PDA

View Full Version : RE: Season ticket scalping

Shakes McQueen
08-08-2008, 08:20 AM
I notice a lot when I am on StubHub, or eBay looking for Toronto FC tickets or merchandise, that there are many season ticket holders scalping their seats to every single game.

Anyone know why MLSE wouldn't check these kinds of places, and cancel those season tickets? It can't be a money issue, because that empty seat would be filled by someone legitimate from the waiting list in 0.5 seconds.

Just looking for the insights of others. It is really frustrating to me, as someone on the waiting list, to see this kind of thing going on. Especially when it seems so easy to prevent.

- Scott

joel
08-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Right, but the scalper actually bought the tickets, and waited in line, and can sell them if they want. AS someone pointed out awhile ago if you get a business/gst number and charge an 'admin fee' it's totally legit.

and very frustrating.

giambac
08-08-2008, 04:02 PM
I notice a lot when I am on StubHub, or eBay looking for Toronto FC tickets or merchandise, that there are many season ticket holders scalping their seats to every single game.

Anyone know why MLSE wouldn't check these kinds of places, and cancel those season tickets? It can't be a money issue, because that empty seat would be filled by someone legitimate from the waiting list in 0.5 seconds.

Just looking for the insights of others. It is really frustrating to me, as someone on the waiting list, to see this kind of thing going on. Especially when it seems so easy to prevent.

- Scott

Maybe becasue MLSE is in favour of having scalpers overcharging for the tickets.

You see all tickets are sold out and becaus eof Demand/Supply there is a big buzz/craze for the general public to get their hands on tickets. By having scalpers charging outrageous prices it creates even more interest for fans to purchase TFC tickets from MLSE whenever they become available.

Flipityflu
08-08-2008, 04:11 PM
actually, what it does is create a nasty situation when you have passionate fans. i think its a matter of time before something serious errupts between scalpers and TFC supporters.

of course, its hard to get your hands on somebody selling them online...

SQUIRREL
08-08-2008, 04:19 PM
That's the thing, you get regular john and jane doe behind or close to section 110 - 115 and they don't know the chants or the call the cops on the supporters groups for swearing... I just badly want to be in the supporters section.

Dbl_D
08-08-2008, 04:21 PM
I think its great, half the time the seats next to me are empty and my buds who pay $ for seats can come sit in the $$$$ seats... I just hope i get to buy them when the guy has finally had enough losing his $$$$

ginkster88
08-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Clubs are more than happy to partner with StubHub. Remember, you can't sell just any ticket on there, the team/league/promotion/whatever must be affiliated with the website. As an example, I tried to get Rogers Cup tickets through the site, but the event wasn't even acknowledge; the only way to get tickets was through the Rogers Cup website. I'm sure there is a revenue stream to do with this. So, MLSE doesn't care that tickets are being scalped, because they probably get some of that money through some sort of partnership or licensing fee. What's better than selling tickets once? Selling them twice!