PDA

View Full Version : Mo says DP coming for sure next year...

Roogsy
08-07-2008, 11:03 PM
On Extra Time...says 18 man roster is an extreme difficulty to overcome when you have injuries and call ups taking their toll. I agree...I am not sure any other team has as many call ups as we do since not only do we lose 2 Americans on a regular basis, but also 1 Welsh, 1 Jamaican and 2 Canadians.

The fact is that no other team loses as many players as we do. And then when you add the injuries, it leaves the team thin. And yeah...Mo can try to prepare for that...but only to a degree since he has to work within the cap, the roster limits and the international slots.

I have to agree with the man. As the only Canadian team, we are certainly at a disadvantage in that regard. The only part I don't agree is where he says he doesn't believe bringing a DP in the 1st or 2nd year is a good idea. I don't understand that. What exactly would happen if you did? We could certainly use one right now!

Roogsy
08-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Jason DeVos is better on Extra Time than he is on the CBC coverage...which makes me think that perhaps given time, he really can get better.

Very knowledgeable (obviously) but communicates that knowledge very well.

And the most important part...he insists that if MLS is going to gain credibility, they MUST fall in line with the FIFA calendar. And I must say, I agree. A team like Toronto FC who signs players based on their skill, winds up losing these players to international games because of those very skills, essentially penalizing teams for signing good players.

Also...Mo points out that while Toronto can lose up to 11 players who at any given time have been called up for international duty, teams like DC United lose virtually none. That is insane!

adampz
08-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Jason DeVos is better on Extra Time than he is on the CBC coverage...which makes me think that perhaps given time, he really can get better.

Very knowledgeable (obviously) but communicates that knowledge very well.

And the most important part...he insists that if MLS is going to gain credibility, they MUST fall in line with the FIFA calendar. And I must say, I agree. A team like Toronto FC who signs players based on their skill, winds up losing these players to international games because of those very skills, essentially penalizing teams for signing good players.

Also...Mo points out that while Toronto can lose up to 11 players who at any given time have been called up for international duty, teams like DC United lose virtually none. That is insane! A couple more years of global warming, then the snow wont fall in toronto anymore and we can switch to a fifa calendar:)

Daveisonfire
08-07-2008, 11:54 PM
So I wonder what he thought about that manager that tried to bring Nuno Gomes to that second year team....prolly thought it was a kinda bad idea I guess

Captain Croatia
08-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Do the DP is coming? When? Next year?

Ossington Mental Youth
08-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Too bad cuz we need a DP striker this year.
Im not losing faith Mo (although it is your job to have a striker in place right now).
I wouldnt mind some sort of explanations tho please...

Shakes McQueen
08-08-2008, 02:04 AM
So I wonder what he thought about that manager that tried to bring Nuno Gomes to that second year team....prolly thought it was a kinda bad idea I guess

That was 100% rumour.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
08-08-2008, 02:07 AM
Im not losing faith Mo (although it is your job to have a striker in place right now).

My guess is he is just biding his time until the right player comes along for our DP slot.

Mo is probably quite insulated from the rantings you might find here, of people asking for results this season.

I still trust in him, but I hope his longer term building plan works out. I'm actually glad we haven't blindly thrown money at a sub-par DP yet.

- Scott

The Kingpin
08-08-2008, 03:59 AM
WOW!! A Toronto team that claims something is going to happen next year, who would have thought... *As I roll my eyes at this tripe*

MFG1
08-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Sounds like we will start hearing more and more stories from Mo now like this basically to start damage control for not getting any deals done. Start the back peddleing.

OK AUGUST 08,08 so in the spring when we have done nothing again we can look back to this exact day and say "He was quoted as getting a DP" then for us to be told "Well its not as easy as you think.

And as for losing upto 11 players, and say DC losing none, wouldnt that all berelative to where you decide you can get your players to sign from? Any say hmmm Canadians on DC? Are they predominantly from one part of the world? whatever Mo.

I should make a banner that says What's Plan "A", Mo?

Lucky Strike
08-08-2008, 05:56 AM
And the most important part...he insists that if MLS is going to gain credibility, they MUST fall in line with the FIFA calendar. And I must say, I agree.

In an ideal world yes, but it's just too cold to play here in the winter. Why don't other people see that?

RealG-TFC
08-08-2008, 06:48 AM
LOOOOOL I'm pretty sure he said we would have a DP by July 2008 last year! He should shut his mouth before saying stupid shit again.

canadian_bhoy
08-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Its going to be DeRo, I'd put money on it.

Daveisonfire
08-08-2008, 07:33 AM
That was 100% rumour.

- Scott

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080712.wspt-tfc12/GSStory/GlobeSportsSoccer/home

jaahuuu
08-08-2008, 07:35 AM
In an ideal world yes, but it's just too cold to play here in the winter. Why don't other people see that?
We could still us a spring-fall schedule but observe fifa dates, like Russia and Brazil.

ensco
08-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Wait a second Mo.

International callups are a problem for us, because our Canadians are always going to get called, especially for games in this hemisphere. This was known day one.

Given that, maybe it should be a factor in personnel acquisition, ie don't do ALL of the following:

- trade for Marshall
- sign Velez
- draft James
- spend a year getting Guevara, who's been pretty clear that his first duty is to Honduras

Draracle
08-08-2008, 07:51 AM
DP is such a hard spot to fill. It is a lot of wealth (wealth being more than just money) tied up in one player. And just convincing someone to come is hard enough. So you had better be sure you want the guy so that you can pull out all the stops to get him (and that includes long term deals).

We need a solution soon, at least enough improvement to make us competitive again. I don't think that needs to be a DP, but it needs to be a signing of some significance.

denime
08-08-2008, 08:02 AM
DP is coming year after BMO Field expends,to make sure they sell those extra 5000-10000 tickets TFC will sign a DP.It's not about playoffs it's about how to make more money,and why spend extra millions of $$$$ when you have full house already(see M.Leafs).
And I agree with Mo on MLS and FIFA dates.So let's say we sign a DP now and than what ?He will get call to represent his country in WCQ and we will see fu*k all from him this year and probably next too,since WCQ goes until Nov.2009.

No DP until spring 2010,new expended BMO and MLS will stop for WC2010,make sense to sign DP and get maximum for $$$$.

Huginho
08-08-2008, 08:03 AM
A couple more years of global warming, then the snow wont fall in toronto anymore and we can switch to a fifa calendar:)

he means when fifa schedules qualifying and international friendly's then MLS should not have games going on. He dosen't mean switching the season from September to June

Shakes McQueen
08-08-2008, 08:09 AM
And as for losing upto 11 players, and say DC losing none, wouldnt that all berelative to where you decide you can get your players to sign from? Any say hmmm Canadians on DC? Are they predominantly from one part of the world?

No, it would be relative to the skill level of the domestic players on our team. the only other MNT players we have are Guevara and Robinson, who play for teams in two very different parts of the world.

Most of our call-ups are Canadians or Americans - as far as that goes, we are required to have a certain number of Canadians, and the MLS draft is 95% American players.

Our call-ups are a result of MLS' system, not anything Mo has done.

- Scott

invictusTFC
08-08-2008, 08:40 AM

I'm not convinced that we need a DP striker. I just think that we need a reliable striker. My fear is that Mo isn't covering enough territory or simply working hard enough to sign us one. He put too much time and effort into trying to sign Hucks and Dickov, and now it seems that he's got no contingency plan.

If you look as far back as training camp what strikers did Mo have at camp: Gall, Ronnie Gaspar, Tony Vairelles, Jamie Watson and Leonardo Polo. Other than Polo possibly, none of these players would be any improvement on what we currently have on the roster.

Mo has made some good deals this season and has netted the club 3 first round draft picks and a ton of allocation money. Why not use one of those draft picks and some of that allocation money to pry away a proven striker from another team? I understand that quality strikers in this league are few and far in between, but why not dangle that carrot and see what happens.

Furthermore, all this roster shuffling he has made gave us the impression that he has making some room to do something big and so far we've seen nothing. It does look like he has this team's future on a solid path (3 1st rounders, Ibbe), but if that has been his plan all along (to build for the future), I think he should come out any say it. The fans will appreciate that instead of constantly giving us blueballs with suggestions of DPs or imminent signings.

Bobo
08-08-2008, 09:21 AM
A couple more years of global warming, then the snow wont fall in toronto anymore and we can switch to a fifa calendar:)

With the ice caps melting, wouldn't that mean more snow in cold places? I dunno, I was always a pretty big scientific dumbass.:noidea:

Anyways, DP TODAY!

Oldtimer
08-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Schellas Hyndman didn’t mince words on Thursday when he strolled over to the press tent.

“We have to find a striker,” the FC Dallas coach told Goal.com. “We need to find a striker. We’ve identified a short list and there are three people on it.”

They have the same problem. At least they have some prospects (good ones? Who knows?).

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=810430

rocker
08-08-2008, 09:29 AM
the callup question is a clear advantage to American teams obviously.
The American national team can only take a certain # of Americans. The American player pool is much deeper than the Canadian one. Thus no American MLS team is ever going to lose many players to callups. Since most of the teams don't rely as heavily on internationals thanks to the cheap and decent American players, they don't have to worry about as many callups.

TFC can't rely on cheap and decent Canadians, because there aren't as many out there. So they turn to good internationals who can be gained at a reasonable price -- well many of those players are the leaders of their individual countries. I don't believe you can find someone of Guevara's talent for the relatively cheap price he's being paid.

Roogsy
08-08-2008, 09:34 AM
With the ice caps melting, wouldn't that mean more snow in cold places? I dunno, I was always a pretty big scientific dumbass.:noidea:

Anyways, DP TODAY!

According to the movie "The Day after Tomorrow" it would mean an Ice Age!

Roogsy
08-08-2008, 09:36 AM
he means when fifa schedules qualifying and international friendly's then MLS should not have games going on. He dosen't mean switching the season from September to June

LMAO!

I was wondering why people were talking about the cold!

I was like "what does the cold have to do with it?"

Now I understand the confusion...hilarious. People really think the "FIFA Calendar" means the European season schedule?

Roogsy
08-08-2008, 09:37 AM
TFC can't rely on cheap and decent Canadians, because there aren't as many out there. So they turn to good internationals who can be gained at a reasonable price -- well many of those players are the leaders of their individual countries. I don't believe you can find someone of Guevara's talent for the relatively cheap price he's being paid.

This is so very very true. I think people are missing this point and it's very important.

Canadian Blue
08-08-2008, 10:07 AM

Following the FIFA calendar means the league takes a break when there are international games.......not playing throughout the winter.

invictusTFC
08-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Following the FIFA calendar means the league takes a break when there are international games.......not playing throughout the winter.

If I'm not mistaken, the current season would only have been interrupted once thus far for approximately one week. Hardly anything for the MLS to worry about. Furthermore, these FIFA international interruptions would benefit teams. Players who are suffering from nagging injuries would have a full week or so to recover properly. With an 18-man roster teams can use time to recover. It would also provide teams time to refine tactics and so forth. In some cases teams might find it advantageous to schedule Int'l friendlies during this time in stead of working them into an already hectic schedule.

mclaren
08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
WOW!! A Toronto team that claims something is going to happen next year, who would have thought... *As I roll my eyes at this tripe*

just what i was thinking - more Kool-Aid served up fresh.

Batman
08-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Ya, I think I'm at the point now, that I'l believe it when I see it.

Cashcleaner
08-08-2008, 11:52 AM
^ I don't think I would believe my eyes if it did happen either.

Kidding aside, I don't think a DP would have done us much good in '07, but we sure could have used one for this season. Contrary to what the club is feeding us, it's actually not all that hard to sign the high-quality striker that we need.

No really. Clubs all over the world make those kinda signings on a regular basis. We shouldn't be any different. Which again proves to me that the purse strings are closed on the part of the club.

MG42
08-08-2008, 12:27 PM
thsi really pisses me off...Mo saying he doesn't believe in briniging ina DP in the 1st or second year is BS, what was the Huckerby, Dickov, Musampa, etc, etc, fiascos all about then...this is damage control for sure...I think they may be writing this year off :(

mclaren
08-08-2008, 12:31 PM
I have pretty much lost all confidence in Mo. Keep Carver, let Mo go.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Dude, Huckerby, Dickov and Musampa were not DPs and definitely not worth paying DP money

ExiledRed
08-08-2008, 12:44 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the current season would only have been interrupted once thus far for approximately one week. Hardly anything for the MLS to worry about. Furthermore, these FIFA international interruptions would benefit teams. Players who are suffering from nagging injuries would have a full week or so to recover properly. With an 18-man roster teams can use time to recover. It would also provide teams time to refine tactics and so forth. In some cases teams might find it advantageous to schedule Int'l friendlies during this time in stead of working them into an already hectic schedule.

Yeah but we usually have like three games scheduled in that week.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-08-2008, 12:52 PM
^
Kidding aside, I don't think a DP would have done us much good in '07, but we sure could have used one for this season. Contrary to what the club is feeding us, it's actually not all that hard to sign the high-quality striker that we need.

No really. Clubs all over the world make those kinda signings on a regular basis. We shouldn't be any different. Which again proves to me that the purse strings are closed on the part of the club.

For the most part I do agree with this statement.
Granted we have to find one that fits.
Also youve got to remember that its not MLSE that decides on the cap, its the MLS. Im certain that if the chance arose (such as Nuno Gomes, who certainly wouldnt have come at a cheap price) to sign one of value MLSE will do so. I dont blame them for not tossing money at players randomly.

Cashcleaner
08-08-2008, 01:19 PM
^ DP signings only take $400,000 from the team's salary allowance, the remaining balance doesn't fall under the cap. We currently have more than $400,000 left to work with.

MG42
08-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Dude, Huckerby, Dickov and Musampa were not DPs and definitely not worth paying DP money

ORLY?

huckerby and Dickov were not going to be DP's HMMMMMM

reggie
08-08-2008, 04:54 PM
i think we are all getting DPed my mo.
1 wk to go mo get something done.....

ilikemusic
08-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Something is going to happen in the future?

Thats great news!

:rolleyes:

Jack
08-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Its going to be DeRo, I'd put money on it.
Yes.

Nodoubtguy
08-08-2008, 05:14 PM
DeRo sounds like a plan...I'm willing to deal with no signings for the rest of this year if it means DeRo next season.....

Ossington Mental Youth
08-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Whos writin the season off?
Mos only said we wont be getting a dp this year

MisterMacphisto
08-08-2008, 05:35 PM
DeRo sounds like a plan...I'm willing to deal with no signings for the rest of this year if it means DeRo next season.....

Me too.

Its such a good business decision... think how many DeRo jerseys will sell. In fact, I think I'm going to start a poll...

DigzTFC!
08-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Too play devil's advocate, I think Dero would not bring the return that a major international star would bring. To increase exposure across Canada, TFC needs a household name to soccer fans. Dero just doesn't do that outside of Southern Ontario. Now, from the perspective of the quality in play on the field he would be awesome. Which way do you think MLSE and TFC think?

MisterMacphisto
08-08-2008, 05:42 PM
I started a new Pol (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=4434)l to test my theory.

(I just ordered my DeRo CMNT Jersey last week)

MisterMacphisto
08-08-2008, 05:44 PM
are you people assuming DeRo is going to come here just because he's canadian?

Also because of the fact he's said he'd love to play here. And from his comments at the All Star game that he loves playing here. And the fact that we want him as he's one of the best players for the MLS and CMNT.

arsenal
08-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Unless TFC has already got a deal in place for the rights to DeRo ...... the DP is not being saved for him. Regardless of whether he resigns with Houston or not ..... they will own his rights and we will have to trade for them.

AL-MO
08-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Ya, I think I'm at the point now, that I'l believe it when I see it.

What he said ^ ^

MisterMacphisto
08-08-2008, 06:10 PM
he didn’t say he'd love to play here, he said he loves to play here. big difference. a lot of opposing players love to play here (on the other team). and wanting a player dosent do shit. most people here wanted ameobi, huckerby, dickov, gerba, ect... and where are they now. and i just dont think him being canadian gives us an advantage. Nash doesnt play for the raptors, and NONE of the best canadian hockey players play in canada.... don’t get me wrong, i'd love DeRo here, but im just not going to get my hopes up based on nothing more than wishes and assumptions.

:rolleyes: Here's a read for ya and all the other people who think this won't happen. Trust me, it will. I just want it sooner than later.

==============================

March 30, 2007 Dwayne De Rosario comments on Toronto (from Toronto Star)

De Rosario hopes to end MLS career on his home turf

Scarborough native would ditch Houston for a shot with Toronto

Mar 30, 2007 04:30 AM
MORGAN CAMPBELL
SPORTS REPORTER

DANIEL ISLAND, S.C.–Houston Dynamo midfielder Dwayne De Rosario shuffles into a hotel lobby and flops down in a leather chair.

After spending last Sunday helping Canada's national team defeat Bermuda 3-0, De Rosario jetted to Charleston, S.C., and jumped into twice-daily practice sessions during his team's final pre-season tournament, the Carolina Challenge Cup.

And he's exhausted.

After Wednesday night's 1-1 tie against the Charleston Battery, De Rosario's schedule yesterday included nothing more strenuous than a 30-minute interview.

Six weeks from now, life figures to be a little more hectic for the Canadian Soccer Association's player of the year.

On May 16, Houston visits Toronto FC, marking the Scarborough native's first pro game in Toronto in more than a decade, and possibly providing a preview of how De Rosario would like to end his career. At home.

"Most definitely (I'd like to play for Toronto someday)," said De Rosario, who began his pro career with the Toronto Lynx in 1997. "It would be a great opportunity to feel like I'm giving back to my community, and I think the MLS is realizing there's a huge market in Toronto."

Nearly 500 relatives, friends and acquaintances have already told him they plan to attend May 16.

"And they all want jerseys," says De Rosario, a finalist for MLS' goal of the year and MVP trophies last season.

After the game, he plans to throw a charity fundraiser party at a downtown nightclub.

De Rosario says playing in Toronto would give him and other players an unprecedented platform to improve the quality of soccer in the city.

"When I was growing up we didn't have a pro team to look forward to," said De Rosario, who has scored 38 goals in 138 career MLS games. "Hopefully we can keep a lot of the local talent local and they won't feel they have to go overseas like a lot of us had to."

De Rosario spent two years with a German second-division team, often enduring racial taunts from fans, before returning to the A-League in 1999.

With two years left on his contract, De Rosario doesn't expect to play for Toronto soon. He said winter rumours Toronto would trade for him were just that – rumours – but says there is precedent for players leaving MLS squads to play for their hometown teams.

Landon Donovan, an old teammate of De Rosario's, played the 2005 season in Germany's Bundesliga while San Jose held his MLS rights. Donovan only returned to the MLS when he could sign with his hometown L.A. Galaxy.

De Rosario, who lives in Houston in the off-season, has talked before about playing for Toronto but says Houston fans and management don't resent him for it.

"I don't think they take it personally because they know Toronto is my hometown," he said. "All the (San Jose) fans weren't happy (with Donovan) but you have to respect what he did for the club. It was a good opportunity for him to go home and he capitalized on it."

Jack
08-08-2008, 06:39 PM
TFC will do everything they can to get DeRo in the off-season.

Kickit09
08-08-2008, 06:45 PM
still, like a lot of other people have already said, i'll believe it when i see it.... been let down way too many times already.

TFC will do everything they can to get DeRo in the off-season.

thats not the part that worries me, its the lure of money and more prestigious leagues that worries me.

ag futbol
08-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Add me to the "I'll believe it when i see it" group.

International callups is something we knew about for a long time and we're not the only team that suffers.

Jack
08-08-2008, 08:03 PM
thats not the part that worries me, its the lure of money and more prestigious leagues that worries me.
I don't think DeRo is going to go overseas at 31...

Roogsy
08-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Add me to the "I'll believe it when i see it" group.

International callups is something we knew about for a long time and we're not the only team that suffers.

Show me a team in the MLS that has to deal with as many callups as TFC.

Daveisonfire
08-08-2008, 08:40 PM
So nobody else is confused at the fact that Mo tried to sign Nuno Gomes?

Kickit09
08-08-2008, 11:32 PM
according to these articles Houston has DeRo locked up through 2010

http://media.www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2007/07/10/Sports/Sports.Briefly-2922283.shtml

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/234148

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-08-2008, 11:45 PM
I more than a little disappointed that Mo’s talking about next year already. We need another striker now. This is going to sound a little stupid, but with the economics of the MLS, it almost makes sense to sign someone just for the sake of signing them. The team doesn’t pay the salary; the money doesn’t carry over to next season.

It makes sense for the team to give a project player / a longshot a try.

TFC USA
08-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Mo seems to have a goal to make TFC the first overseas team playing in the English Coca Cola League 1.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-08-2008, 11:57 PM
We didn’t seem to have this much trouble landing players last season. I don’t know if it’s the word about the turf is making things tough or that Mo’s being over ambitious in the players he’s going in for.

If he doesn’t make a couple signings by the end of the transfer deadline, I’m going to change my name to UltraSuperMegaCarver.

LucaGol
08-09-2008, 01:19 PM
I honestly believe it will be Dwayne De Rosario.

I think this year is the last hurrah for the Houston Dynamo with players such as Stuart Holden and Craig Waibel already rumoured to be going home to join the sounders.

DDR will be coming back to Canada....his move to FC Copenhagen looks like its off anyways.

What more can he achieve in Houston anyways....he wants to play here...he's said that several times...and he isn't getting any younger. I sincerely believe next year is the season...and we would be crazy not to give him the DP spot.

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2008, 01:26 PM
according to these articles Houston has DeRo locked up through 2010

http://media.www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2007/07/10/Sports/Sports.Briefly-2922283.shtml

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/234148

To be fair though, if TFC offers Houston enough for him, and if he expresses a desire to go to Toronto, a deal could still happen.

- Scott

Kickit09
08-09-2008, 01:34 PM
^ but who could we realisticly offer to houston for DeRo?

Jack
08-09-2008, 02:26 PM
^ but who could we realisticly offer to houston for DeRo?

Maurice Edu or Marvell Wynne. We also have 3 first round picks.

Edu's stock is still very high in the USA and Wynne is also starting on the Olympic team.

kitchener-TFC
08-09-2008, 02:49 PM
We shouldn't give Wynne away. He always gives 110%. Edu's been a bit sketchy this season, but that can still change.

Jack
08-09-2008, 06:13 PM
We shouldn't give Wynne away. He always gives 110%. Edu's been a bit sketchy this season, but that can still change.
For DeRo, I'd give up Wynne.

Stryker
08-09-2008, 10:13 PM
For DeRo, I'd give up Wynne.
For Dero I'd give up my mother.
I'd hate to trade Wynne though. He may not be a superstar but he's extraordinarily consistant.
Dero is NOT DP material though. A DP should be a world class player known across the globe.

Cashcleaner
08-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Maurice Edu or Marvell Wynne. We also have 3 first round picks.

Edu's stock is still very high in the USA and Wynne is also starting on the Olympic team.

I've been thinking about that for a while now, actually. I don't think Houston would be up for a straight swap, but we can throw in some allocation money and a draft pick or something.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-09-2008, 11:00 PM
On Extra Time...says 18 man roster is an extreme difficulty to overcome when you have injuries and call ups taking their toll. I agree...I am not sure any other team has as many call ups as we do since not only do we lose 2 Americans on a regular basis, but also 1 Welsh, 1 Jamaican and 2 Canadians.

The fact is that no other team loses as many players as we do. And then when you add the injuries, it leaves the team thin. And yeah...Mo can try to prepare for that...but only to a degree since he has to work within the cap, the roster limits and the international slots.

I have to agree with the man. As the only Canadian team, we are certainly at a disadvantage in that regard. The only part I don't agree is where he says he doesn't believe bringing a DP in the 1st or 2nd year is a good idea. I don't understand that. What exactly would happen if you did? We could certainly use one right now!

teams are not expected to win in their first 2 seasons of expansion and a DP would not promise we would be playing any better. leave thre DP till year 3 or 4 at the latest, and just continue to build the club the right way. Fans will just have to be patient in the short term.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Really dont see DeRo coming next year.
Dp maybe.
DeRo prob not

Roogsy
08-10-2008, 12:08 AM
I would't say it's an impossibility though. Yes he likes it in Houston...but at the end of the day he is a Toronto boy who has roots here as well and is probably split between the two.

I know that if I was a pro player, playing for a team in Toronto would definitely be a desire of mine. And from what DeRo has said, it seems to be a desire of his as well.

For some of us, playing at home means a lot. If it does to him, then it increases the chances of his coming. It doesn't make it a certainty, but a possibility. If he doesn't care where he plays, then coming to Toronto is an unlikelyhood.

DVS
08-10-2008, 12:45 AM
I would't say it's an impossibility though. Yes he likes it in Houston...but at the end of the day he is a Toronto boy who has roots here as well and is probably split between the two.

I know that if I was a pro player, playing for a team in Toronto would definitely be a desire of mine. And from what DeRo has said, it seems to be a desire of his as well.

For some of us, playing at home means a lot. If it does to him, then it increases the chances of his coming. It doesn't make it a certainty, but a possibility. If he doesn't care where he plays, then coming to Toronto is an unlikelyhood.

See I think Dero cares about where he plays. However; they place he wants to play is Houston. His wife loves it their and he has said to Houston media unless its a big time offer to Europe he sees himself staying in Houston.

Unless Houston is tired of Dero (and why the hell would they be) I don't see him going anywhere for years.

Just because someone is a GTA boy doesn't mean they want to play for TFC.

Yes its a packed house and yes the place is rocking. However their is many reasons why not to play in Toronto. I blieve a Scarbourough boy just recently pointed the finger at the supporters section

Cashcleaner
08-10-2008, 01:28 AM
^ I dunno about that. DeRo has been very receptive towards TFC since Day 1 and I think he really does want to play here in his hometown. I think Houston is just willing to give him more than our management was and that's it.

DVS
08-10-2008, 01:39 AM
^ I dunno about that. DeRo has been very receptive towards TFC since Day 1 and I think he really does want to play here in his hometown. I think Houston is just willing to give him more than our management was and that's it.

One of the things Houston gave him was a happier wife

MFG1
08-10-2008, 07:18 PM
the Illuminati is involved to deny us a successful team in year 2. hahaha
think about it, Mo is scottish, probably a mason, i see nothing good for us till at least 2012!:)