns in.

Raging Reggie
08-09-2008, 03:25 PM
man i cant watch the TVU at work and for some reason the justin TV link says its not broadcasting..what the flip? Probably my computer at work...fucking hell!

jloome
08-09-2008, 03:25 PM
defensive pressure we had early has collapsed. We need to get it in gear or we're in trouble again.

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Smith should be fined for whatever that thing is that died and stuck to the top of his head.

- Scott

Hooligan69
08-09-2008, 03:27 PM
A replay of the Canada-China game is on CBC right now. I found that game to be quite entertaining to watch this morning. It's only a matter of time before we give up a goal and go down 1-0 in typical TFC fashion.

jloome
08-09-2008, 03:27 PM
He's also playing like absolute horseshit.

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 03:29 PM
He's also playing like absolute horseshit.

I was gonna say, I haven't been impressed with Smith's play at all so far.

On a side note, does anyone know if Colorado has a real "supporter's group"? I've been looking at the crowd, seeing if I can identify any sections that seem to care about what is happening on the pitch.

I've been hearing lots of air horns, but any idiot will blow an air horn, haha.

- Scott

Redpunkfiddle
08-09-2008, 03:30 PM

Huh? What am I missing- what arey you seeing thats not so good?

MFBODD
08-09-2008, 03:33 PM

No, I was serious. It looks good... I wasn't being sarcastic.

Shakes McQueen
I've been pretty disappointed with the sloppy passing so far this match. To be fair though, both teams have been sloppy in this regard.

Lots of pointless giveaways.

Good free kick opportunity for Toronto FC right now..

- Scott

Redpunkfiddle
More bullocks on the freekick

Shakes McQueen
...and Brennan puts it directly into the wall. Sigh.

- Scott

jloome
08-09-2008, 03:35 PM
good job on closing down Gomez's shot, though. That was encouraging.

Redpunkfiddle
08-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Anyone notice that they haven't posted the subs after the starting lineup at BMO recently?

Whoa. They just let a pack of teenage girls loose in the stadium... screetch.

MFBODD
08-09-2008, 03:38 PM
I bet more people are watching those kids play than this match.

Shakes McQueen
I like the fact that they have other pitches around the stadium too. All grass, no less.

- Scott

Southsider
Oh shit, NOT NOW MARSHALL!!

Oblio2
08-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Doesn't look good. Pulled hammy....

Redpunkfiddle
Jezus. Jezus.

Hooligan69
Looks as though Marshall is injured after that fall on the grass. Damn grass.

Wilbix
08-09-2008, 03:40 PM
i HOPE it's just pulled..... also a bit of a dick play by Cummings not playing that out.

Oblio2
They should get turf...easier on hamstrings :)

TFC USA
Like I care about SSS stats Sportsnet.

MFBODD
I like the fact that they have other pitches around the stadium too. All grass, no less.

- Scott

Wow...24 around the stadium.

Blixa
That should be a red card for fuck's sake.

Oblio2
08-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Terrible challenge...........deserved yellow...fucking wanker!

TFC USA
Not Ibrahim!!!!!!

Hooligan69
Bah! Another one down... :(

Shakes McQueen
That should be a red card for fuck's sake.

The challenge on Ibbe? I would agree.

- Scott

Oblio2
Saw the replay...fucking RED!!!! Wanker

MFBODD
That was a shit challenge

TFC USA
Hey, Smith did something useful....almost scored.

Rosenlund in, Marshall out......

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Bah! Another one down... :(

Nah, any time they do that theatrical roll once they hit the ground, they are embellishing for the call, haha.

- Scott

ag futbol
That was definately a red. Wtf is this ref thinking?

He two footed the kid through the back of his legs and wasn't even close to the ball.

Redpunkfiddle
Now what? 3-4-3? Or can Roselend play D

Robinson back.

Blixa
08-09-2008, 03:45 PM
This Colorado team sucks as much as we do. This league is painful to watch sometimes. Thank God the Premiership is just around the corner.

Oblio2
08-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Nice play Robbo

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Wow, good scoring chance there. Nice defensive save by the Colorado player too.

- Scott

ag futbol
sorry my sound cut off on my tv, did we sub marshall?

TFC USA
A bit of a subdued atmosphere is an understatement Dobson.

And another wasted set piece.

Shakes McQueen
sorry my sound cut off on my tv, did we sub marshall?

Yeah, Rosenlund came in.

- Scott

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Sutton comes to save the day!

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 03:48 PM
A bit of a subdued atmosphere is an understatement Dobson.

And another wasted set piece.

Corners are going to be tough today with our two best corner takers out.

- Scott

Oblio2
08-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Corners are going to be tough today with our two best corner takers out.

- Scott

Rickets should take them now..if not, Robbo

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 03:50 PM
What was that Smith? Laying it off to no one?!

Shakes McQueen
What was that Smith? Laying it off to no one?!

It looked like it hit the defender, but Smith's play has been pretty poor so far nonetheless.

- Scott

Blixa
Yeah, he's beginning to remind me of Lombardo.

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Sick of playing long ball........I want to see shots from 30 yards out.

Oh well, Carver is in a tough spot with this crisis......I'm just hoping for a 0-0 draw now.

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Please don't waste this...

jloome
08-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Barrett!

MFBODD
CHAD!!

TFC USA
Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeetttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

ag futbol
Yeah, he's beginning to remind me of Lombardo.
I think so too. Faster feet, but has no mind for the game at all.

Goal goal goal goal!

Lucky Strike
WOW!

t.o_moose
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaal!!!!

Redpunkfiddle
Baby!!!!!

Southsider
Nice Barrett, puts it in on a set piece.

Shakes McQueen
OH WHAT A FUCKING GOAL!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU BARRETT!

- Scott

gardooney
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"""""""""""

flamehawk
What a freekick!!

Kooper
Beauty of a free kick

Sab0tage
YES!!! What a goal!

Rocco
Goooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa al

Greg
Barrreeetttt

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlllll

Blixa
08-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Holy Fuck. Better Than Ronaldo.

TFC USA
I friggin called it! I told you Barrett would score.......

Wilbix
Barrett > Cunningham

bartzago
Fucking beautiful chad!!

TFC OZZ
awesome goal!

Imagine if he had scored that one at home last week!

Oblio2
Great shot..he looked just like Rooney there

Big Bruva
Brilliant

TFC_Chris
HOLY SHIT!!!
Beauty goal from Barrett
Great for his first TFC goal
:hump:

Flipityflu
wow

you know, this aint a bad match :)

Hooligan69
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

Woooooooooooooo.

:hurray::hurray:

ManUtd4ever
08-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Are You Fucking Kidding Me?!!!! That A Boy Barrett!!!!!!!!!!!

TFC USA
Don't worry, this will be up on goal of the week, only to have a player from DC United, scoring on a penalty kick, win goal of the week

Southsider
I think we're gonna see everybody sitting back in the second half.

ilikemusic
Barrett!

Dobs nearly lost his voice.

:canada:

Blixa
08-09-2008, 03:56 PM
We must have the best free kick takers in the league. We have amazing options when it comes to free kicks - Guevara, Robert & now Barett.

NateDoGG
what a fuckin goal by barret!!!

ag futbol
I think we're gonna see everybody sitting back in the second half.
I hope not, we should continue at the pace we are.

Not attacking too quickly but picking our spots.

Some good performances in the first half by Marshall (before getting subbed), Nana, and Barrett.

Ageroo
nice....now we need to hold in the second half.........greg has been positionally pretty good.....we have to have tons behind the ball second half...

jloome
Chicago fans aren't going to believe that one....

RicoSuave44
08-09-2008, 03:57 PM
About Fucking Time Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !! :)

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Goddamn that was an incredible kick by Barrett. Wow.

Top corner just the way all good free kicks should be too. Just wow.

Keep that up Barrett, and you will feel the TFC fan love in no time. You'll never have to buy yourself a beer ever again, haha.

- Scott

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Halftime, really not a great half by TFC, the injuries keep piling up, the offense is uninspired, but that was a GREAT FREE KICK from Barrett.

My big concern, will TFC just sit back and hold that lead or will they go for the 2nd goal? Because they have continuously given up goals in the dying moments of the game.

At this point, 1 point will do, but if we can get 3 with a depleted roster, this is huge. Even if they lose to New York, they will have Guevara and Velez and Robert and Wynne and Edu back......

1-0 to TFC.....YEAH!!!!!

RedLion
WOW! Nice one Barrett! That was a beauty.

Detroit_TFC
Picture perfect set piece.

Ageroo
I hope not, we should continue at the pace we are.

Not attacking too quickly but picking our spots.

Some good performances in the first half by Marshall (before getting subbed), Nana, and Barrett.

true picking spots is good....I think 20 minutes from Dichio....would give their D fits due to his physical style.

The Kingpin
Dichio is effective on the sidelines.... Causes a Yellow... :))

Terry
Let's hold on boys, please!

Stouffville_RPB
that could be the gola that turns the season around.

Batman
08-09-2008, 03:59 PM
that goal should gives the boys a bit of energy to help survive the 2nd half. Nice timing.

jloome
Robinson has to be careful. He's automatically dropping deep instead of going back in line with the other defenders, giving Casey a venue to break the offside trap when TFC is pressuring in Colorado's end. Almost got burned twice on it.

Smith is in way over his head. I believe they've misjudged his speed and general athleticism in moving him to a wide role. He was a target striker coming out of college and a regular goal scorer with head and feet, kind of a low-rent Rob Friend. So this role doesn't work. They'd be better to play Barrett in the middle and Robert wide up top.

zeelaw
Chicago fans aren't going to believe that one....

lol YEP

TFC USA
Barrett!

Dobs nearly lost his voice.

:canada:

Yeah, and he's no longer growling "scores!" like on the highlights I've seen.

Batman
the goal maybe top 2 in tfc history?

Red CB Toronto
great goal, what a way to finish the half

summer sunrise
08-09-2008, 04:00 PM
What a fucking shot! That had better get Goal of the Week!! Well done Barrett!!

zeelaw
Anyone else blink a few times after he scored?

Hooligan69
We need more goals in the second half. I hope we don't go into a defensive mode for the next 45 minutes because that will just lead to the Rapids equalizing and scoring a second goal in the dying minutes just to piss us off.

Pinkie
oh man

what a game!GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Red CB Toronto
08-09-2008, 04:01 PM
A dose of Danny D could be the medicine this teams needs, giving the guys a boost.

Bobo
that could be the gola that turns the season around.

that goal should gives the boys a bit of energy to help survive the 2nd half. Nice timing.

I think that's a little over dramatic, farsighted at least. I'm just hoping its the goal that finally gets us 3 points.

NO DICHIO! Do you guys want to see him play 20 minutes or a couple hundred this season? Or in his career? You don't fuck with concussions.

RPB_Brantford_08
considering the fact were missing 9 regulars the team is perfroming well, what a f**king beauty goal by Barrett...yessssssssssssssssssss.....thanks Chicago~~~

Shakes McQueen
The SportsNet commercial sports update guy just called us "FC". Mike Toth has infected everyone.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 04:02 PM

At first I didn't believe it had happened, haha. I was even happier when I heard it was Barrett that took the kick.

- Scott

TFC_Chris
Don't worry, this will be up on goal of the week, only to have a player from DC United, scoring on a penalty kick, win goal of the week

Come on, give the DC fans some credit. The Red Bulls (are shite) will score an own goal against DCU, and THAT'S what they'll vote for. ;)

Flipityflu

yep, a stunned silence

loconet
08-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Come on u redsssssssssss

They gotta get something out of this game

TFC USA
This sucks if Toronto FC faces FC Barcelona and FC Dallas in a mini tournament.

"And FC is over FC 2-1 on a Ricketts double as the winner will face FC in the final."

RicoSuave44
The SportsNet commercial sports update guy just called us "FC". Mike Toth has infected everyone.

- Scott

yea but portuando did call it "football". i'll give him that much.

Keegan
the goal maybe top 2 in tfc history?

No I would say 3rd. Behind Brennan and Guevara

Redpunkfiddle
08-09-2008, 04:04 PM

Exactly. After the last Month and a half nobody could believe it.

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 04:04 PM
This sucks if Toronto FC faces FC Barcelona and FC Dallas in a mini tournament.

"And FC is over FC 2-1 on a Ricketts double as the winner will face FC in the final."

haha!

Pray to god they don't broadcast the games over radio. Someone might have an aneurysm.

- Scott

pat416
08-09-2008, 04:05 PM
What a free KICK thanks god

zeelaw
08-09-2008, 04:06 PM
back to the game
*raises pint

here is too a tfc win

Rocco
that goal is a highlight reel

TFC USA
What are the chances had CBC gotten this, Nigel and Jason would be in the studio?

I think all of TFC's road games on CBC have been done from the studio.

boban
No I would say 3rd. Behind Brennan and Guevara
Guys are you forgetting the 1st goal ever scared at the NSS by TFC?
Hello?? Danny Dichio anyone?

pat416
08-09-2008, 04:07 PM
34 yrds out on an intl goal keeper .. thats a goal of the week MATERIAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

rocker
colorado doesn't look that great. I thought they'd come out and really take it to tfc given they have the altitude/home advantage and their full regular squad.

Lucky Strike
Did anyone see the 4 TFC supporters they showed after the goal? WE'RE EVERYWHERE!

TFC USA
I'll tell you what, I just took a massive dump, and Craig Forrest called it "World Class"....weird.

Red CB Toronto
The Reds are on the ball today

boban
34 yrds out on an intl goal keeper .. thats a goal of the week MATERIAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah Senegal. :rolleyes:

Flipityflu
08-09-2008, 04:08 PM
hmmmmm, never seen a pitched get watered at half time before.

boban
I'll tell you what, I just took a massive dump, and Craig Forrest called it "World Class"....weird.
How many pounds did you lose?

Captain Croatia
Jesus Christ what a strike. Chad Barrett, TFC welcomes you.

TFC USA
The best goal in terms of quality and not importance is probably Guevara's goal against Kansas City.

Captain Croatia
08-09-2008, 04:09 PM

I believe they usually do it over in Europe, i remember my friend telling me they watered it at half when he went to Sweden for a Tournament.

edit:
Best TFC Goals
1. DD 1st goal
2. Jimmy B's scorcher
3. Barrett FK
4. Guevara FK vs. Col
5. DD last second goal at end of last season

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 04:10 PM
How many pounds did you lose?

About 2, which Forrest then called "a world class weight loss technique".

I then got kicked in the shin by a burly man from Canada 50 times, and Forrest then said "very little contact, not much of a foul".

zeelaw
08-09-2008, 04:10 PM
oncommin storm has knocked my satellite out.....

i need updates gang.

Eastend
08-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I think given the circumstances the boys are doing well. Attakora (sp?) is holding the right back nicely nad Harmse hasn't screwed anything up in the middle...yet.

I say keep playing as we have with almost everyone behind the ball and try and take advantage on the counter as the Rapids are known to give up quick turnaround goals.

on a side note, anyone else notice the first person Barrett hugged after the goal was Carver?

pat416
haha

zeelaw
holy shit its hailin!

MFBODD
The 'FC' thing is spreading. Just read a CP article covering a game and it's riddled with 'FC' references. I have many people ask me if I'm going to the next FC game, or if I'm talking about the FC. Oh well... We're up 1-0! GO FC!

jabbronies
Toronto FC @ Colorado

..........................Sutton.................. ............

James............Harmse.............Marshall...... ....Attakora-Gyan

....................Robinson..............Brennan. ......................

.........Ricketts..................Robert......... .........Barrett.........

................................Ibrahim........... ..........................

I didn't believe the fielded players you had here before the game, but fuck...almost right on. I think the fact that you had Harmse to start is where people thought your lineup was shite. everyone knows you start a man down before you consider putting Harmes in :)

boban

I then got kicked in the shin by a burly man from Canada 50 times, and Forrest then said "very little contact, not much of a foul".
Thats quite some dump. Those are the best actually.
Makes you feel like a million bucks after.

ag futbol
08-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Come on, give the DC fans some credit. The Red Bulls (are shite) will score an own goal against DCU, and THAT'S what they'll vote for. ;)
Nothing against them personally, but they have some vote bot, that's been rigging the goal of the week for a while.

This storm has fucked up my cable. anybody else suffering?

Flipityflu
yeah, sound of the game....the players are louder than the fans.

Eastend

They watered BMO at the half of the allstar game. Now THAT was weird!

stugautz
08-09-2008, 04:13 PM

You mean one Couric :D

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 04:13 PM
I think given the circumstances the boys are doing well. Attakora (sp?) is holding the right back nicely nad Harmse hasn't screwed anything up in the middle...yet.

I say keep playing as we have with almost everyone behind the ball and try and take advantage on the counter as the Rapids are known to give up quick turnaround goals.

on a side note, anyone else notice the first person Barrett hugged after the goal was Carver?

My guess is he probably understands how frustrated Carver must be with the past several weeks. I would be happy for Carver too, haha.

- Scott

Hooligan69
08-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh crap. We don't need Sutton injured too.

TFC USA
08-09-2008, 04:14 PM
If Sutton is hurt I'm going to shoot the computer.......that's a great save as the defending breaks down yet again.

MFBODD
08-09-2008, 04:15 PM
They watered BMO at the half of the allstar game. Now THAT was weird!

What was with that anyway?

Blixa
That fucking bald fuck just kicked Sutton in the shoulder.

Blixa
This is going to be long 45 minutes.

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 04:16 PM
My guess it will just be a bruise.

- Scott

TFC USA
Phew, that was scary.

joga
can someone please tell me where i can watch this game online..